• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Homosexuality themed Pokemon episodes

Years
  • Seen Jan 19, 2013
I do not know any exist to my knowledge. But, whats the chance of official Pokemon anime episodes with homosexual themes being aired?

AquaticWartortle

Teh Best Wartortle
Years
There was one & it was called beauty & the beach. But it was a banned episode because James had b**** & inflated them. This was only in the Japanese version though & that is all I remember of those types of episodes.

Aquacorde

⟡ dig down, dig down ⟡
Years
Uh... Beauty and the Beach Holiday at Aopulco didn't have homosexual themes; it had suggestive ones. I don't think there have been any obviously homosexual-themed episodes, but I'm crap at picking up subtext anyway so yeah.

TheFuturePokemon

Natural.....
Years
I think we are forgetting one that appeared couple of weeks ago(BW046 The Purlion episode) where Oshawott and Mewoth fall in love with a Pulion which ends up being a male in the end.

Aquacorde

⟡ dig down, dig down ⟡
Years
Oh my god, totally blanked on that. what a boring ep that was And then they found out it was a male and figured it was cute anyway. Hahaha. Wonder how they'll change that in the dub? Anyway you're right; there was that one. Which was good and also apparently sent the message that at least Miju and Nyasu are bi. And that it's all okay and w/e.

AquaticWartortle

Teh Best Wartortle
Years
Uh... Beauty and the Beach Holiday at Aopulco didn't have homosexual themes; it had suggestive ones. I don't think there have been any obviously homosexual-themed episodes, but I'm crap at picking up subtext anyway so yeah.

You are wrong. I ment the Japanese version that was banned. And it was banned because of it. If you don't believe me then go to this link: http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Banned_episodes.

Tox

fight me
Years
You are wrong. I ment the Japanese version that was banned. And it was banned because of it. If you don't believe me then go to this link: http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Banned_episodes.
We know the Beauty and the Beach was banned. She meant it wasn't banned because of a homosexuality theme (which it doesn't have). It was banned because of a suggestive theme, i.e. James had massive breasts.

Anyway, I instantly thought of the Underbelly Show when I saw the name of the topic. I'm not sure if I'm allowed to post it so I'm not going to bother risking it. But if you go to YouTube and look at 1:47 on Pokéholics Anonymous, you'll see what I mean.

Years
  • Seen Nov 11, 2011
I vaguely remember an episode where Ash and co. visited a school and the principal appeared to be very gay. I think he danced and sang for them and spun in circles alot. The episode itself wasn't about homosexuality, but it did include an obviously homosexual character.

For the most part, though, I don't think you'll see much more than that in the future either. Almost none of the show features romance of any kind anyway, so I doubt they'll get too radical with the plots.

AquaticWartortle

Teh Best Wartortle
Years

We know the Beauty and the Beach was banned. She meant it wasn't banned because of a homosexuality theme (which it doesn't have). It was banned because of a suggestive theme, i.e. James had massive breasts.

Anyway, I instantly thought of the Underbelly Show when I saw the name of the topic. I'm not sure if I'm allowed to post it so I'm not going to bother risking it. But if you go to YouTube and look at 1:47 on Pokéholics Anonymous, you'll see what I mean.

It does sort of have that theme because a man having B****!?

vaporeon7

My life would suck without you
Years
I vaguely remember an episode where Ash and co. visited a school and the principal appeared to be very gay. I think he danced and sang for them and spun in circles alot. The episode itself wasn't about homosexuality, but it did include an obviously homosexual character.

For the most part, though, I don't think you'll see much more than that in the future either. Almost none of the show features romance of any kind anyway, so I doubt they'll get too radical with the plots.

The episode you're referring to is A Bout With Sprout.

I suppose James could be considered either homosexual in this appearance or just very eccentric.

Rucario

Madam you see before you stand
Years
I don't believe that there were many episodes that had homosexual themes, however if we were to bring up the countless episodes with transvestite themed episodes where they cross dress, then we can.

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen May 11, 2023
The show barely even features heterosexual romances, I doubt homosexual romances will come for quite a while yet. :p

sherreamethyst

Dragonite's Momma
Years
LOL, Beauty and the Beach was a great episode in Japanese. I love James, hes so funny X)

But anymore homosexuality themed episodes? I dont think so. It's just a show about Pokemon and catching them, not about showing childen "other things".

GlalieX

Ruler of Illusion
Years
  • Seen Oct 2, 2012
Slim to ****. Homosexuality isn't an issue that needs to be shoved down kid's throats via programming the way it is in every regular TV show.

Beaute

。◕‿◕。
Years
I don't think there where any homosexuality themed episodes, but there has been a flamboyant character in the anime, Harley. ^.^

Mew~

THE HOST IS BROKEN
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Apr 13, 2016
Does anyone remember that DP episode in which Pikachu and Piplup become like, attracted to one another, or along those lines. It's titled "Sticking with Who You Know" in the english dub.
ToS9P.jpg

Both are confirmed male from what I know.

Back