• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Path to Light and Darkness: Sinnohs Swan Song

§acred†Beo!

F.A.T.E.
Years
  • Age 34
  • PA
  • Seen Aug 19, 2020
Path to Light and Darkness: Sinnohs Swan Song

Story:
A strange wind has been blowing over the Shinnohs region. Professor Rowan looks out from his lab window. "Such a beautiful fall day, yet it has an eerie calm to it" he says before going back to his seat, as he goes to take a sip of his coffee the phone rings. "Hello?" Rowan answers as the conversation continues. "I understand the circumstances, but like I said we've tried to help, there's no way in.... The dark clouds are to thick, they shroud you, Kanto is lost to us... I sincerely wish you and the clan the best of luck. Goodbye Oak"... With that the conversation goes dead, a saddened and disgusted look comes over Rowan's face... "excuse me professor, the Pokemon for the trainers are ready for there arrival" a female lab assistant with cherry blond hair says walking up to the man and setting a tray with poke balls and pokedex on it. "Thank you, they should all be arriving any minute now" Rowan says.

Plot:

As new trainers in the land of Sinnoh you know what to expect during your journey. There will be gym battles won, rivalries formed, and Pokemon to catch, all in the hopes of becoming a Pokemon master. However this journey will turn out to not be your normal journey, things are quickly going to turn dark, choices will have to be made, that will in turn alter the course of the RP. What path will your choices lead you down?

Side story: "Sir we've found something" a strangely dressed man with blue pointed hair wearing an odd jumpsuit says to a shadowy figure standing in between two ancient ruin like pillars. She hands him a strange blue orb. "Good, only a few more pieces to this puzzle before I can control the most powerful force in the universe... Darkness itself"

Rules:

• Do not bunny other people characters.
  • No god modding. Your characters aren't invincible.
  • Be respectful to the other Role Players
  • Most importantly be creative and just have fun
Other notes:

• The RP will be in chapter format
  • Each chapter will have a set number of posts you must reach
  • I will grade each post (which basically means determining the catching of a wild pokemon, giving out gym battles, level ups, and moves)
  • When you attempt to catch a wild pokemon let the posts end as the ball is rolling back and forth. Depending on the length, quality of the posts will determine if you catch the pokemon, and the level it is at.
  • Please make sure to read each chapter thoroughly to make sure you understand the main points to meet in your posts, and the overall story.
  • There will be chances for interactions with other RPers throughout the course of the RP. However a lot of it will be on your own.
  • This roleplay is rated 16+.
  • Important: Remember that this RP is not set in stone, your characters are going to face certain choices and challenges that will alter your path, as well as the RP's, so have fun with it.
Starter Pokemon:
133eevee.png

Eevee Lvl 5.

Spot 1: Red's Hawt Chibi Pelippers
Spot 2: Perfectmonster
Spot 3: WolfWhispers
Spot 4: {Swan}

Note: There are four spots open. Each trainer will receive an Eevee.Throughout the course of the RP each trainer will face a decision that will determine the evolution of the Eevee as well as your characters path being altered.

Name: first (optional middle) last
Age: (preferably over 13, but if you have a good reason they can be 10)
Appearance: (details! at least a good paragraph)
Personality: (make layers)
Background: (their history, at least one good thick paragraph)
Additional Information: (Anything else you'd like us to know?)
Starter Pokemon/(from list above)
RP Sample: (If you have one, please put it here. I'd really an example of your previous work )
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Chapter 1
"Journey Anew-Evil A Brew!"

Post 1
Today is the day you will begin your Pokemon journey. This is a life changing decision and many of you may be feeling eager, nervous, excited, scared, etc. Some of you may or may not be aware of the current state of the Kanto Region, however it is highly unlikely since it's been kept under cover by the strongest and smartest minds in Sinnoh. As the day begins you set out on your journey to Professor Rowans lab in Sandgem Town. When you finally arrive at the lab you are greeted at the door by a female in a white lab coat. "Welcome, the professor has been awaiting your arrival, please follow me" she says leading you to a big room full of lab equipment, shelves of books, and an old man with a gray beard wearing a sweater vest standing before you. "Well since all four of you are here I guess we can begin" he says motioning the female assistant over with a tray of pokeballs and pokedexs. She begins handing each of you a pokeball with your starter Pokemon in it, a pokedex, and extra pokeballs. "I used to give everyone a different Pokemon, however I changed my formula up this year, each of you will receive an eevee. Eevees are an interesting species, they have the unique characteristic of evolving into many different types based on the trainer and choices he/she makes, so treat it well." He says and with that he wishes you luck and sends you on your way.

Things to do in Post 1:

• Discuss how you are feeling about heading out on your journey
  • Give a brief description of your journey to sandgem town.
  • Describe Rowans lab and receiving your first Pokemon.
Post 2

As you are about to exit the lab the whole wall in front of you bursts open with a huge explosion. "What in the world?!" Rown shouts as the smoke begins to clear. As the four of you slowly come out of your daze you see a pink haired women in a strange jumpsuit with a "G" on her chest. A toxicroak walks at her side.

"Well, well, well you've been busy Professor" She says as she approaches Rowan.

"What do you want?" he roars back at her angrily. She begins to laugh at the old man.

"The boss wants the other orb, he knows you took it from the ruins" she says as Rowan backs up slightly.

"I have no idea what you are talking about" he says before winking at all of you.

"Well looks like I'll have to torture you for it then, Toxicroak knock him out" she orders as it begins charging at Rowan who swiftly throws out a pokeball revealing a poliwhirl.

"All of you get out of here now!" Rowan orders. As you stand up still dazed and confused at the events unfolding in front of you, four more men dressed in the same weird jumpsuit as the pink haired women approaches each of you and calls out a Pokemon. No time to waste, battle!

Team Galactic Grunt:
Pokemon:
434stunky.png

Stunky Lvl 5
Moves: Screech, focus energy, poison gas

After defeating the grunts they all back up. You look over to see Rowan being stunned by the Toxicroak and passes out. The four men then grab him, as the women looks over to you. "See you around kiddies, don't worry will take good care of him, scouts honor" she says sarcastically before smoke surrounds them and they vanish. So many questions begin to rush through your mind, the biggest one being "What in the world just happened?!".

What to do in post 2:

• Describe everything going on around your character
  • Battle the galactic grunt
  • Describe your thoughts after everything that just occurred.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 19, 2024
Camaero Colligan
chapter 1 - part I

The day was gray and boring when Camaero set out from Twinleaf Town. His parents waved him goodbye, Mrs Colligan with a bright, proud smile and Mr Colligan with a sad, worried face. Camaero wore a bright smile himself, showing off his well kept, white teeth. Ah, the air was fresh, his backpack was packed and he wore his best boots and clothes made especially for this occasion, sewn by himself of course. And perfectly matched. He didn't have any pokémon yet, so he knew that he should stay away from tall grass and not venture into the forest alone. But the path between Sandgem town and Twinleaf town wasn't too long - he had walked it before actually, to buy textiles for his creations since there wasn't a good seller for that in Twinleaf.

The walk would have been a piece of cake, if rain hadn't started dripping down at the middle of the road. Camaero's mood went down quickly, but he tried to stay on top of things. "Ah, fresh spring rain, what's better than that, really? Gives... inspiration and... healthy lungs!" After all, it didn't pour down and his clothes were made especially for this journey, like I said earlier. They could withstand both sweat and rain, at least in decent amounts. He wasn't planning on swimming in them or going through a desert, anyways.

When he finally reached Sandgem, he was wet though. Not nice. His mood couldn't really be held up by positive thoughts anymore, because he was freezing. He walked into the first welcoming building that he saw, which happened to be the pokémon center. He had never been in here before. It was a rather stylish and amazing building, utilizing escalators to get from one floor to another, with balconies lining the upper floor. Yeah... when he became a pokémon trainer, he would visit this place more often, for sure! He asked the nurse at the counter where the laboratory was, and she gave him directions.

As soon as the rain became lighter again, he set off. No point in delaying the inevitable! His smile went back on and he whistled a little tune as he rather quickly found the big building.

"Marvelous building, actually... If I was a good enough architect to create something like that, or the pokémon center, I'd be rich already!" he said out loud, cheerfully, and walked up to the door and rang the bell.

A woman in a lab coat opened the door. "Yes?" she said.

"Oh, sorry if I'm disturbing you in some kind of important experiment," Camaero said excusingly. "I'm just a new trainer who was told to come by today..."

"Not at all!" the woman said, returning his smile but in a calmer way. "Welcome! The professor has been awaiting your arrival, please follow me."

Camaero happily did so. As they walked through corridors, he felt excitement building up inside him. Where was his first pokémon? Was it pretty? It had to be! They entered a big room full of lab equipment, shelves and old books and an old man with a gray beard wearing a sweater vest was standing in the middle of it all, looking important.

"This must be the professor!" Camaero thought out loud, his eyes gleaming. "What an impressive man! What a stylish mustache!" There were also three other trainers there. Camaero nodded happily towards them. "My new rivals, are you? How pleasant!"

Professor Rowan cleared his throat with a raised eyebrow and said: "I guess we can begin." He motioned the female assistant over with a tray of pokeballs and pokedexss. She handed each of the teenagers a pokéball said to contain a pokémon, a device called a pokédex and some extra pokéballs that were empty. To fill up with a team! Marvelous, Camaero thought.

"I used to give everyone a different Pokemon, however I changed my formula up this year, each of you will receive an eevee. Eevees are an interesting species, they have the unique characteristic of evolving into many different types based on the trainer and choices he/she makes, so treat it well," the professor told them.

"That sounds absolutely fantastic! Thank you very much, professor!" Camaero said, grasping the professor's hand and shaking it eagerly, much to Rowan's chagrin.

"Yes, yes... very much so," the mustached man said. "Now, you best be on your way, no use standing around my lab all day. Good luck on your journey and if there ever is anything you wonder or something that bothers you... uh, you should probably visit your home. Parents are always missing their journeying children, even if they maybe won't tell you. I guess I can be of help too. If it's really important."

Camaero only half listened to the last sentences from Rowan. His gaze was focused on the gleaming pokéball in his hand. Containing Eevee... his first pokémon! Maybe it would be a shiny? No, shinies were really rare. Actually, it didn't matter. He didn't know everything about pokémon, but he knew about many different species and especially the cute and beautiful ones. Eevee was one of the very cutest! "Oh, this is my lucky day... Come out, Eevee, come out! Meet me!"

On his command, the pokémon inside the ball broke out and emerged in an energy shape on the floor between the trainers. It shook its ears and peeked up at its new trainer.

"OH! She's... marvelous! So adorable! I'll take so good care of you, I promise!" Camaero bursted out.

The Eevee looked a bit intimidated, but slowly crept closer to the boy's outstretched hand and sniffed it. She licked it after a while, blinking up at him. It melted Camaero's heart and he would have squeeeeeze hugged the little pokémon if he hadn't been afraid of breaking her. "Could this little cutie really do battle?" he wondered out loud.

"Eevee!" the pokémon explained proudly. Apparently it thought it could, at least.

"We'll see about that. We'll start out lightly with some training to see what you're capable of... but we should wait out the rain first, don't you say?"

Eevee seemed to think for a moment. Rain... she didn't like rain, no. It was wet. She agreed. It seemed she had gotten a reasonable trainer after all. Good. She walked up to his feet and sat herself down on it. That act was to Camaero so cute that he almost melted down into a puddle of aaaaaawww again, but he managed to keep straight.

"Thanks, professor Rowan," he said, mouth smiling so widely that it looked like it could break.

§acred†Beo!

F.A.T.E.
Years
  • Age 34
  • PA
  • Seen Aug 19, 2020
Red Hawt: Good post! Camareo received a lvl 5 female Eevee! A pokedex! And some pokeballs! Now move on to post 2!

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 19, 2024
((OOC: Since you say "the four of you" all the time in the chapter post, I'm not sure if you mean for us to play in the same timeline or not..... because I can't interact with the others, can I? But I'll write... ))

Camaero Colligan
chapter 1 - part II

As Camaero prepared to exit the lab, the whole wall in front of them burst open with a huge explosion. Camaero shielded himself with his arms, then remembered the little thing sitting on his foot. He quickly snatched his Eevee up and held it close in his arms. He could feel its little heart flutter close to his own.

"What in the world?!" Rowan shouted and waved his arms as the smoke began to clear.

In from the hole in the wall, a woman stepped. She looked annoyed and bored, in a strange way, and she was clad in a jumpsuit with a "G" on her chest. A smug looking Toxicroak walked at her side, giving a mean glance at Camaero when it noticed that the boy was looking at it with gleaming eyes. What a cool pokémon!

"Well, well, well you've been busy Professor," she said as she approached Rowan slowly but steadily.

"What do you want?" Rowan roared back at her angrily.

The woman laughed at the old man. "The boss wants the other orb, he knows you took it from the ruins" she said and for some reason, Rowan backed up slightly.

"I have no idea what you are talking about," He said before winking at the trainers beside him. Camaero blinked. What? That was so obvious. The professor clearly knew something! Not that he should tell some hooligans who broke a building in order to come in and talk to him, no.

"Well looks like I'll have to torture you for it then," the woman, said, shrugging like she had expected this. "Toxicroak. Knock him out," she ordered.

Her pokémon began charging at Rowan, who swiftly threw out a pokeball revealing a blue and sturdy looking Poliwhirl.

"All of you, get out of here now!" Rowan ordered seriously but calmly without even looking at the trainers.

As Camaero and the others stood up, still dazed and confused at the events unfolding in front of him, four more men dressed in the same weird jumpsuit as the pink haired woman approached them, calling out a Pokemon. The grunt walking up to Camaero looked silly, to be honest. He had turquoise hair cut in an awful style and his ice blue eyes stared without feeling at the boy. "My... who was your hairdresser?" Camaero said. "I suggest you switch."

The grunt simply sent out a pokémon. It was a rather ugly one, purple and white, and with it came an awful smell. Camaero snorted, "Ugh, that must be a Stunky, no doubt."

Without further ado, the grunt ordered the Stunky to attack the boy! Camaero held his breath as a purple gas made its way through the air to him, and he ran away from it to avoid it. The grunt and the Stunky pursued them, running away through a corridor in the lab. Eevee squirmed in Camaero's arms, trying to get loose.

"Oh, but there's someone attacking us! I have to protect you!"

Eevee barked at the boy and he blinked down at her, stopping in the corridor. The grunt turned around a corner and caught up. "Oh, yeah... you can battle. Can you really?"

Eevee nodded and jumped down on the ground. It barked a little again, it just sounded cutely. But true, if Camaero was to be a trainer, he had to battle. So.

"Eevee... uh, what attacks can you make?" He quickly pulled up his pokédex and checked her page. Meanwhile, the Stunky screamed at them. The pokédex bleeped, registering it as a Screech attack that would make Eevee more fragile.

"Quick, Tackle!" he said and was soon aware of the immense speed that Eevee possessed. She easily hit the Stunky right on, harming it and making it step back. Its trainer ordered it to Focus its Energy though, and it looked ready again, using Screech once more.

Eevee was getting dizzy, but Camaero ushered her on. "Come on, Tail Whip!" Eevee used Tail Whip repeatedly until it seemed like she had definitely caught the Stunky's attention. It could be caught off guard now!

"Tackle!" Camaero shouted. "Charge forward!" And he ran alongside Eevee as the tiny pokémon tackled Stunky, making it tumble over completely, and pushed down the grunt as he reached the man, taking him by surprise. Both the grunt and its pokémon fell off their feet and Camaero and Eevee laughed in triumph and ran back to the big room where they had left the professor.

He looked around the room and just had time to see Rowan being stunned by the Toxicroak. The old man's eyes rolled up and he fell over, passing out but being caught in the fall by the same pokémon that had defeated him. The grunts who had battled the other trainers, as well as the grunt who had battled Camaero and was now sneaking back into the room, grabbed Rowan and carried him out of the hole in the wall.

"What are you doing? That is so not politically correct!" Camaero shouts, now a bit angry. Kidnapping the professor?"

The pink haired woman turned and looked Camaero over, but then she just laughed meanly again. "See you around kiddies... Don't worry, we will take good care of him, scout's honor!" she said sarcastically before smoke suddenly surround the group... and they vanished.

As the smoke once again settled, there were no sight of them. The lab was in a rubble, the hole in the wall glared at the four remaining trainers... and all Camaero could say, after exchanging a look with his Eevee, was: "Oh, dear... what did just happen?"

§acred†Beo!

F.A.T.E.
Years
  • Age 34
  • PA
  • Seen Aug 19, 2020
Reds Hawt: I loved how Camaero was running away from the battle, and Eevee stopping him XD... Anyways good battle! Eevee grew to level 7!

perfectmonster

Eggs Are Awesome!
Years
"Journey Anew - Evil A Brew!"
Post One

Four muesli bars. Check. Five hot chocolate sachets. Check again. A cheap sleeping bag, one bottle of water, a torch, a bar of soap, toothbrush and a half used tube of toothpaste. One by one, Esposito checked out the small bundle of stuff he had hurriedly grabbed before he made his escape. 'Fantastic,' he thought sarcastically. 'Just enough to live on until I either earn some money or die of hunger.' He looked up at the grey sky which looked like it was about to start raining and groaned. Goddamn weather. Why couldn't it just be sunny for once? Today was supposed to be something he would never forget, not something he didn't want to remember. The forest was giving him a hard time, too. Branches scratching his face and arms. It was a wonder more people didn't go to the hospitals on either end with missing eyes.

'Goddamn it Esposito, you sound like a whiny little kid,' he scolded himself. People who change things don't do it by acting like an emo every time something inconveniences them. He was supposed to be excited! He was finally getting something he had always wanted: a companion whom he could place his faith in. It wasn't often opportunities like this came around every day. In fact, he was a little nervous. Would he himself be able to handle whatever was coming? Of course he could. He could always rely on himself to get himself through things. He was the only one there who would.

Finally Esposito emerged from the forest into a sandy clearing. It was pretty cold and he pulled on his black and orange jacket. Still better than the damn orphanage, though. At least he had something to look forward to here. Wait, where was here exactly? He studied his surroundings as he trudged through what looked to be like a beach. Sandgem Town had a beach, he remembered, but that was at the south side of the town, pretty far from the path to the north entering the town from the forest. Crap, how much had he be been bush bashing? At least he would have thrown off any pursuers from the orphanage.

A wooden signpost was standing up at the other end of the beach. As he walked closer, he noticed it read "Sandgem Town" and had an arrow pointing north. Esposito started running, kicking sand up behind him. He couldn't be late for this. He continued further away from the beach and started coming across houses. After a quick stop for directions he found himself standing outside a large white building. He felt pretty small and insignificant standing in front of it and began wondering if this was the best idea after all. No, he couldn't back down now. This was his time to shine! He pressed the doorbell button and waited a few seconds before the door opened to reveal a pretty looking woman in a stereotypical white lab coat.

"Uh…hi. I'm Esposito Delgado, and I was kind of hoping there was one or two Pokemon left that I could possibly have?" he stood on the front porch awkwardly, like someone who was way out of his comfort zone.

The woman smiled at him. "Welcome! It's good to see another prospective trainer. The professor has been awaiting your arrival. Please follow me." With that, she turned and walked back into the building. Esposito slowly followed, amazed by the sheer cleanliness of the place. The rooms were full of crazy looking lab equipment and shelves of scientific books. How could every thing be so shiny, so in order in a place where Pokemon were kept and science was done? They kept walking and emerged into a room at the far end of the corridor, where an old man with an awesome looking grey beard wearing a sweater vest was waiting. Esposito warily looked at three other teens in the room, one stylish looking boy and two girls, one who looked tomboyish and another who looked quite plain.

The professor, Professor Rowan (at least that's what Esposito thought he was called), looked around and started to speak in a low voice. "Well, since all four of you are here I guess we can begin." He motioned to the lab-coat lady, who went and grabbed a tray holding four standard Pokedexes and a lot of shining red and white pokeballs. She handed them all one of the Pokedexes and empty pokeballs, then held one single pokeball out to Esposito, who took it in excitement. This thing held his first ever Pokemon! His mind was racing with all the different possibilities of what it could be.

Professor Rowan spoke up again: "I used to give everyone a different Pokemon. However, I changed my formula up this year, so each of you will receive an Eevee." Esposito's eyes widened. An Eevee! They were supposed to be pretty rare. Rowan continued. "Eevees are an interesting species. They have the unique characteristic of evolving into many different types based on the trainer and the choices he or she makes. So treat it well."

Esposito stared down at the metallic ball in his hands. He couldn't believe it! Inside this capsule was his first real friend, his partner, his first step on the way to making something of himself. Straight away, he pressed the button in the center of the ball and watched as white light spilled out, forming into what looked like a small brownish fox. Esposito gasped when he saw it. It looked so damn fluffy he could die. The small Eevee looked up at him and with a twitch of it's nose, walked over and started biting his shoe.

He stared at it in a kind of amazed way, then picked it up, held it a few centimeters away from his face and looked it in the eye. "Hey there, buddy. I'll be sticking around for a while so I hope I'll be a reliable trainer" Esposito stared at it and it looked right back at him, it's eyes wide. 'Eevee!' it cried in a muffled voice, licking him in the face at the same time. Esposito cracked a grin. He thought it was a male, so he held it up above his head and proclaimed: "I now dub you Carlos!"

Esposito stood in the lab, playing with his new pal until all of the other trainers adjusted their packs or began to make their way out. He didn't really want to talk to any of them. Then he walked over to the Professor, who eyed him with a kind of expectancy. "Thanks a lot for the Pokemon, Professor. It's pretty damn lively for something so small!"

"No problem whatsoever, my boy" Rowan's mustache twitched a little so Esposito thought it kind of looked like he was smiling. "I hope that you will bond with this magnificent creature. But you won't be doing much of that standing around here, now, will you? Get out there and begin your adventure, boy. Don't let anyone stop you! And if you do need any help, just call back to me every once in a while. My contact details are on that Pokedex."

"Alright Professor, thanks again!" Esposito turned away from the smart man and began walking out, a smile plastered on his face. Carlos… the name fitted somehow. He could tell stuff was going to get interesting.

§acred†Beo!

F.A.T.E.
Years
  • Age 34
  • PA
  • Seen Aug 19, 2020
Perfect monster: Good post! Esposito received a lvl 5 male Eevee! A pokedex! And extra pokeballs! Now continue to post 2!

Wolfwhispers

Trainers for Life
Years
Chapter 1
Jen had no idea silence could feel like a physical presence. Aside from the steady tumble of car wheels driving over gravel and the flow of the air conditioning it was unbearably silent.

Shifting a bit, Jen cradled her face in the palm of her hand as she gazed out at the passing houses, a few pidove flapping quickly and twittering as they kept up the same pace as the car. With a despairing sigh that fogged up the window, Jen gripped the cold dog tags that once belonged to her brother. It felt as if another weight was being added as she felt the chipped tags and thought of her brother, Jarrett, now dead and buried along with his loyal skarmory. He had wanted to be a trainer, Jen mused, and now I'm taking his place.

"We're here," Jen's second oldest brother murmured. Fingers crept up metal rimmed glasses and rubbed at weary eyes. "Take care, I guess."

"Yea, thanks, Bobby," Jen muttered back, sounding just as awkward before giving a strong grunt as she sat up straighter. This was not the time to be dragging a weary and undeserving body to a pokemon professor. She had to be strong for both herself and for Jarrett.

"Will you call?" Bobby asked as Jen stepped out of the car and swept long fingers through short, spiky hair.

She gave a shrug. "Maybe. I don't know." It had becoming awkward again.

"Right." There was a moment of silence. "Maybe you'll hair will grow out and you won't look like such a dyke."

It was so sudden and rude that Jen couldn't help but snort, humor starting to fill her. It was hard, what with her brother dying, and her family had lost its closeness and love, but now that she was leaving it was good to hear a bit of old jibes, even if it was from her nerdy older brother.

"Yea, and cut back on the cyber sex," she shot back, slamming the door shut and striding away, hand up and waving goodbye. Heavy boots stomped on gravel as she made her way up to the large, and somewhat overbearing, laboratory that would hand over to Jen her very first pokemon and hopefully put her past on hold for a while.

Upon entering a cold blast of air from the initial breeze of AC stung a little and Jen realized that something so simple that stung so much might seem symbolic. Like the wind was blowing her past away or that she was being cleansed again with a new beginning.

Naturally she snorted.

"Hello there," a voice greeted. An aging man with the sort of smile that looked like a frown greeted her along with a few other kids around her age. They were all huddled in a group and seemingly waiting for the last arrival – her. "You are Jen?"

"Yea, that's me," Jen affirmed, nodding to each person individually and standing straight and feeling rather proud. The feel of her brother's dog tags felt heavy, yet when staring down at the shining red and white pokeballs on the smooth table top she thought the intensity seemed to lighten. She felt proud, she felt strong. She felt like she was truly ready to prove herself that she was not weighed down with grief to her family and to the world that she was not some weak little girl.

"I usually hand out individual starters to each new beginning trainer," Rowan began, looking at each one of them, "but I felt I might try something a little different. With each new era changes are needed, experiments needed to be tried."

Jen felt her curiosity spike and excitement skyrocket at this new surprise. She gave a wide grin, fingerless gloved hands forming fists from her anticipation.

"I've decided that my formula needs to be changed and have decided that instead of different pokemon given out I will give you all the same one and see how exactly they change. Unlike humans, pokemon have many lookalikes of their species, and for this experiment I believe the perfect choice would be an Eevee."

Jen felt her excitement drop. How on earth was she to prove herself with the girliest pokemon ever known? It was distressing and she could feel her shoulders slump in protest. Perhaps she could see it off for something better? They were popular amongst little girls, maybe she could get a little cash and buy a real starter.

"Eevees are an interesting species," Rowan continued, "they have the unique characteristic of evolving into many different types based on the trainer and choices he/she makes, so treat it well."

With another one of those smiles that looked like a frown the man easily handed the pokeballs to the other kids. When he came to hand Jen her items she grudgingly held out her hands. With a disgusted curl of her lip and a sigh, Jen pressed the pokeball and willed the release of the pokemon inside.

It wasn't as amazing as she thought it would be. She had watched pokemon materialize her entire life in person and on television, so it wasn't that exciting when the ball split in two and, with a burst of white light, a literal life came to be in front of her very eyes. When the body had finally formed a small, brown furred creature blinked large, black eyes at her.

"Ve, vee!" it chirped, long ears twitching. It panted excitedly at her and sat on its haunches and lifted its front paws happily. It was downright adorable.

Jen of course scowled.

"Can you even fight?" she demanded, wincing a bit at how curt and negative it sounded. The pokemon's left ear twitched and seemed to shrink away from the harsh words. With a grudging sigh, Jen kneeled slowly and held out her hand. "Sorry, ok?" The pokemon continued to shrink away. "Damn it I said I was sorry!" Jen snapped, causing the pokemon to jump and skirt away.

"Having a bit of trouble?" came the professors' voice.

Jen grimaced. "Uh yea," she said hesitantly. "Look, uh…" She paused not really sure how to put this before plunging forward. She had to be strong in her actions. "I honestly appreciate this change but do you think there might be something, I don't know, a bit stronger than this? Even a purloin? No offense, but this doesn't look like it could fight to save its life."

The older man just gave a grim chuckle. "I can assure you, young lady, that appearances can be incredibly deceiving. I've helped raise these kits from an egg. They will prove themselves in time, however for now I think it is time for you to prove yourself to your pokemon."

Jen scowled at the man. She had nothing to prove to this wimpy creature. She was a strong young woman, and what she needed was someone just as strong to stand by her side. "Eevee, come on," she urged, nearly ready to kick the pokemon out of its shivering ball form, but the door literally burst open from what seemed like an explosion. She stood gapping, not believing what just happened. "The hell?"

§acred†Beo!

F.A.T.E.
Years
  • Age 34
  • PA
  • Seen Aug 19, 2020
Wolfwhispers: Great post! Jen really is a strong independent women! Let's see if we can't break her XD.. Anyways Jen received a level 5 (male or female?) Eevee! A pokedex! And some extra pokeballs!

Wolfwhispers

Trainers for Life
Years
AN: Come at me bro. ;)

Chapter

"What in the world!?"

Jen held up an arm to cover her face as smoke filled the room. She squinted her eyes, trying to see what on earth was going on. Through the smoke walked a woman as if she were simply striding through the park. She walked at a casual pace, hair running through pink hair in an almost bored way with a rather large toxicroak hopping alongside.

"Well, well," she purred, looking about the room. "It seems you've been busy, professor. And I don't mean handing out starter pokemon to simple minded commoners."

Jen bristled at the tone, lip curling in disgust and fist clenching.

"What do you want?" the aging man demanded, eyes narrowing dangerously.

"You know what I want," the pink haired woman said with that purring voice. "The orb, the orb from the ruins." Her eyes seemed to glint with unholy light. "My boss demands it and if you value your life you will hand it over."

"Never!" Rowan spat. "Everyone, defend!" he shouted at Jen and the others, startling them. "Go!" The professor revealed his own pokemon with its signature burst of white light that revealed a rather muscled poliwhirl.

"Tch, as you wish," the woman said coldly. "Men, deal with these things," she said with a gesture at the new trainers.

"Screw you!" Jen snarled, finally losing her cool.

"That would be rather nice," one of the men said, waking rather slowly towards her, a sick smile on his face. A spiky, four legged creature walked by his side that gave off a distinguished smell. Jen recognized it as a stunky. Those pests often went through her garbage at home. "What do you say, little girl? Give up now and nobody needs to be hurt."

"As if!" Jen snarled. "I don't know what the hell is going on but like hell am I gonna let some idiotic thief get away with talking to me like that." She turned to her eevee, glare fierce that made the brown furred pokemon nervous. "Eevee, show this guy what we've got!"

Too tentatively for Jen's liking, the fox pokemon moved in front of the other pokemon, ears bent back and a fake brave face set. "Vi," it chirped.

"That's it, boy," Jen encouraged, only to get a whine of confusion. "Er, girl!" Jen grinned dangerously. "We can do it girl. People like this have no right on this world, so get him!"

The man gave a bellowing laugh. "People like me?" he sneered. "Little girl, who do you think you are to judge me in such a way? Stunky, kill this weak little pokemon."

"Vi!" Eevee squeaked in fear, quivering violently as it heard the command. Jen too was a bit startled by the command before she shook herself. She knew people killed pokemon. Whether it be for food or protection or something like this, she was aware that people made orders like that. Her brother had made her aware.

"Eevee, get a hold of yourself," Jen barked, snapping her pokemon out of its shaking ball of fear it had put itself into. "Use Tackle!"

The man snorted. "Stunky, use Screech."

With an equally demeaning snort, the skunk pokemon took a deep breath and let out a bellow that nearly deafened Jen. A raging pitch seemed to echo throughout her entire being and made Eevee's hair stand on end. The furred pokemon, that hadn't even started charging yet, shook once more and looked on with wide, fearful eyes. "Stun," the spiky pokemon snorted once it was done and looked down on Eevee.

The man laughed loudly. "Not even an attempt to fight back? You say I have no right in the world? Girl, weak little pokemon that don't even attempt fight have no right in this fighting world. Something like that is better left dead or drowned at birth." He looked down at Jen. "And weak little children have no right to be walking around freely.

Jen snarled angrily, sounding more pokemon than human. "Eevee, Tackle, I said!" The brown pokemon still didn't move. It just looked at Jen in fright.

The man just shook his head, looking disappointed. "Stunky, the pokemon is useless. Kill the girl."

Anything that Jen might have said disappeared. She stood there, gapping dumbly and seemingly unable to comprehend what exactly was just ordered. "Wa-wa-wait," she gasped out, eyes wide.

"Sunkk," the skunk pokemon simpered, white claws glinting. Its fur stood higher and seemed as sharp as needles. With a deadly smirk it ran forward, stench getting closer and closer, almost as if it were the stench of death creeping in on her. It ran quickly, almost too fast for Jen to follow in her stunned state, but before she knew it the pokemon was already flying through the air, claws out and aimed at her neck.

"Veee!" came a deafening shout. A brown blur appeared from the once quivering ball known as Eevee and Jen watched with pure astonishment as the frightened pokemon she was reluctantly given smash right into the spiky purple pokemon and send it skidding across the floor.

The man was just as surprised for he was just standing there open mouthed.

"Eevee?" Jen questioned unsurely, staring down at her pokemon. It was glaring at the other pokemon for a moment before it seemed to shrink in on itself. It sighed, gave a glance at Jen and something seemed to resolve within it because it looked back at the stunky once more and hissed. Jen felt her body relax slightly. "Thanks," she breathed before hardening once more. "That's the spirit," she all but spat. "Always defend yourself!" Her brother's dog tags were clutched tightly. "Now Tackle!"

With a far more invigorated cry of "Vee!" the small pokemon charged forward. Its ears were laid back and its tail was stiff as it ran forward, tiny claws visible that unfortunately did not seem that threatening. "Vee!" Head bent forward it smashed directly into the other pokemon, sending it stumbling back with a painful wince.

The man scoffed. "One little hit isn't enough and that spark you think is spirit right now? Its survival, kid, something easily breakable that someone like you would have no clue about."

A growl erupted from Jen, her body shaking from rage. "Eevee, Tackle!" she snarled.

"Stunky, Screech!" the man barked.

A banshees scream seemed to fill the room but this time, while Eevee did falter slightly, it largely ignored the body shaking scream and charged once more. With an angry squeak it once more smashed into the opposing pokemon, sending it skidding away with a far more pained look.
as

"Skk," it whined, body tense and tail lowering in pain.

"A little pain is nothing," the man spat at his pokemon. "Use Poison Gas."

Jen tensed, horror stories flashing through her mind. Images of twitching, choking human and pokemon shuddering on the ground as the last of their breath is painfully taken away. Others of sick pokemon shuddering violently on the ground, waiting for a death that wouldn't come quick enough. All stories told and shown by her brother in an effort to warn her of the true dangers of the world.

"Get away from it!" Jen screamed, startling her pokemon. "Quick, jump on some equipment or something, just get out of there!"

With a startled look at her trainer the small eevee jumped away from the purple gas slowly floating towards it from the ends of Stunky's furry spikes. With a spring of its legs it jumped high on some rather expensive metal equipment of Rowan's that beeped and blinked with many colorful knobs.

Jen herself backed away, pressing her back against the wall. She grimaced as she realized there wasn't anywhere else to go. The others were battle as well against a variety of different stunky and if she were to bolt in any other direction she would be caught in midfire.

The man smirked, sensing her thoughts and realizing the situation. "Stunky!" he called. "Go for the girl again! One less rebel against our cause is more important than defeating a weak pokemon!"

"Stunk stun!" it called eagerly, turning away from a hissing Eevee. It surrounded itself in its own poisonous gas and sprang forward, chittering madly.

"Eevee!" Jen called, fear once again settling around her. Why in the world didn't she have any sort of protection? Why were trainers meant to only go out with a low level pokemon and nothing like a machette?

"Vee evvee!" her pokemon snarled, bravery still with it. It ignored the purple gas and leapt at the other pokemon, mouth wide. It latched onto the purple fur and bit down, causing it to yowl in pain. With a deranged hiss the poison pokemon skidded to a halt and turned its neck aground, teeth glinting and clamping down on Eevee's leg.

Soon it turned into an all out wrestling match that involved biting, scratching, tumbling and a whole lot of snarling.

Despite herself Jen was impressed. What was once a little ball of quivering fear was now a deranged, snarling and bristling thing of rage. Her Eevee had actually broken its shell just because she was in danger. Was the bond of a pokemon and human really that important to a starter?

With a burning determination Jen charged forward, arm sweeping forward and grabbing one of the askew chairs that was beside Rowan's desk. With a roar that would make a dragon look down on her fondly, Jen stomped forward.

"What are you doing!" the man shrieked, watching her with wide eyes.

"Fighting my battles!" Jen yelled. "Eevee, get out of the way!" With that order all but shouted into the pokemons ears it rolled away with a terrified whimper, eyes wide as it stared up at her trainer. "Try and kill me, bastard!?" With another yell of rage she swung down, chair coming down the horrified stunky with a sickening smash. The chair broke under the pressure and blood was quickly leaking out from under the wreckage. She could see bones sticking out of blood matted fur and as much as she didn't want to admit it she felt ill.

The man was shocked into silence, gapping like a gutted magikarp. "You-you *****," he managed, looking sick.

"What's the matter?" Jen taunted, voice breathy and shaking slightly. "Can't stand the sight of death when it's your own pokemon?"

Beside her Eeveen sniffled loudly, looking at her trainer in fear. Her ears were quivering and it almost looked as if tears were ready to fall. "Vee…"

"Fall back!" came a sudden shout, startling Jen. She gave her own frightened squeak, much to her embarrassment. "Everyone, fall back!"

The man gave Jen a disdainful look. "Next time," he muttered dangerously to her, striding away without a backwards glance at his fallen pokemon.

Jen watched, dumbfounded for a moment before horror set upon her like a midnight chill as she watch Professor Rowan be dragged away in a dead slump.

What in the name of Mew was going on here?

{Swan}

I Never Asked For This.
Years
Charlie Arthurson
Chapter 1 - Part 1

"Are you sure you'll be alright on your own?"

"Honey, we went over this, I'll be just fine," Charlie's mothes, Josephine, said with a roll of her eyes. "The new girl's coming for training tomorrow, and if that's not enough your sister can always help out."She picked up a big pot of fresh flowers to put outside while Charlie darted around her, feeling useless.

"Yeah like Karen's always been so eager to help," Charlie protested, earning a sharp glance from her mother.

"I don't want you bad-mouthing your sister, Charlie," Josephine said sternly while putting down the flowers. "So you're all packed?"

Charlie nodded, absentmindedly tugging on the strap of her backpack. "Packed and ready, I guess."

Josephine put her hand on Charlie's cheek, smiling proudly."This is going to be a wonderful experience, sweetheart, and I know you'll do well."

"Right...," Charlie muttered. "I guess I'll be off then, onto adventure, and all that," she offered a week smile before Josephine enveloped her in a hug.

"You'll call, won't you? Or write? Or both?"

"Or both," Charlie confirmed, disengaging form the hug. "I will mom, we'll keep in contact and I'll tell you all about my journey. Take care of yourself, okay?"

"Aren't I the one who's supposed to say that?" Josephine laughed. "Goodbye Charles, and know we're all proud of you."

After about 10 more minutes of teary goodbyes Charlie was finally walking the path through town that she'd been dreading for a while now. She never asked to become a trainer, in fact Josephine had signed her up for it without letting Charlie know, and she'd been so excited when Charlie was picked... Charlie just didn't have the heart to say no. She severely doubted she'd be any good though, in fact she'd told herself she'd challenge the first gym, and if she'd fail she'd just go on back home, return the starter and go back to her old life. There was probably a kid out there who wanted this opportunity far more than she did anyway.

As thought to make the walk even more dreary it started pouring too. Charlie pulled the hood of her coat over her head, but even so she was still drenched when she stepped into the lab. And of course when as soon as she stepped into a dry, warm building the rain started to lighten. As was her luck. Charlie glared at the sky outside, as if she could make it ashamed of its behaviour, before turning towards a woman who was looking at her with a curious expression.

"Ehm, hello?" Charlie started, wanting the woman to get on with it. She wasn't a big fan of strangers, and had the strange thought that the woman was judging her. She slid the hood of her coat back revealing hair that was soaked on the front yet dry at the back.

The woman smiled kindly, a smile that Charlie tentatively returned, before motioning to the door behind her. "Welcome, you're the first to arrive today, the professor has been awaiting your arrival, please follow me."Charlie followed the woman into another room which was full of filled bookshelves and strange-looking lab equipment. She resisted the urge to examine the bookshelves and run her hand along the spines, Charlie had a love for books and the knowledge and stories it contained, but this wasn't exactly a very 'normal' thing to do. Plus, she doubted she'd be able to understand much of what was in it anyway, books like those were meant to be study-books.

"Welcome miss, let's wait for the others to arrive and then we get started," a voice said absent-mindedly and Charlie turned toward the professor whom she'd forgotten was there. He looked impeccably dressed, like she'd imagine a stern professor to look like, but then with an added bushy beard. Charlie nodded at him and waited awkwardly, not really wanting to engage the professor in conversation, and kind of relieved that he didn't either, but it didn't make the atmosphere any less, well, awkward. Good thing it didn't take very long for the other trainers to arrive, and soon the room was filled with 3 other kids.

Charlie glanced at all of them, they seemed to be quite a strange quarted, the four of them. One of them looked quite young and oddly dressed. Charlie wouldn't've been surprised if he played for the other team. There was another boy looking equally younger than she did, although he couldn't've been more different then the first. He was light and blonde where the other one was dark, and far more ordinarily dressed. The other person was a girl her age, though at first glance she'd thought she was a boy. All in all they weren't really people Charlie would normally talk to, and she doubted there'd be much contact between them all. Really, she'd be perfectly fine with never seeing them again after this.

The Professor cleared his throat and Charlie returned her attention towards him. "Well since all four of you are here I guess we can begin. I used to give everyone a different Pokemon, however I changed my formula up this year, each of you will receive an eevee. Eevees are an interesting species, they have the unique characteristic of evolving into many different types based on the trainer and choices he/she makes, so treat it well."All the while the assistant went around handing each trainer their things. A Pokéball (containing, as Charlie now knew, an Eevee), a Pokédex and some empty balls. Charlie held the full Pokéball in both her hands, imagining a tiny little life inside it, waiting to emerge when needed. Did she imagine it or could she actually feel a heart beating?

"Well, off you go then, and good luck on your journey," The professor concluded and Charlie shook her head out of the thought, heading for the door. She could meet her Eevee later, really, it was about time she got this thing over with.

((Bllegh, it's unforgivable short/meh, my next posts shall be better))

§acred†Beo!

F.A.T.E.
Years
  • Age 34
  • PA
  • Seen Aug 19, 2020
Wolfwhispers: Woah, have I told you I missed your posts? Anyways Jen grew to level 2! (not really, but still woah). Eevee grew to level 7!

Swan: It was a bit short, but you made due with your descriptions of Charlies disdain for her new journey, that will be a big part in this RP. Charlie received a level 5 (male/female?) Eevee! Charlie received a pokedex, and some extra pokeballs!

{Swan}

I Never Asked For This.
Years
Charlie Arthurson
Chapter 1 - Part 2

First in the lab, first out, that's what Charlie told herself when she'd dreadfully been the first to arrive, and she'd meant to make good of that. So as soon as the Professor had finished she'd turned around and with long strides she'd really been reaching for the handle of the door when a section of the wall directly next to it exploded, throwing chunks of bricks and mortar all around her. She was lucky to have quick reflexes and raised a protective hand in front of her face which stopped quite a few chunks of wall from finding her vulnerable face. However it didn't stop the dust from finding its ways into her eyes and lungs. She was violently coughing when a female voice filled the room. "Well, well, well. You've been busy Professor." There was no mistaking the arrogance in her almost sing-song tone of voice. It was mocking, condescending and so full of confidence, Charlie loathed that voice instantly.

"What do you want?"The voice, angry, male, and obviously the Professor's, was met with a shrill high-pitched laugh from the woman. More condescension mixed with a high level of mocking. Charlie tried desperately to rub the dust from her eyes, feeling vulnerable and blind, while her throat still felt numb. Her mind couldn't even begin to comprehend what was going on, it was all too strange, too unpredicted and so impossible to be happening.

"Oh Professor, you know what I want," The woman said as if the conversation was boring her. "The other orb, the one from the ruins. The boss knows you have it, so hand it over if you value your life."And there it was, falling so plainly between the two people. The threat, so casually spoken by the woman, hung heavy in the air.

"I have no idea what you're talking about," the Professor said, but he didn't sound quite as steady as before, there was some hesitation, slight, but there.

" I guess we'll have to… pull it out of you then," the woman said with a dramatic pause, leaving no doubt of her intentions. "Pity."

Charlie had finally managed to run the dust from her eyes when the Professor, steady and calm, orders "All of you get out here now!"She just gets a glimpse of a pink head facing the Professor and two Pokémon before her the woman's voice rings out.

"Take care of it boys." with a snap of her finger, casual.

Charlie turned towards the door, fully intending to do exactly as she was told.. It was silly, really, turning toward the door with a gaping hole right next to her, but some things are simply drilled into humans. In any case, she never got as far, as a a man in a strange uniform jumps in front of her. He looks weird, really weird, a hair-cut consisting of all edges paired with a gray jumpsuit and a big 'G' stapled up front. "Why hello there sweetheart, care for a tusstle?" the guy says with a sneer. Only then does Charlie notice the small purple Pokémon by his feet looking decided malevolent. She backs up instinctively before realizing that she still had the Pokéball in her hand that she'd been given. She pressed the button, and a white form jumped out. "Oh, that's how you want to play it, huh? Very well then, Stunky?" The creature responded with a snarl, bristling it's fur, ready for battle.

"E-Eevee?" Charlie asked tentatively, looking at the ball of fluff in front of her. She'd expecting something a bit more... ferocious than what was standing between her and the purple one. She took out her Pokédex to look at Eevee's attacks, completely at a loss of what to do, and her opponent made use of her inexperience.

"This'll be a piece of cake Stunky, use Screech," the Grunt ordered and a second later an ear-piercing scream filled both Charlie's and her Eevee's ears. The latter squeaked, its fur bristling while Charlie herself jumped so quickly to cover her ears that she dropped the Pokédex, and then scrambled after it, wincing as the sound still attacked her ears. The Skunky stopped, looking quite smug, as Charlie recovered her Pokédex. Thankfully it wasn't broken.

"Eevee, use tackle," she said shakily, more than ordered. That was how you did the battling thing, wasn't it? She looked at the list of attacks at the Pokédex again and back to Eevee. The Eevee looked back questioningly, but then thankfully it started running towards the skunky. Its opponent waiting, still looking smug, until Eevee was close and easily side-stepped, causing Eevee to crash into the wall behind it. All around her Charlie heard noises of other battles going on, a screech attack too far away to hurt her ears (though she still flinched), crashes and trainers yelling orders. It was all so chaotic and distracting.

"You're gonna have to do better than that sweetheart," The grunt said smugly. "Now use poison gass."Skunky opened its mouth, releasing thin stream of purple gass that surrounded Eevee, swallowing all but its ears. Soon after a small, high coughing sound could be heard.

"Eevee!" Charlie called out, and the ears twitched in her direction. Charlie was breathing quickly, series of 'whatdoIdo?'s running through her head. "Eevee, just, get out of there," she offered quite weakly. She saw the ears face several directions, Eevee obviously couldn't see, and she was coughing so. "Follow my voice Eevee," Charlie said, seeing the ears turn towards her sound again. "That's right girl-" quickly checking her Pokédex. "Girl. Come on over here." The Eevee escaped from the smoking, running towards ho her trainer and then coughing low, trying to get the poisonous air from her lungs.

"Not so fast, Stunky, a short screech will do." The skunk opened its mouth again to scream loudly and both Charlie and Eevee cringed, scrambling to protect their ears (though Charlie without dropping the Pokédex this time).

"Why doesn't it hurt you?!" Charlie yelled, still trying to cover her ears best she could.

"Because I'm his trainer of course," The grunt shrugged as the sound was ebbing away. Charlie glared at him and ordered her Eevee to use Tackle again. The grunt laughed, " Skunky, gas the life out of that thing." The skunk released another stream of dark gas, this time a lot more than it had done before. Being heavier than air it settled almost a meter above the ground, covering most of the space between the two trainers and entirely enveloping the little fox Pokémon.

"Eevee!" Charlie cried as the coughing came again, more violent than it had done before. Shaking her head Charlie acted on an impulse, feeling a need to help the poor thing. She run tan into the smoke, took a deep breath before holding it while she reached for the ground, trying to feel for her Eevee. It didn't take long for her hands to find a very fluffy grip and she grabbed Eevee holding her above the smoke.

"Hey, sweetheart!" The grunt protested. "That's against the rules, this is a Pokémon battle!"

"Screw the rules, ***hole," Charlie snapped. "And I am not your sweetheart/i]!" She turned back to Eevee. "Eevee, as soon as the smoke clears I'm going to put you down, do you think you can switch directions really quickly?" sha asked this in a hushed tone, holding the Pokémon close to her face so the grunt wouldn't hear anything. Soon after the smoke had cleared again and she set Eevee down gently. "Now use tackle," she commanded. As expected the grunt ordered his Skunky to dodge at the right moment. Just it bended its legs, ready to jump, Charlie ordered again. "Now go to your right!" Eevee quickly shifter her weight jumping towards the right instead of straight through, and right into the Skunky's path. As the latter had already left the ground the impact had it crash into the floor and rolling a few meters from impact.

The grunt cursed creatively before ordering his next move. "Screech the living daylight out of these two!"

"Quick use Tail Whip!" came Charlie's order and Eevee started to hypnotically wave her tail back and forth just as the Skunky opened its mouth. The first note of the screech died away as he stared at the tail. Charlie used the spare moment to think and look at her surroundings. Skunky had fallen right before the start of the hole in the wall and there were big blocks of said wall all around it, if Eevee could hit him before he moved he might be in for a nasty landing, but Eevee would have to move close enough to it so it wouldn't jump out of the way. "Eevee, start moving a bit closer," she asked and the Eevee obeyed. Step by step she started closing in the meter or two of distance.

"Stunky snap out of it," the grunt said annoyed, when that didn't work he put his thumb and middle finger in his mouth and whistled loudly. The skunk's attentions were immediately diverted to his trainer. "Use screech at full power, shatter their ears!"

Skunky let out a shriek even shriller and louder than before causing both Charlie and Eevee to drop all other thoughts besides covering their ears. Charlie shook her head, she couldn't do this to Eevee, she had to stay sharp, had to think of something! "Eevee!" she yelled and one of Eevee's down-turned ears twitched in response. "Eevee tackle it, just go! Ignore the screech!" In fact, this was the perfect opportunity, due to the screech Eevee's opponent couldn't as quickly move away! Eevee looked back a moment in doubt, before starting to run towards the Stunky. The skunk wasn't worried, merely tuning up his screech even more, but that didn't stop the determined little Eevee either. When the grunt realized this is was too late, Eevee smacked the Skunky head on, who flew backwards straight into a big and sharp chunk of rubble. It fell down again, on the ground, and didn't move.

The grunt swore again, calling back his Pokémon. "No matter, sweetheart," giving the word a nasty twist. "Looks like we finished here right on time." The grunt laughed and slowly backed out through the door. Charlie was looking at him, trying to figure out what on earth he was going on about, when she heart a thump on the floor behind her. She whirled around only to see the Professor on the ground, his eyes rolled up into his head. For a second Charlie thought he was dead, but then four men grab him, and you wouldn't grab a copse to take with you? Right?

"See you kiddos," the woman says with a dismissive gesture. "T'was fun, and don't worry, we'll take care of the old man, scout's honor." Suddenly smoke starts pouring into the room and all Charlie hears is that high-pitched laugh that makes her sick. The smoke clears and there's just the four of them left.

What, wait what? How? Who? Could she wake up now? That would really be wonderful.

((I made the beginning.ending dialogue a mix of the official and Wolfwhisper's to keep it a bit on the same page, with my own twist. I hope that was alright (: ))

§acred†Beo!

F.A.T.E.
Years
  • Age 34
  • PA
  • Seen Aug 19, 2020
{Swan}: Great post! I loved how you described Charlies inexperience with pokemon and battling. Eevee grew to level 7!

Edit: Chapter 2 is not posted below.

Chapter Two
"A Letter For The Better"

It had been over an hour since you were released from questioning and although it seemed odd at this point in time, the female lab assistant from earlier told you to continue your journey, and head onto route 202 towards Jubilife City.

Before you could step foot onto the route though you are stopped by a strange man in a trench coat.

"Ahem, hello there" The man says.

"My name is Looker, I am a pokemon detective" he says before continuing. "I was contacted about a week ago by a distressed sounding Professor Rowan, he told me that he had sent a package to me containing four letter with a name and a picture attached to each letter. He had told me that I was to be at this spot at this exact time, and to give each letter to the person resembling the person in the photo attached" He says clearing his throat, reaching into his trench coat he pulls out a letter with your name on it. "Well get moving now, I have to wait here for the others, we must keep our conversations short, we could be being watched at any moment" he says as you begin to head down route 202.

"Oh one last thing, the Professor made it very clear to me that you were not to open that letter up until after you had won your first gym battle. Good luck" Looker says urging you on your way... You begin to wonder how exactly Rowan knew this was going to happen, and what exactly had you signed up for.

Route 202 is a north-facing route between Sandgem Town and Jubilife City. This route is a fairly short route which zigzags when going north. It has a few trainers within it who shall challenge you but contains nothing
else noteworthy.

Wild Pokemon:
396starly.png

Starly lvl 3-6
Moves: tackle, growl, quick attack
Availability: common

403shinx.png

Shinx lvl 3-6
Moves: tackle, leer
Availability: Common

161sentret.png

Sentret lvl 3-6
Moves: scratch, foresight, defense curl
Availability: common

058growlithe.png

Growlithe lvl 2-7
Moves: bite, roar, ember
Availability: uncommon
252treecko.png

Treecko lvl 2-7
Moves: pound, leer, absorb
Availability: RARE

Things to do in chapter 2:

• Must be two posts
  • One post can be about catching a wild pokemon, the other can be a battle against a random trainer, or anything you'd like.
  • The first posts however must contain the following before anything else
    • The conversation with Looker
    • You can change the conversation to add in your own dialogue, or his, but the concept must be the same
    • describe feelings, surroundings, etc, make it vivid.
  • When catching a wild pokemon you must end the posts with the ball rolling back and forth, depending on the posts and the rarity of the pokemon I will determine if you capture it and what level.

Last edited:

Wolfwhispers

Trainers for Life
Years
Chapter

It was a good hour later that, after a series of deep breathes, questioning by police that didn't look too cut out for the job and dealing with a sniveling eevee, was Jen finally allowed out of the uncomfortable lab. The other trainers had trailed out just as slowly, looking very unsure. It was horrifying, realizing that all they were told was to just continue their journey and not worry about anything.

"How can we not worry?" Jen asked her pokemon, looking down at the furry pokemon as she angrily stomped forward. Her pokemon offered a weak sniff, obviously uncomfortable. "I know! Insane people come in with an explosion – an explosion! – and steal a well known professor? What the hell!"

"Vee…" the small pokemon muttered, tail twitching nervously.

Jen suddenly stopped and stared down at her pokemon with a critical eye. "And you," she said, voice deadly that caused the pokemon to squeak in fear, "you faltered in battle." Her tone was that of disbelief. "People who were threatening not just our lives, but everyone in that room, and you wouldn't even fight until at the last minute? I'm sorry, but I can't accept a pokemon like that, especially not one that's gonna journey with me."

"Ve!" Eevee was looking at her with wide, frightened eyes, as if unable to believe what she was hearing.

"Yea, that's right," Jen continued, misreading the look, "we're gonna toughen you up."

Eevee sagged in relief, eyes still watery. It had really thought… "Vee…"

"Hey, you!" Jen all but snarled at a passing boy that jumped a mile high from shock. "I challenge you to a battle!"

Wide, blue eyes looked at her in shock. "But, but," the blond mumbled, "I'm not really in the mood—"

"Our eyes have met," Jen interrupted.

"That's not even a real law!" the boy argued. "It's just something stupid bullies like you made up!"

Jen scoffed. "Don't be a such a coward," she snapped. "A real trainer never says no." The boy seemed to weigh the pros and cons, figuring that Jen would probably chase after him, the boy nodded mutely. "Good!" With a gentle shove with her foot Jen urged Eevee on. "Go on," she said, time to prove yourself.

Eevee stared up at her trainer, studying her, before moving forward and facing the boy. "Ve."

Jen sighed. She would need to get a pokemon that could do a real battle roar.

The boy frowned, fumbling with two dirty pokeballs before choosing the one on the right and throwing it with barely any enthusiasm. "Go," he mumbled, not sounding too sure of himself.

With a burst of white light a body slowly formed, revealing small four legged being that was about as big as Eevee. Blue fur swayed slightly in the wind and circular ears swiveled all about, getting its grounding before looking down on Eevee with a fierce look and snarling loudly, star shaped tail twitching. "Shii!"

Jen felt impressed, wishing she had been given this pokemon instead, even if it was common. "Eevee, start this off with a Tail Whip," she ordered smoothly.

She imagined her pokemon running forward, all fangs and claws, tail sweeping behind it as she charged forward and slashed that blue kitten right in the face with a brutal slap of tail. Instead, all Eevee did was cocked its head cutely, body turn slightly and wave its slowly in an appealing way.

The shinx was unimpressed.

The boy coughed, embarrassed. "Uh, Shinx, try a Charge, please?"

With a snarl worthy of a feral persian, the small electric cat raised its head high and yowled loudly, a yellow surge of electrical energy forming all around it like a sort of barrier. When it flashed brightly the blue fur sparked with power, impressing Jen.

"Quick, while its still charging! Smash that thing with your strongest Tackle!"

Eevee had been sending envious glances up at her trainer, noticing the awe filled looks Jen sent at the other pokemon. With a disdainful sniff she let out her best yowl, although to her distress all her trainer did was wince at the high pitched squeak, and charged forward, ears bouncing up and down. "Ve vee!"

When the last spark of electricity had finally disappeared Eevee was there, head lowered and coming up, much to Jen's surprise, and really bashed in the shinx's ribs, sending it skidding and kicking up bits of dirt and grass. "Shii," it moaned, meowing pitifully for but a brief moment before hissing angrily, ears flattening back. "Shii!" it yowled, charging forward and biting down into Eevee's back.

"Vee!" Eevee screamed, tumbling all over and trying to get rid of its attacker. "Ve eeve!" The two began to bite and snap at one another in a tumbling wrestle match and Jen couldn't help but wonder if this is what would happen every single time an opposing pokemon bit down on her own.

"Eevee, now's your chance!" Jen barked. "Use a real Tail Whip this time!"

Throwing an exasperated glance at her trainer, Eevee began to whip its tail at the electrical cat, the poofy tail smacking its head repeatedly.

"Shii," Shinx growled, annoyed, barely even wincing at each smack in the face.

"Shinx, use your spark!" the boy quickly shouted, obviously seeing its chance.

Jen could feel her hair stand on end as the air crackled with static. Yellow light erupted from the tiny pokemon and before she could even shout at her pokemon to get away her pokemon was shrieking in pain, body twitching and spasming as the electrical current zapped through its tiny body. "Eevee!" she shouted, eyes widening as her pokemon sagged.

"Shii," Shinx spat, spitting a wad of brown fur from its mouth and jumping away. "Inx," it then mumbled from the jump, wincing a bit as the pain in its ribs shot through it like a bullet.

"Ya, way ta go, buddy!" the opposing trainer shouted, jumping happily. His pokemon looked back at its trainer, looking worn but proud as well.

Jen looked down at her pokemon, feeling a sad lump in her throat as she gazed at her down pokemon only to feel her heart skip a beat. Her pokemon… yes, it was shifting! And the shinx had its back turned! "NOW!" she roared. "While its back is turned!"

Long ears swiveled upwards and a twitching body rose like a creature spooked out of death. Eevee charged forward, only faltered once… ok a second time, but by Mew somehow Jen's wimpy little pokemon managed to smash its head right into Shinx's just as it turned to face Jen as she shouted. "Eeeeee!" With that high pitched scream echoing throughout the area Jen somehow managed to feel pride as she watched the wounded pokemon bounce heavily across the ground, whimpering as it finally came to a rest.

"Shinx!" the boy shouted, running over to cradle his pokemon. He looked up at Jen, the tears of bitterness already showing. "I-I just got her!" he shouted. "You didn't have to be so hard!"

And immediately that pride turned to disgust. She suddenly had trouble swallowing that lump in her throat as she watched the boy run off, limp pokemon in hand. "So-sorry…" But he was already gone.

Loud clapping filled the area, startling her and she swiveled around, face still showing how guilty she felt. A man standing tall in all black with a rather cool looking trench coat gazed at her. He smiled softly at her. "I apologize for spooking you," he said softly. "I am Looker, and I, unfortunately, do not come on the best of news."

Jen raised her guard. "What do you want?" she demanded, ready to pull up her fists if need be.

The man – Looker – raised his hands in a sign of peace. "I'm a detective," he said slowly, "and I was called by Professor Rowan one week ago. He asked me to deliver a package that matched this photo in the case something were to happen to him." He flashed a photo of Jen.

Jen felt her blood go cold. "In case something… Did he know something would happen to him?" she demanded, feeling her temper rise. What on earth was going on here?

"I'm sorry; I can't say anything else except you must not open this until after you get your first badge. It is of vital importance."

"Why?" Jen shot back. "What'll happen if I do?"

The man looked down at her. "Do you really think you're strong enough to take on those people that kidnapped the professor?" Jen's jaw snapped shut. "Get stronger," he urged, "there are things coming, and you need to be strong. Whether or not you decide to search for it, it will happen, and its best if you start training. Now please, be off with you."

Jen weighed the package in her hand, staring at it with a look of intense concentration. The moment she looked up she blinked. Looker was gone. She swallowed thickly.

"Well," she managed, staring down at her wounded pokemon. "You heard him." Her voice became strong. "Let's get strong."

perfectmonster

Eggs Are Awesome!
Years
"Journey Anew - Evil A Brew!"
Post Two

Turns out things got interesting sooner than Esposito expected.

He had only taken one step when there was an insanely loud explosion, something powerful enough to turn the corridor in front of him into rubble. Esposito was thrown backwards, losing grip on his new companion. Carlos skidded along the floor and stopped a few feet away. Esposito opened his eyes briefly and saw through the smoke and flames a large chunk of barely standing wall collapsing, bearing over the dazed Eevee. With a crumbling sound it toppled over on top of Carlos.

"NO!" Esposito shouted. He had just met his new companion and already he had managed to kill it. Groaning, he pulled himself up and started to crawl towards the small pile of rubble. Something moved in the corner of his eye and he glanced around to see a strange and creepy sight.

"What in the world?!" Professor Rowan was up, waving his arms to clear the smoke and staring at two figures standing in the charred hole in the lab. One of them was a woman, tall, slim and radiating cruelness. She had bubblegum pink hair and the letter G was emblazoned on the front of her futuristic looking jumpsuit. The second was not a person, but a Pokemon. It was hunched over and mostly dark blue in colour, with a large spike on it's head and sharp red claws producing from it's hands. The area under it's throat looked swollen. Esposito recognized it as a Toxicroak.

The woman stared at Rowan. She apparently wasn't interested in the four teenagers standing around the lab. "Well, well, well… You've been busy, Professor," She said it in a creepy singsong voice, like she was a cat toying with a trapped mouse.

"What do you want?" roared Rowan. He was seriously pissed, and looked scary as hell. The woman wasn't intimidated though. In fact, she was laughing! The hell?

"The boss wants the other orb," Rowan backed up slightly. "He knows you took it from the ruins."

Rowan recovered from his surprise and said, "I have no idea what you're talking about…" Then he turned around and… wait… did he just wink? He had winked at Esposito. This man was brave, Esposito thought. But this woman looked dangerous. Even Rowan might be over his head.

"Well, looks like I'll have to torture you for it then! Toxicroak, knock him out." The lady motioned at Rowan and the Toxicroak, which leaped at Rowan with an evil grin on it's face. It raised it's clawed hand and swung at Rowan with those claws that could cut him in half. Esposito gasped as it was about to hit…

…But suddenly the Toxicroak's hand was grabbed by a large white gloved hand. Rowan had sent out a fighter of his own, a blue frog looking thing with a white and black swirl pattern on it's chest. A Poliwhirl. Rowan faced the stunned teens and calmly ordered, "All of you, get out of here now!"

Esposito couldn't, not without saving Carlos. He was about to turn around and sift through the rubble when suddenly four more men appeared. They were wearing the same stupid looking outfits, but they had blue hair and bowl cuts. They looked like absolute dorks, Esposito thought. They split up, and one of them walked towards Esposito.

"Hey there kid," the man said. "Guess it's your unlucky day! I'm afraid I'll have to… clean up a bit here. And you look like just another bit of trash." The man laughed sadistically and suddenly a pokeball was in his hand. It opened and revealed a Stunky, a purple and white Pokemon that looked like a skunk and reeked an odor that smelled like dead Magikarp that had been washed up on the beach for a few days.

The Stunky was stalking towards him, tail high and hairs all raised on it's body. It was letting out a high pitched screeching sound and looked a little crazed in Esposito's opinion. Esposito backed up against a wall, looking for something to defend himself with. To his left, a large metal machine with lots of flashing lights and buttons. It was almost falling over, stopped only by a bit of wooden support structure from the roof. No good. To his right, part of the piping on the wall had come loose and was hanging awkwardly. Esposito quickly lurched for it but the Stunky cut him off, baring it's stained teeth.

"Pfft, come on kid. This isn't some game. It isn't some kind of piss weak kiddy wrestling, oh no. You're fighting for your life, and don't expect me to make it any easier for you." The grunt was smirking.

Esposito looked back at him. Crap, what to do? He was completely screwed, he knew that. Everyone else was preoccupied with their fights. He was cornered. Carlos was probably dead. God, he hadn't even started his life as a trainer yet and he had already screwed it up. He stood up straight, though, acting tough. He would take whatever was coming. The Stunky crept towards him and leapt through the air, but just as it was about to reach Esposito it was knocked away in a flash of brown and cream fur. Carlos!

"Oh my god, you're alive!" Esposito held out his arms as Carlos jumped into them, huddling in a dirty, shaking little ball.

"Really? THAT is your Pokemon? Ha!" the grunt laughed again, grinning like an idiot.

"Dude, it kicked your Stunky's butt," Esposito stared at him. "And now I'm gonna kick yours."

"Oooh, so scary. The newbie's got his game face on. Alright then, bring it!" the grunt picked up his Stunky and practically threw it to it's feet. "Get in there, you worthless mutt. Use Poison Gas!" The Stunky let out a growl and opened it's mouth, releasing a vile cloud of black smoke at Esposito and Carlos, who dove to one side. The attack missed them directly but wafted up into the air above them and slowly began to lower. In a matter of seconds it would descend right around Esposito's head.

Esposito looked desperately at Carlos. He had no idea what to do. "What moves do you know, little guy?" Suddenly, he remembered the Pokedex. That thing was a full on library of knowledge on Pokemon. It had to know something! He pulled it out and opened it up to find it covered in buttons on one side and a screen on the other. Desperately, he pointed it at Carlos and pressed the largest button he could see. The screen instantly came to life with a picture of an Eevee and a heap of information. And there was a list of moves.

"Quick, Carlos, use tail whip to get rid of this gas!" Carlos jumped out of his arms and clambered on top of his head, where it swung it's tail around like a helicopter, wafting it to the other side of the room. "Good job, now use Tackle!" With a cry of 'Vee!', Carlos launched itself straight off of Esposito's head and barreled into the surprised looking Stunky. It reeled back with an angry sound and fell to the ground.

"Come on you lazy thing, get the hell up and get them!" the grunt was screaming at the Stunky, who stood there looking up at it's master. Esposito felt sorry for it. It was hurt, with blood coming out of it's nose, and it was obviously afraid of this blue haired man. He wanted to help it, but he couldn't do that if it was to scared to disobey it's master.

"Use focus energy, mutt!" The Stunky obeyed the man and started glowing with a blue kind of aura. "Now Tackle it!" The Stunky looked up at the man, confused. 'It must not know that move', Esposito thought. Even though it must seem easy to them humans, Pokemon just couldn't attack anything in a way that they hadn't learned. "For god's sake, come here." The grunt picked up the startled Stunky and threw it at Carlos. Both Pokemon cried out in pain, but the blueish aura seemed to intensify the pain that hit Carlos.

"You freaking idiot! What the heck are you doing?" Esposito yelled at the grunt. "You're supposed to help your Pokemon, not goddamn hurt it more than it has to be hurt!"

"Shut up kid! If this thing was as tough as it should be then it wouldn't matter. It's practically worthless to me." The grunt smirked. "Even so, it still obeys me! These things really are stupid." He moved slightly and roughly nudged the Stunky with his foot. "Get up. I said GET UP!" the Stunky whimpered and obliged.

"Carlos, are you ok?" Esposito addressed his partner with concern, not hatred. He wanted it to know that he was going to look out for it. Seeing this, Carlos smiled a bit and said 'Vee'. Esposito didn't know what that meant, but that didn't matter. "Come here Carlos!" he knelt down and whispered a plan into Carlos's ear.

The grunt made an angry sound. "Hey kid, don't be stupid. This is a freaking battle, keep it simple!"

"Ok, you got that Carlos?" Carlos nodded and jumped into an action stance. "Now, go!" With a small grunt, it ran at the Stunky.

"Get ready, Stunky, and if you don't tackle this time I'll throw you again. Get it now!" The Stunky stood up and prepared to meet the oncoming attacker, but to it's surprise Carlos ran around it and instead Tackled the piece of wood holding back the large machine. It cracked and split, letting the machine fall towards both the grunt and the Stunky. They both tried to dive out of the way. The grunt dived and got out of the way in time. The Stunky, however, was clipped on the head. It's momentum carried it forward and out of the way of the main impact, but it was knocked out.

Wait a second… If the other trainer's Pokemon was knocked out in a battle, that meant that it was over. Which meant that Esposito had won. Together with his new partner, he had actually won his first battle! He was absolutely ecstatic. This was the first step in making something of himself.

The grunt looked around, dazed. "You idiot! What have you done? Now the boss is going to be pissed."

"I don't care, you heartless idiot. You deserve to be treated like the way you treated your Stunky." Esposito took a threatening step towards the man, who scrambled back and got up.

"Speaking of the mutt, I don't want it. It's as weak as the trainer I stole it from." He turned around and ran back to his commander. The other grunts had all been defeated aswell, and they had all moved back to huddle near the woman.

Esposito looked over at Professor Rowan in time to see his Poliwhirl get knocked against a wall by the woman's Toxicroak. The Toxicroak then leapt forward and jabbed Rowan with it's red spike on it's hand. Esposito was horrified at the sight. They couldn't just kill Rowan! Why kill someone when you want something from them. But then he realised the Toxicroak must have only stunned Rowan. The four grunts ran forward and picked Rowan up, one limb each.

The woman stayed behind and looked at the four trainers. "See you around kiddies. Don't worry, I'll take good care of him." Her mocking voice made Esposito want to punch something. Dark smoke billowed out of seemingly nowhere and surrounded the woman, her Pokemon, her grunts and her prisoner. "Scout's honor!" And with that, they were gone.

Esposito sat down heavily on the ground and Carlos jumped into his lap. "Good job, buddy! You did so well." Carlos looked up and happily licked him on the nose. Esposito looked over at the unconscious Stunky. What would happen to it? That idiot of a grunt had said that it was stolen from a trainer. Hopefully it would get back to it and it would be treated properly. Esposito's thoughts swirled around in his head, going back over all he had witnessed in the past hour or two. One question appeared through the blur: what the hell had just happened?

(I'm sorry this took so long. Holidays have been hectic!)

§acred†Beo!

F.A.T.E.
Years
  • Age 34
  • PA
  • Seen Aug 19, 2020
PerfectMonster: Good post! No worries about it taking so long things happen! Anyways Eevee grew to level 7!

tim0789

Pokemon Master
Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Dec 7, 2013
Chapter 1- Post 1&2 "Evee's Gallore, whose this woman standing in the door?"

"Jack, will you hurry up!" a petite woman with short brown hair shouts up the stairway to her 17 year old son.

"I'm going as fast as I can without spinning in circles!" Jack, a short young adult with short spikey hair hollers back at his mother as he stumbles while trying to put on his favortie green coat.

Swiftly he explodes to his feet and stares at himself in the bathroom mirror. "Yeah today's the day I finally prove how much of an amazing trainer I will be." He grins as he slides his favorite pair of goggles with flames painted on the sides onto his four head.

"I'm going to pick a Chimchar!" He says excitedly to his mother as he throws his backpack over his shoulder.

"Well fire pokemon have always been your favorite dear. It only makes sense. But remember what your father always said to you about keeping different types of pokemon in your team..." Jack sees his mother choke up as her eyes begin to tear up.

"Don't worry mom...I'll make you proud and then you won't have to worry about Dad ever again. I'm going to be the Sinnoh League Champion!" He throws a smile on as he puts his hand on his mothers shoulder.

Her eyes clear up, "Just do your best honey, I'll always be proud of you. Now get going...you don't want to be late." She wraps her son up in a hug before sending him out the door.

"Here I come Destiny." Jack takes a deep breath of fresh air and sprints towards the lab.

After running for 15 minutes Jack arrives outside of Rowans Lab in Sandgem town. "I've passed this building almost everyday of my life, but I've never been inside..." He strokes his chin and fixates his goggels before reaching for the handle, "Guess today's better than never."

"Oh hello you must be one of the new trainers follow me please!" Jack couldn't help but stare at the older woman in the lab coat as she giddily chuckles and smiles. She had a sort of nerdiness but sexiness to her that Jack couldnt understand. He was at that stage in his life where any attractive girl would make him crumble to his feet.

"Thanks!" Jack's voice cracked as no other words came from his mouth. Nervously he followed the attractive scientist.

"Well here we are!" she says leading Jack to a big room full of lab equipment, shelves of books, and an old man with a gray beard wearing a sweater vest standing calm and patient in the front.

"Professor Rowan." Jack reminded himself as thought of pictures and videos he had seen of the man.

"Well since all four of you are here I guess we can begin" he says motioning the female assistant over with a tray of pokeballs and pokedexs.

"Here you are Jack." She smiles as she reaches forward to hand the boy his items.

For a second Jack did nothing but stare, until he realized that everyones eyes were on him, "Uhhh...sor-sorry. Thanks miss." He recovered his posture as sweat trickled down his forhead. He stared at the pokeball he had just been handed, "I don't get to chose? What pokemon did I just get?"

He wondered as Rowan began to speak again, "I used to give everyone a different Pokemon, however I changed my formula up this year, each of you will receive an eevee. Eevees are an interesting species, they have the unique characteristic of evolving into many different types based on the trainer and choices he/she makes, so treat it well."

"An Evee? Well I guess thats still cool. It leaves me with many different evolution possibilities. Like Flareon or an Umbreon...Yeah that could be cool." Jack pondered the limitless evolutions as he made way for the door to begin his journey.

Suddenly the wall began to shake as Jack stood back but was still caught up in the explosion. He falls to the ground for a second without being able to hear. His vision is blury but he slowly gets up to his feet.

"Who is that..." He weakily thinks to himself as he looks into the eyes a woman with odd hair.

"Well, well, well you've been busy Professor" She says as she approaches Rowan.

"What do you want?" he roars back at her angrily. She begins to laugh at the old man.

"The boss wants the other orb, he knows you took it from the ruins" she says as Rowan backs up slightly.

"I have no idea what you are talking about" he says before winking at all of you.

"Well looks like I'll have to torture you for it then, Toxicroak knock him out" she orders as it begins charging at Rowan who swiftly throws out a pokeball revealing a poliwhirl.

"All of you get out of here now!" Rowan orders.

After listening to the conversation Jack had no problem feeling from the premises. "Not so fast!" A man wearing almost the same outfit as the woman jumps in front of him.

"Is it a battle you want?" Jack questions the man as he slowly reaches for his pokeball attached to his belt.

"We just want you out of the way...so yeah I guess so." The man laughs as he rolls a pokeball on the floor.

"Go Evee!" Jack throws his starter pokemon into battle for the first time.

"Vee! Vee!" The little pokemon roars as it quickly jumps into a battle stance.

"Way to be ready right off the bat!" Jack yelled as his pokemon was already pleasing him.

"Stunky use poison gas!" The strange man commanded his pokemon.

"Sttuuuu!" It cried as poisonous gas began spewing from it's body.

"Evee cover yourself up!" Jack immediatly called out.

Quickly Evee ducked its head under it's legs and curled it's tail around its forhead. "Nice! Now use tackle!" Jacks eyes lit up as the battle ensued.

"EVVVV!" The fury pokemon quickly leaped into attack mode and started sprinting at the skunk pokemon.

"STUNK!" It cried in agony as it flew into it's trainer, knocking him off his feet and slamming into the wall.

"Wow Evee you've got some kick to your attacks," Jack walked over and petted his companion behind the ear. "I think i'll call you KICKS then. What do you think?"

"Vee!" Evee ran around Jack in circles. "Haha good glad to see you like it." He stood up and looked around the room as Kicks ran beside his leg.

"Rowan!" Jack exploded into fear as he realized the seriousness of the situation wasn't over.

The woman looked over to the trainers and laughed as he men picked up the unconcious body of the professor and fled with it.

"See you around kiddies, don't worry will take good care of him, scouts honor" she says sarcastically before smoke surrounds them and they vanish.

Jacks mind begins to race as he and the other trainers look back and forth at one another..."What in the world just happened?!".

§acred†Beo!

F.A.T.E.
Years
  • Age 34
  • PA
  • Seen Aug 19, 2020
Tim0789: Good first post, glad to have you back in my RP! It will be interesting to see how Jacks hormones play a role in this RP haha XD. Jack received a level 5 male Eevee! Jack received a pokedex and some extra pokeballs! Jack nicknamed his Eevee "Kicks", Kicks grew to level 6!

Back