• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Mysteries of Hoenn Pg 16 IC

SylveonStar

Sylveon
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Mar 15, 2017
Mysteries of Hoenn OC

SU's CLOSED

OC Thread

Plot: 25 years ago after the downfall of teams Magma and Aqua the Hoenn region made a new system for new trainers. Instead of going to the lab on your tenth birthday once a year ten children between the age of 10 and 16 are chosen to receive a Pokemon and travel. This system has proven over the years to be better because it gives the kids a choice on whether they want to travel or not. The entire region had relaxed with the two evil teams gone but that calm was going away. Suddenly people were going missing only to turn up days later with no memory as to what happened to them and all of their Pokemon missing. Professor Birch didn't cancel putting up the flyers for the ten kids who get a starter Pokemon but he was imposing new rules to try to keep them safe. He figured whatever was abducting people wouldn't go after a group. No one yet knows who is behind the abductions and Pokemon kidnappings... one person figured out the answer to the abductions... professor birch.. But since then he has gone missing,

You: You are one of the ten kids who have been chosen to receive a Pokemon. Your mission is to travel the Hoenn region and find out the cause of the mysterious abductions. Figure out who is behind them and save Professor Birch and the missing Pokemon..

Rules: 1. Follow all forum Rules
2. This RP is rated PG 16 so keep all Romance classy, no farther than kissing. As for injuries you can break a bone or have an injury as long as it is not to graphic.
3. Don't post to fast 1-4 posts a day and make sure people don't get behind, people have school and we all have different time zones.
4. If catching a Pokemon end with the ball shaking I will decide if you catch it or not
5. With battles against NPC's or wild Pokemon end with both Pokemon near fainting. Depending on how good your post is will depend on it you win or not. With battles against other make it fair talk it out and agree on who wins.
6. Leveling rules. A Pokemon gains one level for each battle it loses two for each battle it wins

Sign-Up:
Name:
Appearance: (description or picture)
History: (at least a paragraph)
Personality: (optional I know some people like me prefer developing personality during the RP)
Starter: (see the list)[

Starters:
311.gif
(taken by Star_struck_baka)
Level: 5
Moves: Growl, Thunder Wave
312.gif
(taken by Kid Mind)
Moves: Growl, Thunder Wave
280.gif
(Taken by Me)
Moves: Growl, Confusion
298.gif
(Taken by shinysweety)
Moves: Splash, Charm
258.gif
(taken by Rafael p)
Moves: Tackle, Growl
255.gif
(taken by Jasonwolf)
Moves: Scratch, Growl
252.gif
(reserved for RolePlayGirl 11)
Moves: Pound, Leer
322.gif
(taken by PsychoJigglypuff)
Moves: Growl, Tackle, Ember
290.gif
(Taken by Mick Fizz)
Moves: Scratch, Harden, Leech Life
261.gif
(Taken by FourCartridge)
Moves: Tackle, Howl

Spots:1. Amberlyn Davies
2. Mathew Larson
3. Lloyd Marks
4. Sarah Miranda
5. Ryu Acosta
6.Jade Jean Stone
7. Jason Wolf
8. Leonie Summers
9. Philip Bremen
10. Reserved for RolePlayGirl 11

Last edited:

SylveonStar

Sylveon
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Mar 15, 2017
(OOC: time for Opening posts, for now everyone just post once, for your first post write about finding the flyer of information and going to the lab to find the Professor not there. Here is my post.)

Amberlyn smiled as she woke up in the morning. The sun was shining through her window and the sky was blue not a single cloud. It looked like today was going to be perfect. As she sat up and stretched she ran a hand through her knotted blonde hair "stupid bed head" she muttered before seeing a green piece of paper on her nightstand. "dad must have put that there" she said picking it up reading the dark blue writing.

It's that time of year again, the time for Professor Birch to choose ten lucky children to get a Pokemon to start their journey. Once every year ten children between the ages of 10 and 16 are chosen to receive a Pokemon to travel the Hoenn Region their chance to battle the Gyms, train and meet Pokemon, as well as participate in Pokemon Contests. Though this year there is an added rule. The Children must stay in a group this year for their own safety. This is due to the mysterious disappearances happening throughout the region. For those kids who still wish to have their chance show up at Professor Birch's lab on May tenth. First Ten kids will be chosen.

Amberlyn grinned after reading it and threw the paper down practically flying out of her bed. She raced to the bathroom and showered after brushing her teeth. When she was done there Amberlyn brushed out her hair straight and changed into her thin pink sweater and her brown Capri pants. She put on her red belt and grabbed her backpack and pink ballet flats and raced down the stairs. "morning Dad" she smiled putting her stuff down and putting butter on two pieces of toast.

"good morning Princess" her father said kissing the top of her head. "it's only half past seven what's the rush?" he asked sitting down with his coffee and newspaper.

"I saw the flyer dad. Today's the day and I'm going to get there early, I won't miss it this year. I want to get that Ralts" Amberlyn said before taking a bite out of her toast.

"alright princess, do you have everything you need? your medicine all packed up?" he asked and Amberlyn nodded.

"yupp, all but my vitamins" she smiled getting up and getting the bottle of vitamins taking one with her cup of orange juice and putting the bottle in her bag "i have my allergy medicine and my asthma inhalers in my bag I'll be fine dad" she spoke softly finishing her breakfast and putting the plate in the dishwasher. "I'll call you whenever I get the chance Love you dad" she hugged him getting her shoes on.

"Love you too Princess, have fun" he smiled and waved as Amberlyn raced out the door. It was still early in the morning nearing eight in the morning and Amberlyn slowed down to walk. She didn't live that far from the lab and as much as she wanted to run she knew if she did then she could trigger and asthma attack and she didn't want that to happen. After five minutes of walking the lab came into view and she ran up to the doors entering smiling at the fact she was the first before realizing nobody was there.

shinysweety

In it to win it! :D
Years
Sarah Maranda
___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Sarah was fast asleep, she was dreaming about getting her first pokemon again. Then, there was a bright shine in Sarah's eye's, she moaned and turned her head the other way. The sun was still in her eye's so she took her pillow and put it over her head. Sarah's dad was in the room, he took the pillow off of Sarah's head and put it away on the other side of the bed. Sarah slightly opened her eye's, she used her hand to cover some of the sun as she looked at her father. " Breakfast is almost ready, come down when you'r dressed and all ready." Sarah's father said. "Okay" She then replied. Sarah's dad walked out of Sarah's room and closed the door, she wanted to sleep more but she had to get ready.

Sighing, Sarah sat up, her hair was really frizzy and all in knots. "Ugh" She complained to herself. Sarah took her bed sheet's off and put her leg's down to the ground. She noticed a flyer on her small desk next to her bed. Sarah picked up the flyer and read it. It's that time of year again, the time for Professor Birch to choose ten lucky children to get a Pokemon to start their journey. Once every year ten children between the ages of 10 and 16 are chosen to receive a Pokemon to travel the Hoenn Region their chance to battle the Gyms, train and meet Pokemon, as well as participate in Pokemon Contests. Though this year there is an added rule. The Children must stay in a group this year for their own safety. This is due to the mysterious disappearances happening throughout the region. For those kids who still wish to have their chance show up at Professor Birch's lab on May tenth. First Ten kids will be chosen.

It said. Sarah threw the flyer away and got up. She was in her black, fluffy night gown and her dark blue PG's. Sarah put her feet in two buneary slipper's and walked to her closet. She put on her usual outfit, a plain white top and a short black Jacket type o thing. Ripped short's and two black arm bracelet's. After she finished dressing, Sarah headed for the bathroom. She brushed her teeth and after that started to comb her knotted hair. It took a while to get the knots out, but after a few minuet's her hair was straight. After that she put her hair up in a pony tail, but leaving a big strips of hair on both side's down. She then took a pink and white hat and put it on her head.

After all this is was 7:30, she rushed down stair's and sat on the brekfast table. "Good morning Honey, you'd better eat fast if you wan't a pokemon this year." Sarah's mother greeted, she was in the kitchen getting some Bacon and Waffle's. Her mother put the food infront of Sarah and she immediately stuffed one of the Waffle's in her mouth hand swallowed it. "You know Darling, you can put some Syrup or fruit on you'r waffle's." Sarah's mom told her, as she put a bowl of cut fruit and a bottle of Syrup on the table. " No time Mom, im full you can have the rest. Seeya!" Without further notice Sarah took off her Buneary slipper's and quickly slipped into two black and white trainer's and raced outside.

Sarah made it to the lab, she burst the door's open inside and panted hard. not noticing Amberlyn. Sarah walked forward then stopped panting and looked up. She looked around and noticed a girl and no one else in here. "I knew i should have eaten more slowly!" Sarah turned to the girl. "Hi," She began. "Im Sarah, nice to meet you. Do ya know where the Proffesor is?"

Zavytar

Lonely Planet Boy
Years
Lloyd Marks

Lloyd left his house carrying his bag on his back and a paper on his hand. The paper said:

"It's that time of year again, the time for Professor Birch to choose ten lucky children to get a Pokemon to start their journey. Once every year ten children between the ages of 10 and 16 are chosen to receive a Pokemon to travel the Hoenn Region their chance to battle the Gyms, train and meet Pokemon, as well as participate in Pokemon Contests. Though this year there is an added rule. The Children must stay in a group this year for their own safety. This is due to the mysterious disappearances happening throughout the region. For those kids who still wish to have their chance show up at Professor Birch's lab on May tenth. First Ten kids will be chosen."

He looked at it again and tried not to cry. The part mentioning the disappearances made him think of his parents, who left to get him his first Pokémon and never came back. He knew they loved him. He knew they wouldn't run away. And he knew that they were taken from him. He shook his head and looked up at the sky. He had to get to Littleroot Town, and being in Lilycove didn't make things easier. He would have gotten there with his dad's Swellow, but he had taken it with him. And, once again, the thought of his missing parents almost made him cry again.

"No...I will stay strong..." he mumbled, "and get to the bottom of this..."

Then he remembered something. There was an old man that lived by the beach who owned a Tropius. Maybe...if he explained the situation to him, he might let him use the Pokémon to take him to Littleroot Town. After some minutes of waking the streets of Lilycove, he found the place. It looked more like a hut than a house, but that didn't matter. He walked up to the door and knocked on it.

"Who's there?" a voice asked.

"L-Lloyd Marks..." Lloyd replied, "Could I...talk to you for a second...sir?"

There was silence for a brief moment, but then the door opened. An old man was standing there. "What is it, kid?"

"Um, I...I need your help." Lloyd said, getting more nervous and anxious with every passing second. "You see..." he added, "My parents disappeared two days ago...and I, um, need to get to Littleroot Town so, um, I know you have a Tropius and I was wondering if, um, I could, um, borrow it, sir."

The old man looked hesitant.

"I-I'll pay you if necessary! Please!" the boy cried, and the the old man smiled.

"There is no need for that." the old man said, "I will help you." Then he sent out his Tropius and looked at him. "Tropius, I need you to take this young boy to Littleroot Town." he said. The Pokémon nodded and motioned for the kid to hop on it. Lloyd quickly got on the Pokémon.

"Thank you so much, sir!" he said, "I promise I will pay you back somehow!" The old man smiled as his Tropius took off. It flew really fast, and it got to Littleroot in a matter of minutes. Once it landed, Lloyd got off, and thanked the Tropius before it took off again to rejoin its elderly trainer.

Now it was time to find Birch's Lab. He was about to search for his Pokégear in his bag, but in the end he didn't have to because he ended up spotting the building. Slightly smiling, he walked over to the building and entered it. There were two girls waiting in there, probably to get a Pokémon as well. But the two girls were the only ones there, apart from him. He said nothing and leaned against a wall, his hands in his pockets.

Years
  • Seen Jan 26, 2013
Rafael woke up and looked around with his binds shut so no light could get in. He got up and got dressed in a white T-shirt with green on the sides of it. He also put on his black pants that also had a little bit of green on them. He grabbed his gloves and went into the bathroom to brush his teeth and take a shower. After the shower he went down the stairs and towards the fridge. When he saw what was on the fridge he nearly fainted.

It was a letter that said " It's that time of year again, the time for Professor Birch to choose ten lucky children to get a Pokemon to start their journey. Once every year ten children between the ages of 10 and 16 are chosen to receive a Pokemon to travel the Hoenn Region their chance to battle the Gyms, train and meet Pokemon, as well as participate in Pokemon Contests. Though this year there is an added rule. The Children must stay in a group this year for their own safety. This is due to the mysterious disappearances happening throughout the region. For those kids who still wish to have their chance show up at Professor Birch's lab on May tenth. First Ten kids will be chosen. "

He rushed out the door and towards the lab and saw that he was one of the first people there. He also noticed that the professor. He looked around only seeing a few other people that he didn't recognize mot likely due to him staying in his house all the time. Rafael sighed slightly and kept looking around hoping to see the professor somewhere but to no luck. He looked more confused than ever then he realized that he was probably really early. But if that was the case why was the door to the lab unlocked.

Years
Jj looked at her father who was asleep with his pokemon surrounding him. " DAD" She yelled and kicked him in the ribs. The muscular man grunted and rubbed his ribs.Opening his eyes he smiled at his fully dressed and fully prepared daughter.
" Jj whats up?" Said the Man as he stood up. Jj glared her piercing green eyes bore into her fathers.
" Its may tenth Dad, You said you would wake up early and take me to Littleroot i dont wanna miss out!" she said angrily.
" Oh Sorry hun okay let me get dressed and then we'll fly there." Said the muscular man who bore a great resemblance to his daughter.
" fine just hurry man" Said the ever short Jj as she walked out of her fathers room and shut the door behind her.
After a few minutes the muscular man opened the door dressed in full attire.
" lets go!" said the eager jade as she grabbed her father by his arm and pulled him out the door of their small house.
" haha Okay come out Swellow, Noctowl." he said throwing two pokeballs.
" Yes lets go" Said Jj.
The Noctowl flew over and grabbed her by the shoulders and flew her up in the slightly darkened early morning sky. Her father followed with her swellow and they started flying. Soon the two were crossing the ocean to get to Littleroot.

It took a little while to reach Littleroot from Dewford, But after a little while the father and daughter pair arrived and they landed down in front of Professor Birch's lab.
" Yes were here " said The short 14 year old girl as he feet touched down on the ground.
" Yes we are" said the girls father as he called his pokemon to their balls. Jj ran and hugged her dad.
" bye dad i'll see you soon hopefully" she said pulling away.
" Seeya Jj i wish your mom couldah been here to see you off" he said with a smile.
" i'll probably run into her soon and i'll probably see you soon too dad" she said smiling. The girls father smiled and started walking away from the lab. Jj smiled, pulling the flyer out of her pocket.
"It's that time of year again, the time for Professor Birch to choose ten lucky children to get a Pokemon to start their journey. Once every year ten children between the ages of 10 and 16 are chosen to receive a Pokemon to travel the Hoenn Region their chance to battle the Gyms, train and meet Pokemon, as well as participate in Pokemon Contests. Though this year there is an added rule. The Children must stay in a group this year for their own safety. This is due to the mysterious disappearances happening throughout the region. For those kids who still wish to have their chance show up at Professor Birch's lab on May tenth. First Ten kids will be chosen."
She read the flyer one last time and walked towards the lab. Happily she walked thru the doors. " hmmm when do i get my pokemon" she said smiling.

Jason Wolf

The Chronicler
Years
"Well this took long enough." Jason mumbled chowing down on his breakfast.

"Don't speak with your mouth full Jason." His mother scolded.

Jason swallowed then said, "I know, but what do you expect. I can finally get a pokemon. I'm six years late. Back in Joh..."

Jason trailed off. He often talked about his beloved home back in Johto, and his parents missed it there too, but this was just how it had to be.

"I'll go grab my stuff." Jason said heading up to his room.

Jason packed the generic esentials and that was it. He planned to travel light and try to cover as much ground as he could. He'd been talking with the professor since he got to Hoenn about getting his pokemon. He was all set and ready to get out of here, and atleast make being in Hoenn worth while. Jason left out the back door. He'd already been over all of this with his parents. He had no reason to drag it on. Heading on over to the profs lab Jason saw he wasn't the only one.

"guess I better hurry to grab that torchic." Jason laughed sprinting to the lab.

He rushed past a few others and ran into the lab.

"show me the pokemon!" Jason shouted.

Kid Mind

In SPACE!
Years
((OOC: Sorry for taking so long...))

Philip went towards the direction of the lab with slow steps. He could see the building being a short distance away and decided to take it slow, trying to calm himself down. Glancing on the flyer once more, he sighted. It was not that that he wasn't excited, Philip was just worried. What if the Pokemon he'd receive didn't like him, or what if the other kids would think of him as a loser? It didn't really help that the trainers had to be in a group this year because of ''mysterious disappearances'' which didn't really raise his spirits. Even though Philip didn't want to admit it, it was probably for the best for him to socialize more. Or at least his parents thought so, as they had been the ones who'd encouraged him to actually take this journey. A part of him wanted to do this, while another hoped that he would be late. The flyer itself said:

Philip returned back to reality, snapping out of his thoughts as he was right outside the lab. He took a few deep breaths before walking in, seeing six other people. Well it seemed that he actually was in time. ''Hi everyone...'' Philip greeted with a small wave and a weak smile.

Back