• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Spotlight of the Month - April

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cilerba

the hearts of lonely people
Years
I skipped a few months, no big deal!

You've got until March 31st to vote. Let's get to it!

Games

1. Pokémon: Imperial Sky
by Starrmyt

Excerpt from the storyline:
Centuries ago there was a land that prospered; air filled with happiness, earth rich with peace. This land was known by Emort. The population knew nothing but to worship the god above, bowing to the starry night and glow of the magnificent moon. Their love for the god of the moon, Yastu'kui, led their carefree lives, assuring their well-being. He watched over the land at dark, and they flourished over the land at light. Then things changed. A settlement from far east migrated to their land, largely outnumbering their population. Things started to change. People grew violent. People grew angry. People grew sad and hopeless and scared. Times became dark.

These new people began to spread a new faith among the prior citizens. They led them to the conclusion that they were wrong. There was no moon god. There was only him. Only the god of sun, Tairatu'ah. Confusion spread and riots lit the streets. That is when persecution began. Persecution of the moon worshipers and new life for the sun worshipers. Slowly, the population of the aforementioned moon people dwindled. Whether because of death, migration, conversion, or even time, the land became sparse of their kind. A new era was born.

Screenshots:
do_you_hear_a_buzz__by_hellopeopleoftheus-d4glkf3.png
creeper_in_da_house__by_hellopeopleoftheus-d4og42l.png

2. Pokémon Obsidian Version
by Atomic Reactor

Storyline:
You, Your father, and family friend Phil, have been asked to go around the region of Evoran to find and artifacts and fossils that could somehow help with the study of this region. Professor Tamarack, who as asked you to go on this expedition, will give your group 3 Pokémon that he has found in remote places of Evoran.

As you journey the region, you start to find clues and artifacts that indicate... there may be a completely different dimension similiar to ours. When a clan of sketchy men dig deeper into this legend, you end up getting involved in some pretty serious stuff! Could this alter dimension hold the possibility of absolute power falling into the hands of just one person? And what happens if this persons intentions are not safe? You will have to do all you can to try and make sure he doesn't get his hands on it, otherwise... The world as you know it could cease to exist.

Screenshots:
17.png

3. Super Pokémon Eevee Edition
by DarkDoom3000

Excerpt from the storyline:
Years ago The Creator created a world... A world filled with wonderful creatures.
The Creator created Hypervisors to oversee the world for him. Five sub Hypervisors, with one Master Hypervisor overseeing the world.
They are the forces that govern the world of Pokemon.
With the world being managed by the Hypervisors, The Creator, created a "4th Wall". A wall that contains the game. A wall that was built so no extra code can go in the game.... or leak out.

The creator than left the game(him being the only thing that can open and close the 4th wall) He let the Hypervisors go oversee the world.

Screenshots:
spee.png

Well, now, just post which game you'd like to see and whichever game gets the most votes shall have their thread stickied.

(Also no poll so people can post why they chose their game.)

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Jan 27, 2013
My vote is for Super Pokemon Eevee Edition, the other 2 have stunning graphics but this one brings back really old memories. <3

Guardian Eevee X

Legendary Figure
Years
Super Pokemon Eevee Edition. Why? Well, the story is amazing, the plot is awesome, I love reforming things and finding better things along the way. I can change out Team A and Team B when I want to. Eevee at the start is a big plus for me.

wingman11

Solo Runner
Years
My vote is cast for Super Pokemon Eevee Edition. The others have impressive graphics, yes, but SPEE has the most engaging storyline I've seen in a long time. Mixed with the classic Final Fantasy ATB battle type and the Super Eevee (reminiscent of the Pokemon Adventures manga!), it really stands out in my mind.

destinedjagold

You can contact me in PC's discord server...
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Dec 23, 2023
SPEE 'cause it's very nice and the story is so originally made! xD
It's the story that really got me hooked.
And then the battle style, and the music, and the rest.

So, yeah...
I vote for Super Pokémon Eevee Edition~~~

monkeyboi

Pokemon hack/game player
Years
  • Seen Dec 19, 2013
Super Pokémon Eevee Edition

Because it combines turn based battle, and who doesn't love having an eevee you can make whatever you want, pretty much whenever you want?

Years
SPEE captured my attention due to the specific styling, I remember playin the GSC games and this brings back memories. While the game is indeed different, characters original to the games and the creators original characters are showcased and are important if not somewhat important to the story line.
SPEE shows how good a pokemon game can be even while having a different way of playing, originality is a blessing, and straying far from the original "collect badges, beat evil organization, beat elite, and become champ" is refreshing. All the while, character development is almost always constant, the characters actually showcase emotions and not the "grrr you beat me, now I'm mad and will get revenge!" emotions, actual emotions like: sorrow, sacastic, happy, scared, angry, and agony.

All in all, I'd say SPEE is one of the best fan-made games out there in terms of story line, originality, and replayability. So my vote goes to SPEE.

Cilerba

the hearts of lonely people
Years
So the voting is over, and congratulations to DarkDoom3000 for winning this month's Spotlight of the Month!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back