• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokémon Mystery Dungeon - Danger above

pokeman10000

Leftie
Years
  • sorry again :P *smacks head*, i have really got to read these things better, as for the RP, my character is out cold and i can't Godmod *smacks head again* so i am helpless as it stands.

Last edited:

EGKangaroo

Tail-bumps for all 'roolovers!
    Years
  • ((You accursed time zones!))

Joey couldn't do much but watch as Despair appeared again with a hostage this time. "Bugger, new plan, new plan..." he panicked. He tried his best to think of a new approach to this, now that the situation took a turn for the worse. The Snivy had tried to attack Despair, but he seemed almost entirely unaffected by it. The Snivy was now out cold. The Farfetch'd was getting frustrated by this display, but he couldn't take any action without jeopardising the life of Despair's hostage. Melrose's idea didn't seem to work either. Despair flew out of reach. No matter how fast Farfetch'd would fly up, he wouldn't make it to Despair in time. "There's got to be some way..." he whispered to himself.

Years
  • Melrose stood on the ground with a frightened look in her eyes. The life of her best friend was at stake and if she'd try to help her out, Despair would murder her. She looked at Joey, who desperately tried to think of a plan, and gazed back to the ground. She drooped her long ears and groaned. "Fine," she said, "take my life but I'm begging you to leave Caitlin out of that prison." She had no choice but to give up if she'd want to rescue the Bayleef. She then saw her last chance: now that Despair saw that she admitted defeat, he was indeed happy, just as Leftie had predicted. She drew a swift pattern and exclaimed a spell. Against all expectations, Despair countered the spell back to Melrose and captured her.

pokeman10000

Leftie
    Years
  • "Ugh" Leftie groaned, he could barely move. His body felt like lead, and his head was still exploding and/or being hit by a brick. He slowly lifted his head and saw the Farfetch'd attempting to catch Despair, but to no avail. He did, however, notice that they were all distracted so he dragged his beaten body over to his sword, wedged in a wall. He pulled it out with great effort and turned around to see Melrose casting a spell. Momentarily, his hopes soared, but they plummeted when, to everyone's dismay, she was sealed inside a ball. He now had a difficult choice, he could attempt to attack Despair but now realizing that his earlier attack was an illusion, he dismissed the idea. In an act of desperation he threw his sword as hard ah he could at Melrose, and his shield at the Bayleef. He collapsed, clearly not having enough energy, as he looked up the final time before he blacked out, it may have been an illusion, but he was sure that he saw the tiniest of cracks in the sphere with the Bayleef in. Then, just as before, he blacked out and sank into an endless pit of darkness.

Years
  • The instant Caitlin's prison was hit, she woke up. She managed to get up on her feet and with one of her vines, she hit the crack as hard as she could. She broke out and pounced at Despair, who easily dodged the attack. Melrose, in the meantime, found herself immobilized. Despair seemed to have full control over her body. She started breathing heavily and became dizzy due to a lack of oxigen. She then lost consciousness, while the battle between the rest and Caitlin versus Despair raged on. Despair had the upper hand, but now that Caitlin was there to help, it was getting a little easier for the good side of the battle. Despair saw what the situation was and shrouded the entire area in fog.

EGKangaroo

Years
  • "Arceusdamnit! This is bad!" Joey exclaimed. How nifty Despair was to rebound the spell Melrose casted. She was now caught inside her own sphere. It was really hitting him just how screwed everyone was now. All plans that were made earlier were now sunk. Leftie was barely able to hold his consciousness and Melrose was stuck. It would have to come down to him, Ranger and Lu-lu. It was all or nothing then. Leftie managed to get enough strength to break the sphere where the Bayleef was in. Now that she was just a bit safer, Joey took the opportunity and flew up as fast as he could to land a fury cutter on the spectre. It was one of the only moves he knew would have any effect on this ghost pokémon at all. But then...fog. He couldn't see a thing before himself as he flew straight into it. Without the ability to locate Despair, there wasn't a chance he could hit him.

pokeman10000

Leftie
    Years
  • Leftie awoke to find himself in a gargantuan sea of fog. 'so this is what death feels like' he thought to himself. Then he heard the Farfetch'd flying and realized that he was still alive, his head was clear of all thoughts, he focused only on the battle, and then he saw the Farfetch'd being swatted out of the air and hitting the ground with such force he created a crater. "Arceusdammit" he cursed. Dragging his beaten, bloody and battered body to jogging speed, he headed towards the sound of battle he got there just in time to see the Farfetch'd heading in at great speed, he called out "STOP" with such forcefulness that his throat hurt, he stared up, hoping his cry was heard.

Years
    • Seen Aug 8, 2013
    (Yikes, sleep is a thing that I can't afford to do if I'm going to keep up.)

Lu-Lu sees Joey enter a cloud of fog that appeared above everyone's head, and she knew this was bad news. She could sense that it was created by Despair to try and separate the fighters. She would transmit her thoughts directly to Joey, but with Despair present it was a big risk to open her mind in such a way.

She focuses her energy into her hand and creates a psycho-cut attack. She then lunges upwards and sends this slash of psychic energy into the sky. The attack cuts through some of the fog, and Joey is now visible.
    "Ranger," Lu-Lu turned to him. "We must join Joey before Despair singles him out. If we're not working as a unit we will surely fail. May I get on your back as we join the Farfetch'd? I'll be able to keep Despair off of you."

Last edited:

EGKangaroo

Years
  • ((Wait, I landed and created a crater, then I am about to fly right into you, but then, and...but...what...what is...I didn't even mention crashing...what? Ah, screw it...I don't get it anymore.))

Joey was trying his best to see through the dense mist. A figure in front of him appeared, as a mere sillhouette. Suddenly, he felt a type of windgush that seemed unnatural, and part of the mist cleared. He noticed where he was heading now, and quickly diverted his path upwards to avoid getting into a head-on collision with the Treecko. The mist had not revealed Despair though, which was the most frustrating part of this search. It was like trying to find a needle in a haystack. He shot up through the air and scanned the vicinity from above the mist, hoping to catch as little as a glimmer of Despair below him. Maybe the red glow from his eyes, anything that he could use as a navigation point

zapdos926

I'm secretly a typhlosion, shh
    Years
  • (You guys post so much while I'm asleep...)

"You're insane," Ranger muttered as the Snivy told him to attack the little grass snake. Right before he let the full power of a dragon breath unleash, Despair arrived, which was probably pretty lucky for the Snivy. There was a ton of commotion and it all happened too fast for Ranger to follow. The Medicham's voice shook him out of trying to organize his thoughts.
    "Definately. Once you get on, hold on as tight as you can, because I'll bemoving fast," Ranger replied. Before h got down low, he launched a dragon breath high into the fog to see if it would help disperse at all; nothing happened. The Flygon crouched low and waited for the medicham to get on his back.

Years
    • Seen Aug 8, 2013
    Lu-Lu leaps onto Ranger's back and tightly grips his back with one hand. On the other hand she prepares another psycho-cut. "Let us be off, dragon."

zapdos926

Years
  • "And they're off," Ranger said as he took off with incredible speed, leaving a small cloud of dust where he had been standing. He flew quickly enough through the fog that it dissipated for a few minutes. He slowed as he came up and circled around a few times and noticed the farfetche'd up above the fog as well. He pulled up next to the bird pokemon and hovered there for a moment.
    "Have you seen anything?"

EGKangaroo

Years
  • "Not yet. Try to look for the red glow of his eyes." Joey said to Ranger, who was now right next to him. He looked down carefully over the land below him, but it remained shrouded in the thick white mist, that seemed like an impenetrable cloud from above. It all came down to this game of hide and seek now. He then realised something ingenious. The Flygon was large, and could fly at top speeds. He noticed the fog momentarily dissipiating as Ranger took off. Now he knew exactly what could help them all find Despair again. "Ranger, what you just did. Try to fly through the fog as fast as you can. You'll blow it away, and he'll be in plain sight once more!" the Farfetch'd explained quickly.

Years
    • Seen Aug 8, 2013
    "Wait just one moment.." Lulu stopped holding on to Ranger's back for a moment and projected her mind into the fog. "No, it is of no use. I would have normally been able to see his aura, but this fog must have some properties that block my mental probing."

Lu-Lu launches the psycho-cut she had prepared earlier into the fog to cut through some of it before holding on to Ranger's back with both hands. "I am ready."

zapdos926

Years
  • "Don't let go, whatever you do. You'll break your neck at the best," Ranger warned before diving into the fog, using extreme speed. He flew as fast as he could through the fog, creating large gashes in the low hanging cloud. Each time did a pass, the fog took longer to regenerate and after a few repetitive minutes, the fog was almos completely gone and Despair was in sight again.
    "Cover your eyes. Things are about to get bright," Ranger cautioned again. The orange flygon let loose a flame thrower this time, since it was more powerful overall. The air superheated three times as fast as when he had previously attacked with dragon breath. Heat waves covered the area and small patches of grass in the ground combusted for a moment before crumbling to dust. He followed Despair with the jet of fire asthe ghost tried moving out of the way, exposing Despair even further
    "Medicham, now! Psycho cut!"

Years
    • Seen Aug 8, 2013
    "Medicham, now! Psycho cut!" Lu-Lu was more then happy to oblige.

Lu-Lu leap frogs into the air from Ranger's back, preparing a psycho cut in each hand. She swipes both of her hands sending in 2 shock waves of psychic energy at Despair. One shot moves vertically, whilst the other moves horizontally. She then angles into a dive and manages to grab Ranger's tail as he passes from underneath her. She begins climbing back up onto Ranger's back, being careful not to fall off.

zapdos926

Years
  • The hand on Rangers tail startled him quite a bit. He looked beneath him to see the Medicham hanging onto his tail and trying to climb up. He flicked his tail upwards, flinging her onto his back.
    "Good job holding on. I hope you're not scared of electricity," Ranger muttered and started to generate a ball of lightning in his mouth. He let it grow to an abnormally large size and then let it loose.
    "Thunder!" he cried out as the long fingers of electricity arced and cracked towards Despair. He rushed towards te ghost and barreled into him.
    "Already back for seconds? I thought I told you not to come back. You're not very good at following rules, so get ready to feel the burn," Ranger taunted and attacked with flamethrower again. Granted, it was weaker for his and the Medicham's safety, but it was strong enough to pummel a rock type into submission.
    "Go to hell. Again."

Years
  • Despair was hit hard with the Psycho Cut but recovered soon. He stood calm as the pokémon attacked him, he wasn't afraid in the slightest and he knew that although they could hit him, they couldn't inflict damage. Caitlin couldn't take the immense heat and collapsed. "I'm a Grass Type, for Arceus's sake!" she yelled. Despair laughed a little and closed his eyes, now completely becoming invisible to the others. He then opened his frightening red eyes and pounced at Lu-Lu and Ranger. Melrose was out of the way, now for the others.

Years
    • Seen Aug 8, 2013
    (Do fighting type moves affect despair? I won't use one now, but I'd like to know for future.)

Lu-Lu keeps a close eye on Despair, but he vanishes from view. "Prepare yourself," She said to the Flygon. She closes her eyes in complete focus, readying herself for an attack. She senses Despair a mere moment before he would strike and throws an ice punch in his direction. However, Despair's strength is immense. Lu-Lu takes full advantage of her ability pure power, but it isn't quite enough. Her ice infused fist begins to waver as she tries to push Despair away from them. After a few moments Lu-Lu's strength fails and she is struck in the jaw, knocking her off of Ranger's back.

zapdos926

Years
  • "I don't think so," Ranger dodged Despair's lunge on himself and caught the falling Medicham in his arms. He cane to a quick stop and set her on the ground.
    "Only your psycho cut can hurt him, keep it up," he ran and took off, already moving quickly. He attacked with dragon breath again, hitting Despair square in the head, but it didn't do as much as it seemed to when he had first done it. He rambled through his mind, trying to remember if he knew any moves that could hurt the ghost; only dark pulse, and that was sketchy.
    "Dark pulse!" he charged towards despair, his body filling with dark energy: hate, fear, envy. He released it all at once when he was right next to Despair. The blast wave of dark aura washed over the ghost and Ranger flew up to see what the outcome would be.

Back