• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokémon Mystery Dungeon - Danger above

Years
  • Melrose turned her head at Joey with one fell move. "What on earth are you doing here?!" she hissed between clenched teeth. Despair began laughing. "Of course I remember you and that cute stunned little face of yours! My disguise scared the heck outta you, right?" he smirked. His true form rose up high and aimed for Joey. Melrose saw what he was up to right away and pounced at him, only to be knocked flying by an incredibly fast counterattack. She hit the roof of the Kecleon Shop and seemed to be defeated, but she stood up again, seconds after the harsh fall. Despair laughed in amusement. "You all shouldn't mess with me and surrender. Maybe, I'll leave this peaceful town in one piece, then. I could also tear it apart. It's up to you, Joey and Melrose."
    Melrose gasped. "How do you know our names?!" she yelled once steady on her feet again. Despair turned back to her. "I know you all too well. I've lived here for an amazingly long time. In the form of an 'innocent' pokémon named Bellsprout," he explained to them. Melrose's eyes went wide. "Bellsprout?!"

EGKangaroo

Tail-bumps for all 'roolovers!
    Years
  • "Surrender? When I am here to get my revenge on what you did to me?" Joey wasn't sure whether he was being serious now. Surely, he was trying to play tricks on his mind. It was just talk trying to intimidate him, for sure, but he wasn't going to let him get his way. The spectre continued his scare tactics, and apparently knew their names. Both he and the Eevee were taken aback by this, but the spectre soon explained himself after the questioning by the Eevee, whose name was apparently Melrose. "By Arceus, you're clever aren't ya, lad? Now what's the point of terrorising innocent pokémon?" he asked. The grip on his leek tightened, if he could strike him a few times with it using fury cutter, this spectre probably wouldn't be talking big like he was doing right now. The first time, he could not at all have expected the spectre to send out a Houndoom at him. The deceptive spectre caught him by surprise, but with that element out of the question, and with 2 against 1, the tables would be turned if this were to end in battle.

Years
  • Melrose looked at Joey with a dead-serious look on her face. "I guess you're Joey? I am begging you to run for your life. Leave this to the professionals, and run. This guy is no laughing matter," she said slowly. Despair looked at Melrose and gave a little smirk. This'd silence her. "Yeah, sure, leave it to the secret agent," he grinned. Melrose gasped and stepped back in shock. "What?!" "Melrose, I know about your secret. And now I got you exposed in front of quite a crowd," Despair bursted into laughter, and Melrose glanced around with widened eyes and a shocked expression. Despair was right: many pokémon had gathered. Melrose's heart started beating like mad. "You're talking utter nonsense," she said with a fierce look in her eyes, glaring back at Despair. "Nonsense?" Despair laughed. "Fine, let's show it, don't you think?" He attacked without warning, causing Melrose to leap up and evade. She growled in anger and tried to fight back, but Despair was too strong for her.

EGKangaroo

Years
  • Joey frowned. He wasn't going to run away from this fight, that Melrose told him to flee was absolutely preposterous. As though he was going to let this chance get away from him. The spectre wasn't yet done playing his trickery. Next he revealed something which neither he nor Melrose could expect. "Secret agent?" the Farfetch'd pondered now. Melrose seemed shocked that the spectre just revealed her identity in front of her and the other pokémon who had been attracted by the commotion. It certainly did explain a lot, why she had to go away very fast during their first encounter. Melrose tried to recuperate, trying to say that what Despair said was utter nonsense, but her cover was clearly blown it seemed. The spectre began to attack Melrose now, and the two got into a bitter battle. She was clearly outmatched by Despair. Joey knew he had to help her. If she alone could not beat him, then the two of them surely could. As long as Despair was focusing most of his attention on the Eevee, he'd likely have a good shot at him. He leaped forward as fast as he could and struck as furiously as he could with his leek as a weapon.

Years
  • Melrose waited and prepared herself for the death-blow, but it never came. Despair was tackled aside by Joey and slammed back for a second. It was no big deal to him. For some reason, he was a skilled combatant. Melrose could see what the situation was and got up on her back feet again. She whispered a spell and made her hands follow a particular pattern. Two sudden flames shot out of her large and furry front paws. Although Melrose was attacking Despair from behind and he shouldn't have been able to see her, he dodged the attack without any trouble at all. He turned around and faced Melrose. "Trying to knock me out, huh?" he growled. Melrose growled. "You're going to pay for what you did. And I will ask you one more thing: where is Caitlin?" She was steaming with anger right now. "The Bayleef?" Despair looked up. "Let's say that she's still alive." He gave a little smirk, and this enraged Melrose completely. She struck without hesitation in her body, and Despair took the advantage of that. Melrose was down on the ground the next moment. She groaned and her eyelids closed in pain.

zapdos926

I'm secretly a typhlosion, shh
    Years
  • Ranger flew close to the ground, moving so fast that a dust trail formed in his wake, curling up in waves. He loved flying fast. It was one of the truly exerting tasks he loved. It made him feel entirely free, especially when he was flying alone. He spotted a river as he weaved in and out of trees and slowed, turning in a wide arc towards it. He heard a rustling in the trees around him, but no other sounds. It was like he was being hunted. The story of Catherine the Pichu had made him kind of paranoid, and that rustling didn't help. He slowed to a glide as he approached the river, eyes darting around nervously.
    Out of nowhere, he heard a growl and the rumored Houndoom was in front of him. He pulled up just enough to dodge the Houndoom as it lunged, but the canopy of the forest was much too thick to fly through. He turned and attacked the Houndoom, but it wasn't there anymore. Ranger heard the growl behind him now, and felt a new weight on his back as it jumped him. He waited for the sharp teeth to dig into his long neck, but just felt it fall on top of him. He shrugged the pokemon off of his back and watched the remnants of a ghostly apparition disappear into the trees. Ranger examined the collapsed Houndoom and nudged it. The fire type didn't move. The flygon hoisted the Houndoom onto his back and headed back towards Pokemon Square. When he got there, he set the dark type in the middle of the road. People stepped back.
    "You captured him?" Catherine approached and asked.
    "No, he attacked me. I'm surprised no one else just grabbed him; he's knocked out afterall." Ranger said and took a deep breath. It had been a struggle flying as fast as he was while keeping the Houndoom on his back.

Years
  • Despair, who stood behind Melrose, laughed at Ranger, who came in, carrying one of his creations. "I have set up several decoys to trick you," he explained. Melrose turned to him. "Why'd you do that?!" she yelled. Despair snickered at her and shut his ghostly eyes. "So that I could distract you and kill all the citizens in one fell strike!" He bursted into smirks and laughter. Melrose's eyes widened and her expression turned serious. "I want everybody to get out of here!" she yelled at Joey. "Evactuate the citizens or something, make yourself useful!"
    Despair pounced at her, slamming her aside and knocking her out.

EGKangaroo

Years
  • Joey could honestly not understand the intentions of despair. What made him so spiteful of all these citizens that he wanted them dead? There was no time to ponder these things over. Melrose was right, the civilians had to be evacuated before something bad would happen. He tried to do his best to look imposing, but his reputation as the hermit of this town certainly wouldn't help him get these pokémon to listen to him. He could hear the battle between Melrose and Despair growing. "Listen, everybody! Get out of here now!" he tried to shout at the bystanders, "This is too dangerous! The town needs to be evacuated!"

He turned around and noticed that Melrose was knocked to the ground. He had to hold him back so the others could make their escape. "Bloody hell, you!" He had to hold him back now, but the other citizens had to get to safety. "You, the Flygon, you've got to lead these people out of here!" He charged in for another fury cutter on Despair, this one more powerful than the last one. Melrose was knocked out, and he had to get her safely out of there too.

Years
  • Just when Despair was about to kill Melrose, the Fury Cutter struck on him. He wasn't badly hurt but he did have a nasty scratch. Without any trouble, he healed himself. Melrose opened one of her eyes and saw Despair flinch for his healing spell. She moved her hand up and whispered a spell with her last powers. A powerfull thunderbolt shot out of her paw. The attack went right through Despair. Physical attacks weren't able to hit him at all. "I understand why your codename is Agent Thunder, Melrose," he said. A fearsome scream escaped the mouth of a Persian. "YOU'RE Agent Thunder?!"

zapdos926

Years
  • "Like hell I'm leaving you to fight here alone," Ranger grimaced. He stood as high as he could and let out a dragon breath so powerful it super-heated the surrounding air and created a loud roar like thunder. It plowed right into Despair, who Ranger had no idea who he was. The flygon followed up with Extreme Speed, becoming little more than an orange blur. He tackled Despair to the ground.
    "Get the hell out of this town. Don't bother us again," Ranger bared his sharp, draconic teeth, giving Despair the darkest, cruelest look could muster.

EGKangaroo

Years
  • "You know, it's all fine and dandy hearing all these revelations, one after another, but I seriously have no bloody clue what's so special about somebody named agent thun- Sweet Arceus!" Joey had to jump out of the way to not fall victim to collateral damage from the Flygon's attacks on despair. The Dragon pokémon really made a very firm statement with such a powerful attack, more than either he or the Eevee could ever hope of doing. He could feel the air around him heat up, almost like he was in an oven. He looked up and noticed the Flygon. He wasn't sure whether cheering for him at this moment would amount to not taking the situation seriously enough at all, but Arceusdamnit he would have if the entire village wasn't in life danger.

Years
    • Seen Aug 8, 2013
    Name: Lu-Lu Merris Carten

Species: Medicham

Appearance: An ordinary Medicham, however she often dons her golden bracelets as a token of her past life.

Personality: She is a very calm, composed and observant person who doesn't reveal her emotions. She has dedicated her life to the power of meditation, and she works night and day to increase the power of her body and mind. However, the emotionless composure is just an outer shell, and she can be quite an emotional person if one of her friends should be upset or endangered.

History: She was born in a cliff-side community of meditating psychic types who focused all of their energy in the ability to focus their mind in self-defense. The students were trained not to allow emotion to affect their train of thought, and the community as a whole was a place with very little happiness, sadness or any other emotion.

However, one day a group of Dark and Ghost types had assailed the village. Lu-Lu and other psychic types were able to fight them off. However, in the process Lu-Lu's anger got the best of her and caused her to evolve as the battle went on. The community was victorious, but Lu-Lu felt ashamed of her outburst and left, moving in to a village in an attempt to further train herself to control her emotions.

Lately in her meditations she could sense the presence of an evil spirit keeping surveillance over the community. She over hears a Pichu exclaim that she has been attacked by a Houndoom, and Lu-Lu chooses to believe her considering the possibility of the two events being related. She offers her assistance in getting to the bottom of it.

Last edited:
    Years
  • Despair was left no other choice than to give up and retreat for the moment. "If you want to play it that way... I give you three days. Then I'll strike. Prepare yourself well and we'll meet again. Let me tell you one more thing: the reason I'm here is Melrose. She got you all into this," he said. He raised his ghostly hand and vanished out of the blue. Melrose managed to get up on het feet again. She was badly injured and felt terrible at the moment. "I-I'm... Lucario will fire me for this..." she groaned, admitting her defeat. She gave a growl and glared at Joey. "Well, now you know what the matter was with me. Happy?!" she yelled all of a sudden. Her long ears drooped and a very blue feeling came over her. She looked down to the ground and felt a lone tear slide down het cheek. The last time she actually cried was at Chii's death. Melrose turned away from Joey and Ranger and walked away, trying to avoid the crowd. She was actually glad that Joey didn't know Agent Thunder, since that name was pretty famous around these parts. But despite knowing this, she knew that she was screwed either way, judging by the reactions of the crowd.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Aug 8, 2013
    Lu-Lu sat down and crossed her legs for her daily routine. She meditated everyday, and she wasn't going to stop just because of a rumor of a ghostly Houndoom causing havoc. The dull roar of the community soon slipped out of Lu-Lu's conscience mind as she focused her thoughts. Her eyes gently closed as a profound calmness enveloped her person. Some pokemon have asked her why she would deafen and blind herself and possibly leave herself more open to attack, but she believed quite the contrary. In this state her mind's sight rivaled the most sensitive of senses. As she hit this state of focus and calm, she began levitating several inches from the ground. This was a sign that she reached true focus, though she was often to focused to even realize she was floating.

She soon spread out her mind in gentle mental tendrils. They searched every nook and cranny of the block with deliberate slowness, as Lu-Lu enjoyed gathering ever detail. Her mind gently pressed by the consciences of a large variety of pokemon, most of whom she recognized from her years of meditating every single afternoon. Each one of their minds glowed a somewhat unique colour, and she felt like she understood everyone's personalities to a degree. She respected a pokemon's sense of privacy in their thoughts, but their emotions shone through like a flood light. She sensed a few emotions of the residents nearby; one particular Farfetch'd felt quite embarassed at something, whilst an Evee seemed to be in a panic for.. something. She left them to their own devices, not wanting to intrude on their privacy.

Occasionally, her mind would pass by a physic types mind and they would sense her presence. She knew these folk the most; it wasn't uncommon for them to share a thought or two before their minds wandered away. She knew a lot of these psychic types on a very personal level sense they melded minds often. The neighbour, a wise and aged Alakazam, was a pokemon she was especially familiar with. She and the Alakazam's minds touched, and they exchanged pleasantries through their minds before Alakazam projected his thoughts to her.
    "I sense something distressing is happening in town square."

Lu-Lu thanked her friend before focusing her attention to the area he mentioned.
    "Time passes quickly when I am in focus", she thought as she witness several minds locked in combat. The odd thing about the situation was that none of the minds appeared to be fighting each other. The same Farfetch'd and Evee from before as well as a Flygon appeared to be fighting a foe that she could not detect with her mental waves.
    "Definitely a dark type." She thought, in the knowledge that dark types could hide from her all seeing vision.

She had trouble locating the mind of a dark type, and when she did locate their mind it was a struggle to detain even the most basic thought from them. Before she could investigate further, a ghostly howl sounds in the air. Normally she can ignore loud sounds, but this was enough to shatter her meditative state. She dropped from the air and landed softly on her feet. Without hesitation, she exited her home and ran as quickly as she could over to the scene, intent on finding the cause of this violence.

(Sorry about the long long paragraph here. I was a bit inspired to do this. I'll try not to post so lengthy in the future. So 'TLDR', she sensed trouble and went to the square after the Houndoom let out his howl)

Last edited:

zapdos926

Years
  • Ranger flew after the black Eevee. He didn't like seeing other pokemon sad, especially girls.
    "Hey. I don't know who agent thunder or lightning or whatever is. Hell, I don't know you, but you fought strong. I'm sure that's not because of some kind of secret agent thing," he bent over and nudged her.
    "Besides, you sound younger than me. A bit young for a secret agent, don't you think?" he noticed the eevee's injuries. "Come on, let's get you to a doctor or something, 'kay?"

Years
  • Melrose's expression turned furious. "Too young for a secret agent, you say?! That's preposterous, I've been one since childhood!" she yelled in his face. Her Eevee instinct told her to whip her tail in anger, but she couldn't anymore, since she didn't have a tail anymore. She growled loudly and bared her teeth. "You have no clue who you have in front of you, right?! A doctor, seriously?! I can heal myself without trouble!" She blurted this all out with an amazing speed in her voice. She was extremely offended by the words Ranger said and had trouble maintaining the remaining tranquility in her body. "And it's very nice you think I'm tough, but that's all because of my training! I've trained for years! I can't believe that all that hard work I delivered is now wiped away like dirt off a window! Despair completely blew my cover and I'm now officially done for!" she screamed at Ranger. Melrose was now completely furious and gave a growl. "If you hadn't rescued me a few minutes ago, I would've hit you in the face by now, and really hard!"

EGKangaroo

Years
  • Joey looked sheepishly at the Eevee as she walked away angrily. The Flygon, who had managed to finally get rid of that Despair Harper tried to go after her, but he was met with an angry lashing out of the Eevee, who was obviously frustrated that her cover had been blown. He wasn't sure whether interfering in this was any of his business at all. Wait, what was he thinking? That damn spectre attacked him too, he had just as much to do with this case as anyone else. He stepped in between the two. "Listen, Melrose. There's no time to be making enemies. Whether your cover is blown or not, you need to get healed up, and we need to stop Despair Harper," the Farfetch'd said. "Three days, he said. Three days and he'll strike. That fact isn't going to change no matter whether your identity is revealed, whether you've trained for years, or whether you can help yourself in treating those wounds. This is what's gonna happen, and this is what we have to prevent, by whichever means possible," the Farfetch'd hoped that this would at least bring the Eevee back in touch with reality.

Years
  • Melrose turned to Joey and looked at him. Her eyes looked calmer, her shoulders weren't raised anymore and she seemed a little bit more relaxed. "Y-You're right," she whispered. She gave a little groan and looked at one of her wounds, the one on her left leg. It looked very severe and Melrose thought about the healing spell she knew, but she doubted its effect. She doubted if it could help. "I-Is there anything I can help with?" she asked him with a little voice. She stared directly at the ground and carefully put the sword away. "Give me a minute, I'll be right back." After these words, she casted the Fly Spell and two large angel wings instantly grew out of her back. With a few quick beats of her wings, she took to the air and flew into her treehouse. She placed the sword on the leaf-sofa and leapt down her window again. She landed with agility and made the wings vanish into her back. "Ugh, sorry for that sudden outburst of emotions," she apologized.

pokeman10000

Leftie
    Years
  • Can I sign up too? (i'm not the best writer:s)
    Name : Jack 'Leftie' Jones (he's a leftie)
    Species : Snivy
    Appearance: Has 1 Green eye and 1 red, apart from that looks like a normal Snivy body-wise. He carries a sword that rests across his back and is used for his most powerful move, he carries a shield to help with his naturally low defense. he wears a green cap on his head (like Link).
    Personality: he is somewhat secluded(is that how you spell it?) but will speak when required, he is very passionate and powerful, though he rarely uses his full strength (the force of his blade at full power is insane,rivaling that of the strongest pokemon).
    History: has amnesia, does not remember anything before seeing the 'mad' Pichu, this unfortunate trait, however, lent him the ability to glimpse into the near future in battle, giving him a powerful advantage and allowing him to protect his team. He takes medication to help with the pain in his temples.

Last edited:
    Back