• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokémon Mystery Dungeon - Danger above

Years
    "Gladly," Melrose smiled. "This sphere I just created is actually a captor made out of magic. It should capture Despair and lock him in, making him incapable of undertaking any action at all," she explained. She paced around a little and then made the sphere vanish. "It's of utter importance that we don't 'kill' Despair. He has kidnapped a friend of mine, probably to lure me out, and he is the only one who knows about her current whereabouts," she said in a low tone. She was scared as hell but didn't like the idea of showing that. If she was the one to come up with a strategy to defeat Despair, she had to look brave.

pokeman10000

Leftie
    Years
    "A friend of yours...hmm... This could come in handy, before I ask about your friend, I have an idea" he turned to the rest of them and explained his plan, it involved risks, the greatest was the Melrose would end up being the 'bait', he didn't like making anyone bait, he felt that he had had the sensation of pure terror before and would not wish a fate like that on anybody, however, in order to seal Dispair, it was of utmost importance that Melrose made it out that she had been abandoned and that the square was completely deserted. As he finished explaining the more gruesome details of the plan, he turned to Melrose and said "in order to protect you from being killed by Dispair, we must make sure that you are killed first". He had finished, and he waited for the objections to come in...

Years
    Melrose's eyes widened in shock. "Say, whose side are you on?!" she yelled. "It's a good idea, but seriously, I don't want to end up dead! What do you mean, actually?" With the last line she said, she rose her shoulders and bit her lip. She had the habit of acting before she thought, and this resulted in cussing this time. She didn't like the idea of being the bait. Especially now that she has had a few nasty confrontations with Despair already. The fur on her back rose again and she groaned while she pondered this over. Maybe is was a good plan. But it had to be thought out neatly, so that nothing could go wrong at all. If there would be just one lack in the project, they'd all die.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Aug 8, 2013
    (I lot has happened since I was last on. I haven't been able to log into my computer since then, so sorry for making Lu-Lu somewhat inactive.)

"Maybe he is right." Lu-Lu said to Melrose. "From what I have studied, Ghosts are single minded beings. When a being dies and it's life is not fulfilled to it's own expectations, they sometimes get sent back from whatever realm dead spirits come from to complete a personal objective. Whatever their goal is, they will never rest until it is attained. What else do spirits hope to achieve? Despair may spend the rest of eternity assuring that you reach a demise if that is indeed Despair's one last mission in his afterlife. It seems likely to me that he attacked the town in order to lure you out."

She looks at Melrose thoughtfully. "If we're going to get the information about your friend's whereabouts, we will need to be crafty. But whatever we do, it may become necessary to use you as a lure. We're all concerned about your safety, but in choosing to defend this town from his wrath we have all chosen our fate to become shields against the dark enigma of fallen spirits. However, I will do anything within my power to protect you and everyone else from harm. I will need to ponder this." She crosses her legs and begins lightly humming, rubbing the sides of her temple.

EGKangaroo

Tail-bumps for all 'roolovers!
    Years
    Joey simply couldn't follow this. "Wait, wait, wait. We're going to kill Melrose for this plan? I mean, with all due respect, it works and everything, but dying is generally an irreversible thing, is it not?" he asked, "Isn't there an alternative that does not involve martyrdom or something as insane as this?" The Farfetch'd was having a difficult time understanding how this idea was either sane, or a responsible thing to do. He tried to shake it out of his head. Really, they wouldn't have been so stupid to do something unless there was something up with it. "Unless there's more to this plan than you've told us so far?"

Years
    Melrose took on a thinking position and groaned. Did she have a choice? Being a secret agent meant making sacrifices. "Well... okay then. I agree. Use me as the bait. But if anything goes wrong, I don't hesitate to blame you. Don't get me wrong in that," she said with a determined tone. She looked away from a second and unclenched her fists. "Knowing Despair, he won't take the promised three days to prepare himself. He might've planned his attack tomorrow, but in any case, the other pokémon must be out of here as soon as he strikes. You, Leftie, you did well in evacuating the town but what do we do now? What's the plan?"

Last edited:

pokeman10000

Leftie
    Years
    "Your apprehension is understandable, but unwarranted" he replied" what I mean to say is that Despair must be under the illusion that you are no more and, it will only be during this small window where he is drunk with the happiness of defeating you will we stand a real chance at defeating him" he said. "and I know you don't want to be bait..." he said, so softly that it seemed to scare her " I know the feeling of pure, undiluted terror at it's peak, believe me. It is not a fate I would wish upon anyone..." (sorry, lost Internet so late post)

Years
    • Seen Aug 8, 2013
    Lu-Lu, still in her meditations, listened intently on what the Snivy was saying. "Ah, I see. Not a bad plan, but there is one issue. Despair appears to have the ability to warp at will. If we confront him, there would be little to nothing preventing him from simply warping away. If we're going to do a surprise attack, it needs to be quick, powerful and precise. Because if it isn't, then he'll disapear as soon as he becomes threatened." She continues meditating, keeping a vigilant eye over the area using her psychic powers.

pokeman10000

Leftie
    Years
    "now, was for my plan, it's simple really, quite basic. But timing is key, as for making Melrose 'die' there was a research laboratory here a few years ago, you might remember it, well one of the things it tested on was a drug called hypergloscunaphate, it stops a persons heart and makes their breathing almost imperceptible for about a minute. It's a little dangerous, but if she takes it a the right time then we will be alright, now, Melrose, you will stay out in the square, look defiant but show just a hint af fear, keep the drug in your mouth, when he comes look surprised and when he attacks you, swallow it. The rest of us will move in at this time. lu-Lu and I will attack the right, Ranger, you can teke the left. And Joey, don't worry, you have an important part in this plan too. When the time comes to seal despair, you will know when that is, use the sphere. Melrose will teach you how. For the next few hours we should train ourselves, this will definately not be easy! Oh, and Melrose, I'm sure given enough time Lu-Lu will break into his mind, he will be distracted by battle so that ought to make it a little easier. Now, any questions?"

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Aug 8, 2013
    She stops her meditation for a moment and gives Leftie a serious expression. "I will do what I must to subdue Despair. But we must be very careful. It is extremely difficult to break the mind of a dark type. If I fail in my attempt to break Despair's mind, my mind will be completely open to a counter attack. If I fail... my mind will be lost in the depth of that creature's hatred. If my mind doesn't find it's way back, my physical body will be possessed. It takes the most skillful of psychic types to break the mind of a skilled Dark type, as their mind is unpredictable and difficult to read." She continues her meditation, and she frowns from focus.

pokeman10000

Leftie
    Years
    "I did not know that, you are clearly a very skill full psychic type and I have no doubt whatsoever that you will succeed, but it seems in this situation the risks far outweigh the benefits. Maybe it is possible to find out another way..." he pondered this for a few moments " I've got it! Maybe, just maybe, if we can convince him during the battle that we will surrender, and if I time it right... I may just be able to see that far into the future to locate the whereabouts of your friend, this could even work in conjunction with your abilities" he said, tuning to Lu-Lu, "if you can keep an tack on the mental front while we attack the physical, he may be so overwhelmed that when we offer our surrender he will be forced to take it!" he turned back to the others now, " so, what do ya think?"

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Aug 8, 2013
    "Clairvoyence is a difficult ability to draw on command. Psychic types are more prone to it then most other types, but every type can draw from this strange ability under certain circumstances. We used to do extended research on it in my old village, and we've had trouble locating the exact variable that causes it to happen. However, we believe when looking for something using this ability, the people who are the most familiar to something will be the most likely to use this ability."
    Lu-Lu Looks towards Melrose. "You are close friends with this missing person, correct? If anyone will be able to glimpse at the location of this person, it would be you. However, there is a slight hitch. You have a personal contact link with this person, but we would also need Despair present as he would have a personal contact link with the area your friend is being held in. If you meld your mind with mine while despair is present, we'll have a reasonable chance of activating this clarivoyence. I'll be able to open your mind to more easily to it's power."

She glances over to the Flygon and the Farfetch'd. "I apologize if this explanation is hard to absorb. In lament's terms, if I use my mind with hers while Despair is present, we might be able to find the location of Melrose's friend. She might be a useful asset to defeating this dark beast."

pokeman10000

Leftie
    Years
    " I see, but we have to consider how we are going to go about defeating despair after this, my plan revolved around us appearing after Melrose had taken the drug, but now that we all need to be out in the open for this to happen, it makes things that much harder". He thought how this could possibly be bypassed but couldn't seem to find a way. He turned to Melrose and asked "may I ask, who IS this friend of yours, that piece of information will surely help to create a new plan to defeat Despair". Leftie hoped and prayed that this 'friend' was a dark type, it would make breaking into his mind irrelevant and would allow them to attack him with speed and ferocity.

zapdos926

I'm secretly a typhlosion, shh
    Years
    "The whole plan sounds ludicrous to me, but I'm more than willing to partake if it means keeping these people safe," the orange flygon said, arms crossed. "Right now, I wish I had a question that could prevent one of us from dieing, but I can't. The only way it seems someone will die is if we screw up. We can't let that happen." Ranger looked at Melrose, concerned. After her outburst, he didn't want to tell her she shouldn't take the medicine or whatever.
    "Despair isn't going to be much of a bother in three days, because by then, he'll be dead... Again," Ranger gave a defiant puff of smoke.

pokeman10000

Leftie
    Years
    Leftie looked at the Orange Flygon,
    "Yes, the only way one of us dies IS if we screw up, so I vote that we pull ourselves together and prepare. We should get supplies and start training." He looked at the Flygon more closely this time, "And... you" he said with surprising forcefulness, "Hit me with your strongest Dragon Breath, right here" he pointed at his torso "Right now". The Flygon looked at him as if he had gone completely nuts. "Trust me, there is a perfectly valid reason for all of this, I need to test your power". He closed his eyes and waited for the inevitable...

Last edited:
    Years
    Melrose groaned as she absorbed all this information. "Everbody, it's a good idea but I don't like the idea of surrender. Despair has the habit to kill his adversary as soon as this pokémon is helpless. Acting as if we're defeated is absolutely no option. He is not stupid in the slightest and the only way for us to beat him is indeed the option Leftie gave in the beginning: I must take the drug if we want this to work out."
    She felt a sudden disturbance in the atmosphere an glared up. Despair bolted their way. "Arceusdammit!" Melrose yelled as she leapt away. Despair gained ground and smirked. He had someone with him, locked up in a similiar sphere as Melrose was going to capture him in. Melrose gasped as she noticed is was her friend, Caitlin Rose, the Bayleef. "Caitlin!" Melrose shouted. The Bayleef was unconscious.

pokeman10000

Leftie
    Years
    "What the Crap!?!" Leftie yelled as he saw Melrose dodge what looked like a powerful attack. "Crap, C'mon guys, lets help" Leftie drew his sword and, without thinking, threw it with extreme precision, it pierced Despair's body and he let out a terrifying groan. Smirking, Leftie ran up to the beast and was about to unleash a leaf blade when he crumpled, his only sense was the ridiculous amount of pain in his forhead. He let out a bone-numbing howl and saw himself being ripped apart by Despair. Regaining his senses he saw Despair throw a lightning fast punch. And then... Everything. Went. Black.

Years
    (No godmodding, and you must know that Despair doesn't have a physical form)

Despair laughed loudly. "You fool," he smirked, "did you really think that you could beat me?" He looked at his victim and was just about to finish him off, but Melrose intervened with power. She used a spell to try and inflict damage to her enemy, but Despair quickly soared up so that she was unable to reach him. "Don't try anything funny, Agent Thunder, because I can kill Caitlin in one strike, now that she's helpless," he threatened. Melrose narrowed her eyes and gave a growl. "You're using Caitlin as a hostage?! That's low, even for you!" she yelled.

Back