• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Hello!

Fureon

Psychic
Years
  • Greetings to the fellow Pokéfans!
    Guess it's time for me to introduce myself properly.

I've been a Pokémon fan since 2000 - the year when the anime series was first shown in Russia. Back then I was 8 and I instantly fell in love with it. And even though after merely a year the series was taken off the air (in Russia), that year was more than enough for Pokémon to capture my heart. I started collecting all kinds of Pokémon stuff, watching the movies, playing the games and whatnot. And even with the series off the air and less and less Russian people remembering Pokémon, on the contrary, my interest went on throughout the years, and here I am today - I still love them pocket monsters.

So why was I never involved in the community? Well... actually I was, but not in this one. For some years, I was a member of the Russian Pokemon World Game forums. It was fun, we've had good discussions and even some memorable real-life meetings, but over the years, the forums became deserted. Since then I have never joined another Pokémon community, but now I think I should try to.

You might have noticed my account was made 5 years ago. The thing is... I've heard about the Pokécommunity Get-Together and I wanted to participate, but due to time zone differences and my faulty memory, I blew it, four times in a row. Four years and I missed all four get-togethers. Sigh. Well, even the DoubleSlap streak ends after five hits max, so I hope I won't miss a Get-Together again.

Well, all the other things you might want to know, I tried my best describing in my profile. I hope you will like me :D

Glad to be here, guys! Thank you!

Last edited:

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
    Years
  • Oh my goodness. You missed all of the Get-Togethers! I'm terribly sorry about that! I hope this year you can stick around and be active and maybe you'll finally make it till then! If timezones seemed to throw you off, don't be afraid to contact the staff or any of the members. We'd be happy to help you know what time it starts in Russia.

Welcome aboard, btw! It's impressive to see someone using an account that hasn't been used for years. I'd be glad to lend you a duster. (joking aside xD) It's great to see you here, though! PC is a big community, with lots of stuff to do. So you can never run out of stuff to do here. Depending on what you're interested in, we defo have a section just for that. :)

Of course, people will like you. We have over 300,000 members here, so many of them will match your interests! So, the odds of that is... a lot. xD

Anyways, don't hesitate to PM me if you want a friend to talk to, and contac Cirno or Cid if you need help with the forums, they are both fantastic moderators. <3 See ya around and have fun!

Fureon

Psychic
    Years
  • (I've fixed some things - mostly grammar errors - in the first message)

Thanks for the warm welcome, Leaf Storm!

Yeah, I'll definitely find something to do here, I still remember browsing the hacks section when I wasn't a member, and revisiting it now and then. And also, now that I have a DS and I started playing on the actual consoles a while ago (I had to use emulators before), I guess I'll try to find some people to play with :)

As for the Get-Togethers - I can calculate the time, that's not the problem. The problem with the time zones is that in order to participate, I would (will) have to get up really early, or stay up late, and I have failed do that back then. Other times I was simply forgetting. That's how I missed the last one, anyway. Got the notification email, but still forgot about the thing after a day. Then when I remembered, it was too late. But now if I stick around, that shouldn't happen :)

Years
  • Hey there, greetings right back at you! Nice to meet you, Fureon. :D

Wow; I honestly do not see many people from Russia on PC at all. I was actually born in Russia and lived there until I was 7 before moving to the US, so there are already things that are similar between us! Your story is really heartwarming and reminds me of my own when it came to the series as I had gotten just as addicted. Ended up buying toys, casettes (back when those were still around haha), cards, games, books, and so many other things. Pokemon's a great franchise that brings us all together and hearing these things really makes me glad to still be a fan!

I'm really sorry about your other forum though, that's super unfortunate. ): Things change and it can be pretty hard to experience said change, but there will always be another place for you out there! Who knows, maybe this is one of the other communities that you'll feel at home at, right? And as for the Get-Togethers, I'm sure you'll get to experience one soon enough, since they're thankfully not a one-time thing. Maybe we'll run into each other in the next GT. <3; I've always told myself I would participate in the forumwide events too.. but in the end I don't do as much for those events as I'd like. I've hosted a few but that's really it; participating seems so much more fun!

Soo yeah, that's pretty much all I have to say for now, so have a blast here! :DD

Fureon

Psychic
    Years
  • Nice to meet you, Fureon. :D

Wow; I honestly do not see many people from Russia on PC at all.
    Nice to meet you too! Yeah, I'm not surprised you don't - most Russian Pokéfans stick to Russian communities. Besides, not many of them are proficient enough in English language. Which is a shame, but... not much we can do about it.

I was actually born in Russia and lived there until I was 7 before moving to the US, so there are already things that are similar between us!
    Now that's surprising! May I ask, what year was it when you moved, and what State do you currenly reside in?

Your story is really heartwarming and reminds me of my own when it came to the series as I had gotten just as addicted. Ended up buying toys, casettes (back when those were still around haha), cards, games, books, and so many other things. Pokemon's a great franchise that brings us all together and hearing these things really makes me glad to still be a fan!
    Yeah, that's a great thing to remember. A warm memory of how it all started... Things like that are worth living for.
    Oh, and I bought a lot of stuff too, but most of what we've had here was counterfeit. No one cared if it's legit, though! Oh well, this is Russia... Although I guess kids in other countries wouldn't care too much either, not at their age and not with excitement about Pokemon that high.
    Well, at least we got something.
    Stickers, cards... oh, there were lots and lots of Pokemon cards - I still have a lot of them. But most popular were pogs. Boy, were those big. We even had them banned at schools. We had real Pkmn Tazos, fake Pkmn Tazos, Pkmn "Taso"s, and God knows how many more kinds of those. Actually, most of the pogs in Russia were Pokemon pogs.
    Hey, maybe I should show the stuff we had here in Russia to you? Would anyone be interested? I think that would make a good forum topic!
    Oh, and cassetes. Yeah, I never got any, but my friend did. We saw the first two Pokemon movies on VHS. Oh, the nostalgia...

I'm really sorry about your other forum though, that's super unfortunate. ): Things change and it can be pretty hard to experience said change, but there will always be another place for you out there! Who knows, maybe this is one of the other communities that you'll feel at home at, right?
    Yeah, life goes on. I definitely hope to find a new home here :)

And as for the Get-Togethers, I'm sure you'll get to experience one soon enough, since they're thankfully not a one-time thing. Maybe we'll run into each other in the next GT. <3; I've always told myself I would participate in the forumwide events too.. but in the end I don't do as much for those events as I'd like. I've hosted a few but that's really it; participating seems so much more fun!
    Looking forward to it! :3

Soo yeah, that's pretty much all I have to say for now, so have a blast here! :DD
    Thank you!

Back