• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Having issues with Trainer eye catch

JokerBen

Director of Pokémon Nobelium
Years
    • Seen Aug 29, 2023
    The issue is, trainers don't exactly "see" the player....
    I put in the standard eyecatch script:
    @>Script: pbTrainerIntro(:BUGCATCHER)
    and
    @>Script: Kernel.pbNoticePlayer(get_character(4))
    and the conditional branch script with the battle. Other info is the even is "Action Button" if it means anything. And when I stand in front of the trainer (through RMXP's Debug and regular shell) at 3 (I know I put 4) spaces away the trainer stares at me. But when I talk to it, the trainer starts walking into me.

Prof Oakley

JourneyofPossibilities Creator
    Years
  • You have to also put Trainer(x) in the 'name' area, with x being the number of steps ahead they can 'see' the player. Here's a full event for one of my trainers in my game. The second page is just the after battle text, with self switch A being on.
    Spoiler:

Nickalooose

--------------------
    Years
    • Seen Dec 28, 2023
    That 4 is supposed to say 0... The event is supposed to be named "trainer(x)" we're x Is the amount of spaces away from the event that the npc can "see"... I'm gonna say that the number in the brackets is the direction the npc is facing! But who knows and who cares, right!

Maruno

Lead Dev of Pokémon Essentials
    Years
    • Seen May 3, 2024
    Code:
    Kernel.pbNoticePlayer(get_character([COLOR=Red]4[/COLOR]))
    That number is the ID of the event you want to move (or 0 for "this event" or -1 for "the player"). Frankly, you should always use 0, because you'll only ever want to move "this event".

The event's name must be Trainer(3) for it to work, though. The number is the distance they can see in front of them. The event page must also be set to Event Touch.

thor348

That's Oak to You
    Years
  • Code:
    Kernel.pbNoticePlayer(get_character([COLOR=Red]4[/COLOR]))
    That number is the ID of the event you want to move (or 0 for "this event" or -1 for "the player"). Frankly, you should always use 0, because you'll only ever want to move "this event".

The event's name must be Trainer(3) for it to work, though. The number is the distance they can see in front of them. The event page must also be set to Event Touch.

Does it always need to be named Trainer(3)? I have it set to 1,2,4,5 and etc. It seems to work fine.

Maruno

Lead Dev of Pokémon Essentials
    Years
    • Seen May 3, 2024
    It can be any number you want. The point is that the event's name needs to be Trainer(X), where X is a positive number.

Back