• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Hopes for Gen 6

Years
    • Seen Dec 16, 2013
    I just wanted to make a list of Do's and Don'ts for GameFreak. A lot of these hopes are just small factors in the game, but in my opinion make it much, much more enjoyable. Please comment with your hopes for the next generation as well!

Do:
    Pokemon based on mythology.
    Preferably Greek mythology. This has been done in the based and the Pokemon are typically very interesting. Usually much more interesting than Pokemon based on animals..... Deerling, Lillipup, Pidgey, you get the point. Ninetales is based on an Asian mythological ghost creature and I can easily see Fennekin's fine evolution having a similar concept as Ninetales and being Fire/Psychic (and the other starters being Water/Fighting and Grass/Dark... this would create a similar rock/paper/scissors effect like the gen 4 starters second typings). My three highest hopes for this category are:
    Houndoom evolves into a Cerberus Pokemon. Three-headed Fire/Dark dog. 'Nuff said.
    Rapidash evolves into a Pegasus Pokemon. Fire/Flying. So many people want this. Just do it, please.
    Mightyena evolves into a Werewolf Pokemon. Dark or Dark/Fighting or Dark/Ground. Please don't ef this one up if you do it GameFreak.
    Honorable mention: Dunsparce evolution into the Normal/Dragon creature based on Chinese folklore. You've probably seen the fan art, it's amazing.

VS Seeker
    This is probably my favorite item in the games. It wasn't in gen5 but LUCKILY we got the LUCKY egg (see what I did there?). Still, the Lucky Egg was nice, but the VS Seeker would be better and the fans love it. Plus, it's great for EV training and grinding levels.

Habitat Pokedex Function
    This was in gen5 and I actually used the Pokedex ALL the time. I absolutely love this feature and I really hope GameFreak continues to implement it in gen6. I especially want this feature to continue into gen6 because this time around I'm trying EXTREMELY hard not to look at any Pokemon news for gen6. My goal is to play through XY not knowing the final evolutions of the starters or any of the new Pokemon aside from the 10-15 that have already been released. I want to be surprised by the Pokemon I encounter on new routes. In the past I usually follow all of the news and by the time the games come out, I have my in-game team already completely planned out and I know exactly where to catch them. This time around I want to catch and use new Pokemon that I know absolutely nothing about (particularly their stats) so that I am more likely to use Pokemon that I normally wouldn't use if I had researched them. With the Habitat feature in the Pokedex I will know if I have encountered all the Pokemon in that route/area and know if I need to continue searching for new Pokemon, because I won't know where any of them live or who they are in my first playthrough.

New, but Interesting, Evolution Methods
    I'm not talking about adding a Fairy Stone or some stupid sh*t like that. No more stones GameFreak. Please. I'm not talking about simple trading, either. What I really like is day/night evolution with hold items and evolutions that require certain Pokemon or circumstances. I really like the Shelmet evolution thing in gen5. It made sense and you can actually understand what happened in this evolution. It was cool. Also, I always thought the Sheninja evolution was cool, too. It incorporated a real life characteristic of insects shedding their exoskeletons, and made it a Pokemon. It wasn't a very good one, but it was still a cool concept. Also, I think it'd be cool if they changed the Slowpoke evolution to requiring a Shellder in your party and when Slowpoke evolves, the Shellder leaves your party. It's not going to happen, but these are examples of the kinds of evolution concepts I'd like to see in gen6.

Don't:
    Fennekin
    BETTER NOT BE FIRE/FIGHTING!!! I swear, if I'm playing and my Fennekin evolves into a Fire/Fighting fox, I will shut off my DS, take out the game, and burn it. I WILL do this. Why GameFreak made Emboar Fire/Fighting, I will never know. But seriously, wtf was that. A slap in the face, that's what. When Infernape was the second Fire/Fighting in a row, it wasn't a huge deal because it made sense. It's an ape. Whatever. It was cool. But HOW THE F**K did Tepig turn into a Fire/Fighting type. When gen5 was released, I thought "What a cute little fire pygmy pig.. thingy..." Then it evolved into the third in a row Fire/Fighting starter. It doesn't even make SENSE like Infernape. It's a boar, not a ninja, it can't fight. This frustrates me soooo much and I could rant all day on this but I'll just drop it here. Here's to hoping Fennekin evolves to Fire/Psychic. TEAM FENNEKIN. (Funny thing is that one of the starters will probably have Fighting as their second type.. I'm guessing the Water starter as stated above in the Do's section).

Ruin Dragons
    Dragons are supposed to be beasts. That's what they are. I understand the balance with Fairy typing over Dragons. But please don't destroy the dragon types. Don't provide a lot of choices for countering Dragons with Fairies. Dragons should remain slightly overpowered because that's what they are by definition. They are strong and beastly. If you try to tame the beast, sometimes the beast gets angry.

Dragon/Flying Pseudo-legend
    I know there are only four Dragon/Flying Pokemon and only two generations made them Pseudos (Dragonite and Salamence). But with the introduction of Noivern, I got a little sick. And the fact that Noiver was level 80 in the release video makes me really nervous that it may be a pseudo-legend that evolves at a very high level, just like Hydreigon. I really want to see new type combos in gen6, and Dragon/Flying is soooo boring. OBVIOUSLY dragons can fly. What I really want to see a real, classic dragon concept. This is not just the look. Charizard (although not Dragon type, just egg group) and Salamence pull off a classical look, but their typing does not. What I want to see is a pseudo-legend line that is Fire/Dragon. And no, Reshiram does not count. That was some BS right there...

Grass/Poison/Bug
    Yes, I'm pretty picky on type combinations. But seriously, we don't need more Grass/Poison or Grass/Bug Pokemon to add to the 20 that we already have. I would accept one line of either type for the sake of the forest area that will likely be implemented, but please no more. How about something interesting to encounter in the forests this generation? For example, a Fire/Bug (fire ant that everyone wants, so just do it already) or Grass/Ghost, Poison/Psychic or Poison/Ghost, Bug/Ice. Basically, all I want is to not see the typical cliche typings that we've seen in the past and instead see interesting combinations that we've never seen, but with a concept that is cool and makes sense.

I could go on with more of what I'd like to see, but these are my main hopes. Plus, I'd like to hear what others have to say, so please post and discuss!

pedrito3_poke

Banana
    Years
    • Seen Jul 25, 2022
    Pokemon based on mythology.
    Well, we already have the legendaries based on Norse mythology, but I'd certainly love to see those three Pokémon, specially the Cerberus evolution for Houndoom. We've already seen Houndour being used by Team Flare and a Houndour horde, so who knows?

VS Seeker
    I would rather see them increasing the level of the Pokémon overall, so that the Champion would use lvl 90+ Pokémon, but I'm pretty sure they won't do that, so a vs seeker would definitely come in handy..

Habitat Pokedex Function
    Yeah, I found that useful too. We already know that the Kalos Pokédex will be divided into 3 areas, so I'm ok with that.
    Spoiler:

New, but Interesting, Evolution Methods
    That is one of my favorite things as well. I would love to see some more of those original evolution methods. You can expect that in X & Y, because:
    Spoiler:

Well, my first guess (when I watched the first trailer) was that it would be a Fire/Psychic (Chespin a Grass/Dark type and Froakie a Water/Fighting). I really can't see it becoming a Fire/Fighting (they could still do it if they really wanted, but they won't) and, according to our best leaker, my guess was right.
    Anyway, if you really think it will be a Fire/Fighting, I can bet my girlfriend that it won't. (I currently don't have one, but, if I manage to get one in the meantime, the bet will still be up!)

Ruin Dragons
    From what I know, they won't lower dragons' stats, so I don't see why they would become weak. Also, 4 resistances (against commonly used types) and 3 weaknesses (one of which against itself) doesn't make it a bad type at all.

Years
    • Seen Jan 13, 2014
    I really hope Fennekin isn't a Fighting type. I was okay with Blazekin and Infernape but Emboar drew a line. Fennekin as a fighting type? Ugh I see it as a Psychic type honestly like most people.
    Pegasus Pokemon: If we had one...........
    Mainly most of the other stuff I hope for are already in the game (Player Customization) so i'm all set.

Years
    • Seen May 15, 2023
    I don't mind Fennekin being Fighting type. The hate against it is really stupid and has no foundation. There are more over used types and more re-occurring things that are actually liked than Fire/Fighting.

I'd want it just because the three Fire/Fighting are the only fire starters not in NU. Fennekin will most likely never see any real use outside of some game use as a starter. For me, Fennekin is a repeat of what happened to Snivy. And as much hate as Emboar gets, its used more than both Samurott and Serperior.

A hope I have for Gen 6 is open riding. They haven't said that its extremely restricted and Matsuda said we get more than just Gogoat to ride on (a rumor buster). Hope its an HM that we can use and each Pokemon capable of being ridden have different effects.

Years
  • As long as we dont get another start like charziard(Fire/flying) im good. I hated charzaird because rock pokemon killed him in like one hit. Atleast fire/fighting takes less damage. Anyways I to hope they bring back vs seeker. I also hope they make finding legendarys harder like trying to find garinitna and awaken the regis. another thing that im wondering is if you will be able to buy accessorys for you character because you can now customize. I hope they bring back secret bases to that was awesome. I want them to make light type like come on they have ghost and dark but no light? And bug rype pokemon need a boost, they are so weak I mean come on already give me a fricken dragon bug or something even a water bug. Bug types also need a stat boozt they are very weak. Heracross and pinsir need a evolution.

JayTheKing

~~King Of Valla~~
    Years
  • An extended Join Avenue.
    Another PWT
    Battle Frontier(Unlikely in X Y)
    Bannete,Sableye,Mawile,Dunsparce,Swello evos
    Pokemon-amie to be in game and not a downloadable app.
    Fairy weak to Poison
    Trainer titles online(Dark Trainer,Champion)
    A flying type mini-game
    Ban Eelecktross from Sky Battles.

WolfMirage

"Last Raven"
    Years
    • Seen Nov 23, 2016
    id like to c the berry pots and the underground return, i really like these features and id like to c at least one poke have a furth/4 evolution

SaniOKh

Too old for this stuff
    Years
  • I would love to be able to trade entire teams of Pokémon at once instead of trading one by one. It would really help for Pokédex completion.

Also, I'm one of those who don't want another Fire/Fighting starter. I have nothing against this typing as far as gameplay is concerned, but we've had them for three generations in a row now, it's getting old.

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
    Years
  • I have 2 major hopes. First being a quicker way to trade.

My other is bringing back Night/Day specific pokemon. Such as only being able to catch certain pokemon at night. I think we had this in the 4th Gen games. But I do not think they used it in 5th gen games.

Years
  • I have 2 major hopes. First being a quicker way to trade.

My other is bringing back Night/Day specific pokemon. Such as only being able to catch certain pokemon at night. I think we had this in the 4th Gen games. But I do not think they used it in 5th gen games.

Yeah they did not have Night/Day specific encounters in 5th Gen, but instead season specific encounters. Speaking of the seasons, I do hope they bring them back in X & Y because it will make the 3D effects more realistic.

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
    Years
  • Same. I hope they have both night and day and season based pokemon. I also hope they have pokemon that change with the seasons, like Deerling and Sawsbuck.

Callīope1

█ uranianUmbra
    Years
  • Night / Day Pokemon, season based Pokemon, and the berry making, mainly. I love making the poffins and uping my Pokemon's Contest stats with them. As much as I want the original Contests to come back, I doubt they will.

JayTheKing

~~King Of Valla~~
    Years
  • Night / Day Pokemon, season based Pokemon, and the berry making, mainly. I love making the poffins and uping my Pokemon's Contest stats with them. As much as I want the original Contests to come back, I doubt they will.

I think that poffin making is pretty much confirmed seeing as we get to feed our Pokemon in Pokemonamie

Years
    • Seen Nov 3, 2013
    I would like to be able to choose what pokemon I want to put in to battle before the battle starts..so before the battle starts the list of your party pops up and you choose wich one you want to put in to battle

Years
    • Seen May 15, 2023
    I think that poffin making is pretty much confirmed seeing as we get to feed our Pokemon in Pokemonamie

I don't think those are poffins, nor do I think we make any of those. They may just be there for us to use whenever. Doesn't seem like we've been given the new replacement for contests yet and based on the status screen from before, it does not look as if the contest conditions were added back into the main game.

Hope they give us the new contest replacement, if we get any.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
  • I want to see around 10 to 15 evolutions of past Pokémon (so far we have one...), more seasonal exclusives, as well as different events that happen that night that don't happen during the day.

And of course Remakes (well this thread is about Gen VI...)

TrollShammy80

Loved all Pokemon Since 98'
    Years
  • I am just looking forward to see some forgotten or negelected Pokemon get better...with new evolutions and more movepool uses :)

Ex: Arbok being my favorite Pokemon since gen would love to see him return along with others :D

Back