• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

different detailing art in the Pokémon in various episodes

Moltres Rider

Banned
Years
  • Have you ever noticed that the Pokémon in various episodes have different detail in the art of the Pokémon? The Pokémon are slightly different in one episode than another... one may have better detail in one episode than another episode???

for example
    Spoiler:

notice the detailing differences???

why are Pokémon drawn different in one episode than another???

Last edited by a moderator:
    Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    Actually, I don't see any difference between those two Reshiram. And generally I haven't noticed any differences in how pokémon are drawn either - maybe just if you compare early seasons with late ones.

If there are differences between a movie and the series though, it is not that strange. The movies have always been drawn and animated slightly better than the series. Likely because they thought the movies were worth more effort and money than the everyday episodes.

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
  • Like Red said, I don't see any differences between both Reshiram. If details were to be changed between both, it would be based on perspective (like what angle Reshiram is viewed from or how far away it is)

Ęℓαчиıı

Blizzagon used Arctic Claw!
    Years
  • The only difference I see is the quality of each still, granted one is taken at a higher definition than the other.

Based on what I've seen from watching several different Pokémon movies, is their only difference is the quality. Normally, when an anime studio decides to make movies, the movies tend to be at least five times higher quality than the episodes. In Japan(from what I know) they air the animated movies, which earn revenue. I know I wouldn't pay to see a low quality movie from a very popular series. Anyways, that's how I feel about it.

Back