• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Hi there! have i found a nice place to stay??

Years
    • Seen Jul 30, 2013
    Hey there! I'm Molly. I have always loved pokemon, ever since my big brother brought back his first deck of pokemon cards home. I was fascinated with it. I played my brothers Red Version on our gameboy color. This probably sounds odd, but we were travellers (Still are tho ;) ) and never really bought the most recent things. But i was perfectly happy with my games. Oh and we were the NICE kind of travellers, that would spare a *** or share a can of soup. Not the horrible things that live in white caravans. Nice travelers. Anyway.. I played pokemon on my brothers GBC, mind you i accidently deleted his game right before he finished it....oops :3 Bare in mind i was about 4 ;)

But we kept playing with the cards and as time grew on my love for pokemon developed. I bought a few magazines and more pokemon cards. I am now the proud owner of a few rare cards. Example:

A Zapdos Card.
    Holographic gravler
    and
    Brocks Golem :3

But i got tired. I wanted to actually battle with them... THEN!
    I got a gameboy advanced!! :D
    I found another game and played pokemon leaf green.. :)
    Then, a few years later, i got a Nintendo DS :D I also bought pokemon pearl with it. I played and played..... but one fateful day.... i lost my DS :'( I was occupied with something else for bout a month, and after my yearning for pokemon came back.. i couldn't find it.
    I searched and searched yet i did not prevail. I was destraught. I decided to give up. But i loved pokemon too much. I decided to blank it..
    Many months passed and my cat died 3 days before my birthday :( R.I.P.
    Then, my birthday came, we had been in a house for about 4 years now. Still are though. Anyway, i got a decent phone, an android LG. I was SO happy, such a good phone. Anyway, after around 5 months later in April, i wanted to get back into pokemon, but i didn't think my DS was going to magically appear. So I looked on google play for pokemon games. None came up apart from a game boy color emulator. At the time i had no idea what emulators and roms were so i passed by. Around half a month later, i looked it up. Downloaded it and played my heart out!

So now i play pokemon Emerald on my phone for as long as i can before my mum decides to stop me -_- But yeah....

Oooops... sorry i didn't meen to go and write my pokemon life history hahaha ...
    But basically, none of my friends like pokemon as much as i do.... as you could probably tell. But i wanna share my love of this strange and weird game to people who feel the same. Is this the forum for it?

And the unusual thing is......
    I'm 13 xD

Molly out :)

TY

You came to the right place (i hope you did :p). I loved the trading cards aswell when i was young (10-11). You might want to look at Advance Generation Gaming for Emerald aswell as Pokemon Trading Card Game.
    Its sad indeed when your cat dies so soon near your bday. My cat recently died aswell, so i kinda feel your pain back then.

Anyways read the rules, and if you have trouble ask a moderator, they can help you out.

Have fun here, and i hope to see you around!
    Oh and if you wanna chat with me, PM/VM me and also dont be afraid to send a friend request, i love to chat ^_^

-ShadowE(xcadrill)

Years
  • This was a really interesting read. :) You didn't post too long of a message at all, in fact I think it's awesome to see how much you loved Pokemon as a kid! And still do, too! That is wonderful. Welcome to the forum!

Ugh.. it's always really awful to lose your system. I've never really lost my DS or anything but my Sapphire version was stolen by my best friend's brother. Funnily enough I knew he had taken it, but didn't want to confront him about it, haha. I ended up doing something stupid and stealing my friend's cousin's Sapphire to replace mine.. which made me just as bad. :P I was about 13 though, so meh, I'll forgive myself! Looks like the TCG was a big factor in your love for Pokemon so I urge you to check out the Pokemon TCG board sometime. Even if you don't play it much anymore it's still a lovely little section where you can share your love and stories (plus any awesome pulls you might've gotten).

Emulators are wonderful; I agree! It helps keep the fandom alive by giving people access to Pokemon that they might not have had otherwise. Systems are especially expensive nowadays ($200 for my 3DS XL.. ugh) so it's a nice option to try out. The Emulation & ROM Hacking board here has so many lovely hacks that you can try out as well; that's something that seems like it'd be wonderful for you! Our hackers are talented and make some of the coolest games with great designs and stories.

By the way, Emerald is awesome. Brownie points to you for playing. <3; Anyways, do have a great stay here and you can contact me or another moderator anytime if you need some help. Remember to give the rules a read as well so you can understand how PC operates. Have an amazing time on the forum!

Years
  • Hey there Molly, welcome to PC! My name is Zach, and it's a pleasure in getting to know you! {:3}

Sorry to hear about your stolen game unit :( I've never had a game console of mine stolen, and neither games, but I have lost all of my 3rd generation games (except for my Firered/leafgreen) but I do hope that one of these days I do find them somewhere. They're probably lying loose in the mess I call my closet, which really needs to be cleaned out, haha. And like my friend Cirno said, you'll love it around here on PC! And feel free on where you wish to discuss things the most! (:

As a reminder, though, please be sure to look at the rules here so that you don't wind up getting into trouble at all.. the last thing we want to see here of new members is them getting an infraction simply by breaking a rule :(

If you have any questions, please do not hesitate in contacting anyone around here on staff! They are identifiable as the users with the bold usernames, and they are here to help you and would be more than glad to help out whenever you may need them! :)

Hope you enjoy your stay here at PC, Molly! Feel free to send me a friend request if you want to! And you are also always more than welcome to either leave a VM on my profile and or send me a PM if you ever want to chat with me! ^_^

Back