• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Old Consoles & Handhelds

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    When you get new video game systems, what do you do with your previous ones? Do you keep them, give them away, or trade them in for store credits? In total, about how many old systems do you have right now? What conditions are the in--good, bad, or in-between? Do you still play with them, and if so, when was the last time you did? d:

Dragon

lover of milotics
    Years
    Oh, I still keep my game systems, hehe. I store the really old ones like the PS2, the N64, the PS1, and the Gamecube tucked in my closet, but occasionally bring them out from time to time because there are a handful of great games out there that will work on those systems, but my newer ones can't really play. XD

They're still in good condition though, albit, a little dusty from time to time. I've really only played the Gamecube recently, and that was because I've purchased Fire Emblem: Path of Radiance the other day, which I wasn't just about to pass up on playing because it's such a rare game nowadays, and it still has some great replay value!

Puddle

Mission Complete✔
    Years
    I keep them set up in my room and when I want to go get a nostalgic feel, I'll unplug a few plugs, hook it up and go crazy.

T!M

Four Category MoTY (VG) Winner
    Years
    I keep everything, because chances are I'm going to get the urge to play it later. Can't tell you how many times I've wanted to play an old PS2 game and realized I had neither the game or system. So to this day I keep everything.

Years
    I've sold quite a number of old ones. N64 was actually traded in for GC I believe, and to be honest, I don't know what happened to our PS D: Gameboy SP I think was most likely sold; Kingdom Hearts: Chain of Memories is the only game I remember owning for that handheld. We are still hanging on to the PSP, PS2, GC, PS3, and of course my 3DS. Don't think we'll be trading or selling any of them from now on and we generally keep our consoles in pristine condition without scratches or anything. We treat them like our babies (':

Satoshi Ookami

Memento Mori
    Years
    I still have them. You never know when you want to return to games you love and without means of play, you have no chance to do it =D (Yea, you have emulators since at this age older consoles are PS1, PS2, PSP, DS, Game Cube, etc... all with working emulators =D)

TY

I still have mine and i even play on them :3

Especially since the PS3 i have now isn't backwards compatible :(

Back