• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Weapons

Yukari

I checked over all the threads, twice, to make sure there wasn't another thread like this one. If there was, I'm sorry! I'm sorry! I'm sorry! I somehow missed it. ;-;

Butanyway, I saw another thread about guns in video games, but I though I would be nice to broaden the spectrum a bit and include video game weapons as a whole. So, what are your favorite weapons in video games? And what kind of weapons do you prefer? (If only from an aesthetic point of view.)

My favorite weapon would be the Blackrock Sword from Ultima 7: The forge of virtue. It's the most powerful weapon in the game and the Deamon in the sword allows you to instantly kill almost any enemy in the game. (Only the weakest enemies that you would be able to kill instantly at this point and a handful of really powerful enemies are exempt from it's power.)

As for which weapons I prefer; I like to use swords, I have no idea why but I just do.

Last edited:

El Héroe Oscuro

IG: elheroeoscuro
    Years
    I would have to say that I've always been a bow and arrow kind of guy. I like to keep a safe distance from my opponents, and it's actually a lot of fun when you're able to sneak up on them and attack them when they least expect it.

That being said, my favorite weapon of all time? Probably either the Crossbow from Bioshock or the Plasma Cutter from Dead Space. I always thought that the upgrade system in the first installment of the Bioshock series was so unique and it was really cool how you could physically see your Crossbow change after each upgrade with the attachments and whatnot. Plus, it was really cool to see you headshot a Splicer from so far away, as well as create traps by shooting lines that electrocute enemies when they trip them. The Plasma Cutter is also just an innovative weapon in my opinion; originally just used as an engineering tool, it's used in Dead Space to cut off the limbs of necromorphs. The simplicity of it makes it really fun to use, and I loved how Visceral Games made an achievement for it where you have to beat the entire game using only the Plasma Cutter; it made for a very fun, yet challenging experience.

Fernbutter

Murder is the way.
    Years
    I still kinda feel like I've answered this before, but regardless! I really like Katanas, even if in the game it is like really low stats, I wouldn't care, I would work with it because it's my favorite, always. If not then it has to be something like really small, like a dagger or a knife, if it would be a bigger weapon, it would be a really big sword, for ranged weapons it would have to be a bow and arrow, definitely, for guns? Uh, something like a magnum, or a desert eagle.

Khoshi

[b]とてもかわいい![/b]
    Years

If you've played at least 1 CS game, you would know of how fantastic the Deagle is.

I liked the Ray Gun in the Call of Duty Zombies mode, as it's both really strong, and really cool looking :p it's weird and unique in appearance, which is why I like it.

TY

I appear to do better with them than with full auto guns, mainly cause their recoil and kick isn't that huge and you can control them much easier... It does require you to have a trigger finger to be actually effective with it haha.

Sonata

Don't let me disappear
    Years
    I like big bulky two handed weapons that I can bash in heads or cleave enemies with in one fell strike.

Best weapon would be (since I can't really think of anything) the Giant Stone Axe from Dark Souls 2

Satoshi Ookami

Memento Mori
    Years
    I'm sucker for one hand swords.
    Or classical magician's wand =D

My favorite weapon... I will say ultimate weapon of Yu Narukami from Persona 4, Blade of Totsuka (Totsuka no Tsurugi for reference to Japanese mythology)
    Spoiler:

Back