• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Going Mobile With Gaming

El Héroe Oscuro

IG: elheroeoscuro
Years
  • Going Mobile With Gaming

Thanks to the advancing technology centered around smart phones, Indie developers and gamers galore have been able to celebrate a new type of gaming focused on touch screen action. We've seen gems of games like Angry Birds, Plants vs Zombies, 2048, Ridiculous Fishing, Temple Run, and many, many more over the last few years, and it doesn't look like this revolutionary step in gaming will be stopping anytime soon either. What are some of your favorite games when it comes to playing on your mobile phones? Are you a fan of mobile gaming? Do you think that this will become the future of video games? Or do you think this will just be a fad that will pass over?

Feel free to discuss below!

Last edited:

Yukari

Well... I'm not much of a fan of mobile gaming, mainly because I don't own a mobile device, so go figure. Though I do have access to mobile games, and there are some I like (Final Fantasy for example.) I honestly don't think that Mobile games will become the future of gaming though. It's always going to be out there, but I'm pretty sure hardcore gamers will always prefer consoles or PCs to mobile devices. They're fun time wasters though

Last edited:

TY

They are fun to kill time, but only when I do not have access to my PC. I am not a big fan of it because it really isn't that great for my favorite genre and I do not think that this is the future of gaming either because of some genre's totally not working on a phone/tablet.

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    I don't think they'll ever become as big and popular as console video games, unfortunately. :( These are a part of mobile devices, which focus on more things than just gaming. For consoles (both home and handheld), though, it's the other way around; their attentions are actually on games, and other form of multimedia are offered on side. You don't actually have to capitalize if you don't want to, but they're still there. Do I enjoy mobile games? Some are fun, but I rarely bother playing them, unfortunately. Last time I'd played one was about three months ago, haha. If I remember correctly, I think it was Angry Bird.

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
  • I like...don't play any of them and don't understand the hype. :x

Satoshi Ookami

Memento Mori
    Years
  • I only use them to quickly discharge my smart phone so I can charge it.
    If there are some logical games, I don't mind playing them on phone though...
    But overall... I don't really want gaming to become this portable.

Khoshi

[b]とてもかわいい![/b]
    Years
  • They're a good time killer, but nothing more. Mobile games are just a quick pick up and put down, something to waste hours with. Not that advanced in technology, but within a few years, that'll definitely change.

if only the app store wasn't bombarded with flappy bird rip offs

Years
  • Personally, I only have a couple games that I've downloaded that are mainly used to kill time, and nothing more \: The only one I play on a nearly daily basis is Dots, which is a simple game compared to other ones that I've seen around the App Store, like full blown games that could be ported to consoles. But I don't think they'll become as prominent in North American markets since if they have the mindset of myself, and the previous posters, then they won't be playing them for all that long.

Morkula

[b][color=#356F93]Get in the Game[/color][/b]
    Years
  • I don't really play games on my phone at all, but I agree with the general sentiments expressed here. When I do play mobile games, they're just time wasters: things I can play a round or two of when I'm waiting for something or just need to kill a few minutes of time. I couldn't imagine playing a full-length game like an RPG or any other "serious" game on my phone though.

Arc

[img]http://i.imgur.com/kieFJln.gif[/img]
    Years
  • Going to be a broken record here, and just agree with everybody else. Mobile games are no more than time wasters. I can't stand to play games on my phone more than an twenty minutes, because a lot of the games don't have near enough substance to contain my attention or run off a time limit model that mobile games usually use. Some games that I regularly open up every once in awhile on my phone are Valkyrie Crusade, Wind Runner, Dragon Coins, and QuizUp.

Will the fad ever die away? Not in the foreseeable future. As long smartphones exists, people will always be playing games on their phones.

Years
    • Seen Dec 16, 2022
    The need to create a universal gaming controller for phones if they want any chance of being better than dedicated handhelds like the 3DS or PSVITA. Touch and gyro controls only work with about 20% of games well and everything has to be dumbed down in order to be playable.

Back