• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Tales of Oceana Town

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kurosaki

Well, I thought I'd take a break from fantasy RPs, XD The idea for this RP was inspired by the anime "Air," but has nothing to do with it. Yes, this RP is... different, XD

What a mess! For one reason or another, you ran away from home around a month ago, and have been travelling Japan on foot ever since! Your money, the stuff that secured your survival of this trip, has run out, and you've gone days without food in the hot, dry weather.

One morning, you wake up to find yourself lying on the side of the road, not too far away from a town, which you find out is called Oceana town, a child around the age of 10-12 beside you. The child wants to be your friend, and takes you back to his/her house, where his/her parents allow you to stay in their house for the time being under one condition: You must care for the child, since the parents are always at work and don't have the time to raise the child properly.

As time passes, you meet others who have strangely also suffered the same fate, and you begin to bond with the child, finding that he/she has a very unique personality of their own...

Basically, you control 2 characters. The first one would be one of the kids who ran away from home. I would like you to base this character after your RL self if possible. The second would be the child you're caring for. He/she must be between the ages of 10 and 12, and the personality must be different in some ways from the other RP members.

** Note: If you do not RP up to my standards, I will kick you from the RP. Also, follow the forum rules, and no powerplaying!
Form:

1- Runaway
Name:
Appearance: (Remember, you've been travelling on the road for a long while without a change of clothes. You may gain new clothing later)
Personality: (Base this after your RL self please, it'll make the RP that much better!)
Interests: (What your character does for work, hobbies, ect)
History: (Why your character ended up running away from home)

2- Child
Name:
Appearance: (It may be summer, but your kid is in summer school, so a school uniform would be nice here. Also, your character may change clothing, just make sure to post it if you do. Here is the girls Uniform. The guys uniform follows the same colour scheme)
Personality: (Something unique, and something that nobody else has chosen **There must be at least one thing different between ever kid**)
Interests: (See this section in 'Runaway')
History: (Anything important that has happened in the past that you'd like to tell)

RP Sample:
------------------------------------------------------------------------

1- Runaway
Name: David Miyamoto

Appearance: 5'11" Short red hair and blue eyes. After travelling Japan for a month, David now wears a black T-shirt that is torn in both the sleeves and hangs down the his knees, and well as a pair of navy blue jeans that are torn at the knees, and a pair of worn out running shoes.

Personality: David tends to keep a cheery attitude about everything, only frowning when absolutely necessary. He jokes around a lot, and has a short temper when it comes to some things. He is usually a good listener, and likes to help with the problems of others, sticking up for them if needed.

Interests: David originally brought his guitar along, hoping to perform on the streets, getting money from it, but his guitar was stolen during one of his stops. He is a bad cook, but tries to cook anyways, since nobody has the heart to tell them he's bad, eating the dishes anyways.

History: David left home because of one reason, his parents banned him from every single thing. It was always "Do your homework, then practice your guitar for 3 hours," or, "Do your chores before you can eat." Some nights, he never even got around to eating!

2- Child
Name: Kristen Momoyai (Kris for short)

Appearance: Here and she's in the uniform on school days.

Personality: Kris is almost always cheery, easily amused, and can be very dense. When she's hurt, feels like crying, ect, she attempts to hide it by making an animal noise. She is clumsy, adventurous and goofs up a lot, but is a good natured, kind kid, who gets scared easily.

Interests: Cats, she loves cats, but she can't have any since her dad is allergic. She also has a fascination with the ocean, always at the beach staring out at it whenever she has the chance. She tends to get into trouble a lot though, do to her personality.

History: She's made animal noises since she was a little girl, hiding her true emotions. Four years ago, her big sister passed away, leaving her all alone, and having David around really makes her feel better.

Last edited:

Cyber Link

Sexier than Raichu Master
Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Mar 19, 2005
VERY VERY GOOD, David! This is possibly the most original and fun rp I've seen in a long time. Needlesstosay I'm joining! ^^

1- Runaway
Name: Jake Denim
Appearance: His jeans, now not really jeans (look like shorts since he's torn off half of both legs to keep cool). He now has no shirt. His sunburn is near cancerous, but not quite there. He has long brown hair that's been magged by sweat and dirt, his green eyes have turned to dry almost lifeless orbs
Personality: Cocky and conceited. He's the last one to back down from anything, and he often ends up fighting (due to the fact he's more roug around the edges, and less diplomatic). He believes firmly in his principles, and holds fast to them when things get desperate.
Interests: Loves animals, and loves working on a farm. He has a brillant mind, and excells in the sciences, and philosphy.
History: His parents died when he was 10, leaving him in the hands of his wicked uncle. After 6 years of slave work, Jake finally gathered the courage to stand on his own two feet.

2- Child
Name: Elizabeth Somilia
Appearance: She loves wearing her school uniform (see uniform selected by David). Other than that, she's petite, not very much of anything except a common schoolgirl. He has a long golden blond hair, and gentle blue eyes.
Personality: She seems to have a nack for knowing when the right time is to act. Her patiences and gentleness adventually begins to wear off on Jake and he begans to mellow out.
Interests: Studying for test, doing homework, and hanging with her friends. She's pretty much just the average run of the mill schoolgirl. yet she shares Jake's passion for animals and would also willingly work on a farm.
History: She lives with her father, her mother passed away when she was 10 years old, and she doesn't like to talk about it. And tries to stay optimistic...alittle too optimistic...

Electric Hero

(Lightning) Lord
Years
1- Runaway
Name: Max Hunter
Appearance: Black running shoes, and of course dirty of so much traveling. Same with all his black clothes, all dirty, the pants, shirt, coat, and gloves. Electric blue eyes and black hair.
Personality: Max is almost all the time happy, but when he meets a new person, he is not so happy, neither just pure serious, he acts in that way because he does want to meet the person well until he feels... ok with that person. But around his friends... yeah he is cheerful.
Interests: He likes to sing, and if he gets a piano, he likes to play it too. And he likes to be infront of computer all day whenever he can, too. He also, likes to hang around places, sometimes, he walks too much all day that until he is going to sleep, his whole body starts to hurt.
History: The reason why he ended running away from his home was that, his parents never were good with him, they hated Max for a reason. Max eventually started to hate his life with them and ran away.

2- Child
Name: Mary
Appearance: She has long golden blonde and has blue eyes. When she is in school she wears the unform, but when she's not in school, she wears a blue dress and silver shoes.
Personality: She is very cheerful, have to say more than Max. She is always happy with everything. Except with bad things, bad stuff makes her sad, and if something is too bad, she can start to cry.
Interests: She ,like Max, likes to sing too. She loves animal of course, specially little ones. She is obsessed with the sky too, she sometimes like to lay on the grass and stare into the sky.
History: Her parents always have been too busy to take care of her, so she had to be alone all day, all days. So, she being with Max, will be something good for her.

~Ozy~

PC's Unofficial Poetry Critic
Years
<OOC>Well, aside from Japan being humid as all get out, me likey...<OOC>

Name: Jake Devins
Appearance: Tall and well-built, with curly brown hair and eyes of a green that varies from emerald to an almost turquoise color. His skin is unusually pale, his ears, sharper than normal, and his canines are more like those of an actual predator than of a human. Dressed in blue jeans, a black shirt, belt, sock, and shoes, all ratty-looking.
Personality: Seems brusque at first, even a little mean. Once you get to know him, though, you'll fin him to be a person posessed of an immensely caring spirit who will protect his friends with his life. can't stand to see people sad, so he always seems to be cracking a joke. Rather touchy-feely, he's comfortable with hugging and such as a sign of friendship.
Interests: A martial artist at heart, Jake is skilled in both Shotokan Karate and Kendo.
History: Nothing his parents did, he just wanted to see his host family again fom a trip to Japan a few years back.

2- Child
Name: Risa Takahada
Appearance: Risa is short and slender, even for a Japanese girl. Long brown hair, done up in braids. Deep brown eyes, almost black. when not in a school uniform, Risa wears a Colorado Rockis shirt (this'll come into play later, if I have my way) and blue jeans.
Personality: Risa is bubbly, in a word. She always tries to look at the brighter side of thinks. Like Jake, she's posessed of an immense caring for others. She's very personable and enjoys the company of people.
Interests: Risa plays on her school volleyball team.
History: Nothing exceptional.

Mari

♠ [child] p r o d i g y
Years
Can Mari join, Dai-chan~? =3

1- Runaway
~Name: Cathe Xaphanel

Appearance: At first sight, one would immediately deem Cathe as a child nine years of age, with her innocent-filled cerulean eyes and her childish visage. Her wavy shoulder length hair is pure gold in color and uneven bangs sweeps across her forehead. She has an athletic frame, although she appears frail, and is four foot nine. She dresses in tan cargo shorts and an orange sleeveless shirt that barely exposes her midriff. She frequently puts on a baseball cap, backwards, and a silver armband that has an emblem of a feather and her last name engraved on it.

Personality: Cathe is someone merely described as hyper, buoyant, boyish, and a tad na?ve, or dull, if you will. She habitually hastily takes action without thinking first and always gets in trouble because of it, as well as her mischievousness. She loathes anything pink and something she deemed is girlish and her stubbornness is a handful, especially when she is defending someone.

Cathe, being one who is very childish, finds it hard to concentrate on one matter and finds it even harder to be serious about it. And, in addition to her fairly eccentric traits, she has this tendency to do everything in a risky method and loves anything challenging, which is the only thing she and Eric have in similar.

Interests: She simply adores sports and excels in most of them. Her most favorite thing to do, however, is fencing and any other sort of swordplay. She also likes being dared to do something incredibly risky and would accept it, no matter what.

History: Cathe's father was almost always busy at work, and rarely goes home to visit his family. That had caused her mother's illness. Her mother, devastated that she hasn't seen her husband for years now, never left her room which only made her health worsen, and then after a few more days, her mother had slowly lost her memories.

Cathe was heartbroken at the sight of her glaring mother, accusing her of being a fraud and that she was imitating her 'darling Cathy', so she ran away, finding it hard to be near her mother.

2- Child
~Name: Eric Kakeru

Appearance: Eric has short, honey brown hair that is always muddled. His eyes are a glittering light brown that reflects his maturity and sarcastic persona. He has a slender frame and stands roughly at four foot eleven. He wears olive knee length shorts and a pastel jade shirt, or a red shirt along with black pants whenever he's out of school and crimson shorts and a white chemise that has a red ribbon on the middle as his uniform.

Personality: Precocious, egoistic and sarcastic. He acts no way near his age and is essentially more established and wiser than Cathe. He loves being an aggravation to others by continuously questioning them. He has a sharp answer for every question given to him and he acts arrogant and self-centered, although he can be quite overprotective of his friends. He loves being engaged in verbal fights and would emerge victorious, no matter what. He is blunt about almost everything, including his feelings, which is hard for someone his age.

Interests: Eric loves deciphering codes or solving awfully challenging problems. He adores mocking other people and making them lose their minds by endlessly questioning them, as said.

History: Eric was born from a family of wealth. Both his parents spend too little time with him and which was why he had treated his personal butler as his second father. He was forced to study comprehensively since he was three and had little time for break. Everyone had high expectations for him which created his fear of failure. He was frightened of the thought that his parents would stay farther from him should he fail in anything and tried to exceed in everything he could possibly do.

Cathe was the only person who treated him as he wished to be. And, albeit he doesn't show it, she made him feel relaxed and comfortable.

Last edited:

Kurosaki

OOC: Okay, everyone is in. Jake, I personally wouldn't know what the weather is like there, but weather IS unpredictable to an extent, XD
I'll start this uow, but if another member wants to join, they may do so. Just take note that I'm away for 8.5 hours from this post. I hate work ><

IC: "Fooood..." I muttered to myself. I had been walking for at least a week now without a decent meal, and it was starting to take its toll. I was travelling along a large road, boarding a beach. It was mid-afternoon, and I could see kids playing out by the water. It would have been a great business opportunity, if I still had my guitar that is. I hopped onto a thick cement ledge that created a border between the beach and road, and fell asleep.

I grunted as I awoke some time later. The sun was down, casting an orange glow across the land, and all the kids had left the beach from what I could see. I sat up, and noticed a girl staring out at the ocean beside me, her brilliant blue coloured hair blowing in the wind towards the opposite direction.

"Oh, you're awake!" she exclaimed after noticing me glancing at her. She approached me, and I backed away. What the heck does she want? I don't have any food or money! I thought to myself as I eventually stopped, my stomach growling loudly.

"Oh, are you hungry!" she cried as she heard my stomach, "Let me get you some food! Just a sec!" With that, she ran down the stairs that connected to the ledge. There were stairs? I climbed the thing! I watched her from above as she ran to a snack machine, and bought something. Upon her return trip, she tripped up the stairs, landing on her face.

"Here." She said to me as she handed me what looked like a rice cake, smiling. When I got a look at her face, it was when I noticed it was covered in dirt from her fall.

I opened the snack, and asked her, "You all right? The fall, I mean." She gave me a thumbs up, crying "Nya!"

"Why are you feeding me? I mean, why trust a strange boy asleep on a ledge? Wouldn't your parents disaprove of it?" I asked after sitting myself down crosslegged on the ledge. I stopped asking questions as soon as I noticed her staring out into the ocean again, followed by an awkward moment of silence.

"I wanna be your friend!" She exclaimed as she gave my another thumbs up, smiling.

Years
Runaway

Name: Rachel O?Conner

Appearance: Rachel has shoulder blade length mousey colored hair which falls in unreal bangs to frame her face. Her eyes are a Sapphire blue and her once pale healthy looking skin is now marked and scratched from her traveling and lack of hygiene. She stands at around 5?6 and is a very sickly, skinny build from days without food. She wears a black top which comes to a stop just above her stomach and a pair of camouflage trousers, both items of clothing in which have been roughened up and torn in multiple places from lack of clothes and a hard journey. Upon her feet she wears a pair of black trainers and around her neck hangs a silver dragon pendant, which she has guarded with her life and has refused to sell.

Personality: Rachel is a curious individual and can turn quite hyper now and again. She is a very down to earth person and likes nothing more than good joke and a fun time. Though she is usually kind and rather perky, Rachel has been known to loose her temper and flare up over some of the tinniest of things. Over all, Rachel is a perky and rather intelligent teenaged girl with all means to make the most of her life.

Interests: Rachel has a part time job as a shop assistant back in her home town. Though during spare time, she likes to hang with friends or draw peacefully.

History: Rachel?s parents had always argued over the smallest of things and she had never understood why they would occur. They had sworn to her that they would never divorce and leave her and her brother in despair over the loss and Rachel had always believed them, in till the day in which both had signed the dreaded contract and Rachel and her little brother were left with their mother when their dad moved to live by himself. Rachel could never get over the loss of her father and the promises they had both broke, and so Rachel ran away from home with nothing but her months pay and the clothes on her back.

Child

Name: Kioni Ki

Appearance: Kioni has shoulder length brown hair which normally find?s itself sprawling into Kioni?s small face, which is why a pair of black sun glasses lay perched upon his head to keep the long bangs from falling into his face. His eyes are a deep emerald color which holds a youthful shimmer and his lightly tanned skin has no markings what so ever.

Personality: Kioni is a shy and timid character with a love for the arts. He is normally quite cautious around others in till they are known and trusted by him. He doesn?t like to talk much and finds himself expressing himself through pictures and small sculptures. He is quite talented for someone of his age and Rachel is the only person he feels he can share any sort of secret or embarrassing thought with.

Interests: Kioni loves to express himself through drawings and sculptures; he also finds that there is nothing more relaxing than taking a quiet hike through woods and taking time to learn his surroundings.

History: Kioni was and always has been bullied at school for his ?ways? he had never liked to make much human contact and when the boys were playing foot ball, he would be sitting on the side lines drawing and viewing his surroundings. Girls poked fun at him and thought him to be a bit ?freaky? for their liking and boys would just find him as the annoying punk that would say nothing even if provoked. But Kioni tries to look past such things and escape into a dream world of his own.

~Ozy~

Years
I stumbled, more than walked down the staird to the beach. It was a nice enough place, but through my hunger, I hardly noticed the surrounds. I'd kill for some curry right about now, or even a little rice and some water. I just wanted food and drink. I collapsed, halfway between the beginning of the beach and the ocean. My last thought was that I should probably roll over and try to get the sand out of my mouth.

Judging by the sun, it was some time later when I awoke, perhaps late afternoon. A young girl was staring at me. She wasn't quite frail, just...Well, she was whip-thin. She looked ready to poke me, too. As my eyes fluttered open, she poked me anyway. I couldn't help it, I'd always been a little ticklish. I laughed, a laugh that rapidly turned into a hacking cough.

An older woman, presumably the girl's mother snatched her hand away, saying "Don't do that, he looks sick!" I triep to prop myself up on my hands and managed to rise up all of six inches as I said weakly "No, just hungry. Really, really hungry. Do you hane any food?" The girl looked pleadingly at her mother and said "Pleeeeease? He needs help." The mother looked down at her daughter, aighed, and said "Alright dear, alright. We can get him something to eat." It had the air of a routine long worn into memory by both parties.

Anacortes

absurdities..
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen May 9, 2010
Can I stil join? I know I'm a bit late here..

Name: Aliya
Appearance: She had ragged clothes, a red t-shirt and blue jeans. Her black hair is tangled and covered with mud, and she has brown eyes. Her shoes are mostly worn out.
Personality: She has a constant fear of parents, and belive that the term "age" is something that was meant to haunt her until she can survive her childhood. She is extremely nice around younger people, and tends to hide away around her peers.
Interests: She does not go to work, but she like sto sit back and relax, deep in thought, or read a book, write a story or poem, or just bury her face in the bed and pretend to sleep.
History: Her parents has been her worst enemy since. All she knows is thinking of ways to get away from them. When she was barely seven her mother beat her and broke her arm, giving her the thought of getting away from them ever since.

Name: Marilynne
Appearance: School uniform. She also has blonde hair, barely any that is. Her eyes are hazel, and she is tall compared to her peers.
Personality: She is a depressed person herself, with strong hatred between her parents, just like Aliya. She is however, more trusting those above her age, yet also jealous. She thinks those younger than her should be kept within their own age group, since they are themselves, more unluckier than her.
Interests: She like sto stay locked in her room, with a ton of homework. She asks for extra work all the time in order to spend her time, since she is not really allowed to do anything else. Aside from homework would be school, and sleep.
History: Nothing important..

Psychotic_Demon

The Espeon of the Moon
Years
1- Runaway
Name: Saphira Demonte

Appearance: Saphira is slender and a bit tall, compared to some people her age. She has deep blue eyes and dirty blonde hair that reaches the middle of her back. Her skin is tanned, and her clothes are mostly blue. Saphira wears a blue tee shirt and blue jeans, with black and blue skateboarding shoes. Around her neck is a silver chain, that she won't take off.

Personality: Saphira trusts very few people. One could often find her by herself, keeping away from the world. She has managed to push away most people without even meaning to. Some say Saphira is mean, but shes really not. If you get to know her, she is actually a very adventurous person, and very hyper.

Interests: Anything that has to do with art. Whether its drawing or painting, sculpting or whatever, its what Saphira loves. She constantly has a small sketchbook in her hand, and draws everything she sees.

History: Saphira's real parents died when she was born, so Saphira was tossed around from family to family every since. Now at her fourth family, she was going to be sent to yet another orphanage. Tired of being mistreated, Saphira left for good, hoping to make it on her own somewhere far away from where she had spent her life.

2- Child
Name: Ryo

Appearance: Ryo is kind of short for his age, but doesn't let that bring him down. He wears his school uniform for school, but when he doesn't need to wear it, he is in a red tee shirt and denim shorts. No matter what he is wearing, he always seems to get it messed up somehow.

Personality: A prankster. Ryo is energetic and will befriend the first person he sees. Always on the go, he seems to find ways to prank anyone, anywhere. Trouble is his best friend.

Interests: Pranking people, and building things out of whatever he can find. He is an inventor, sort of.

History: Nothing all that special.

Anacortes

absurdities..
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen May 9, 2010
Aliya grunted, shaking the mud off her clothes, or should I say, plie of rags. Nearby, a sign said told her that this was apparantly, a town by the name of Oceana. "Ten coins left..." She whispered, and walked into the village centre, where she found a store to buy some food.

Before she found any food, she noticed that people were all staring at her mess. "What, I'm poor! So what! Go do your thing! Get your eyes off me!" She shouted at the people, and picked out a few apples and a banana.

Standing behind Aliya in line at the cash register, was a couple and their child, or was it their slave? Aliya couldn't tell the difference at that time. She heard one of the whisper to the other, than the man tapped her on the shoulder. "Hello lady, can we talk?"

The line was actually quite long, and Aliya was already getting impatient by those eyes fixed on her, so she replied with a mean voice. "What do you want?!"

"You seem like a strict person, no? If you are poor, I will give you shelter, but you must agree to do one thing for me. Please take care of my child, Marilynne. She's just been a headache for us. I thought that maybe someoen like you could help us fix her attitude a bit."

Aliya was so furious that she had to control herself from beating him up, but decided on a plan. "Okay, Marilynne, is it? I'll get her head worn off if it's the last thing I do, and you give me a home to stay in. Alright, heres all my money, and I'll go put my apples back on the shelf. Can I take her with me for a moment..?"

1-Runaway

Name: Bekka

Appearance: Bekka normally wears a black band tshirt with dark blue baggy jeans with a brown hoodie and black Vans(skateboarding shoes, yes, I skateboard) with a pink strip on them(I actually have these shoes). She has crystal clear blue eyes and is a bit of a punk/goth(that just means the music) rocker.

Personality: Bekka is a happy, and most of the time, hyper girl. She loves to hang out with her frineds, but at times, she loves to be alone to gather her thoughts or just to be alone. She loves to blast her music to be free.

Interests: Bekka loves to be on the computer or watch T.V., or sing to her favorite songs. She loves football, softball, tennis, basketball, basically all sports. She loves to be with her friends and have a great time.

History: Not very popular, except to those who have gotten to know her. Considered the annoying one to those who find her non-interesting.

I have to get off now but will post ASAP the Child part!!!!!!

Electric Hero

(Lightning) Lord
Years
Almost falling with each step I made, I reached a town. But it was still at the distance, I was still in an open field, not too away from the town possibly. Above me was just the beautiful sky, always blue, and with some little clouds. "I didn't think that this was going to be so difficult, no money...hungry, exhausted..." I said, with my last breath before falling on the ground and falling asleep. I woke up like in the afternoon, the sky was orange. I opened my eyes slowly, noticing that a girl was on ground too, but facing to the sky, staring at it.

I groaned, slowly getting up from the ground. The girl then quickly noticed me waking up, and she just let me to sit down on ground. "wow, you finally woke up!" she told me smiling... I was confused, why she was waiting for me to wake up?. "I'm sorry, who are you?" I asked her, she kept smiling at me, and quiclky changed topic! "are you hungry? I can see it in your face". She then gave me a chocolate bar, "here! you can eat this" she continued telling me and kept staring and smiling at me.

I opened the snack, and then looked at her, "why do give me this? and don't tell me because I'm hungry, why are you feeding a boy on an open field like this?" I asked her as I stood up. She was staring at the sky again, and I continued asking, "why do you trust a boy, all dirty, in the middle of this?! what if I'm a thief, a kidnapper or something?...". The girl kept staring at the sky, and told me "you're not someone bad, I can see it in your eyes" as she glanced at me, her eyes exactly looking at mine, and quiclky returned to keep staring at the sky. "can we be friends? pleaaaaaase!" she asked me looking at me with a big smile.

Kurosaki

Ookay then, this girl is odd... I thought to myself after hearing her answer. She wanted to be friends with a complete stranger? I got to my feet and examined her. She was dressed for the summer, wearing what seemed like a cream coloured shirt, only a different piece of clothing flowing over her shoulders, and down her back. It was white, and had red rims. She was also wearing a skirt in the same shade of red.

"So... How long were you standing there?" I asked her as I took a bite of the rice cake, now staring out at the ocean, just as she was.

"Since I found you yesterday afternoon!" She replied happily. I almost fell over in shock. She waited THAT long?

"What about your parents? Don't you think they're worried?" I asked, wondering why I cared at all. Maybe it was because she had waited for me to wake up for over 24 hours now.

"Gaou. My dad is barely home, so he doesn't notice, and my mom isn't here anymore." She replied. What was with this girl and weird noises? I watched as she turned to glance out at the ocean again.

~Ozy~

Years
I wolfed down the food they brought me in a matter of seconds. I didn't really care what it was, just that it was edible. That it was good food, and that it was yakitori, one of my favorites didn't quite matter. I felt rejuvenated, and within a short time was making my introductions. The mother was Michio Takahada, and the girl, Risa. After introducing myself, I said "Thanks to both of you, but I'm afraid your kindness is wasted. I'm broke and have no place to stay."

Michio gave me a considering look for a moment. I didn't quite notice, Risa's shirt seemed quite familiar. I was trying to remember where it came from when Michio said. I'm in need of someone to watch my daughter oftentimes. If you'd do so, well, we have a spare bedroom and I'm sure we can find room for four at our table." I had to think on the offer. For all of .00015 seconds.

As soon as that, I was clasping Michio's hand, saying "Thank you SOOOOO much, Mrs. Takahada. I swear, I'll take good care of her." Risa looked a little grumpy at this. I remembered how I'd felt when grown-ups talked over my head as a kid, so I squatted down, looked her in the eye, and said "Sorry. I didn't mean to ignore you like that." Just like that she seemed to cheer up and threw herself into a hug that nearly knocked me over. Laughing, I picked her up (she was a light little thing, too) and spun her around in the air.

Anacortes

absurdities..
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen May 9, 2010
After the four of us got home, the parents gave me a small lecture with Marilynne shivering behind me, about how to disipline her. If it was disipline at all, more like abuse. After they had left, Marilynne stood there in a small corner, like a servant would to their master. "What would you like me to do for you, Mistress?" She mumbled.

I sat down on the couch, and signaled her over. "Sit down, here, on that chair." She did not move to the chair, but sat on the ground instead. "Get up, the ground is dirty. Sit there, I order you!"

"I wouldn't dare sit on something only you and the masters can sit on, not someone worthless like me."

"Hey, what is your problem?" I said, forcing her to sit on the chair opposite of me. "Listen, I only did that to gain your parents' trust. There is only the two of us in this room, we can talk. I can help you. Just trust me."

"No, I won't do that. I have to respect you. You are higher than me in rank, and I am supposed to serve you. Can I get up from this now?" Was her silent reply.

"If there is no other way to say this, I am not Mistress Jenna, I am the runaway Aliya Kaine!" I pulled off my disguises, rags, and shoes. "See? You guys have signs all over the town looking for me. Now do you know?"

Marilynne pulled a yellow piece of paper out of her pocket, held it up to my face. "Oh my gosh it is you! Will you please help me? I hear you're an expert." She ran over to me, excited...

Kurosaki

"Well, I better go." I said to the girl as I got up, and began to walk away. "I need to find shelter before it gets completely dark." With that, I began to walk away, but found that she had latched onto my arm.

"You can come stay at my house!" she exclaimed, a tear falling in her right eye.

"But your dad.... He'd never allow it!"
"Like I said, he's barely ever home! At least come eat dinner, I'll cook!"

"Fine, fine." I said, lured in by the promise of food.

After a bit of walking, I found myself in the living room of a small house, kneeled in front of a table, slurping down noodles like it was the noodle grand prix!

Years
It was getting dark right now and the trees began to sway in a rather rough breeze. The rough path was jagged under her feet and were beginning to poke holes into the soles of her trainers and the particles of dust that were whipped from the road stung her eyes to the point of tears. The setting sun was now falling behind a set of tall hills and jagged mountains and a flock of black birds fled to the large oak trees.

She had gone around a week without proper food or any shelter and the water she had drank from public toilets and rivers was beginning to have an unpleasant effect on her stomach. How could she tell? Well one was the unpleasant sound it made every few seconds, a sort of rumbling sickly sound which sent chills through her body and made her crouch and breath deeply, focussing hard as not to let herself heave.

Yes, Rachel was not at her best, not at all. She had run away on account of her parents brake up, one in which they promised would never happen, but did. It had left her heartbroken and angry, forcing her to be pushed to extreme measures and run away. How stupid was she? She had left a cosy home, one in which provided her food and warmth, for a life of travelling on the road side and suffering from an unruly sickness.

She took deep breaths and shielded her eyes from another gust of wind which swept up the particles of sand and small stones and lowered her arm when the gust has passed. Yes, she knew she would look back on this tragic experience and laugh one day, but that was kept in till later, a time in which she would be safe and out of harms way. Then only problem was, that she feared that day would never come.

She dropped to the ground and ran a hand through her greasy and knotted hair before brining both hands to her face and digging the fingers into her eye sockets, trying to hold back the tears that threatened to fall. She sniffed loudly and looked at the houses that were scattered across the rather deserted land.

She let a small chuckle escape her lips ?This must be a place where all those snobs live. Out in the open, away from everything, ones that have the money to send their children to summer school?s and private school? She sighed ?Well, I would rather be one of those lot now. Inside, in the warmth and with their loved ones?

?Hello?

Her heart leapt from her chest and here eyes widened in horror. The small and fragile voice had startled her and she had only just caught herself from screaming around. She turned around sharply as much as one could on hands and knees only to find a small boy around 10 or 11 years old, peering down at her with a confused face.

She clutched her chest and lowered her head, eyes closed and a relived, but still startled look plastered upon her face. ?I?I thought? She stuttered ?I though, you, you were someone else? She raised her head to look at the huge orbs of the small boys and sighed in relief.

?Someone else?? The boy repeated ?Like who??

Rachel shrugged lightly ?I don?t know someone that would hurt me or worse. Haven?t you ever gotten that feeling before??

The boy shook his head, sleek bangs framing his face ?No, we hardly ever get anyone around these parts? He stated ?All those people are in the cities, the bad parts of the country?

Rachel bit her bottom lip and stood, looking down at the small frame of the boy ?What?s you?re name kid??

?Kioni? He answered simply ?What?s yours??

?Rachel? She said, crossing her arms over her chest.

?I like you? The boy stated, making Rachel?s brow crease ?We could be friends?

?Didn?t you?re mother ever tell you not to trust strangers?? She smiled lightly

The boy shook his head ?I know you aren?t bad, come on?

~Ozy~

Years
Mrs. Takahada looked a little impatient, so I set Risa down. She seemed happy, that was good. Mrs. Takahada clucked her tongue and walked off. I followed behind in silence, only pausing to glance down with a smile for Risa. She'd immediately attached herself to my arm once she was on the ground and didn't look ready to let go anytime soon.

I gaped when I saw the Takahada house. "Estate" might have fit it better, or perhaps "castle." The lawn lookes to be a mile square in immaculate condition. A gleaming red Bently sat in the driveway. The house itself stood four towering stories, a confection of windows, balconies, and who knew what else. I swallowed and said "Are you sure this is the right place?" Mrs. Takahada laughed and said "Yes." She handed me a key to the door and added that she needed to get back to her job.

As her mother departed towards the Bently, Risa skipped up towards the front door, singing a little nonsense song under her breath. It did me good to see that she hadn't yet lost that childlike quality that so many children her age did. Laughing, I unlocked the door and walked into the cavernous foyer. Risa giggled and said "Takai-nii-san, wanna see my room?" I laughed, and let her lead me away by the hand. Apparently, I'd already been nicknamed.

Electric Hero

(Lightning) Lord
Years
"Do you really want to be friends?" I asked her. She nodded, again with that big smile. "ok, so we're friends now" I said, and she nodded again. I noticed it was getting dark, and thought that possibly the dad or mom of this girl was worried about her. "well, I must go now, this is getting dark, and I don't even have a place to spend the night... you should go to your house, with your parents, they maybe are worried about you" I told her, as I started to walk to the town. "wait! you can come to my house!" she cried. I stopped, I was just going to enter that town.

I turned around and told her "what?! me? going to your house? maybe your parents wouldn't be happy for taking an stranger to the house". "They are never home, and besides, you're not an stranger, you're my friend!" she answered. My face was the reflection of what I was thinking, and I was going to say something, but she spoke first "c'mon! I'm sure my parents would accept you, and you will eat too! tonight, I'll cook! we will have a delicious dinner, and tomorrow morning, you'll meet my parents!". wow, this girl really likes to talk I thought, and I was going to still try to make this girl think it better, but then, my stomach roared as it heared the word 'dinner'.

I finished accepting to go to her house at the end. Wow, that city was really incredible. "so, what's your name?" I asked her in the way to her house. "I'm Mary! and what's yours?" she answered. "I'm Max" I replied while walking besides her. I glanced at her, and she was still smiling. Then, we stopped infront of a big palace, I mean house. "whoa! are you sure this is your house?" I told her. She nodded and unlocked the front door. "c'mon! get in!" she cried.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back