• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[PKMN FULL] Myths of Sinnoh (OOC/SU)

Years
    • Age 38
    • Seen Feb 24, 2024
    Giratina_Altered_Forme_v_3_by_Xous54.png
    MYTHS OF SINNOH
    Welcome to the vast and impressive region of Sinnoh! You are a young Pokémon trainer who lives in the town of Sandgem. For years, you have been anxiously awaiting the day when Professor Rowan, the region's foremost authority and researcher of Pokémon, would deem you worthy of receiving your first Pokémon and Pokédex, and at long last that day has finally arrived! All that the man asks you in return is to enjoy yourself and grow as you experience the journey you've been waiting for so long, and perhaps learn about the legends and myths that once surrounded the region.

Times are not that simple within Sinnoh, however. At one point, the region was rich in its vast history of legends and myths consisting Pokémon rumored to be capable of controlling the very fabric of time and space itself. Over time however, many people seemed to have let these legends fade into the past, choosing instead to embrace the future promised by a quickly growing company that appeared in Sinnoh known as Galactic Corporation. This corporation has made remarkable advances in technology among the region, including producing a vastly useful tool known as the Pokétech.

As the company became more powerful around Sinnoh, they began to build several towers and headquarters around the region. Oddly enough, many of these buildings have been established in or close to towns and cities which had ruins and statues of the forgotten legends of yesteryear... Could there be some sort of unknown reasoning behind this? Is there a connection between the Galactic Corporation and these memories of the past? Only time and maybe you, will tell...
    Currently, all spots are taken!​

HOW THE RP WORKS​
    Routes, towns, caves, and the like will all be presented as chapters throughout the story. In each chapter, you will be given a set of options about what you would like your trainer to do. Not interested in collecting the badges? Then you are not forced to. This way, you can shape your trainer into the character you want them to be without all of them falling into the same exact path. Every option/mission will yield a unique reward. This could be the chance to collect rare items or Pokémon that would otherwise not be catchable in the RP or maybe a unique item to help in pursuing a particular evolution you would like. Each chapter will also present a list of catchable Pokémon and setting descriptions.

If two or more trainers should undertake the same event for a chapter, then they are allowed and often encouraged to team up for it. This will encourage the all important and beloved factor of character interaction and development! If a joint-post/collaboration should be desired, then you can do so either through use of PMs or sites such as Etherpad and Titanpad. I would much rather either of these methods be done, as opposed to writing short IC posts. If controlling NPCs presented in the chapter are outside of your comfort zone, then the GM will be glad to do it for you. Just shoot me a PM or something of the sort.

Levels will be handed out by the GM once you finish an event. Levels are earned from descriptive battles, well-written posts relating to events along the way. Don't have time to write an entire event in one post? No worries. The determination will still be handled the same if you split it into several posts over time. Keep in mind however, that LEVELS ARE NOT EVERYTHING! They are merely a tool used for your Pokémon to learn new moves and evolve over time. Also, in the event that you have a Pokémon that would normally evolve through trading, I will allow them to evolve upon reaching level 36 - 40. This includes if they have to hold an item to do so. Each Pokémon may learn a maximum of six moves.

Want to catch a particular Pokémon on a route? Feel free. They do not require GM approval, in general. That said, I would prefer for a battle of sorts to take place or at least something better than your trainer lobbing a ball and catching it instantly because he or she is just that much of a badass. Also keep in mind that you can obtain Pokémon by trading with NPCs and players alike. Just keep in mind that in general NPCs will only offer Pokémon that have been available on previous routes and dungeons. The levels and abilities of wild Pokémon will be covered in the area descriptions at the start of each chapter.

Just a small, final note. This story is based in general on Diamond/Pearl/Platinum. That said, I am changing several angles of the story, certain towns and locations, NPCs, and the like.​

Starter Pokémon​
    The Pokémon you receive from Professor Rowan will all begin at level 6. When making your sign-up, be sure to reserve your desired starter as well what gender you would like them to be as well. Along with the moves they would normally know up to that level, one TM or Egg Move of your choice may be taught to them as well.

387.png
    390.png
    393.png

092.png
    280.png
    551.png

Turtwig​
    has been taken by Actshon!​
    Chimchar​
    has been taken by Albunnie!​
    Piplup​
    has been taken by Dragon!​
    Gastly​
    has been taken by Adventure!​
    Ralts​
    has been taken by WooliestSteam!​
    Sandile​
    has been taken by Raikiri!​

Rules​
    1. Be respectful of your fellow RPers.

2. This RP has a T-rating. There is no need to describe romance, battles, and the like any further than this rating would normally allow. You're free to write battles as you feel comfortable with, but keep in mind I envision them proceeding something similar to the way the anime does battles.

3. Follow the rules of both PC and the Roleplay Corner

4. Reservations are allowed, but they are only in place for one day. If you are serious about joining, then make a character you feel comfortable with being able to play as and make an effort to do so, that is fine. However, don't drag things out. If you have a viable reason for why you need more than one day, feel free to tell me via PM.

5. Do not attempt to join this RP if you do not like writing about Pokémon trainers or you aren't prepared to write on a regular basis! I'm not in anyway expecting daily posts, but keep in mind that most events will require you to write with others. It is not fair to leave them hanging for long periods of time. Trust me, I am familiar with this in several RPs.

6. If you actually made an attempt to read the rules and everything else in this intro post, make sure to place the phrase "Rainbow Badge" at the end of your sign-up.

7. Have fun. Because that's what RPing is all about. :D

Name: Your character's name name.

Age: How old your character be. I am looking for ages of 14-17.

Starter: What starter you would like from the list above, as well as their gender and an Egg Move or TM!

Appearance: What your character looks like. Their height, facial features, ect. Using a picture is perfectly acceptable, but I would like a written description of their physical make up as well.

Family: Who do you live with? How do you live?

Goals and Interests: What is your character striving to achieve on this grand adventure? What do they like to do in their spare time? Any hobbies?

Rival: Optional, but a potentially fun quirk. Does your character have anyone they view as a rival? Perhaps it is a family member... a childhood friend... It could even be another RPer's character (so long as it is discussed with them beforehand.) Write some history between your character and your determined rival.

Strengths: What is your character good at? What are the positive sides of their personality?

Weaknesses: Does your character have any fears? Is there anything they actually suck at completely? Some bad personality traits?

Roleplay Sample: This can either be a new post involving your character or a recent post from another RP that shows how you plan to write in this one.​

Accepted Player List​
    Selena - played by Albunnie

Clinton - played by Actshon

Robin - played by Dragon

Clara - played by Adventure

Isaac - played by Raikiri

Neil - played WooliestSteam

A super, special, awesome thanks to Adventure who not only gave me permission to set up an RP based on the style she has created, but gave me the final approval to set this up and served as a great inspiration in Crossroads. :3

Last edited:
    Years
    • Age 38
    • Seen Feb 24, 2024
    ZtJajJo.png

390.gif
    391.gif
    392.gif

Chimchar | Female | Fire Punch
    Selena Skye
    Age 16 | Female

Appearance: Selena stands at roughly about 5'7" in height with a slender body build. She keeps her dark, chocolate-brown hair short, reaching just to the base of her shoulders, with bangs that neatly frame the sides of her face. Her eyes are a piercing violet color. In terms of clothing, Selena tends to avoid wearing more girlish colors such as pink or purple, and instead favors darker colors such as black and red. She keeps most of her handy battling items and Pokéballs in a belt around her waist, while other traveling items are kept in a black backpack.

Family: Selena lives in Sandgem town with her mother and father. Her father works in Professor Rowan's lab as one of his aides, while her mother takes up employment in the local Pokémart. Her older brother, Nicholas, used to live with the family in their quaint, two-story house, however he left several years ago to begin his own Pokémon journey. Since then he has only made a few, occasional return trips back to visit the family, usually being too busy with his own life as a highly successful trainer.

Rival: If there is anyone that Selena considers a rival, it is definitely her older brother, Nicholas. Though being three years his younger, Selena always found herself more or less living in the boy's shadow. No matter what she attempted to do when growing up, it seemed that Nicholas was always able to do it just as well, or in most cases, even better. This left the girl with a sense of jealousy directed towards Nicholas and as time moved on, Selena began to find herself striving and desiring to finally find that one thing to surpass him in. She can absolutely find herself anxiously awaiting the moment when she'll finally be able to rub her success in Nicholas' face.

Goals and Interests: Simply put, Selena seeks to surpass her brother as a Pokémon trainer. When growing up, the one dream that both of them had shared was becoming one of the most famous and renown trainers within in the Sinnoh Region. Much as Selena had expected, that dream came almost naturally to Nicholas. While the boy has never actually defeated the region champion or the Elite 4, he has made several appearances in televised tournaments and even a few commercials for Pokémon-related prodcuts. Because of her childhood feelings towards the boy that still linger deep within her heart, the girl feels that taking his place, and defeating him handily in a Pokémon battle would be just the thing to set her career as a trainer ablaze.

Aside from just dreaming of surpassing and destroying her brother in a most humiliating manner, Selena does have a few interests on the side. For one, she loves going for jogs in the early morning hours, finding the experience to be a calming and useful method for bringing a sense of peace to her heart. She also has a spot for cute Pokémon... though she would never admit this last bit.

Strengths: If one thing in particular could be pointed out for Selena, she is one that is never willing to give up. Selena is a firm believer in there always being a possibility to overcome even the most difficult of challenges, and it is this belief that she carries around on a daily basis. She is also an extremely dedicated hard worker, believing that anything truly worth achieving or having requires it. Selena's attitude is a bit of a feisty one. She rarely allows anyone to walk all over her, and is more than willing to stand up for herself when others try to put her down.

Weaknesses: Selena is unfortunately not the easiest person to get along with. She unfortunately seems to suffer from a slight superiority complex when comparing herself to others, often assuming that relying on others will do nothing but hold her down in the long run. This also goes as far as calling it bad luck if one should manage to defeat her in a Pokémon battle, rather than complementing her opponets' skills as a trainer. It is also because of this that Selena has very few people that she is actually willing to and able to call friends. Her hot-headed attitude has also led her to get into several fights while younger, something that still continues on to this day. Selena is absolutely terrified of ghost-type Pokémon.

Last edited:

Legend

Kingslayer
    Years
  • For the time being, I'll poke in and reserve Sandile. Though, I can't promise I'll actually follow through. I'll let you know ASAP.

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    this just be some middle post don't mind it. SU not finished yet.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Age 38
    • Seen Feb 24, 2024
    Caaaan I reserve Piplup? o:

Dragon, you have been reserved with Piplup. That said, I have to admit I am a bit worried about this, as you have do have an unfortunate trend to just up and disappear from an RP after one or two posts. I do not mind holding a spot for you, because you make some interesting characters. I just hope you'll be able to stay active for this one. Sorry if I sounded offensive, as none of it was meant to sound that way.

Dragon

lover of milotics
    Years
  • Dragon, you have been reserved with Piplup. That said, I have to admit I am a bit worried about this, as you have do have an unfortunate trend to just up and disappear from an RP after one or two posts. I do not mind holding a spot for you, because you make some interesting characters. I just hope you'll be able to stay active for this one. Sorry if I sounded offensive, as none of it was meant to sound that way.

Oh, don't worry; I'm trying to break out of that habit~

Years
    • Age 38
    • Seen Feb 24, 2024
    Oh, don't worry; I'm trying to break out of that habit~

Hokay, then! I'm looking forward to seeing what you can come up with! And with that reservation, all available slots are temporarily closed for the time being. Remember guys, you all have a full 24 hours to come up with your sign-ups. If you haven't by then, then your reservation is opened back up. Also, if I reject the sign-up for lack of quality, keep in mind I can't in good judgement leave that slot reserved, in which case it becomes a first-come-first-serve scenario.

OG_Haunter

Lv 5
    Years
    • Seen Jul 18, 2014
    Name: Anthony Green

Starter: Turtwig, Male, Seed bomb

Appearance
    Spoiler:
    Anthony has glasses and a black fedora. He likes to wear a black suit and with a red-green spot tie, but he likes to wear it loosely; he'll carry a black leather messenger bag to carry his stuff. He wears black running shoes just so that it's easy for him to run. His hair color and eyes are the color black. Hair is a bit messy but that's why he wears his fedora, to cover it up but he shows his bangs. He is tall and a bit lean for his age. His height has to be around 5"7 to 5"8. He wieighs about 155 pounds.

Family: Anthony lives with his Mother and little Sister. They live in a two-story home at a town called Sandgem. The father passed away in the Great War in Kanto who was fighting along with Sgt.Surge. Anthony didn't really know his father except the stories his mother has told him about. His mother was supported by the people that knew Anthony's father. The mom now can pay for her family by working with the Professor as a researcher. Anthony's little sister is only one year behind. She helps restock items at the Pokemart and with helping the Pokemart his family gets a discount on groceries.

Goals and Interests: Anthony wants what every Pokemon trainer strives for, to be the VERY BEST. His hobby is to read and write. He would like to write his adventure and tell it to others what he has done what others might have not.

Rival: Me and tyler were talking about being rivals

Strengths: Anthony has the personality were most people would go to him for help and he would get the job done. He is a natural born leader.

Weaknesses: Anthony has the fear of making people doubt him. He would also get easily confused with emotional people, he doesn't really know how to handle it. Also Anthony can be quite the hypocrite.

Roleplay Sample: Will post up later

Other: I read the rules and by doing so i know about *looks around to make sure others won't listen and whispers* ... I have a Rainbow Badge

STILL A WORK IN PROGRESS

Legend

Kingslayer
    Years
  • So I saw that 24 warning and naturally I didn't get to really finish my SU, however I do have a gimmick to run with so if able I would like to finish the SU tonight (hopefully). I just have work and some things to take care of tonight first :/

Years
    • Age 38
    • Seen Feb 24, 2024
    So I saw that 24 warning and naturally I didn't get to really finish my SU, however I do have a gimmick to run with so if able I would like to finish the SU tonight (hopefully). I just have work and some things to take care of tonight first :/

I think that could be worked out, sure. Thanks in advance for the quick notice. :3

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    Jsyk I will try to finish my SU today but I'm kind of.. unwell atm. Crashed in bed after work, should have stayed home heh. Your soup would do me so good now bby ;;

Edit: "feel free to tell me via pm" oops. Oh well.

Years
    • Age 38
    • Seen Feb 24, 2024
    Jsyk I will try to finish my SU today but I'm kind of.. unwell atm. Crashed in bed after work, should have stayed home heh. Your soup would do me so good now bby ;;

Edit: "feel free to tell me via pm" oops. Oh well.

No worries! Sickness is a perfectly good reason to hold off. I'll get started on that soup.

Years
  • Name: Clinton "Clint" Webb

Appearance: Growing up as one of the shorter boys in his age group, Clint has recently sprouted over the last few years to get him a little over 5'7". He was a stocky, almost chubby, child but has thinned out nicely over his teenage years. Clint sports a military styled buzzed haircut, but when grown out his hair is dark brown with an auburn tint. His nose is slightly crooked but sits neatly in between his round brown eyes. Freckles surround his nose and cheeks and give off a boyish look, making him look younger than he really is. Clint wears a plain white t-shirt underneath a zip-up, short sleeved sweatshirt. The sweatshirt is a light grey with a dark purple hood and dark purple cuffs around the end of the sleeve and bottom of the sweatshirt near his waist. The jeans he wears are dark and slightly ripped underneath his knees. His running shoes are solid black with a dark purple outsole to match his sweatshirt.

Family: Clint lives in Sandgem Town with both of his parents. His father, Matthew Webb, makes the morning commute five days a week to Jubilife City to work his job as a sales associate at the Poketech Company. His mother, Jody, is a homemaker and takes care of Clint and his three other siblings. His older sister Clara is twenty-three years old and has moved out of the house and all the way to the region of Kanto to work as an intern at the Silph Company. One of his younger siblings, his sister Alice, is fourteen years old and still attends school, although she has recently hinted at wanting to go off on a Pokemon journey of her own soon. Clint's youngest sibling, his brother Bradley, is only nine years old but is already an amazing athlete, their father often mentions that if Bradley stays on this path they could be regular attendants at some professional sporting events.

Rival: Clint's childhood friend Troy left on his Pokemon adventure two years ago when he was sixteen years old and has already seen some relative success as a trainer. He managed to win six of the eight badges in the Sinnoh region. After that he traveled over to the Kanto region where he earned all eight of the badges but he got defeated in the first round of the Indigo Plateau tournament. Since then Troy's small time success has made him popular around Sandgem. Since he's already far behind Troy in terms of experience, Clint feels he needs to work especially hard to catch up.

Goals and Interests: Clint realizes that the chances of becoming a Pokemon master aren't great for him. That's not the reason he's going on his journey. Even though he loves watching competitive battling for fun it's never something Clint could see himself doing seriously. He has always wanted to catch and raise Pokemon however. His plans for this journey involve him meeting friends, creating strong bonds with his Pokemon, and if the competitive battling comes along with that and he's swept up into it then so be it, but if it doesn't it's not a big deal. He has already completed high school so he does have university to fall back on as a backup plan in case this whole trainer thing doesn't work itself out.

In high school Clint was a member of the cross country and track teams, both of which he enjoyed very much even though he wasn't the best runner. He enjoys all kinds of sports and loves watching the Pokemon league tournament matches. He even more so enjoys printing off the brackets from the internet and filling them out with his predictions on who is going to win each matchup. His parents even bought more T.V. channels so he could watch the battles from all of the regions from the comfort of his own couch. His favorite competitive battler to watch is Grimsley, a member of the Elite Four in the Unova region who uses all dark type Pokemon.

Strengths: Because of his time spent running in high school, Clint is in tip-top shape for his journey. Even though his parents would secretly prefer for him to go to university like his sister, Clint has a lot of support for going off on his own journey, which is helping Clint with what have been some confidence issues. He is a pleasant, quiet, young man and he never feels the need to be the center of attention. Even though he isn't exactly the person everyone wants to be around, no one dislikes being around him because he generally keeps to himself.

Weaknesses: Clint has had many problems in the past losing interest in certain things that he has attempted. Even though he is a huge competitive battling fan, he has no actual experience with Pokemon, but he is eager to try and figure things out. Rarely Clint acts introverted and wants to be by himself, which can make him miss opportunities he would've loved otherwise. Clint is also extremely claustrophobic, and he feels as if he can't breathe when he is in tightly enclosed spaces, even such as an elevator.

Roleplay Sample:

"Of all the sports I could've signed up for," Clint groaned. It was the first race of his cross country career and somehow he managed to get lost on a trail in the woods. "It's not going to be a long career at this rate," he thought to himself. He hadn't even been running that poorly, from what he had expected of himself. Sure he had been a little behind the rest of the runners but he was the slowest one on the team anyway, the only thing he had planned on doing was finishing the race and at this moment that seemed like a faint possibility. After passing a tall and sturdy elm tree for what seemed like the fourth time Clint stopped and the reality of his situation came down on him.

"What if the rest of the team leaves without me?" Clint asked himself. "They wouldn't do that would they?" Clint started running again, fearing the worst in his situation. This time he felt he was making progress and he might actually make it out of the trail and to the finish line. "Yeah, I'm going to take a left here, and a right here," Clint thought to himself as he was running frantically through the woods. He thought he was close to the exit until he passed by a familiar object.

"Not you again!" Clint shouted at the sturdy elm tree. He stopped running and slumped down underneath the tree and looked up. The sun was just about to set and soon darkness would take over the sky. Clint yawned and closed his eyes, he was exhausted from all of the running. "Maybe if I fall asleep now they will find my body someday." Just as all hope had been drained from him, Clint felt something climb up on his thigh. He opened his eyes to see a small, blue and black Pokemon with sharp yellow eyes and a yellow tail poking out from the back of its body. It stood on all fours and was teething at Clint's shorts.

"Hey quit that!" Clint yelled at it. The Pokemon looked up at him and turned around to jump off his thigh. The Pokemon looked back and ducked its head with its backend raised in the air and its tail shaking.

"I know what you are, you're a Shinx," Clint told it. "Well sorry pal, but I don't have any food. I'm actually a little lost." The Shinx stared at Clint with a titled head and came over and teethed at his hand, motioning for him to get up.
    "What do you think you can help me?" Clint asked the Shinx as he stood up. As soon as he said that the Shinx took off moving his little legs lightning quick. "Hey!" Clint yelled chasing after it. He managed to catch up but it was still ahead of him, jumping over rocks, and running underneath fallen trees. It only took the Shinx ten minutes to reach the trail's exit, something Clint hadn't been able to do in the last two hours.

"Uh thanks I guess," Clint said to the Shinx, and with his approval it sprinted back into the forest and out of sight. Clint ran out of the forest and past the finish line where his entire team had to stay behind and wait for him. They all gave a slow and awkward applause as he passed, and his coach came over to him.

"Clint, what took so long everyone finished almost two hours ago," his coach told him.

"Sorry I just got a little lost," Clint answered. He blushed but his face was barely visible due to the darkness of the night. A few of his teammates laughed at his answer, while others were upset that they were forced to wait for him. "It won't happen again I promise."

"Okay well get on the bus, we're all ready to go home," his coach said. Clint heard disappointment in his voice which made him upset, but he supposed that he would rather them have to wait a little bit than being stranded in that forest still.

______

Starter: Since they're all reserved I didn't know if I could join this RP but I would take any of the starters it's not a big deal for me. If the Ralts or Turtwig opens up, preferably: Turtwig/Male/Seed Bomb.

And of course, rainbow badge.

Also I used the trainer editor on deviantart to make someone that I think resembles the way I want Clint to look and be percieved as.​

Last edited:
    Back