• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Hello, everyone!

Years
    Hi, I'm Clare, and I'm new to the PC forums. I've loved Pokemon since I was I child, growing up watching the anime and dreaming of becoming a champion;) even though I never had any opportunity to play the games until very recently.

I haven't played X/Y yet, but soon my copy of Pokemon X will arrive and then I'll be able to participate in the 6th generation discussions too.

My favorite place in the Pokemon world is Ecruteak city... I just love how it resembles Kyoto and would gladly move there if I had opportunity. My favorite types are ghost, psychic and dark, and yes, my username is a play on words "Gastly" and "ghost".

Um, I don't want to bother you all by just talking about myself, but I'd love to make friends with people here. So please don't hesitate to talk to me and tell me about yourself too! I hope we'll all get along great!

Logical Cabbage

A Very Big Altaria Fan
    Years
    Don't feel like you're saying too much; this is the Welcome Lounge after all so this is all about the new users. The last thing any member in PC will tell you here is that you talk too much.

It's truly a shame you couldn't play pokemon before, but at least now you can. Ecruteak City is awesome in its own ways; it does resemble Kyoto after all. I used to love anime as a little child, but ever since Unova, I can only take so many episodes. Why doesn't Ash age? Why do Pikachu's level resets? Why did Team Rocket became smart? All these questions confounded me so I decided to stop watching anime. I watch some every now and then but it's not the same...

Anyway, the person who is talking too much is me, so I should halt now. Welcome to PC Clare and hopefully you enjoy your stay.

Last edited:

Dragon

lover of milotics
    Years
    Hiiii Clare! Pretty sweet name! Baw, when I was a kid, I had my own dreams of travelling through out the pokeuniverse, haha. The games were definitely close to that though! But yeah, I hope that you will enjoy the games, and welcome to PC. :3

Hooray for Ghosties too! Some of my favourites are the gastly family, Froslass, Chandulure, etc, etc; they're all pretty cute! Aw, Ecruteak is pretty epic! I love the Asian-esque theme they had on there! Plus the lore is pretty amusing, hehe.

But yeah, it's a pleasure to get to know you! I hope to see you soon, and if you need some help with the forums, I'm all here for ya! Feel free to send me a friend request if you want to too! We can become PC buds! And have a great weekend. <33

Years
    Thanks for the warm welcome, Logical Cabbage, Dragon!
    Don't feel like you're saying too much; this is the Welcome Lounge after all so this is all about the new users. The last thing any member in PC will tell you here is that you talk too much.

It's truly a shame you couldn't play pokemon before, but at least now you can. Ecruteak City is awesome in its own ways; it does resemble Kyoto after all. I used to love anime as a little child, but ever since Unova, I can only take so many episodes. Why doesn't Ash age? Why do Pikachu's level resets? Why did Team Rocket became smart? All these questions confounded me so I decided to stop watching anime. I watch some every now and then but it's not the same...
    Well, my parents never greed to buy me a gba or nintendo ds when I was a kid because they thought it would be wasted (lots of) money, but once I discovered ROMs I started playing as if I was a child, and since I saved up some money, I finally bought a console.
    I don't watch the anime anymore because, well, it stopped airing for some time in my country when I was a child, and now the characters that once were older than me and my role models seem just like children (which they are). And Pikachu should be probably level 100 by now... and despite we all know his species has horrible defense stats, it still should be a little stronger in battles (like, losing to a Snivy Ash's new rival just received from a prof? seriously?). Also, I tried to watch the Best Wishes series... but I so disliked N's VA, that I decided not to watch it xD His game trailer voice was much more fitting in my opinion.
    Hooray for Ghosties too! Some of my favourites are the gastly family, Froslass, Chandulure, etc, etc; they're all pretty cute! Aw, Ecruteak is pretty epic! I love the Asian-esque theme they had on there! Plus the lore is pretty amusing, hehe.

But yeah, it's a pleasure to get to know you! I hope to see you soon, and if you need some help with the forums, I'm all here for ya! Feel free to send me a friend request if you want to too! We can become PC buds! And have a great weekend. <33
    Yeah, I love the Gastly family most because of nostalgy, but to be honest most of ghost Pokemon are one of my favorite:P Like the Mismagius and Litwick evolutionary lines. And yeah, my favorite part of Japan (though I've never been there and only read about it) is Kyoto, and Ecruteak feels almost magical to me thanks to its reminiscence of that city. And I love the music used in that city, at least in gen IV.
    Thank you for your kind offer! I'll be sure to turn to you in case of any problems. Have a great weekend too!

Back