• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[C#] Pokemon Mystery Dungeon Toolkit

Years
    • Seen Jul 19, 2014
    This is a program currently in development. It's meant to serve several purposes:

-To serve as an engine fairly faithful to the original Pokemon Mystery Dungeon games.
    -To serve as an editing tool to create Pokemon Mystery Dungeon fan games.

Current Features:
    -Supports map creation
    -PMD-Style Sprite testing, easily assembled from http://www.spriters-resource.com/
    -Audio can play .ogg and .logg files, easily downloaded from http://www.brawlcustommusic.com/, They will loop as intended, much like in the real games.
    -The Pokedex is also implemented in the xml data files, although it's never used. It also has some bugs in it.
    -A turn-based Mystery Dungeon system is currently written in the code, although it's not apparent when using the tool in its current state.

Current objectives:
    -Properly handle Enemy Pokemon appearances.
    -Random Dungeons (The algorithm is actually in the code, but not used nor editable).
    -Moveset mechanics and creation.
    -Item mechanics and creation.

If you're interested in contributing to development, feel free to fork my Github at:

https://github.com/Sprinkoringo/PMD-Toolkit.git

Full sprite sheets of all 493 Pokemon, plus custom 5 and 6th gen sprites can be found at our dropbox (the github download contains only the first 150):

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/f4uro8xa...SNySa/Graphics/Sprites/Pokemon Sprites/Frames

This library is distributed under the MIT License.

DJTiki

top 3 most uninteresting microcelebrities
    Years
  • WHAT?! Holy crap sir, I am amazed that no one has replied. This seems like it'll be a great addition to the rom hacking community. Especially since this is Mystery Dungeon we are talking about. Love to see where this goes :)

Years
  • Oh gosh this sounds awesome. Idk how i didn't notice it before.

Wish i knew C# so i could help.

Best of luck! :)

Years
    • Seen Jun 18, 2016
    I would reaaaaally love to help, but i know literally nothing about C# =((

Good luck tho, looks like a really good project!

Years
    • Seen Jul 19, 2014
    Hey everyone, thanks for your support. I'm encouraging anyone to help with this, since I'm not the best programmer; I just have high ambitions to make something like you all do.

And yes, sorry. This is actually a standalone engine, not rom hack, just to clear that up.

Yes, there should be some skeleton battle code, specifically in Combat.cs

The audio bugs are a known issue. That system isn't fully optimized yet, as it does end up loading the whole song into memory to play it. I'm hoping to come up with a beter system for it but haven't had the time to do so. If someone more experienced in C# audio/openAL would like to volunteer with that, you're more than welcome to.

Also, I just updated the repository right now with a move maker tool, and attack animation testing.

Years
    • Seen Oct 9, 2020
    Hey there Sprinkles, I've recently checked your Github project and I would like to know if the project was ready to use already so that we could test it. I've tried downloading the installer I found on your group on Github but it didn't want to import the librairies. Do you have an installation tutorial with all the plugins needed to launch the tool (if any) ? Thanks for your answer.

Years
    • Seen Jan 20, 2020
    I know that this project is really old, but am wondering if it is still going to be updated. I would like to use the tool kit with more pokemon and am wondering if the dropbox link could be provided again.

Err... Forgot to mention I am considering volunteering my time for this cause. Knowing that all the PMD fans would enjoy the old 2D PMD style play. I think i could help refactor the dungeon generation. I am not a C# programmer but it won't take me long to learn the syntax. Honestly, I wish more people were into things of this sort.

Thankyou, MPZ

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Jan 20, 2020
    WHAT?! Holy crap sir, I am amazed that no one has replied. This seems like it'll be a great addition to the rom hacking community. Especially since this is Mystery Dungeon we are talking about. Love to see where this goes :)

Yo, have you downloaded the toolkit before? If so do you have any of the sprites from the dropbox?

Thanks m8

Years
    • Seen Sep 1, 2020
    Would love to know more about this and if there's anywhere the custom sprites can still be downloaded since the dropbox link no longer works. Any news?

Back