• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Making spinner tiles

hanswurst1999

The Slow Bro
    Years
    Hi there,
    does somebody have a script for spinner tiles?

EDIT:
    And it works!
    In the end it was pretty easy to do.
    You need one spincharset for every character where he has his standing animations only.
    Then you set the move route like this:
    Spoiler:

Don't forget to set the event trigger to on event touch.
    So this is my version. Any improvements?

Last edited:
    Years
    You can make them with the Event Command "Set Move Route". Make 4 sprite sheets that only face one direction and have 0 walking animations then keep changing the graphic while the player moves.

Last edited:
    Years
    Okay.
    I'll have to use the spin x° command.
    Or is there a trick to it?
    Btw: thanks for your response

You posted right when i edited my post haha. Use "Move (Direction)" and change players graphic with "Change Graphic"to whatever direction you want to face every time the player moves(you will probably need 4 sprite sheets that only face one direction like i said in the edited post).

Years
    You posted right when i edited my post haha. Use "Move (Direction)" and change players graphic with "Change Graphic"to whatever direction you want to face every time the player moves(you will probably need 4 sprite sheets that only face one direction like i said in the edited post).

You don't have to use Change Graphic, you can simply use "Turn Right" or whichever direction.

Years
    Won't "Move (Direction)" commands make the characters walk into that direction then?

Yes it does, but it also makes the graphic appear to be stepping, whereas you'll notice the spinning tiles the graphic remains stationary (besides the spinning). I'd look at how the ice tiles operate, it'll be something to that effect.

Back