• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Perfect Rival

Wobbu

bunger bunger bunger bunger
Years
  • If you were given the opportunity to create your own rival(s), how would you create them? Would they be Ash's rival or someone else's rival? What type of personality would they have? How would they look? What traits of theirs would make them unique and memorable?

Please discuss your own version of a rival and share your thoughts about other members' creations. Do not discuss existing rivals unless you're using one of their traits to help describe your own character.

Years
    • Seen Nov 13, 2019
    If you were given the opportunity to create your own rival(s), how would you create them? Would they be Ash's rival or someone else's rival? What type of personality would they have? How would they look? What traits of theirs would make them unique and memorable?

Please discuss your own version of a rival and share your thoughts about other members' creations. Do not discuss existing rivals unless you're using one of their traits to help describe your own character.

The perfect rival depend on what you believe to be the most important requirement in them !
    For example , ''Best Wishs'' Writer believe Perfect Rival just need to be Superior then Ash.
    That Why they created trash like Trip & Cameron !
    They had 0 dynamic chemistry with Ash and a Forced superiority.
    Even Gary who hardly reveal any Pokemon in Kanto series was better then them.
    I believe Perfect Rival need an Effective role & A Dynamic Chemistry with the Protagonist.
    For Example Seto Kaida (Yugioh) never able to beat Yugi/Atem but he is still one of the most Popular rival in Anime .
    That's Why My Rival idea focus on --

--1) Their chemistry with Ash .

--2) Their Effective role in defeating Team Flare.

I never said anything about they battling or beating Ash Because A Perfect rival does not need to beat Ash to prove He'/She is a strong rival.
    Only Trash like Trip & Cameron needs that .

Last edited:

KorpiklaaniVodka

KID BUU PAWAA
    Years
  • >Cameron is trash

The Perfect Rival

Anyway, Paul is pretty much the "perfect" rival for Ash, but he should actually care about his Pokemon and be more sociable.

Wobbu

Years
  • Hey guys, remember that this thread is for creating your own rival(s) and not talking about existing rivals or changing qualities about them.

I'd like a rival for Clemont. Someone who also values science and is really good at battling. Someone who uses Ground type Pokémon because Clemont seems to be more suited to Electric types (he owns a Heliolisk, Magneton, and technically a Dedenne). Clemont's rival would be a girl, and Bonnie would always ask her to marry Clemont, which would be funny because Clemont would not like anything about her. She would have a personality similar to Mary from Take the Lombre Home!

Years
    • Seen Nov 13, 2019
    Here is My Idea-

-A beautiful Red hair Ponytail Girl as Ash's rival who has a Mega Blaziken. She often argue with Ash but its implied both she & Ash respect each other But Too stubborn to admit it.

-A handsome Silver hair Sarcastic Boy as Ash rival who has a Mega Swarpert! He admit Ash's skill But believe Ash let his emotion get in his way.

-A Beautiful But cold Rich girl as Ash's rival who affected by her parent's Divorce & neglectfulness

- A Rich kid who fall in love with Serena at first sight and often tries to use his wealth of impress her .He hate Ash even though Ash totally oblivious about it. He based on Susano From Doreamon.

- A Muscular Boy as Ash's rival who usually scared people with his Loud Personality despite having a kind heart. He's based on Jian from Doreamon .

Hey guys, remember that this thread is for creating your own rival(s) and not talking about existing rivals or changing qualities about them.

I'd like a rival for Clemont. Someone who also values science and is really good at battling. Someone who uses Ground type Pokémon because Clemont seems to be more suited to Electric types (he owns a Heliolisk, Magneton, and technically a Dedenne). Clemont's rival would be a girl, and Bonnie would always ask her to marry Clemont, which would be funny because Clemont would not like anything about her. She would have a personality similar to Mary from Take the Lombre Home!

I have a opposite view !
    I believe Clemont rival should be someone who believe in Supernatural stuff like Ghost & Magic ! Like Hex manic.
    A girl like that would be perfect rival for Clemont .
    She often Argue with Clemont due to their difference in Believe .
    And Sometime they compete to prove their theroy
    Basically Their rivalry is Science Vs Magic .

Wobbu

Years
  • I have a opposite view !
    I believe Clemont rival should be someone who believe in Supernatural stuff like Ghost & Magic ! Like Hex manic.
    A girl like that would be perfect rival for Clemont .
    She often Argue with Clemont due to their difference in Believe .
    And Sometime they compete to prove their theroy
    Basically Their rivalry is Science Vs Magic .

That could also work, but I'd prefer someone who shares his interests because they would always be one step ahead of him in innovation and battling, which would drive Clemont to become both a better Trainer and scientist. Your rival seems like someone who would only to drive him to be a better Trainer.

Years
    • Seen Nov 13, 2019
    I never explain the personality of the rival in my Post ! Am I ?
    Here it it -

--Red hair girl has pretty much the same personality as Mirror Serena Or Chitoge (Nisekoi) accept she's even more energetic.
    Her first encounter with Ash will be when She was jumping off a wall and accidentally kick Ash on the face who was rushing to his next gym . Then She run off without a Apology .
    She later meet Ash & he demand an Apology which lead to a big argument .
    Unlike Angie , she didn't become friend so easily ! You can say that Both She & Ash respect each other but their stubbornness stop them from being Friends.
    She's good at Martial Art which she learned from her Grandfather.
    She look like this in my imagination
    - Kyoko Sakura
    Spoiler:

-Sliver Hair Boy ! He's both Friendly & Unfriendly .
    He keeps a Friendly gester But taunts Ash every chance he get !

He acknowledge Ash's skill But he believe Ash would be even more stronger if he stop letting emotion get in the way.
    His hobby is Surfing which caused him to have Tanned Skin.
    He look like this in my Imagination - Axel Blaze
    Spoiler:

-Rich girl Rival ! She represent Children who are neglected by their parent and pushed to achieve their dream.
    She happen to be famous Pokemon performer trying to suppress Diantha to fulfill her parent's expectation.
    She look like a Beautiful , Sweet & Graceful girl But she actually a Sadist who like to torment other .
    She chose Ash's group Because she was jealous of their friendship & Freedom !
    2 thing she didn't had !
    However When Ash understood her , He found a way to help her and became her first friend .

- The Muscular rival is based on Jian (Doreamon) !
    He's loud personality often scar people like Clemont however he does have a kind side.
    Ash & Bonnie were 2 people that will be unafraid of him and befriend him.
    He also has a little sister he dots on ! However she find her brother's affection disgusting and often use harsh word to crash him.

--The Rich boy rival based on Susano (Doreamon). He fall in love with Serena at first sight and often show off his wealth to impress her.
    He despise Ash & Clemont for being close to Serena and often tries to intimidate them.
    Clemont aware of this But Ash is too dense to notice his hate and believe his threat to be ''Trash-talk'' of a regular rival.

jfuze174

Elite Trainer Joey
    Years
  • How bout making a rival whos also a villian in the regional villian team
    think about it somebody in team flare but hes also collecting badges and every team flare episode they have him and ash squaring off then when it gets to the pokemon league the rival could catch a legend and sweep through the league like tobias to only face off against ash in the finals and it gives ash a reason to win the league because if he loses its the end of the world and if it does lead to ash losing maybe theyll do one of those mushy we learned a lesson and im no longer evil storyline

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    If it were up to me, I'd create a rival for Brock, who would be sharing similar personality traits--falling in love with almost each and every women in sight, for example. This could help fuel their rivalry quite a ton, I feel, as they would always be competing against each other to show who loves a particular woman the most. When it comes to these things, I believe these are what makes more sense; a good reason as to why there's rivalry going on among people.

I could imagine there to be an entire episode focusing on Brock and his rival, with them challenging each other to a Pokémon battle at the end to prove who's more worthy and whatnot.

Years
    • Seen Nov 13, 2019
    A Mysterious rival with closed eye and perfect gentleman personality.
    However whenever he's serious , He open his eye and reveal a more Darker , Colder and Sinster personality !
    So it cause you to wonder , Is he a good guy Or a Bad guy.

jfuze174

Elite Trainer Joey
    Years
  • A Mysterious rival with closed eye and perfect gentleman personality.
    However whenever he's serious , He open his eye and reveal a more Darker , Colder and Sinster personality !
    So it cause you to wonder , Is he a good guy Or a Bad guy.

Thats what im saying make him be part of the regional evil team but for a season or two (since most gen episodes last three seasons atleast) he could look like a good guy collecting badges along side ash then towards the last two gyms he reveals his true colors and since hes also collecting gym badges if ash doesnt beat him in the tournament it could be the end of the world

Years
    • Seen Nov 13, 2019
    I would like a Cute Female Rival who want to hate Ash But keep on falling for him .

Also , I believe Aria would be better as Ash's Rival.
    The Kalo queen who trying to take over Diantha place as Kalo's biggest start by becoming E4 Champion herself , Now that's more interesting .
    Plus , Ash should have a rival with Braxian .

Thats what im saying make him be part of the regional evil team but for a season or two (since most gen episodes last three seasons atleast) he could look like a good guy collecting badges along side ash then towards the last two gyms he reveals his true colors and since hes also collecting gym badges if ash doesnt beat him in the tournament it could be the end of the world

Your are talking about an Antihero !
    N could be like that But BW writer prefer N to be harmless guy who specialty is getting his ass-kicked by other people pokemon and being saved by other trainer.

Last edited:

jfuze174

Elite Trainer Joey
    Years
  • I would like a Cute Female Rival who want to hate Ash But keep on falling for him .

Also , I believe Aria would be better as Ash's Rival.
    The Kalo queen who trying to take over Diantha place as Kalo's biggest start by becoming E4 Champion herself , Now that's more interesting .
    Plus , Ash should have a rival with Braxian .

Your are talking about an Antihero !
    N could be like that But BW writer prefer N to be harmless guy who specialty is getting his ass-kicked by other people pokemon and being saved by other trainer.

Not even a antihero this guy could be pure evil a complete snake in the grass who would use anything or anyone to become Regional Champ . Im talking about for a season or two this guy looks like any old rival that comes on the show then by the time we get close the the league he betrays Ash and co. and reveals hes on W.e Evil team in that region then when the legend of the Gen gets captured by the evil team The RIval betrays the evil team too just to keep the legend so that he could beat the pokemon league and take over the world with only one man to stop him Ash and his Pikachu

I do agree with you though they should of did it with N, imagine N with Reshriam in a final battle in the pokemon league with ash and zekrom or atleast pikachu with an zekrom thunder boost

Years
    • Seen Nov 13, 2019
    Not even a antihero this guy could be pure evil a complete snake in the grass who would use anything or anyone to become Regional Champ . Im talking about for a season or two this guy looks like any old rival that comes on the show then by the time we get close the the league he betrays Ash and co. and reveals hes on W.e Evil team in that region then when the legend of the Gen gets captured by the evil team The RIval betrays the evil team too just to keep the legend so that he could beat the pokemon league and take over the world with only one man to stop him Ash and his Pikachu

I do agree with you though they should of did it with N, imagine N with Reshriam in a final battle in the pokemon league with ash and zekrom or atleast pikachu with an zekrom thunder boost

For that , The Evil team would need a plan that require them to win the Pokemon League.
    However , Pokemon League isn't the Tournament of strongest trainer in the region ! Its just a Qualifying Tournament.
    The Tournament of Strongest trainer in region is call the "Champion League".
    Remember In DP , Lucian first appear in champion League fighting an Random trainer on TV ! Both Dawn & Brock called it the Champion League.
    So You have to wait until Ash actually win Pokemon League and qualify for Champion League .

Currently , I think Aria should be Ash's rival .
    I mean , Ash should have 2 rival with Braixen & Quilladin by now .

Years
    • Seen Jun 7, 2016
    Serena could've been the perfect rival. Serena was the main rival in the games(assuming player chose Calem), so that in itself would've made perfect sense. After 3 main recurring rivals in the anime being guys with bad attitudes, it would've been refreshing to see a main, recurring rival be competitive while helpful at times when needed. The writers still could've put their amourshipping in, and I could see it succeeding better than it is right now.

Years
    • Seen Nov 13, 2019
    2 Thing --

--1) A Cold Lone Wolf type rival like Paul.

--2) However He & Ash will argue comically like Naruto & Sasuke .

--3) In other word , He & Ash will argue all the time But they will also respect each other and have a great Friendship.

Thats What I look forward too !!!

Years
    • Seen Nov 13, 2019
    Why not? Conceptually, they're really good characters. They just need better writing behind them. But mainly I was thinking Bel, Kenyan, Cabernet, Langley, and Luke~

Good Character ???

--Trip is a Rip off of '''Lone Wolf'' character such as Alain & Paul .

--Cameron just a better looking version of Morrison .

Both of them are Trash that got Haxed & favored by the Writers/Director!!!
    They didn't even deserve the thing they gained but they had the ''Infinite Love'' of the Writer/Director behind their back So Ash's couldn't do anything against that .
    Kenyan is just a plain chubby/Muscular guy while Both Cabernet & Langley are based on Ursula,
    And The Last thing this series need is another ''Airhead or Rookie'' Female rival like Bianca.
    Its time for a Serious Female rival Such as Rika Nonoka.
    I mean , Doesn't it hurt You as a Girl that Pokemon hardly had any Serious female challenger ? All of them is ether A Rookie or Some Airhead Comic Relief.

Rika Nonoka is an arrogant Spoiled ''Lone Wolf'' who's obsessed with becoming the ''Strongest Digimon Tamer'' and claim to hate Digimon. However later She open up and admit her love of Her Digimon.
    Pokemon need that type of Rival That has issues and need the main Character for their development .
    Truth is , BW Rival are just the ''Worst Version'' of some previous Rival that appeared in the show (Paul , Ursula , Morrison & Alan).
    So , When You ask for BW rival , You asking for another ''Lone Wolf Rookie'' that suppress Ash's 5 year work in 3 month Or A idiot who beat Ash without a 6th Pokemon cause he has a Pokemon like Lucario.

Last edited:
    Back