• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Demon Pact (IC)[M]

Years
    • Seen Jan 31, 2023

OOC Stuff:
    Spoiler:

| Dayven Welters |
    Vestria City
    His Apartment

Dayven lay down on the couch, staring blankly at the television set in front of him.

…Police are urging people to make sure they stay in groups when wandering at night. After the recent kidnappings, they advise you don't go out all if you can help it, and like said before, make sure you stay in a group for safety. That's all for the evening news, and stay – "

Dayven pressed the little button on the remote, shutting off the TV. It was always the same thing on the news. One bad thing after another. There was never anything even remotely happy or cheery, but he had assumed it was because most people, including himself, didn't exactly care for the news unless it had to do with him. In today's case, it would be prove to beneficial. "Hmmm…" He mumbled to himself. He rolled over on the couch, lying on his back, and stared at the white ceiling above him. The Night Realm… He reminisced that awful place he visited months ago. Surely having the demon around wasn't that bad, as he only had to see its ugly face when he called it out. Otherwise, he didn't feel any different than before he 'died'. Sometimes he thought about what would have happened if he chose not to sign the contract, but he knew he couldn't do that. He had to be here to take care of his mother and sister. Plus, he was still young, and there was more he wanted to do with his life than simply earning a living with his past criminal ways.

Knock! Knock!

Suddenly, two hard knocks hit his front apartment door. Startled, Dayven nearly fell off his couch. "What the…?" He sat upright on his couch, staring at the door. The way the knocks hit his door didn't seem normal. It was aggressive and rushed, almost like someone wanted to get in urgently. "Uhhh….C-Coming!" He stuttered, as he slowly got up and approached the door, with a few more aggressive knocks beating against the wood door. "I'm opening it, calm down!" Dayven snapped back, grabbing the door knob and twisting it, unlocking the door. Whipping it open, Dayven looked at the perpetrator, and nearly jumped back. There in front of him, stood a tall figure, covered in a black, hooded cloak. His face was covered with a white mask, but the scary part about it, was that the mask was simply just a plain white mask, without any slits for eyes, or mouth slits either for that matter. Closing the door a bit, Dayven peeked through the side. "Can…I help you s-something?" He stuttered once again, with a hint of fear in his voice. Looking at the figure, it was standing still, only moving slightly from the movement of breathing.

"Open..only tonight. At midnight." The hooded figure raised his hands, as he held out a manila envelope at Dayven. He looked at the figure confusingly, obviously hesitant at taking the envelope. "It's about you and your demon….Open this tonight at midnight…and you'll never see me again." The figure was 'staring' directly at Dayven, who slowly grabbed the envelope from the figure's hands. He knows about my demon? Dayven didn't understand exactly was going on, but if what the figure was saying was true, then he certainly did not want to see him again either. Dayven swiped the parchment, and stood behind the door, closing it a bit, until he saw the figure give a slight nod and walk away, down the hall of his apartment.​

IggyKoopa

#429: magical pokémon
    Years
  • Isaiah Parris
    The Dorm Room
    Vestria University

"No, that still doesn't look right..."

I adjust my monitor once more and scoot back on my office chair, squinting at the setup. For ten minutes now I've been trying to get my laptop and another monitor in good positions with what little desk space I'm given, and it's really starting to get on my nerves. I move closer again and move the monitor further to the right, then wheel myself back.

Then I hear a knock on my door. It's not the knock of anyone I know; I would have recognized how they knock. Regardless, I'm the only one around, so I get up and answer the door.

...And the person on the other side is apparently the Grim Reaper. Great. I thought the weird crap was gonna be over after I met my little birdy-friend.

I glare at my visitor; no need for politeness when I don't want his presence here.

"Open this..." he says, handing me a manila envelope, "At midnight."

However, I had a more pressing question on my mind: "How did you get in here?"

"That is irrelevant. Take this."

"And...?"

"Its contents with inform you further. Open it tonight at midnight and you will never see me again."

I get the feeling I would be going deeper into the rabbit hole if I do take the envelope, but I really don't want to be harassed by this guy, so I swipe it away from him and shut the door in his face before he can bid me any kind of spooky and clichéd farewell.

Letting out a deep sigh, I sit back down on my chair and inspect the folder for a few moments. Then:

"Aquila."

With my word, my birdlike demon is summoned in front of me. He seems mildly curious about the envelope.

"So..." I begin saying, fully aware that Aquila can't respond, "I guess we're going deeper into this, huh..." Aquila makes a few noises in response. "Hmm," I go on. "I wonder what's in this thing..." I ponder a few options of what it could be in my head.

Then I get distracted.

"By the way," I suddenly start, jumping to my feet and motioning toward the desk with the two screens on it, "Does this setup look right to you?" Aquila hops up onto the desk and 'says' something else.

"Yeah," I respond, knowingly oblivious to what he really did say, "I thought so too. I'll see if I can change it a bit."​

Logical Cabbage

A Very Big Altaria Fan
    Years
  • Herra Granite Millium
    In The Library
    Vestria University

As more and more people left the library to turn in for the night, I continued to bury myself in the book I was reading. I needed to totally study for the exam tomorrow. It's not like I'm failing or anything, but old habits do die hard after all. I have to admit, life in Vestria City hasn't been all that bad. I mean the university is actually great, and everything has been normal. Sure my aunt and uncle forced me to get a job for my studies, but life has been not at all crappy. And to think I once regretted my choice in the Night-

"Excuse me miss. I'm about to close the library and..."

"I know, I know."

The librarian ushered me out of the door and closed the lights as I walked down to the sidewalk from the stairs. Evening has just started right now and as I pass a glass building, I can see my reflection. After my classes I go to work and come here to the library to kill time before going back to my dorm. So it's only natural that my brown hair is a mess and my waitress uniform from the restaurant is still on me. I sigh. As I continue walking, my thoughts abruptly go to the Night Realm. I shiver. Even after all this time that place has given me the creeps.

There's hardly anyone out here, just some people who barely came back with food or couples who feel like making out near the fountain. I'm still a Freshman so this display of affection will be a lot to get used to. It's not like I'm envious of them anyway; relationships have seemed pretty silly anyway. As a cool breeze passes by my and I close my eyes and let myself get absorbed by them. After seconds later, I open my eyes and I stumbled backwards as I see a figure appear in front of me.

The figure is a tall man with a very dark hoody that purposefully served as I hidden cloak. He had on a pure white mask that covered his face, and in his hands he held an envelope. But that's not what made me reel back; it was that when I tried looking into his eyes, I saw nothing. Just nothing at all. I really don't know how to explain it at all.

"Excuse you mister," I say as I try to keep my voice steady.

All of a sudden, I feel a sensation in me and I feel a rough hand in my shoulder. So Lev finally decided to show up. Still, the stranger in front of me has lost his focus on me and had turned towards Leviathan. I highly doubt he sees him anyway.

"Take this, and don't open it until midnight," he says in an odd creepy, evil, and mono toned voice.

He chuckles slightly and swings his tail around. I know what that means. Sure mister, sure. So what torture would you like? I roll my eyes. The stranger hands me the envelope, which I refused to get a hold of.

"Why should I get this from you? For all I know, this could be a trap or something."

"Just take it."

"No."

Challenging him may not be wise, but I still don't want to trust any type of stranger. Especially one who's face I can't see. All that's missing is him chasing me in a chainsaw and this would be the perfect horror movie. I should run, but my feet are planted.

"Take it unless you want me to follow you and your demon for the rest of your life left here."

I roll my eyes again. The last thing I want is him to follow me. As in following me everywhere. That is certainly a creepy thought. It's more shocking he knows about my demon, but I push that thought aside.

"Take it," he says, "And you will never see me again."

"Fine," I say, obviously giving in.

"Remember, open it at midnight. No earlier, no later."

I look down at me newly given envelope. Definitely creepy. As I look back up, the creepy stranger has disappeared. I shudder. Levi in the other hand seems relieved and shakes his tail once more. At midnight then. I shake my head and continue on towards my destination to the dorms.

Years
  • Allison Crane
    Vestria City

Allison leans back against the wall, catching her breath. She had been running, had run all the way back to her apartment, and was feeling exhausted. She doesn't know why, but she's had a bad feeling all day, like something was going to happen. Running was a good way to clear her mind, but even now she just feels tired. Tired and nervous.

She goes inside the old building, taking the stairs only one at a time. She stops at the top, looking back down at the base of the stairwell. She thought she heard a "whoosh", but nothing's there. She turns back to climb the stairs again, but someone is already there. Or rather, something.

She gasps in fright, obviously not expecting a hooded Slenderman to be just standing there. In her fright, she stumbles back, tripping and falling down the stairs. Or she would have, if Leatherhead hadn't summoned himself to catch her. She sighs in relief, but is angry at the hooded thing. "Alright, last time a mysterious masked man showed up in my life, it had something to do with the Night Realm. I know you guys aren't big on talking, but what do you want?"

The figure simply hands her an envelope, but doesn't let go just yet. "Open it... at midnight. No sooner, no later. We will not meet again." He releases the envelope, then simply vanishes. No lights, no sound, not even a flutter of his cape. He is just not there anymore.

Allison stares at the spot where the thing was, glancing back at her demon. "Well at least that wasn't creepy or anything. That a friend of yours? You guys go mask shopping together?" Leatherhead simply groans, following her up the stairs. He could summon himself, but he tended to stick around after that unless she specifically sent him away. "Get back in my skull. I need to think, and I don't need you standing over me."

She wanders down the ancient hallway, to her apartment at the end. She lies down on her bed, touching the envelope. She goes to open it, but it tingles at her fingertips, promising a painful shock if she doesn't have patience. She huffs out an annoyed breath, staring at her clock and waiting for midnight.

タイラー

Stress
    Years
    • Seen Dec 18, 2014
    Steven McEvens
    Vestria City

The past month had been tough on Steven. He had a hard time juggling his job, he had a small red demon bird, and if he figured correctly, he should be dead. Not to mention the illusive "Night Realm". He can't be too unhappy; it did save his life. Having nothing better to do, he plopped on the couch and turned on the TV. The news was on

…Police are urging people to make sure they stay in groups when wandering at night. After the recent kidnappings, they advise you don't go out all if you can help it, and like said before, make sure you stay in a group for safety. That's all for the evening news, and stay safe out there,"

Already annoyed, Steven muted the TV. To his left, the demon bird, Ikaros, was sitting patiently, staring blankly at the TV. He knew he could retract Ikaros into him, but it made him feel uncomfortable, having something besides his organs inside him. Checking the time, Steve got up and got ready for work. Due to the shortness of the chain that effectively bound the kiwi to Steve, Ikaros was always right behind him. Prepared to work, Steven headed to work.

Once he got to the crosswalk that was the setting of his demise, he was especially careful looking. Walking across, no car came to hit him, sadly the same can't be said for Ikaros. As Steven looked back, he watched as the bird was crushed by a car. As he recoiled, he looked away, thinking the poor thing that he had grown fond of was gone. Until of course it came to his side and pecked him. "You dang near gave me a heart attack!" He exclaimed, warrenting weird looks from the passerbys.

Thankful for Ikaros's safety, Steve walked into the café, just to get shoved out. About to complain to the culprit, he looked up and saw a cloaked figure. He took a step back to examine the tall figure. The person gave Steve a letter, and ran off, leaving Steve confused.

Years
    • Seen Nov 17, 2018

Robin Neal
    Dipper Cafe, Vestria City

"...Police are urging people to make sure they stay in groups when wandering at night. After the recent kidnappings, they advise you don't go out at all if you can help it, and like said before, make sure you stay in a group for safety. That's all for the evening news, and stay - " The evening news report was finishing up in the Dipper Cafe, where the establishment was starting to close up for the day. Robin worked on sweeping the floor, while simultaneously listening to both the Tv, and his sister pouring up a drink for one last customer.

A beat passed within him that he didn't acknowledge, although he knew exactly what it was for. He wanted to sigh at how strange things had been lately in the city, excluding his second visit to that strange place, and finding out that the red creature that followed him, was a demon named Masato. No, it might have been surprising to some people, if he was actually insane enough to admit it to anyone else, but he hadn't really thought about that incident at all. There was nothing for him to question about it, just that he should accept it.

While he did know he wanted to let out a sigh for the recent troubles, Robin wouldn't actually dare to do such a thing. It would only bring worry from his sister, which he wouldn't want for her, and it wasn't like he wasn't used to things being bad for him. These recent kidnappings only meant for him to be more careful, which was something he always tried to do when interacting with anything at all. And it wasn't like he was really alone when he went outside anymore. Masato somehow could rest inside of him, and could be called out if he needed it.

Not that he would really summon a demon, if he could really help it. It would be embarrassing for him, and would attract more attention than he needed, since no one else could really see the red demon. The lack of sound from both a Tv playing, and his sister pouring, made Robin finally look up from his work, where he eyed the customer that had came in a bit before they were going to decide to close up for the day. It was another new person, one with cropped blonde hair which was spiked up, and sea-green eyes.

Despite the way the young male had stylized his hair, Robin didn't really think he was as bad as some of the other new customers. His eyes didn't have a coldness to them, and attire, which consisted of ripped sleeves, was still neat and presentable. What separated this one from the others, was that he wasn't trying to be a future suitor for his sister. Although that didn't mean the young man was shy like he was. At least, from what he could tell, since the boy had arrived.

The younger blonde male had accepted the foam cup from his sister, who had thanked him for his service, something that Robin himself had repeated as well. As the boy had headed towards the door, Robin had followed after him, since he needed to lock the place up for the night. "Please be careful out there." He bowed to the blonde who walked out the door, and had waved his hand dismissively, telling Robin he didn't have to worry, after thanking him for the concern. Another beat had passed within him, as he started to close the door.

There was a feeling within him he couldn't pinpoint, but there wasn't really a chance for him to think about it, before a hooded figure appeared at the door. His eyes showed surprise within them, and considering recent news, could he really be blamed for it? The figure at the door towered over him, but it certainly wasn't the height of his demon. It's face was covered with a white mask, the strangest part about it, was the lack of slit for eyes, as well as the mouth. "Robin, who is it?" He heard his sister ask him, likely still at the counter.

The figure had pulled out a manila envelope when the question was asked, before unexpectedly, but quietly, telling him to open it only at midnight. Robin had accepted it with a meek nod, and without question, giving a bow and respectful goodbye to the figure, before closing and locking the door. The envelope in his hand, which he held up, had answered his sister's question, although it still brought curiousness to the both of them. "I didn't know they were going to deliver today." His sister had asked with a raised eyebrow.

"I didn't either." Robin said, nodding in agreement.

Back