• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Golbat won't evolve?

Status
Not open for further replies.
    Years
    • Seen Jan 5, 2015
    So I had breeded this Zubat with 5 max IVs and had traded it from X to Omega Ruby to be part of my main team on Ruby, However, playing Omega Ruby, Ive managed to complete just about everything there is to complete. Pokémon team is 75-80 in levels, Golbat has been holding the Soothe Bell for as long as I can remember, and yet, He has yet to evolve, and is almost 80....Has there been bugs like this before, or is friendship really that difficult? Of note: I DO KNOW for a fact he's 250+ in friendship level, because the lady in 'that town I cant remember' says Golbat couldn't love me anymore than he does.... So Why doesn't he evolve???

Cerberus87

Mega Houndoom, baby!
    Years
    When did you trade Zubat to OR? Because bred Pokémon have higher friendship, but trade resets friendship to a low level.

Volga

The Dragon Knight
    Years
    • Age 35
    • Seen Mar 19, 2023
    When did you trade Zubat to OR? Because bred Pokémon have higher friendship, but trade resets friendship to a low level.

Bred Pokemon do not have higher friendship, the base friendship (which in this case is 70) is always the same whether it's caught or bred. I don't know where you got that from, but it's false.

And to TheFailadin, I don't know, this problem is completely new to me.
    Maybe breed a new one and try evolving that.
    If it works, there is something wrong about that Golbat. If it doesn't work, it's a problem with your game, other than that I can't help.

I hope you solve your problem, because Crobat is awesome.

Cerberus87

Mega Houndoom, baby!
    Years
    Bred Pokemon do not have higher friendship, the base friendship (which in this case is 70) is always the same whether it's caught or bred. I don't know where you got that from, but it's false.

They must've changed it at some point then, because in GSC bred Pokémon started at 120. It could be reset to 70 and lower with trade and herbs, but it started at 120, which was higher than wild Pokémon.

Bulbapedia says some Pokémon start with different friendship rates, but that's not Zubat's case.

Years
    • Seen Jan 5, 2015
    Well, If or when I get the time, ill breed a new one and level it on X then, wont trade it. I have to start breeding my Alpha Sapphire team. But thanks for trying. Hope he evolves before 100 atleast :/

Volga

The Dragon Knight
    Years
    • Age 35
    • Seen Mar 19, 2023
    They must've changed it at some point then, because in GSC bred Pokémon started at 120. It could be reset to 70 and lower with trade and herbs, but it started at 120, which was higher than wild Pokémon.

Bulbapedia says some Pokémon start with different friendship rates, but that's not Zubat's case.

Oh, okay I never knew that about GSC.
    I just knew about the base happiness being the same no matter what starting with RSE because that's the gen I started breeding in.

Well, you learn something new every day. :)

Well, If or when I get the time, ill breed a new one and level it on X then, wont trade it. I have to start breeding my Alpha Sapphire team. But thanks for trying. Hope he evolves before 100 atleast :/

Good luck.

Cerberus87

Mega Houndoom, baby!
    Years
    Considering it's traded, it earns exp more quickly and may reach high friendship at higher levels. I'm pretty sure friendship increment doesn't increase with trading (unlike exp).

Oh, okay I never knew that about GSC.
    I just knew about the base happiness being the same no matter what starting with RSE because that's the gen I started breeding in.

Well, you learn something new every day. :)

I think it hasn't been changed at all: https://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/List_of_Pokémon_by_base_friendship

I've seen wrong info on Bulbapedia, but they should be reliable.

Last edited:

Volga

The Dragon Knight
    Years
    • Age 35
    • Seen Mar 19, 2023
    I think it hasn't been changed at all: https://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/List_of_Pokémon_by_base_friendship

I've seen wrong info on Bulbapedia, but they should be reliable.

It's definitely changed. I know that myself, I know I can't prove it to anyone else, but I can't be convinced it's false if I've proven it to myself.
    Just like catching/trading, it's set to the base value, which a majority of Pokemon is 70.
    The problem with bulbapedia is that anyone with an account can edit a page, all someone has to do is get false information, and change it thinking it's true.

Last edited:

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
    Have you got the extended dex yet?

Crobat is available in both the Hoenn and National Dexes. Golbat being prevented from evolving into Crobat is only applicable in FireRed/LeafGreen.

And as a side-note: trading resets a Pokemon's happiness to its base value.

Z25

Team Player
    Years
    • Age 26
    • Seen Aug 27, 2023
    The best bet here is to buy stuff to increase happiness. Like ribbons or massages. And then have the npc tell it's happiness again, if it likes you a lot, it should evolve.

antemortem

rest after tomorrow
    Years
    Next time please use the Quick Questions thread for inquiries like this and read and understand the rules before posting further in the forum.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back