• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Hey guys, am a Newbie & have lots of questions. Hoping for answers

LegendChu

❤ CAREFREE, BUT CARING ❤
Years
  • Pika Pika

Hello there PokeCommunity, am a newbie, well joined a while ago, but its my first post here.

This whole idea of modifying stuff in a GBA Rom & creating your own game quite interesting, so I've been going through a few tutorials out here, understood a bit, didn't understand a lot.

Have lots of questions & am hoping that you guys out here are helpful enough, to answer my queries .

My first question - Where do I address my queries?

Pika Pika

P.S.- Why do I get a message "there is currently a glitch that counts smilies as links, so if you're getting this message and aren't trying to post a link, try removing the smilies from your post", whenever I try to add smilies?

Last edited:
    Years
  • Don't worry, you're still eligible for an introduction, even if you joined way way back. Anyways, it's nice to meet you LegendChu! Hope everything's been going well for you.

I'm not really an expert on ROM Hacking so I won't be of much help to your question but I'm sure we have something over in the ROM Hacking boards that can be your answer. There's some Q&A threads over there plus the Beginner's Lounge has some places to ask questions, and if you ever need any further help you can always contact Christos or Spherical Ice, the ROM Hacking mods.

Best of luck and I'm confident you'll get the help you need. I hope you continue enjoying not just the ROM hacks, but PC in general, and have a great weekend as well!

Years
  • You can't add links to your posts until you've posted at least 15 times; that glitch counts smilies as links and therefore you can't use them since you're under the 15 post requirement. Wasn't aware that was going on, actually, but apparently it is. You'll probably be good if you don't use any smilies for now as it's the only way to get around that in the meantime.

That aside, welcome to PC, Chu. [: You can ask most questions related to hacking in the Beginner's Lounge subforum, why not try that out? Much luck and have a blast here!

LegendChu

❤ CAREFREE, BUT CARING ❤
    Years
  • First & foremost - Hikamaru, Sheep, Archer99, thanks a lot for the warm welcome.
    Hey guys, am a Newbie & have lots of questions. Hoping for answers

Well I don't think I'll be actually creating a hack of my own (although I'd love to), not any time soon at least, coz I think it takes a lot of hard work, dedication, patience, profound knowledge of every tool you use & first & foremost you need to invest a lot of time, which unfortunately I won't be able to take out. Everyone out here, who has created their own hack(s), or are working on them, are doing a great job, so kudos to them.^_^

But hey no harm in gaining knowledge about things right.:P

Anyways guys, thanks again & yeah, I'm sure I'm gonna have a good time here.^^

Pika Pika :chu: (yeah I can finally add smilies)

Last edited:
    Back