• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Battles keep getting interrupted.

Years
    • Seen Dec 14, 2016
    I just updated my Pokemon Omega Ruby with Patch 1.3. Ever since then, I have been having a lot of trouble with having trainer battles.

When the battle starts, the game would stop and say, "Communications with the other trainer was interrupted". I safely assumed the trainer raged quit when he/she saw my party. Nothing crazy, no legendaries, but a well built team. But for some strange reason, a LOT of people seem to be dropping communications. I would have 4-6 dropped battles, and all of them in the same exact spot of the battle; right before you see their character pose. Eventually a battle would start normally, but after so many failed attempts. It's strange, is it me or them?

I assumed that it was them, because my internet is still good after the communication drops and I can just find a new trainer to battle immediately. But after so many communication errors, I got concerned. So I googled it, and I can't find anyone else having this issue. Every time I do find something, hacked pokemon seems to be the root of it. All my pokemon that I used in these battles are 100% legit, bred by me, trained by me, so it's definitely not my Pokemon causing this issue. I did see something about patch 1.3 doing something, but no clue how related it is to communications issues. I tried to find a pattern in the players I battle, but no luck.

One thing I do find odd is that the few battles that do manage to get through seem to be really strange (or un-strange if that makes any sense). The battles I can play in seem to be much easier than the normal Free Battles I go through in battle spot. My pokemon's accuracy (especially Hypnosis) is much higher than normal. My opponent's Pokemon don't seem to hit as hard, and take more damage than previous battles. I also notice that people who use pokemon in the "Ubers" or "OU" Smogon category seem to interrupt more often than those using a more mixed set. Once again, no idea if this is related. But when all the users of Mega-Kengaskahn (Typo?) have interruption issues, it just makes me think.

Can someone please tell me if anyone else have any issues in battle spot? Not really sure what's going on, but it makes finding trainers to battle if the vast mayority of them just lose connection.

Zeffy

g'day
    Years
    • Seen Feb 7, 2024
    I'm tossing this over to the ORAS forum because this is specific to ORAS only and not battling in general.

Years
  • I've not been on battle spot, so I don't know if it works for me, but they could be using hacked pokemon, maybe? If that's not it, I also found this bit on a reddit thread...

[talking about what the new patch blocked] also it seems some legit sets are blocked too now for some reason (Friend of mine has a 100% legal Mirror Coat + Stealth Rock Wigglytuff that's blocked)
    ...As well as this on Nugget Bridge. Seems to be happening to a lot of people.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Apr 25, 2015
    I don't use BS, but connection problems in WT are terrible. I was trying to trade off some pokemon I bred last night and couldn't even get past the "do you want to start a WT?" screen without getting disconnected.

Kenchiin

1/2,578,917 ☆
    Years
  • I also had problems last night, I believe servers were overloaded. If you wanna test your game later just let me know and we can try 'playing a battle'.

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen yesterday
    What were the latest pair of patches supposed to do anyway? Nintendo just gave their usual vague "this patch fixes some bugs" thing again when downloading them.

Candy

[img]http://i.imgur.com/snz4bEm.png[/img]
    Years
  • What were the latest pair of patches supposed to do anyway? Nintendo just gave their usual vague "this patch fixes some bugs" thing again when downloading them.

Pretty sure it's to fix the QR code exploit that has been circling around last month.

Reactions: Nah
    Years
    • Seen Oct 9, 2017
    Yeah, I had problems with that too last night, I was going to trade with someone here one the boards (Howlcall I believe the username is) and we tried connecting 3 times just to trade and every time I got a connection error, and I tried connecting with someone else to trade and same exact thing happened, so I assumed it was because I was trying to connect through internet at work, but maybe it was actually a gltich in the patch after all, according to the posts in this thread so far

Years
    • Seen Apr 17, 2015
    I've been trying to do rating doubles on BS since last night. In total i think i've only gotten 1 or 2 battles the entire time. It just keeps saying can't find a opposing trainer. Its starting to get annoying to be honest, because i can find people to fight in Free Battles but not rating.

Sebastian_Sommer

Rocket grunt
    Years
  • Yeah, I had problems with that too last night, I was going to trade with someone here one the boards (Howlcall I believe the username is) and we tried connecting 3 times just to trade and every time I got a connection error, and I tried connecting with someone else to trade and same exact thing happened, so I assumed it was because I was trying to connect through internet at work, but maybe it was actually a gltich in the patch after all, according to the posts in this thread so far
    I think its a problem with your internet cause I traded with howlcall last night and we didn't get any connection problems.
    In addition, I tried the battlespot today (single battle only) and had no problem with the connection.

Last edited:
    Back