• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Event: Pokémon Puzzle Parade - Main thread

Lycanthropy

[cd=font-family:Special Elite;font-size:16px;color
Years
  • bJhSl8a.png

20px-Psychic-attack.png
    Introduction
    Hello and welcome to the Pokémon Puzzle Parade! For the next eight weeks I'll provide you with two Pokémon related puzzles to solve, all sorts of puzzles may appear. But what's more, solving a puzzle will gain you a hint, either directly from the puzzle or sent by PM by me. Combining four of these hints given by two consequent weeks, will give you an additional puzzle.
    Together these hints point to a Pokémon, trainer, move or something else Pokémon related. Say the hints are "Dragon Breath", "first generation", "Brock" and "trade evolution", this would refer to Onix, a first generation Pokémon owned by Brock, which learns Dragon Breath and evolves when traded with a metal coat.

20px-Psychic-attack.png
    Points and emblems
    For each puzzle a maximum amount of 500 points can be rewarded. Don't refrain from sending in incomplete answers, because they still might earn you a couple of points and maybe even a hint for the hint puzzle! Additionally, solving a hint puzzle will also earn you an extra 500 points, no matter how many hints you have collected. As there's no penalty on wrong answers, random guesses could even work. In total, this gives a maximum score of 10 000 points.

What would a contest be without emblems? Let's take a look at the prizes:

kmpvoii.png
    UqGafLk.png
    cGAx9PV.png
    5jYYmnb.png

I wish you all the best of luck!

20px-Psychic-attack.png
    Rules
    Of course there are some rules to be followed, not to annoy you, but to keep it fun for everyone.
    • All PokéCommunity and Pokémon Trivia rules apply.
    • Send your answer by PM to Lycanthropy (me), please send in answers of both puzzles at once so that I don't get drowned in PMs.
    • You may use any online source you think is usable. Note that I wasn't lazy enough to copy puzzles, so you won't find a full puzzle anywhere.
    • Do never share (parts of) answers to others! If you get caught doing this, you will be disqualified.
    • If you think there's a mistake in one of the puzzles (I'm a human too), please say so in a PM and I'll take a look at it.
    • You're welcome to use this thread for any chatting about the Puzzle Parade, just make sure you're not sharing the solutions before the answers have been posted.
    • Maybe the most important one: have fun! :)

20px-Psychic-attack.png
    Puzzles
    The puzzles appear in separate threads, which can be found here:
    Week 1 [Riddles and Energy Sudoku]
    Week 2 [Shiny Puzzle and Connect the Dots]
    Week 3 [Fusion Pokémon and Crossword]
    Week 4 [Similarity Code and Evosearch]
    Week 5 [PokéMath and Who's the thief?]
    Week 6 [Word Search and Photo Quest]
    Week 7 [Who's That Pokémon? and Word Scramble]
    Week 8 [Yes, Another Crossword and Eternal Rivalry]
    Week 8.2 [just a bonus puzzle]

20px-Psychic-attack.png
    [a id]scores[/a id]Scoreboard
    Revise Librarian - 7000 points
    jdthebud - 6750 points
    classiccartoonsftw - 5950 points
    Laguna - 4700 points
    DraconianWing - 3800 points
    Mewtwolover - 3500 points
    Embernight - 2400 points
    Spoonacross - 2350 points
    KetsuekiR - 2300 points
    Sopheria - 1250 points
    Otamajakushi - 1000 points
    Caite-chan - 1000 points
    WriterRaven - 500 points
    kingdenas - 500 points
    DyingWillFlareon - 300 points

Last edited:

Meadow

[span="font-family: Handlee; font-size: 15px; font
    Years
  • Awesome! I find it really funny how this came out at the exact same time as the new and improved "Who's That Pokémon" contest, and we both have scoreboards and everything! xD

Maybe we could both have fun playing each other's puzzles, and totally not procrastinate on managing our own. :P

Laguna

Sir Zangoose
    Years
    • Age 25
    • Seen Aug 31, 2016
    Sounds like fun! I already posted my answers to the first one and I can't wait for more.

Lycanthropy

Years
  • Awesome! I find it really funny how this came out at the exact same time as the new and improved "Who's That Pokémon" contest, and we both have scoreboards and everything! xD

Maybe we could both have fun playing each other's puzzles, and totally not procrastinate on managing our own. :P

Yeah, me too. I had no idea you were going to revise the whole thing. Also, don't worry about me procrastinating, I have already planned out nearly the entire event.

Meadow

[span="font-family: Handlee; font-size: 15px; font
    Years
  • Yeah, me too. I had no idea you were going to revise the whole thing.

I think I see what you did there... xD

Also, don't worry about me procrastinating, I have already planned out nearly the entire event.

Ah no worries, I was only kidding! :D I'm looking forward to seeing what you've got in store for us! (Though the first puzzle looks a little scary at a first glance, haha, but at least I still have plenty of time to firgure it out.) ^^

Laguna

Sir Zangoose
    Years
    • Age 25
    • Seen Aug 31, 2016
    So, I only got 950 points despite getting both puzzles right. LOGIC!

Lycanthropy

Years
  • Last puzzle, for realsies this time. It's just a bonus puzzle, but that can be the perfect occasion to reel in a quick 500 points.

Scores haven't been updated yet, can you handle the suspense?

Back