• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Spoilers] Pokémon XY & Z Speculation

Wobbu

bunger bunger bunger bunger
Years
  • So according to the latest CoroCoro leak, featured on Serebii.net, there's going to be a new anime series called Pokémon XY & Z. This series features the new Zygarde forms and is to arrive with the fourth act of the Mega Evolution specials in Japan.

corocoro10151.jpg
    Image retrieved from Serebii.net

Discussion of the new forms in general may be found here:
    http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=355475

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Nov 13, 2019
    So according to the latest CoroCoro leak, featured on Serebii.net, there's going to be a new anime series called Pokémon XY & Z. This series features the new Zygarde forms and is to arrive with the fourth act of the Mega Evolution specials in Japan.

corocoro10151.jpg
    Image retrieved from Serebii.net

Discussion of the new forms in general may be found here:
    http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=355475

I never get hyped about any Pokemon news since I got trick by Pokemon anime so many time!
    So this time , I evaluate the entire scan before getting too hype about Ash's Alternate Greninja.
    First of all , Ash doesn't have a key-stone in the poster so its prove that Alternate Greninja isn't a Megevolution.
    My best guess , Zygrade somehow mixed Ash's cell with Greninja's cell so it took on a new form! The most interesting part about New Greninja is that Large Shuriken its carrying on its back.
    So Far, I haven't seen anything I want !
    For example : Ash with a "Tank" and Keystone.
    The Worst part would be that Mega Sceptile because it might belong to Shota and I don't want that pipsqueak owning Megevolution before Ash just because he is The Current Writers Creation.
    Writers already ruined the entire BW Series by showing favoritism toward other character except Ash.
    The Last thing I want is more Favoritism.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Nov 13, 2019
    Honestly , I wished Pokemon XYZ to take place after a Time-skip So Serena hair could grow back.

hold on a sec is that......Noivern in the background?! please writers if you pull this off i will forget BW

Not me , I won't forget BW series until--

--Ash catch a Near-Legendary Pokemon that bigger then Snorlax & has amazing movepool.

--Ash win the Kalo league in a most epic way possible.

--Ash curdstump Cameron & Trip in a Full battle with just 3 Pokemon (without Megevolution)

--Ash reach the same power-level as Alain where only a E4 Member or Champion can beat him.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Jun 2, 2016
    hold on a sec is that......Noivern in the background?! please writers if you pull this off i will forget BW

That is definitely Noivern! My prediction for Ash's team is coming true now!

The Worst part would be that Mega Sceptile because it might belong to Shota and I don't want that pipsqueak owning Megevolution before Ash just because he is The Current Writers Creation.

I really hope at some point Ash recalls Sceptile (Realising he lacks a grass type Pokémon for the Pokémon League or something) and does get to have Mega-Sceptile

Years
    • Seen Nov 13, 2019
    I also hope that Ash will learn the basic of Ninjetsu to work together with Greninja.
    It would also cool if Ash use a Bamboo sword to have a Swordfight with Greninja in order to improve its ''Water Sword'' attack.

So Ash's team will be like this? Pikachu/Greninja/Talonflame/Hawlucha/Noivern/Mega Sceptile?

I hope not because it will make Ash's Team really unbalance with all of them focusing on Speed.
    I want Ash to catch a Tank like a Rhyperior or Mega Aggron.

Perriechu

i make this look easy tik-tik boom like gasoline-y
    Years
  • I hope not because it will make Ash's Team really unbalance with all of them focusing on Speed.

Ash's team has never had a tank-like Pokemon except for Snorlax and maybe Torterra. Ash's team in the Kalos region seems to be based off speed. Just like his DPP one was based off offence etc

If the mega Sceptile is in fact his then I'm shocked they chose Sceptile and not another Pokemon like Charizard (the Y version) because Charizard has always played a huge part in Ash's life.

w/e tho I'm excited to see what's to come in terms of the anime and the games. That Ash!Greninja looks weird and I can't wait to learn its backstory.

Pinkie-Dawn

Vampire Waifu
    Years
  • And Serena's still keeping the short hair. Guess my statement about everything happening in the anime over a span of one year really is coming true. Ash's Greninja looks interesting; what's with the different colors on each side of its head (as well as that water shuriken on his back). It seems like a foreshadow for an upcoming Greninja event in Pokémon Z. I hope the producers aren't planning to nerf Greninja over time, much like how it constantly got nerfed in Smash.

So Ash's team will be like this? Pikachu/Greninja/Talonflame/Hawlucha/Noivern/Mega Sceptile?

We don't even know if that's Ash's Sceptile yet (it could be Sawyer's for all we know).

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Nov 13, 2019
    Ash's team has never had a tank-like Pokemon except for Snorlax and maybe Torterra. Ash's team in the Kalos region seems to be based off speed. Just like his DPP one was based off offence etc

If the mega Sceptile is in fact his then I'm shocked they chose Sceptile and not another Pokemon like Charizard (the Y version) because Charizard has always played a huge part in Ash's life.

w/e tho I'm excited to see what's to come in terms of the anime and the games. That Ash!Greninja looks weird and I can't wait to learn its backstory.

Completely wrong !
    Ash had "Tank" before But you never notice them because Ash never caught any pokemon larger then Snorlax.
    All his Pokemon are below 1.9 Meter ! Its like that Writers are afraid of Ash being too op if he catch larger Pokemon.
    Even though They are fine with Iris & Dawn catching 7.03 tall Pokemon.
    Ash has Muk , Heracross , , Kingler ,Glalie , Corephise , Torkoal ,Bayleef , Pignite , Donphan , Boldore , Palpitoad , Squirtal , Charizard etc .
    All of these Pokemon has more power & defense But less or average Speed .
    Most Fans claim Ash's specialty to be "Speedy Pokemon" But its totally WRONG ! Because if you evaluate Ash performance then you will see that Ash always does better with Power-based Pokemon like Snorlax or Charizard.
    However , Ash simply has to travel little Pokemon for marketing.
    Thats Why I was happy with Goodra and now I want a large Pokemon for Ash! He already has enough small & average human-size Pokemon So I Want Something New.

Years
    • Seen Dec 2, 2015
    I hope not because it will make Ash's Team really unbalance with all of them focusing on Speed.
    Well there might always be the slight bergmite capture for tank.

Years
    • Seen Jun 2, 2016

I hope he doesn't catch either of those specifically. Don't think either of those suit him at all. Just my opinion of course

Years
    • Seen Dec 2, 2015
    quick thought guys doesn't M.sceptile turns his back to the foe when mega evolved? just a thought

Years
    • Seen Nov 13, 2019
    I hope we get to see some bonding between Ash & Lysandre to the point Ash will see him as a misguided man trying to achieve the right thing in a Wrong way.

Years
    • Seen Dec 2, 2015
    New information about Ash greninja and zygarde at serebii
    It also describes Ash-Greninja as the form that Greninja takes when the bond between it and Ash is raised to the limit. The strength of their bond changes Greninja's appearance, and it takes on the characteristic look of Ash's attire. This phenomenon is also said to have happened just once several hundred years ago in the Kalos region, but it remains shrouded in mystery.

Years
    • Seen Jun 7, 2016
    Ash-greninja is definitely anime exclusive since they called it that.

I see TF's anime arc kicking off soon too, focusing on whatever zygarde storyline will be in the game. Since we haven't had any real TF action, I guess they were saving it for this.

Years
    • Seen Sep 6, 2016
    I want him to use some of his older pokemon along new ones. For example;

Pikachu
    Greninja
    Infernape
    Sceptile (Mega)
    Aegislash (Last catch before Pokemon League)
    Snorlax

The Kalos team I wanted him to have was;
    Pikachu
    Greninja
    Talonflame
    Goodra
    Sylveon or Florges
    Aegislash

Wobbu

bunger bunger bunger bunger
    Years
  • New trailer:

Unless XY&Z is a special series, it looks like the Mega Evolution specials are going to intersect with the main series. It turns out the Greninja form is the result of a rare bond between Ash and Greninja, and hasn't happened in hundreds of years.

This whole thing seems much like a movie to me. I'm thinking it might be a short series, much like the Mega Evolution specials, but we'll see. This looks interesting nonetheless and I'm looking forward to more information.

Back