• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Competitive Pokémon Community Weekend 22 is over, thanks for participating!

Years
    • he/him
    • Seen today
    ioXEvDl.png

COMMUNITY WEEKEND 22

Hello PC! We're having our 22nd Community Weekend on the PokéCommunity's battle server soon. It'll start at 7 PM on Friday, October 23rd and end at 10 PM on Sunday, October 25th (both times are ET / GMT -4). Pokémon battling tournaments, iSketch, Cards Against Humanity, and possibly trivia games will all be hosted regularly throughout the day. Community Day is simply about enjoying time with others while the battle server is at its peak of activity.

This is our first Community Weekend instead of Community Day. This is a little experiment to see how things would go if we extended Community Day. Please be mindful that the battle server probably won't be active 24/7 with constant events (late times past midnight ET tend to be quiet), but our staff will try to maintain that over the course of Community Weekend.

— What's new?

There will be a Halloween Random Battle format. ~2 Ghost-, Dark-, or Psychic-types will be guaranteed in every team, and every Pokemon will have the move "Treat-or-Trick," which can either inflict Curse on the opposing Pokémon (with no harm done to the user) or heal the opposing Pokémon's HP by 25%. (Subject to change, as the format hasn't been implemented yet and balance changes may be required.)

We will most likely play some Mario Kart 8. Ask wolf, Achromatic, or Team Bidoof if a race is currently going on or if we should get it going.

— Time zones...

Spoiler:
    Use this time zone converter if you still need help.

— Signing up

Signing up isn't required. Hop on the battle server when it's Community Weekend, and you're good to go. We'll be advertising a thread link in the intro message, which will be used for gathering who participated (example). Then the following emblems will be handed out:

PQljkGU.png
    x3Z6s61.png
    YSwdrB0.png

Beldum = participate in 1 Community Weekends/Days
    Metang = participate in 5 Community Weekends/Days
    Metagross = participate in 10 Community Weekends/Days​

(Beldum will be handed out shortly to any of those who participated in the last Community Day.)

Last edited:

Lexatom

Blockbuster Advocate
    Years
  • I don't think I've participated in one yet, so I'll see if I can find the time to go over there and join you guys. :3

Years
    • he/him
    • Seen today
    Thank you to everyone who helped make this a success! We're definitely going to have Community Weekends from now on, as opposed to Community Days. The server peaked at ~25 users on Friday and Sunday, and ~35 users on Saturday. Not too shabby.

I hope to see you all when we have our holiday Community Weekend. :)

If you were there for this Community Weekend, don't forget to post in this thread to claim your emblem.

Back