Progressing Games All game threads go in this forum. Come and check out the games in development, or make a thread for your own. Constructive criticism is welcome!

Draconius GO

Old December 27th, 2015 (9:42 PM). Edited February 3rd, 2016 by ptisnjunk95.
Made in Portugal

Nature: Naive

Hi! I'm ptisnjunk95 (aka dtk95) and this is an idea for a fan game. I started thinking in this project in December of 2014 after giving up of Pokémon: A walk in the past, but with college I didn't have much time to start doing something. After some months without touching in RPG Maker XP, I found the files, maps and info in my drive, and decided to share with you.

The story isn't too much original, although it's not like most of the stories from the Nintendo Games.

So, enjoy reading

Spoiler:

The region of Jeido is situated 150 miles southwest of Hoenn. It contains 7 volcanic islands and the northwestern part of the Frosty Wall. This region is full of mysteries. The verdant forests and the clean waters make Jeido a perfect location to be the habitat of most existing Pokémon in various regions. It's almost like a paradise. The Kagutsuchi Mountains are famous because they are, in fact, 3 craters of one simple volcano. Nobody knows why this really happens. Due to the opposition of people that live in the mountains, no one could find out the reason behind that. Most of the people believe that geological explorations could destroy Jeido's balance and wake the volcano. Along with Kagutsuchi Mountains, Jeido have more three volcanoes: the sleeping Mt. Tsukyomi, the active Mt. Amaterasu and the underwater Mt. Susanoo.

Spoiler:
    The legends of Jeido are outnumbered. And here are the 3 main ones:
    Spoiler:
    According to this legend, after the creation of Earth, and all the other existing regions, The Alpha Pokémon, Arceus, tried to create a region where all the living things could coexist. A balanced region, the perfection itself. He focused some of His power to create an artifact, The Seed of Nature. Unlike the Jewel of Life, which was more powerful than the Seed, The Alpha didn't need to use His Plates. After that, He chose the best place to plant the Seed. Next to the northwestern part of Frosty Wall, Arceus warmed the coast and the Sea, and then He planted it. What he didn't planned is that Groudon had chosen that place to make its nest, forcing the formation of Kagutsuchi Mountains. Arceus became furious and then, He expelled Groudon from there... To protect the region, Arceus decided to choose a Rayquaza to be the guardian of the islands... Then He left to Sinnoh to rest above Mt. Coronet.

Spoiler:
    When Mankind reached the top of Frosty Wall, they finally discovered Hoenn, Jeido and other regions next to them. But they were enchanted by the beauty of Jeido, and people started to populate Frosty Wall, just to admire that view. Of course many people thought that it wouldn't be enough. They wanted to touch it, to feel it, to become a part of it. So they went down the mountains and tried to swim there. Many died, others reached it, and they were accepted by Rayquaza in Jeido by their perseverance. They started to build the civilization in the big island, which they called Natuiishima. When they found Rayquaza's nest, they built a temple to show their gratitude to the guardian. That temple was named as the Clouds Temple. It was so high that it almost reached the top of Kagutsuchi Mountains.

Spoiler:
    With the time passing, Jeido was fully populated and Rayquaza had chosen five clans to guide the people: Miyamoto, Yamamoto, Yukimoto, Morimoto and Suzumoto. Yamamoto, Yukimoto and Morimoto lived in the Kagutsuchi Mountains while Miyamoto lived in Jinshima Island, where Mt. Amaterasu rises and Suzumoto lived in Zenshima Island, where Mt. Tsukyomi rests. Their leaders all possessed a powerful stone when combined with a stone attached to their Pokemon, their form changed and their power increased. Yamamoto had the Cameruptite, Yukimoto had the Red Charizardite, Morimoto had the Dark Charizardite, Suzumoto had the Houndoomite and Miyamoto had the Blazikenite. They all lived peacefully until one day, when the leader of the Suzumoto clan died. Rayquaza must choose one clan to evaluate the heirs that could take the leadership. Miyamoto's clan leader, Tadayoshi, had that role. He lived with them during one month to finally decide. He chose the youngest son, Yosuke. Kayamaru, the eldest son, was mad with that choice and left the clan, saying that he will get revenge. One week later, the Houndoomite vanished. Yosuke desperately went to the Clouds Temple to ask for another Houndoomite. Rayquaza told him that it hadn't that power and it was his duty as Suzumoto leader to protect the stone and to recover it. While they were speaking, Mt. Amaterasu erupted. It was caused when Kayamaru mega evolved his Houndoom to battle with Tadayoshi. The battle was so intense that Jinshima burn down into ashes. Hopefully, Rayquaza rescued all the citizens. In the end of the battle, Tadayoshi emerged victorious. Then, Rayquaza took the Houndoomite and power from Suzumoto clan. Kayamaru, who brought dishonor to his clan, left Jeido.

Spoiler:
    Over the centuries, Jeido Region grew peaceful… Until now. Solpray Town’s Gym Leader, Tadayoshi Miyamoto, named after his ancestor, the legendary warrior, vanished during a night walk at the beach. All Jeidoneses asks what happened that night. After some investigations, it is known that Tadayoshi has been kidnapped by one person, still unknown.
    At that time, a radiant day arrives for a teenager from the cold Grand Root City. After years of studying Pokémon, the teen receives a Pokémon by the older brother Dave and gets ready for the adventure of a lifetime, without knowing that is destined to save Jeido Region.

Spoiler:

You - A teenager from Grand Root City. You will live a thrilled adventure through the world after you receive your first Pokémon partner.

Prof. Tyler - A professor known worldwide for his study in Mythology, with a Pokémon Lab located in Jeido. You will encounter him during your travels through Jeido.

Dave - Your older brother, who taught you everything about Pokémon. He will battle you sometimes to check your progress.

Lord Philip – A mysterious man who studies time and space.

Spoiler:

Team Doom: Team Doom is the main villain team of the game. They follow Kayamaru Suzumoto, the legendary warrior responsible for the fall and dishonor of the Suzumoto Clan. Their goal is to make justice for Kayamaru, by taking revenge on the Miyamoto Clan and the other clans.
    Important Members:
    Spoiler:
    Boss: Unknown
    Admins: Xin Li / ??? / ???
    Paladins: ??? / Rival 1 / ???

Team Hope: Team Hope is an organization that fights for the greater good of Jeido. They follow the ideals of Tadayoshi Miyamoto, the legendary leader of the Miyamoto Clan, symbol of Truth and Justice in the region. As they discover the existence of Team Doom, they will try to stop their plans and bring them to justice.
    Important Members:
    Spoiler:
    Boss: Unknown
    Admins: ??? / ??? / Lexy
    Paladins: ??? / ??? / ???

The Vanquishers: The Vanquishers are a group of Top Talented trainers from Ischys Region with the goal of being the best battlers in the world. They travel around the world to keep stronger.

The Lions: A group of villainous rich people. Their goal is to dominate the globe, starting with Ischys.

Spoiler:
    1. Cold Badge - Colberg (Ice)
    2. Mountain Badge - Hillie (Rock)
    3. Spirit Badge - Morgan (Ghost)
    4. Brick Badge - Bruce (Fighting)
    5. Night Badge - Sakura (Dark)
    6. Fate Badge - Melody (Psychic)
    7. Flame Badge - Tadayoshi (Fire)
    8. Fang Badge - Corwin (Dragon)

Spoiler:
    Lots of Regions to explore
    Time Travels
    Space Travels
    Distortion World Exploration
    Legendary hunting with side-quests.

Spoiler:
    My Regions
    • Jeido
    • Ischys
    Nintendo Games
    • Kanto
    • Johto
    • Hoenn
    • Sinnoh
    • Unova
    • Kalos
    • Sevii Islands
    • Oblivia
    • Ransei

Spoiler:
    Working On: I'm getting used with Essentials' features and event behavior. Also I'm adding custom scripts (Credits Below) and make some visual edits to make the Game a different look from others using these features.

Added Static Sprites to the game, to make the Game's Size smaller.

EDIT 4th Feb: I haven't finished adding the Sprites, I still have to add 5th Gen and some Megas. Currently I'm building tilesets for the game.

Current State of the game:
    New Characters Sprites - 20% (Main / New Characters, Team Doom Boss and Admins already have a Battle Sprite)
    Design - 30% (Jeido and Ischys Designed, Made some Concept Art)
    Mapping - 0%
    Scripting - 30% (Some custom Scripts included, credit given below)
    Eventing - 0.1%
    Metadata - 0.1%
    Pokémon Distribution - 0% (This is in conflict with Fakémons idea, so what can I say... :/)
    Plot - 30% (I created the skeleton of the story, but still needs some attractive elements to make it awesome, enjoyable and playable)

(Not Final)
    Spoiler:
    Title Animation (Letter V rendered in Blender Internal Render)

Intro Event (Instead of a professor, a stranger will find the player knocked out in the Forest)

Dex Colors

Issues:
    Spoiler:
    There are some issues about this idea:
    • As refered above, I'm in college and don't have too much time to work in this.
    • I'm awful with scripts. Some of features that I could use ingame are only possible with them. Possible solution: Scrips issues are solved EVENTually.
    • Still don't know what type of graphics should use. I love 3rd gen type, but 4rd and 5th are also great. I'll use 4th Gen style Graphics
    • To create the region, i'll need tilesets. Essentials already have, but they doesn't suit in my concept for this region. I'll use some public tiles from amazing Pixel Artists in DeviantArt. After building a tileset, I'll credit them.
    • I still don't know if I should use fakémons. I already have some sprites created, but I still needed to create the Data to make them unique and attractive, which I don't have the skills to do it. Also we've already 721 Pokémon. xP

Spoiler:
    Pokémon – Game Freak, Creatures Inc. and Nintendo
    Concept – Game Freak, Pokémon Co.
    Pokémon Essentials – Flameguru, Poccil, Maruno and all the contributors that helped and are helping to develop it.
    Scripts - FL (for Advanced Pokédex and Family Tree), Luka S.J. (Elite Battle and Title Screen Animation), shiney570 (Starter Selection), KleinStudio (BW Gender Selection, Footprint Add-on, Transform Animation), mej71 (Advanced PokéCenter) and Adre76 (bug search and fixing)

Hope you liked. Don't forget to give your opinion because it's very important!

Relevant Advertising!

Old January 1st, 2016 (10:50 AM). Edited January 1st, 2016 by ptisnjunk95.
    Made in Portugal

I edited the first post to add information about Characters and Factions.

Also I had to change the name for the Professor from Willow to Tyler, because there is already a character of Pokémon Acanthite with the same name, which I didn't know. I ask apologies to the Acanthite's Development Team.

EDIT: I added the plot for the story and reorganized the thread.
      Old January 2nd, 2016 (3:04 PM).
      A238

Sounds interesting. I'm looking forward to seeing more about it!

Name: Voi
        Adopt one yourself! @Pokémon Orphanage
        Old January 8th, 2016 (4:05 PM).
        Made in Portugal

3rd January: First post updated with some names of Team Doom and Hope important members. I'm working on the main characters' design.

Also I still don't know which Generation of graphics I should use. I not a pixel art expert (as you can see at the region map and the Team Doom grunt sprites) so I have to use public tiles.

9th January EDIT: Introducing the Jeido Gym Leaders. Currently I'm working on the Sprites of the Important Characters.
          Old January 9th, 2016 (3:14 AM). Edited January 9th, 2016 by Astralneo.

I am looking forward to the progress of this game. You will probably need spriters and others who can help you make maps. I am neither of these but I wish you well. What kind of sprites for Pokemon will you use? Animated or Pixelized?

From what I read you seem to want to include all the regions plus your own. That seems ambitious, almost too ambitious. You will definitely need large amounts of help. Honestly thats the biggest load I have seen a developer take on a Pokemon game.I would rather see more focus on your own regions plus Hoenn and maybe Sinnoh for the main game.
            I can't see why Johto and Kanto are even necessary in your plot in the game except for a Post game or a sequel.
            Old January 12th, 2016 (1:13 PM).
            Made in Portugal

Spoiler:
              Quote:
              Originally Posted by Astralneo View Post
              I am looking forward to the progress of this game. You will probably need spriters and others who can help you make maps. I am neither of these but I wish you well. What kind of sprites for Pokemon will you use? Animated or Pixelized?

From what I read you seem to want to include all the regions plus your own. That seems ambitious, almost too ambitious.You will definitely need large amounts of help. Honestly thats the biggest load I have seen a developer take on a Pokemon game.I would rather see more focus on your own regions plus Hoenn and maybe Sinnoh for the main game.
              I can't see why Johto and Kanto are even necessary in your plot in the game except for a Post game or a sequel.

Thanks for sharing your opinion! (also SpartaLazor, sorry for not replying to you). That made me think the whole weekend. Sorry for just reply today (college -.-" ).

Quote:
              You will probably need spriters and others who can help you make maps. I am neither of these but I wish you well.
              Probably I will need help, but I'm still not ask for help without knowing for certain what I need. But I will really need a hand of pixel artists who know how to do (or rip and edit) tiles;

Also I will need someone to advise me about the difficulty of the game, for example the average level of a certain area, etc. As you can see I still didn't choose which starters to use, and also the reason why I'm still unsure to use fakémons, because I can't just draw some and put them in the game without create their stats and make them competitive (or non competitive).

Quote:
              What kind of sprites for Pokemon will you use? Animated or Pixelized?
              Possibly Non-Animated. I will use some of the HGSS and others from DPPt.

Quote:
              From what I read you seem to want to include all the regions plus your own. That seems ambitious, almost too ambitious.
              I know how it sounds, but it's ambition that leads you to success, although you still need to keep your feet on the floor. It's very unlikely that I could finish the game with all of them, but I design the game like that, the possibilities are endless!!!

Quote:
              I would rather see more focus on your own regions plus Hoenn and maybe Sinnoh for the main game.
              The main story will happen in Jeido, Hoenn, Oblivia, Sinnoh, Ischys and Kalos. The others are post game, as you can see it's a titanic story. In 11 Regions, you have 6 regions with a story, and then more 5 to explore. Ransei is going to be a great challenge because you don't have reference maps, and also the mapper can free his/her imagination because there aren't any references.

Sorry for the big text!!!
              Old January 14th, 2016 (7:39 AM).
              Made in Portugal

I just updated the 1st post with the player's sprites.

As I intended to make my game in different regions, some of them are cold and others warm. So I decided to use the Essentials' Outfit feature, to change the outfit acording where you are. For example in the starting region of Jeido, the character begins the journey in the top of a mountain, but the rest of the region is warm, so it's non-sense to use a Summer Outfit in the Frosty Wall, that includes 4 of the cities and then a Winter Outfit in the rest of the region that's warm, due to the existence of vulcanoes in the area...
                Old January 14th, 2016 (10:52 AM). Edited January 14th, 2016 by Astralneo.

Thank you for your response. I didnt respond earlier because i had some personal issues. As for the player sprites I believe that in my opinion they look too pixelized . Of course you can disregard this opinion because I am not a spriter. You might also need someone to make animations for the cutscenes, a crew for testing and other scripters to help you out.

As for the fakemon , that is your personal choice . You could hire someone to make the sprites but to make them balanced for gameplay is an another story itself. I would personally prefer to make fake evolutions of known Pokemon rather than completely new ones . Maybe an evolution/Mega evolution for Lapras . Something that makes your game more unique than others. Perhaps new Legendaries?

I personally look forward to the long story and exploring the game because it could be the longest game yet. But ambitions often come with many difficulities and you seem to be a beginner at game development. You could have tried something easier for your first game but you have already made your decision so I won't force you to change your mind.

I also wonder how will you manage with the Gym Leaders? Will they be Exp fodder or will they play a part in the story? How many do you plan to include them in?
                  Old January 14th, 2016 (11:52 AM).
                  Made in Portugal

Spoiler:
                    Quote:
                    Thank you for your response. I didnt respond earlier because i had some personal issues. As for the player sprites I believe that in my opinion they look too pixelized . Of course you can disregard this opinion because I am not a spriter. You might also need someone to make animations for the cutscenes, a crew for testing and other scripters to help you out.

As for the fakemon , that is your personal choice . You could hire someone to make the sprites but to make them balanced for gameplay is an another story itself. I would personally prefer to make fake evolutions of known Pokemon rather than completely new ones . Maybe an evolution/Mega evolution for Lapras . Something that makes your game more unique than others. Perhaps new Legendaries?

I personally look forward to the long story and exploring the game because it could be the longest game yet. But ambitions often come with many difficulities and you seem to be a beginner at game development. You could have tried something easier for your first game but you have already made your decision so I won't force you to change your mind.

I also wonder how will you manage with the Gym Leaders? Will they be Exp fodder or will they play a part in the story? How many do you plan to include them in?

Quote:
                    As for the player sprites I believe that in my opinion they look too pixelized .
                    They're 2xZoomed to be adjusted to Essentials (if you take a look to Essentials sprites, you'll see I'm right. Honestly, I'm not pleased with the male knit cap, so don't take it like it's the final sprite, because it can have more editing.

Quote:
                    As for the fakemon , that is your personal choice .
                    I would like to have some, the problem isn't the sprites, I can make some, I already have done some, but the problem is creating everything behind it (stats and moves). That's what keeps me of doing it right now. Also the original idea is to create a mega evolution for Arcanine (Fire / Fairy), that would have an impact in the story. In Jeido's Mythology, Tadayoshi's partner was an Arcanine and not a Blaziken, and after Tadayoshi and Kayamaru battle, the Jinshima Island environment was cured by the Mega Arcanine's ability.

Quote:
                    I also wonder how will you manage with the Gym Leaders?
                    Jeido will have 8 leaders, and as you can see in the plot, they take part of story. Some of them are really important characters. About Ischys, I don't know yet, because the region is based in the Iberian Peninsula (Portugal + Spain). It's a big region, that's a thing I want to decide after, because I still have lot's of story to do before.

Quote:
                    it could be the longest game yet
                    The longest game I've seen until now is Pokémon Silver Chronicles, a brazilian game (it's in Portuguese), that is based in GS but with anime characters. It have Johto, Kanto, Orange Islands, and they're developing Hoenn. I don't know if there is any longer game than that one but it's possible that might be some.
                    Old January 17th, 2016 (11:35 AM). Edited January 18th, 2016 by ptisnjunk95.
                    Made in Portugal

Update: I will start to get some work done on RPG Maker. Initially I will use only the resources given in Essentials and as I'm needing, I will add custom resources.

Also after wondering which Gen graphics style, I think I will use 4th Gen style. Also I would have more opinions and tips of what I could do in game. And I would like to say thanks to those who have spared some minutes to read this thread.

EDIT: Started to add and testing them. After choosing which one I will definitely use, I will credit the awesome scripters who develop them.
                      Old February 3rd, 2016 (4:24 PM).
                      Made in Portugal

26th January: For those interested I've included some screenshots of what I've been working on: Implementing some scripts and edit some visual aspects of the game. What do you think so far?

EDIT 4th February: Starting to build a tileset using Public Tilesets. Mainly, it will be HGSS styled Graphics, with some 5th gen styled tiles. Also still don't have too much opinions :'( I really want to know what do you think about the plot, your ideas and suggestions.

Quick Reply