• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Developing] Pokémon Acanthite Version

Years
  • Seen Jul 16, 2023
banner.jpg

Pokémon Acanthite Version
Started in 2006
Made with Essentials in RPG Maker XP

1. INTRODUCING

Pokémon Acanthite is an idea which has been floating around in some form since 2006 (and before, really) when Fangking Omega started the original game intended as a GSC prequel to demonstrate the life of Kamon. Although having early successes, this form of the game stumbled and ultimately fell and was redesigned in 2010 - using the same Fakemon but in a different region, with a different and fresher story.

Taking the linear format of the canonical Pokémon games and turning it on its head, we have a game which, despite having a storyline, is largely free to explore with vast maps, and several story objectives, meaning you can prioritise them in whichever order you like.

2. THE STORY

ALANUI, THE PRESENT DAY

Alanui is an archipelago of four large islands and several smaller ones, roughly based on Hawaii. The largest, though not the most populous, island is named Lapis, and is where the player starts, in their home town of Clipper City.

When the protagonist is out exploring the meadow and the forest beyond their town, they foolishly drop their Pokégear. While going to retrieve it, Professor Willow - a renowned expert in the environmental effects of Pokémon - stops the player, giving them one of Alanui's three starter Pokémon to protect them with. Once the player has chosen between Frondilo (Grass), Kindlejou (Fire) and Reptide (Water), they go out into the meadow - only to find a member of Team Rocket, not yet disbanded in the remote Alanui, out there attempting to catch Pokémon to use.

Although the protagonist is easily defeated, it is noted that they battled well: they are sent to Lapisand Port, far to the north of the island and over the other side of the great forest surrounding the dormant volcano, Mt. Dreiasche, to investigate what is going on with Team Rocket's activities.

Team Rocket, headed by the sinister Argus - a much more calculating, intelligent figure than his mainland Kanto associates - is, unbeknownst to the world, plotting. Not merely content to be petty thieves, Argus' hunger for power and control is leading him towards a devastating idea: only codenamed the Geminine Project.

Battling gyms and capturing some of Alanui's 100 brand new Pokémon, this game takes the traditional linear structure of Pokémon and replaces it with vast, open maps and a degree of flexibility in how to play the game, creating a much more immersive, replayable experience than ever before.

3. FEATURES

- 100 brand new impeccably designed Fakemon
- Vast maps across all terrains, with much more to explore and do than previous Pokémon games
- A more open storyline: do things at your own pace in your own order
- The Alanui region, based loosely off Hawaii, with a mixture of marine, tropical and urban environments

4. POKéMON

We have 100 brand new Pokémon ready to show the world. As a taster, here's some of their designs:

Spoiler:

5. SCREENSHOTS

Spoiler:

6. PROGRESS REPORT

Very swift progress is being made towards an alpha release due to the industriousness of our tile spriter: production will be stalled in future however by a lack of trainer spriter, OW spriter and Pokémon spriter. If interested, PM me.

7. CREDITS AND STAFF

STAFF
Lorem Ipsum - Project lead
Narodin - Tile spriter
Womi - Data creator
Afti - Story consultant

CREDITS
Fangking Omega - Project initiator
Cipher - Former project administrator
Nelson - Designer
ComfyCushion - Designer
KangasKid12 - Designer
Sir Adamus - Trainer Spriter
Nintendo Jr - Designer and Spriter

The Pokémon Essentials Team
The Spriters' Resource

8. SOCIAL MEDIA

TUMBLR: http://pokemon-acanthite.tumblr.com
TWITTER: http://twitter.com/pkmn_acanthite

We hope you enjoy and are interested in the game!

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Mar 31, 2024
Hi
The fakemons designs are wow amazing ;)
Unique Storyline
I can't wait to see more
I going follow you on Twtter for updates
The outside tiles are looking special they are not from pokemon base?
You make it hard to choose a starter they look awesome xD
Also i don't see support banner
I going creat one for you :)
Keep it up good work
~Mydrago

Years
  • Seen Jul 16, 2023
Thank you very much! No, our tiles are made from scratch just for Acanthite by our brilliantly talented team! And thank you very much!

Years
  • Seen Jul 16, 2023
tumblr_n7s8evRMZt1tf5i7no1_500.png

Just an updated screenshot - currently working on customising the battle interface. Any suggestions for the bottom of the foe box? Any suggestions about the battle interface generally?

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Mar 31, 2024
Hi
I made these Support Bars for Pokemon Acanthite
Hope you enjoy them
aK0dSND.png

DkTkriU.png

T4KPAyX.png

~Mydrago

Years
This game looks beautiful and I've been following it since Fangking first started it and I would really like to Beta test it. I've Beta tested games before and I'd like to think I'm good at it. I'm really good at finding spelling mistakes and grammar mistakes because they bug me XD I'm also good at finding graphical mistakes and just overall bugs. So if you are looking for a Beta tester I'd love to do it ^^

Years
  • Seen Jul 16, 2023
No - my skill is composition - the art was done by a variety of people but mostly people called Nelson, Nintendo Jr and ComfyCushion :)

Years
  • Seen Jul 16, 2023
A new screenshot of the battle system and a new sprite for one of our new Pokémon :)

ss5_zpsd77ec2dc.png

And why not top it off with a reveal of a couple of our Fakemon - Helmite (in normal form, sharp form and sturdy form) and Armapill?

ARTHelmite_zps4962da55.png
ARTArmapill_zpsfed7d1b6.png

Dedenne1

[SPAN="FONT-SIZE:16.5PX; FONT-FAMILY: SATISFY; TEX
Years
Fakemon =Amazing
Sprites=Amazing
Storyline=Unique
Overall rating a great soon to be most played pokemon fangame

Years
  • Seen Jul 16, 2023
I've neglected this thread, oops! Have some new screenshots.

ss17_zps6993336c.png

tumblr_n81exs79YQ1tf5i7no1_500.png

tumblr_nait87Last1tf5i7no2_1280.png

Also - introducing yet another new Pokémon - Fuzzit!

tumblr_n83seie94P1tf5i7no1_500.png

As for the demo, we are very, very close to having one playable!

Florio

Pokemon Crimson Skies Owner
Years
Wow I remember this game from years back, and it looked like one of the most promising games. Hope it gets finished soon.

Last edited:

fireyboy345

Skilled Pokemon Trainer
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Oct 10, 2014
Holy smokes! What a blast from the past. I remember this game when it was Fangking Omega's. Does he have some sort of role in the development, or did he just hand over the reigns to you?

Years
  • Seen Jul 16, 2023
Fang has handed over to me permanently now due to real life stuff getting in the way for him!

Allgamesdude

The Creator of the WIP game, Pokémon Cosmic. Looki
Years
Same here. Lemme know if you need help. I gots time on my hands, but not enough time for my game ATM. But, I do still work on it.

fireyboy345

Skilled Pokemon Trainer
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Oct 10, 2014
Fang has handed over to me permanently now due to real life stuff getting in the way for him!

Well that is great to hear! Games like this and Pokemon the Lost World (I don't know if you remember that one) are the whole reason why I made an account on this website! I wish you the best of luck :)

Back