• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Kagerou Project

Palamon

Silence is Purple
    Years
    Kagerou Project

Kagerou Project is a multi-media Vocaloid Project that follows shut-in NEET Shintaro Kisaragi, who is forced to go out of his room after two years of shutting himself in, to buy a new keyboard. Rather unexpected events happen while he is at the department store, as he comes into contact with the Mekakushi-dan, a group of teenagers with strange eye abilities. It takes place during the August 14th and 15th phenomenon known as the "Heat Haze."

THE SONGS.
    There's 22.

1. Artificial Enemy
    2. Mekakushi Code
    3. Heat Haze Daze
    4. Headphone Actor
    5. Imagination Forest
    6. Konoha's State of the World
    7. Kisaragi Attention
    8. Children Record
    9. Yobanashi Deceive
    10. Lost Time Memory
    11. Ayano's Theory of Happiness
    12. Moon View Recital
    13. Yuukei Yesterday
    14. Outer Science
    15. Summer Time Record

Bonus Tracks:

1. Toumei Answer
    2. Ene's Cyber Journey
    3. Gunjou Rain
    4. Shinigami Record
    5. Dead and Seek
    6. Marry's Fictional World
    7. Shounen Brave.

The novels were adapted from the songs, and are still being written today. There are currently six volumes of the novels, I will list the official English release pages here. It is known as Kagerou Daze.

Volume 1: Kagerou Daze 1 -in a daze-
    Volume 2: Kagerou Daze 2 -a headphone actor-
    Volume 3: Kagerou Daze 3 -the children's reason-
    Volume 4: Kagerou Daze 4 -the missing children- Not yet released.
    Volume 5: N/A.
    Volume 6: N/A.

The manga adaption is also ongoing, and there are seven volumes currently out. It is also titled Kagerou Daze.

Volume 1
    Volume 2
    Volume 3
    Volume 4
    Volume 5 Not yet released.
    Volume 6 Not yet released.
    Volume 7: N/A.

Finally, the anime, which is known as Mekakucity Actors, which was a twelve episode anime, adapted by SHAFT. It is licensed by Aniplex of America, and can be legally viewed on Crunchyroll for free.

Episodes (I will not link them).

1. Artificial Enemy.
    2. Kisaragi Attention
    3. Mekakushi Code
    4. Heat Haze Daze
    5. Kaien Panzermast/Showtime Loudspeaker Pole
    6. Headphone Actor
    7. Konoha's State of the World
    8. Lost Time Memory
    9. Ayano's Theory of Happiness
    10. Fantasy Forest/Imagination Forest
    11. Moon View Recital
    12. Summertime Record.

Since I'm tl;dring a bit with infodumping...

Favorite song?
    Which medium do you prefer? The songs? The novels? The manga or the anime?
    Favorite character(s)?
    Favorite eye power?

/Breathes. I'm done. Please discuss.

Skip Class

previously zappyspiker, but rainbow keeps trying t
    Years
    Not a huge fan but I do love KagePro. I only listened to a couple of the songs - because originally I wanted to go into the Anime blind without knowing much of the story.
    I didn't find the anime as people say it was a complete train wreck - since I didn't know much of the story prior, but I did find it enjoyable.

My favourite character used to be Hibiya because of Heat Haze Days, but then I ended up really liking Kano and Seto.
    Like said, Heat Haze Days is still one of my favourite songs, but I also really like Yobanashi Deceive generally because of a cover a mutual youtaite friend of mine did.
    Can't remember favourite eye power yet so I'll have to go back and edit it.

I have been meaning to read the manga, but I guess I kinda forgot about it lol. Will get to it soon though!

Sopheria

響け〜 響け!
    Years
    I've always had mixed feelings about Kagerou because I love pretty much all the characters, but, the anime felt like there were things "missing" from the story. Granted it's been a while since I've seen it, but idk, I remember there being a lot of points where I had no idea what was going on, only to do some research online and find out it's something that would make more sense to me if I had read the novels. Maybe one day I'll check out the novels...

My favorite characters were Kido and Ene ^^

Satoshi Ookami

Memento Mori
    Years
    Marry best girl...
    I guess everyone expected that, right? =D

And I'll be even more predictable and say that my favorite song is Kagerou Daze =D
    Tough fight with Lost Time Memory, but it's that one.

Taemin

move.
    Years
    • he / they
    • USA
    • Seen Apr 2, 2024
    For some reason I haven't replied here yet.

Favorite song? Yobanashi Deceive, Summertime Record, Lost Time Memory
    Favorite character(s)? Kano and Shintaro
    Which medium do you prefer? The songs? The novels? The manga or the anime? I prefer the songs and the manga to the anime and the novels. The novels are good, but I love seeing the art and the characters drawn out in the manga itself. Though, I do like how much more into details the novels go.
    Favorite eye power? I like Seto's the best, because I think it's very interesting how he can read minds and sense feelings.

Palamon

Silence is Purple
    Years
    I spent two hours on this thread last night. This is my favorite series of all time, and I'm never going to give up on it. Here goes.

Favorite song?

Well, all of them, actually, but the ones I have leaning bias towards are: Yobanashi Deceive , Lost Time Memory, and yes Outer Science.

Which medium do you prefer? The songs? The novels? The manga or the anime?

Again, all of them. I've breathed through all the mediums. I love the songs, I love the novels, I love the manga, and I love the anime. Sure, the anime is lacking, and doesn't do a good job of telling the story, but I've seen it three times already, and I'll happily watch it a fourth. The novels just tell the story in the best way because it gives the most detail.

Also, I'm going to say this right here, right now: the manga, novels and anime are all different canons/routes. You can go into the anime, novel or manga blind, and it wouldn't matter which one you pick. Each story starts the same, but after that most go onto different canons/routes, so honestly, you could pick any, and it wouldn't matter.

Favorite character(s)?

Again, all of them, my favorite fluctuates, but my current favorite is probably Seto at the moment.

Favorite eye power?

All of them. All of them are pretty neat, but Kano's eye power, because his eye power reminds me of myself from time to time.

doge

???
    Years
    i love this thread n i love u

Favorite song? ugh this is so hard, i can't really decide between these five - Headphone Actor, Outer Science, Summertime Record, Lost Time Memory, and Ayano's Theory of Happiness

Which medium do you prefer? The songs? The novels? The manga or the anime? I'd probably say the anime just because it's what introduced me to the series. I haven't really read the novels but I've read some of the manga. I'm not exactly caught up although I'm not even sure if it's been updated from where I was at when I read it. I just love the characters and how they interact with each other rather than whatever story the mediums have to offer.

Favorite character(s)? For me, it's definitely Ene, but Kido's awesome too.

Favorite eye power? Can't really say I have a favorite but I like how Kido and Momo's powers are complete opposites!

machomuu

Stuck in Hot Girl Summer
    Years
    the anime felt like there were things "missing" from the story. Granted it's been a while since I've seen it, but idk, I remember there being a lot of points where I had no idea what was going on
    Well if it helps, you're certainly not alone. Hell, the crowd that didn't like the show most was easily made up of those that enjoyed the other KagePro works.

Speaking of which, "Favorite song?"
    I'm gonna be real generic here and say, no question, Daze. Most of my experience with the songs has been in Osu and I hear them relatively often (not all of them, but Kisaragi Attention is a name that pops up pretty often, among others). While I can't give the show the same praise as the song, the OP was the reason that I decided to follow it as far as I did.

Probably because of Maria, since I love Garnidelia to death, but also because Jin, since I don't think I've heard a single KagePro song I didn't like.

Akiba

[img]http://i.imgur.com/o3RYT4v.png[/img]
    Years
    I was a huge Kagepro fan in the past. RIP 2012-2014.

I was such a fan that I started a Youtube channel for Kagepro utaite that amassed about 1400 subscribers before it was terminated.
    Spoiler:

I tried to stay on board after MCA, but it was hopeless. Any value that it might have previously offered me had been lost to the sands of time.

I'll say that Kano was my favorite character (Fem!Kano especially), and LTM was my favorite song.

Yobanashi Deceive was a fantastic light novel.

This review more or less marks the point when I left the fandom: https://hummingbird.me/anime/mekaku-city-actors/reviews/6631

Wow. 14 year-old me sounds so different.

But there you have it. I've pretty much cut off all ties to this fandom.

Back