• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Sinnoh Refrences

MarioManH

top kek
    Years
    The is all theory-crafting, so don't jump to be assuming there will be a 4th gen remake. However it's certainly a very good possibility we can see a 4th Gen Remake this Generation. Personally I would prefer to see a 1st Gen remake again but the fact they released RBY on the Virtual Console with PokeBank compatability makes the possibility for a 1st Gen remake less likely. However, that doesn't put 4th Gen out by any means. In DPP we saw the Steel Type Gym Leader make a cameo including other subtle references to the Johto Region (then a few years later HGSS came to be). In XY, there were subtle call outs to Hoenn, the largest of which giving 3d Gen Starters Mega Evolutions as opposed to any of the others starters (Yes Kanto got there's too which coincided with the Kanto Starter you got in game as well as Pokemon Origins). With that being said, it may be likely we will see direct references to Sinnoh in this game. Perhaps you interact with Cynthia in some way involving the Sun/Moon Pokemon, or even Zygrade? Perhaps another Gym Leader Cameo like they did in DPP?

EDIT: Sorry for Title Typo, I'm on mobile right now :(

Last edited:

pkmin3033

Oh gawd, I hope so! DPPt are my favourite games, so if they started dropping hints for remakes of these I think I'd probably ricochet off the ceiling.

Cynthia appearing would be the best hint - because Cynthia, obviously - but I'd like to see some more subtle references too, through random NPC conversations, etc. Perhaps the Distortion World could factor into the game somehow, too? I think with Moon especially there are plenty of opportunities to namedrop Cresselia and Darkrai, since they're found on islands named after lunar phases...and there's the Lunar Wing item, too. Being given a Lunar Wing in the game that serves no purpose other than to be transferred to Sinnoh remakes would be nice.

Also, there should be a really big, beefy guy who just screams "I LOVE BASTIODON!" if you talk to him. This is mandatory.

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
    Years
    PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE we're due for Sinnoh remakes and I really hope they happen. I'd really love to see the same hints happen in the new games. WORST case, I guess I'd at least settle for a lot of references so it at least feels like I'm going back home, even if they won't give me remakes because they aren't "needed"... T_T;

I want Gardenia to return as an Elite 4 with a team of six Cherrim in Pokemon Sun.

MarioManH

top kek
    Years
    In all honesty the main problem in the story should somehow involve different professors to help out, and out of all of the cameos you may only get to talk to Rowan after everything goes down? (Maybe Oak because he's so popular as well, and he can then make a slight reference to the VC release of RBY and their PokeBank compatability.)

Mark Kamill

I like kitties
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jun 13, 2023
    I think we are gonna get another gap generation for the remakes, if this one does last till 2019.Of course that is assuming the second release of the generation is something othwe then remakes, but with no Z/XY2/ZXZY, maybe that indeed is what we are gonna get. Sinnoh remakes are high on my wishlist thlugh, I hope we do get them.

Years
    I think Evil Stud Muffin's theory is one that I'm onto, considering we hoped for Hoenn remakes in 5th Gen but they happened in 6th Gen instead. Considering D/P/Pt can still be played on a 3DS, I guess they'll likely wait for another new handheld before coming to a choice for making a Sinnoh remake.

MarioManH

top kek
    Years
    Personally I feel like they skipped 5th Gen is because the 3DS was already announced prior to the announcement for Black/White, Generations tend to stick the console they were made for and wanted to just run through 5th Gen as quick as they wanted to before moving onto 6th Gen (XY). As far as we know, the only system Nintendo is planning right now is this next home console, and they already recently released the "newer 3DS" so there's really no need to rush out another new DS system.

LilBueno

Boy Wonder
    Years
    I never got around to playing the Sinnoh games (or Unova for that matter).
    It'd be interesting, though. If Sinnoh gets confirmed to have a significant influence this generation, I might actually go back and pick up the games.

Sopheria

響け〜 響け!
    Years
    As much as I'd love a Sinnoh remake to hit the shelves this generation, it doesn't seem likely to me for the reasons Hika and Evil Stud Muffin said. We've never actually gotten two remakes on the same console, thus far they've always been one console removed from one another. I think that's best actually: there was an upgrade in graphics and console capabilities between 3rd gen and 4th gen, so shouldn't there also be a similar upgrade between OR/AS and the Sinnoh remakes?

It's definitely possible that we'll get Sinnoh references in Sun & Moon, but I wouldn't assume that they automatically point to a Sinnoh remake this generation. That is unless there's a whole bunch of them. But one or two Sinnoh-native legendaries or a few cameos might not be enough to constitute foreshadowing.

Snoopyfish

10% Dog - 90% Fish
    Years
    • Seen Mar 9, 2016
    Here's something I said in another remake thread in the 4th Gen subforum.

If we're talking statistics (which were all completely thrown out of the window by the title release of Sun & Moon), I would say that the DP remakes won't be released until the 8th Generation.

The remakes of Generation 1 in Gen 3 are stricken from the list since 1 is a prime number and has no multiple, save for itself.

Gen 2 Remakes > Gen 4
    Gen 3 Remakes > Gen 6
    Gen 4 Remakes > Gen 8 (Estimate)

LilyGardy

The Flowering Pokemon
    Years
    I can see Cynthia making an appearance as some form of Bonus Boss similar to her appearance in B2W2.

Other than that other than a random appearance of one of the Gym Leaders (Like Wake appearing in Route 18 in B2W2) I can't see too many Sinnoh references or any outside of Kanto which the developers love calling back too.

On remakes ORAS were arguably not as good as Emerald due to omitting things from the third version. (Gym Leader Rematches and The Battle Frontier for instance). DP remakes may have the same issue such as the limited Pokedex which included just two Fire Type Familys.

Back