• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Hi everyone!

Years
    • Seen Sep 16, 2017
    Nice to meet you all!
    I've been playing Pokémon games since 1998, I especially love the first three generation games, Kanto Johto and Hoenn are my true home.
    But I also like almost all the newer species, each and every generation has its many ups and a few downs.
    I like collecting, exploring and zoology, so Pokémon has always been unavoidably one heck of a obsession for me.

Since two years ago I started developing an android game as a first autodidactic experiment, it's a customizable gps monster-catching game, and the first external data pack I created for it is of course... about pokémon.
    It's currently in beta on google play, I have 10-15 people trying it on their devices, and now I'd like to share it with everyone interested, to hear what they think about it and improve even more. I got interested in this forum because I see there are a lot of discussions about fangames, and it seems a really fun place.
    From a first look, I think the section I'm looking for is:
    The PokéCommunity Forums > Create & Discover > Game Development > Progressing Games
    Is it right?

Thanks for your time and sorry for going straight to the point, of course I'd like to use the forum for pokémon matters not related to my game as well!

Last edited by a moderator:
    Years
  • It's actually a little confusing to understand where those sorts of games would go. Anything related to phone apps would probably fall under the umbrella of Computers & Technology rather than Game Development but I'd give one of the computers/tech mods a poke to double check just to be sure. We don't get many user-made apps posted here so it's sort of a gray area that we don't delve into too often.

..but it's very awesome you made something like that! I don't have the talent for developing games or programs so I watch from afar and admire people's talents. Hope your project keeps growing and becomes more awesome. 8] Welcome to PC and you're more than welcome to ask me if you need more help!

Years
    • Seen Sep 16, 2017
    It's actually a little confusing to understand where those sorts of games would go. Anything related to phone apps would probably fall under the umbrella of Computers & Technology rather than Game Development but I'd give one of the computers/tech mods a poke to double check just to be sure. We don't get many user-made apps posted here so it's sort of a gray area that we don't delve into too often.

..but it's very awesome you made something like that! I don't have the talent for developing games or programs so I watch from afar and admire people's talents. Hope your project keeps growing and becomes more awesome. 8] Welcome to PC and you're more than welcome to ask me if you need more help!

Many thanks, the moderators I contacted confirmed I should post about it in Progressing Games so I'll do it soon, see you around!

Dragon

lover of milotics
    Years
  • Hi everyone!

Nice to meet you too! Nice to meet a fellow long time Pokémon fan, in fact!
    You can call me Dragon; a fellow lover of the franchise. <33

I really love Kanto, Johto and Hoenn too. Kanto because it has my favourite Gym Leader of all time, Erika! Johto has that Asian feel to it, and the Kimono Girls are wonderful! Hoenn I love the tropic atmosphere with the evil teams and such! Have you heard about Pokemon Sun and Moon? Can't wait to learn more about those games!

I wish you good luck on your android game! There's indeed a ton of discussions about fangames, and ROM Hacks, so feel free to check those out! But yeah, have a great time visiting and participating in those sections, and I can't wait to get to know more of you! <33

Back