• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Greenlit: Pokken Articles

bobandbill

one more time
Years
  • A new game is to come out pretty soon - Pokken tournament for the Wii U. I feel there'll be good opportunity for articles on a new game, including perhaps some videos of gameplay. If you have any ideas for articles on the game, factual or otherwise, toss them in here!

bobandbill

one more time
    Years
  • Well, here's an idea - a series of guides, one for each of the Pokemon characters you can choose to fight with - say explaining the playstyle to get the best out of the Pokemon, a few optimal combos, which stat it would appreciate being levelled first, etc. It can also extend to other features such as which support sets are the best.

Such guides can start as discussion threads in the section as well, and hence be a community project - people make their suggestions (and hence give activity to the section), and someone takes those discussion points and fashions an article out of it. if we're being really ambitious and someone was keen, a video could be made to support it as well... but that requires someone with the time and the streaming capabilities (it'd be neat if you could have uploaded battles ala VS Recorder in the main games for Pokken, and say replays in Mario Kart... ah well).

Thoughts? Also pinging the mod of that section as well. (Hi Ben!)
    Achromatic said:

bobandbill

one more time
    Years
  • I'd really like to see that! Personally I don't know too much about the best ways to play so I think these could be really useful. Would love to see. :)

Making videos for all the Pokémon would be too consuming though, I think. That's quite a lot of work. :(
    Any Pokemon we should make a discussion thread for first (and hence article for first)? Open question btw.

Yeah, I thought as much with videos.

bobandbill

one more time
    Years
  • Thinking aloud on structure (rough):

- Short into on the article series
    - Introduce the Pokemon the article is about
    - Playstyle - how it is best used (e.g. from range or close in? etc)
    - Recommended combos
    - Idea stat boosts
    - Conclusion

Ben, fine with you making a thread now/soon if you'd like in Pokken section on either Pikachu/Lucario, but if you do, mention that responses will be used in a daily article, mention the above outline as things we're looking for, and link to this thread. Else I'll make one sometime tomorrow.

Who wants to write this as well? I can if necessary but I am open to other people taking it on as well, so if you are interested speak up!

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen today
    I know that you and Ben aren't too keen on making a video guide, but I like the idea of a video guide better than a text one. It is a video game and showing the stuff often makes it easier to understand than simply reading it. The plan is more to make a basic/beginner's guide to the characters anyway. At the very least images/gifs/short videos should be included to some degree.

I think it's also ok if it takes a while; the game's not been out for a week yet and our Pokken memberbase/playerbase is still small. There's not a whole lot of people to contribute to the production of the articles really. Thoughts on the metagame and characters tend to be all over the place early on, and often inaccurate.

Also one other thing: once we start making these (I assume there will eventually be one for each Pokemon), maybe make a sticked thread in the Pokken section to house all the guides in one place? Would be a useful resource for people.

bobandbill

one more time
    Years
  • I know that you and Ben aren't too keen on making a video guide, but I like the idea of a video guide better than a text one. It is a video game and showing the stuff often makes it easier to understand than simply reading it. The plan is more to make a basic/beginner's guide to the characters anyway. At the very least images/gifs/short videos should be included to some degree.
    Thing is, of us two only Ben can, and it's unlikely many others could (you need special recording software for the Wii U with Pokken). I agree that videos would be great, but unless someone was eager and could 'definitely' do it for each Pokemon as we cover them, I don't plan to commit to having them.
    I think it's also ok if it takes a while; the game's not been out for a week yet and our Pokken memberbase/playerbase is still small. There's not a whole lot of people to contribute to the production of the articles really. Thoughts on the metagame and characters tend to be all over the place early on, and often inaccurate.
    Well, first we need some responses to the thread (0 atm . :<) At worst it doesn't work out, but even though it's early people are already analysing how each character fares on other sites. I am in no rush with this article of course, but I don't think it unreasonable for thoughts on it to be shared already.
    Also one other thing: once we start making these (I assume there will eventually be one for each Pokemon), maybe make a sticked thread in the Pokken section to house all the guides in one place? Would be a useful resource for people.
    Sounds like a good idea to me!

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen today
    Since it seems that no one wants to contribute to a Lucario guide right now, do you perhaps want to try another Pokemon for now? A user made a decent thread/Blaziken guide in the Pokken section, and it's started to garner responses, so maybe work with him and that to get a guide article for the Daily going?

For future reference, I would be willing to contribute to a Garchomp guide, and you might be able to convince Spino to contribute to a Machamp guide.

Back