Mewtwolover

Age 35
Finland
Seen 4 Hours Ago
Posted 10 Hours Ago
946 posts
13.1 Years
It might be free-to-play but it's very likely pay-to-win as well since it's about collecting figures and assembling a deck. Hard to believe that they wont sell the figures, this game is made for taking money away from kids who don't have patience to get the figures by playing the game.
Mewtwo X Espeon 4-ever!

Fannie

Don't let my milk go lumpy

Age 28
Female
UK
Seen December 31st, 2016
Posted May 14th, 2016
553 posts
4.7 Years
It might be free-to-play but it's very likely pay-to-win as well since it's about collecting figures and assembling a deck. Hard to believe that they wont sell the figures, this game is made for taking money away from kids who don't have patience to get the figures by playing the game.
Yes and they tease the gamer that would willingly spend the time by limiting the time you can play each day. I play Pokemon Picross and that's the one thing I dislike about it.
4656 - 9729 - 6391
CDB gone dun'd the adorable avatar
clicky here to drop by his shop

Imperator161

Seen 1 Week Ago
Posted 1 Week Ago
1,417 posts
12 Years
Yes and they tease the gamer that would willingly spend the time by limiting the time you can play each day. I play Pokemon Picross and that's the one thing I dislike about it.
Picross was especially brutal on that front. There was so little to do each day, and if you wanted to progress without paying for it, you had to play the same levels over and over again. Not fun in a puzzle game.

I'll give this game a try, but if it's too much of a pay to win setup, I'll probably ditch it. I don't like encouraging that model of gameplay.
Diamond FC: 1504 2172 1147
White FC: 1721 2860 5156
3DS XL FC (X): 2466-2669-5197

Hikamaru

Age 27
Female
Australia
Seen January 24th, 2019
Posted September 4th, 2018
50,232 posts
9.4 Years
If those figures seem to be part of the game, I imagine it likely won't succeed if you're forcing people to have to pay to play.
Gone forever for personal reasons.
Visit my Tumblr page if you wish to contact me.

http://daikenkki.tumblr.com/

Fannie

Don't let my milk go lumpy

Age 28
Female
UK
Seen December 31st, 2016
Posted May 14th, 2016
553 posts
4.7 Years
Picross was especially brutal on that front. There was so little to do each day, and if you wanted to progress without paying for it, you had to play the same levels over and over again. Not fun in a puzzle game.

I'll give this game a try, but if it's too much of a pay to win setup, I'll probably ditch it. I don't like encouraging that model of gameplay.
Yeah! And there are challenges to each puzzle that involve the use of Pokemon that aren't unlocked until much later stages. I'm with you on not wanting to promote this but I really like picross puzzles so it's frustrating. There's an option to spend a certain amount of money on picrites to unlock an infinite amount but it ends up coming to about the same price as ORAS. No thanks xD
4656 - 9729 - 6391
CDB gone dun'd the adorable avatar
clicky here to drop by his shop

Imperator161

Seen 1 Week Ago
Posted 1 Week Ago
1,417 posts
12 Years
Yeah! And there are challenges to each puzzle that involve the use of Pokemon that aren't unlocked until much later stages. I'm with you on not wanting to promote this but I really like picross puzzles so it's frustrating. There's an option to spend a certain amount of money on picrites to unlock an infinite amount but it ends up coming to about the same price as ORAS. No thanks xD
Yeah, in the end, I realized I like Picross, and I liked Pokemon, but I wasn't willing to support this particular style of gameplay and marketing approach. I think there might be another (cheaper) Picross game on the eshop somewhere, though I haven't tried that one, or there are always Picross books. To be honest, I felt like the Pokemon element was really forced into the game, and the Pokemon didn't add that much to Picross (or enough to make it worth the price).
Diamond FC: 1504 2172 1147
White FC: 1721 2860 5156
3DS XL FC (X): 2466-2669-5197