• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Other Original] Forgotten Survival.

killer-curry

Oro.........?
Years
  • Day One:

I woke up. I could feel the hot sun blaze of the afternoon. I could not remember what ever happened to me but I was just lying down by the beach. The beach was quite nice though. There was a road beside the beach but I did not know where I was since the sun was in the middle of the sky. I took a random guess and went towards the right side.

Soon, I felt thirsty, hungry and itchy so I must find a safe place to stay. After a long walk, I saw a small hut. I went inside and found some canned food and a small canteen. I took a stone to smash the cans and ate some food. Pretty lucky enough that can food did not taste funny.

In front of the hut was a town, so I thought that I could look around and see any people there. It took about a few minutes to reach there, but I could not see any presence of people, it was just dead silence with the sound of gentle wind breeze. I looked around the houses and searched for any loots or equipment.

To my surprise I found an axe. It was not blunt so it would be pretty handy to cut things. After a while I ran into a small well which was still containing water. I found a small wooden bucket and dropped into it but I forgot that there was no rope inside it! I quickly found a way to grab it by cutting some young green plants and wrapped them into a small rope. Then I tied a small knot so I could hook the bucket.

I threw the rope into the bucket and tried to hook it, but failed. After many tries, I succeed in hooking the bucket and pulling it out. I got a bucket of water but I wasn't sure about drinking it because it may contaminate and I could be ill or poisoned from drinking it. So, I put it by the well and explore the town first.

The town may had been banished for a long time ago, since the tall grasses were invading the buildings. The size of it was not quite big, with some medium sized buildings and a supermarket. I went into the supermarket and found some snacks and a backpack which would be very useful to me.

The sun was setting very fast and the night was falling, so I quickly took the bucket of water and found a shelter inside a small house.

As the sun set down, I managed to cut some branches and put them on the fireplace. I lit them up by using running some small dried grasses with a small stick. I cooked the bucket of water by using a small cooking pot which was found earlier in the supermarket.

I gathered all my equipment I have. Axes, water bottle, back pack, food, some small cloths and ropes. Just at my left, there was a small house with yellow wall painting and nice blue roof painting, so I decided to checked it out. Inside the living room I caught a small family picture on a table, it was blurred but I could see people in the picture smiling, it was blurred but I could see people in the picture are smiling. Then I looked around the rooms, they were quite messy and filled with dust. When I was searching some drawers from one of the bedrooms, I found a small diary.

It had a lot of past memories of someone and what I found interesting was in the last pages where the writer was saying something weird was happened in this place and went viral. People became cannibals, they attacked others and even ate them. The people tried to kill but they were too fast and grew to mutated monsters. Government had sent army forces to control the situation but it went failed miserably. The apocalypse was happened so fast that people could not evacuate in time, resulting more deaths and more people got infected.

There were some words at the last pages but it was blurred out and I could not read the words clearly. At least I got the picture of the situation, it could be virus outbreak or something else happened. But I guess the apocalypse was over and everything seemed to be find but people were no longer to live here anymore....probably.

I went out to the house and looked at the stars, they were beautiful and amazing. The cold wind breeze touched my face and I could smell fresh air. I tried to remember my past but I could not, is this could be amnesia? Maybe I should take a rest to have more energy for tomorrow's adventure.

x x x x x​

Day Two:

I was in a ship. There were huge waves attacking the ship. Water entered my eyes as I tried to open them but I couldn't. I hear people screaming and running around. The ship began to sink and water was rushing very fast into it. I tried to stand up and run towards the sea but I slipped off and fell down. A huge wave came and hit the ship. I was flushed away by the sea current and began to drown. I tried to swim towards the surface but I had no energy and fainted.

I woke up, it was a dream. I sat on a bench and looked at the sky; I asked myself why I was on the ship? I had no idea but, this journey must be continued.

I quickly packed my things and continued my journey. It was quite calm morning, the wind breeze from the sea touched my hand gently, the leaves from the trees were taken by the wind flow. I felt quite relaxed and energized while walking down this path of road.

I walked towards inland and went through a thick forest. The forest was filled with wild animals, so I decided to hunt them down to get some food for dinner. Not far from me there was a female deer wandering around, so I took a rifle and aimed at it. Suddenly I step on a leaf and made some crack noises. The deer heard the noise and became very cautious. I tried to stay low and wait for the deer to calm.

After a while, the deer was calm and I had my second chance to hunt it down. I aimed at the deer carefully and hold my breath to keep my aim steady. When I wanted to pull the trigger, suddenly there were a pack of wolves that attacked the deer and ate it furiously. I tried to stay away from them before they spotted me and attacked me. I hide behind a bush and waited for them to finish their meal.

As soon as they went off, I quickly went to the deer corpse and harvested some remaining meat from it. It was very unfortunate but I could not sacrifice my life just for getting more meat. I thought the wolves were gone but when I was about to go, I saw a white wolf in front of me.

The white wolf had no intention of attacking me but the eyes were still looking at me. I tried not to rush so I would not get attacked by it. It stared at me for a while and went back to its pack. I thought maybe the wolf wanted to observe me closer, so I must be even more careful right now.

As I walked deeper into the forest, the sunlight became dimmer and the forest became thicker. I found a small stream and decided to have a small rest and refresh myself. While I was washing my face, suddenly I saw a fresh footprint. It looked like a human foot but it was bigger than mine. Probably a creature which was even taller than me like half a meter. I tried to follow the footprints but they were too hard to find as I progressed. In the end, I could not find my way back to the stream and lost.

The day became very dark and I guessed it would be great idea to camp around here. I quickly set up a small campfire and cooked the deer meat that I harvested. The surroundings was quite creepy, there was no sound at all but the gushing sound of strong wind. I took a branch and sketch a map just to determine my position. With a help from my compass, I could know where the wind blow from and planned out a route.

As the moon rising, I took out a blanket and wrap myself. Maybe I should take a rest and hope I can get the hell out from this forest.

But after a while of laying down, I heard distinctive footstep sounds. It was closing towards me, I quickly grab my rifle and prepared to fire. Then, I heard wolves' growling sounds. I quickly head towards the direction of the sound and saw a group of wolves and a tall creature. It was so dark that I could not even see clearly what it was. But, the creature moved very fast and attacked the wolves with sharp claws. The wolves were critically wounded and some were died from the attack.

I tried to fire but the creature was moving too fast and I could not aim fully at it. I took a blind fire and it seemed to be a hit, the creature growled in pain. It looked at me with red glowing eyes; I quickly pull the bolt and tried to fire again. But, it reached before I even pull the trigger.

It pushed me down and used its claws to attack me. But, suddenly a white wolf knocked it down. I quickly stood up and shot its head, it was a fatal hit. I took a close look at the creature, I was totally shocked. It was a mutated human, the hands had razor sharp claws and the muscles were large. Were the infected humans became like this? This was not good, that meant there would be more mutated creatures like this.

I looked around to wonder where the wolf gone to, I went out to the bush and saw it was standing by the dead bodies of the wolves, it sniffed at them and licked their bodies. I was sympathized their death and also felt grateful that the wolf saved my life. I thought of burying them so I dug a hole and put all the wolves' body into it. The white wolf looked at me with watchful eyes, but it allowed me to bury them so I continue to bury them.

After that, I put a stick onto the ground as a memorial for the deaths. The white wolf stood up on the rock, looked at to the full moon. It growls softly, as if it was saying goodbye to its partners. I left and went to sleep, but the wolf followed me at a distance. It seemed to want me to be its partner, so I allowed it to stay close with me. I put my blanket again and closed my eyes.

Somehow, I felt safer to sleep; perhaps no more sudden attacks?

x x x x x​

Last edited:
    Years
  • Okay um, you're sentences are very staccato, as in disjointed. They just jump from one subject to another without flow. This can be remedied with a little modification and with extra details. Example, the first paragraph of the story: "I woke up. I could feel the hot sun blaze of the afternoon. I could not remember what ever happened to me but I was just lying down by the beach. The beach was quite nice though. There was a road beside the beach but I did not know where I was since the sun was in the middle of the sky. I took a random guess and went towards the right side. " You could add more detail and it becomes:

"I opened my eyes to the blaze of the burning sun on my skin, the extreme heat causing it to prickle uncomfortably. I shifted my head around to see an expanse of clear white sand to my front and back, and to my side an even larger expanse of rolling blue waves - the beach. I had no idea where I was, but by the sun's position in the center of the sky I had to have been there a while. I stood up, feeling the sand crunch between my toes as I took a better look at my surroundings. Though the beach seemed to stretch into infinity, there was a road stretching lazily along with it. With nowhere else to go and nothing else to do, I gave myself to chance and started walking purposely down the right side."

Maybe not detail in that exact form, but detail would flavor up your text and make the sentences run together much better. Okay, off from that, this seems like a general the-world's-gone-to-hell apocalypse story. The narrator's quite calm about it though, I wonder if it means something. At least he has a "friend" to help him through.

killer-curry

Oro.........?
    Years
  • Oh, thanks for your advice! I am not really know how to put more details, but I willingly to learn more for getting improvement in my writing skills.

Bay

Years
  • Hey, so I remember you sending this to me in private some weeks back and looks like you continued the story. Decided to leave a more detailed feedback!

First off, Aisu mentions your sentence going all over the place and needing details on some place. While I agree to some extend, I think a lot of it has to do with you choosing first person instead of third person ("I went to the house" vs "He went to the house"). With first person, you're end up starting your sentences with the pronoun "I" often. I actually think your description isn't too bad, you just need to rewrite some sentences where you don't always end up using "I" at the start of the sentences. It also doesn't hurt to add some sentences together too. Aisu gave an example how to add and mix the sentences, but I'll give a couple examples myself along with pinpointing out some awkward sentences.

It took about few minutes to reach there, but I could not see any presence of people, it was just dead silence with the sound of gentle wind breeze.

"It took about a few minutes to reach there..." (add "a" between "about" and "few minutes")

I threw the rope into the bucket and tried to hook it, but failed. I tried again and again but yet it failed to hook it on. However, I did not give up and keep doing it again. Finally I succeed to hook the bucket and pulled it out. I got a bucket of water but I wasn't sure about drinking it because it may contaminate and I could be ill or poisoned from drinking it. So, I put it by the well and explore the town first.

This is another sentence where the "I's" became apparent. Add and mix sentences so you don't always start with the pronoun I. For instance--

I threw the rope into the bucket and tried to hook it, but failed. After many tries, I succeed in hooking the bucket and pulling it out. I got a bucket of water but I wasn't sure about drinking it because it may contaminate and I could be ill or poisoned from drinking it. So, I put it by the well and explore the town first.

Not perfect, but I took out the "I tried again" bit as saying "after many tries" will get the point across faster.

I gathered all my equipment I have. Axes, water bottle, back pack, food, some small cloths and ropes. I stood up and went to seek around the small house. I saw a small family picture, it was blurred but I could see people in the picture are smiling. Then I looked around the rooms, they were quite messy and filled with dust. When I was searching some drawers from one of the bedrooms, I found a small diary.

This bolded part you could put an extra sentence or two how the narrator finds the small house. Is it somewhere in the city or just outside it, for instance? Perhaps an extra detail of the house too. One other suggestion is you can change the sentence "I saw a small family picture" to something like, "Inside the living room I caught a small family picture on a table, it was blurred but I could see people in the picture smiling."

It had a lot of past memories of someone and what I found interested was in the last pages where the writer was saying something weird was happened in this place and went viral.

"What I found interesting." Usually for the past tense "interested" you would use it in sentences like, "I'm interested in you" or "He was originally interested in it."

Water entered my eyes I tried to open them but I couldn't.

Probably "Water entered my eyes as I tried to open them but I couldn't."

The forest was filled with wild animals. I tried to hunt it down so I could get some food for dinner.

These two sentences you can add and mix like this--

The forest was filled with wild animals, so I decided to hunt them down to get some food for dinner.

When I wanted to pull the trigger, suddenly there were few animals attacked the deer, they were pack of wolves. They hunt it and ate it furiously.

When I wanted to pull the trigger, suddenly there were a pack of wolves that attacked the deer and ate it furiously.

The surrounding was quite creepy, there was no sound at all but the gushing sound of strong wind.
    "Surroundings" I think.

But after a while of laying down, I heard a distinctive footstep sounds. It was closing towards me, I quickly grab my rifle and prepared to fire. Then, I heard wolves' growling sounds. I quickly head towards the sound direction and saw a group of wolves and a tall creature. .

Bolded part I think you can take out "a". Second bolded part, "the direction of the sound."

It seemed want me to be its partner. So I allowed it to stay close with me, I put my blanket again and closed my eyes.

Awkward sentences there. Perhaps rewrite it like this--

It seemed to want me to be its partner, so I allowed it to stay close with me. I put my blanket again and closed my eyes.

Overall I think your description did get better for Day 2, for kudos for that. One thing I would like to see more is the narrator describing some of his reactions. This is harder for first person, but see if you can add in more action words and the way he feels. Like for instance instead of just "I woke up", how about "I woke up with a shaky breath." Instead of "I was shocked", how about, "My jaws dropped and I could feel my heart racing." Those kind of details.

Okay nippicking out the way, onto the story itself. While in survival stories the animal saving the human and sticks with them has been done a lot, I still like what you got there. I also feel bad for the wolf being the only one alive from its pack. Still early a bit to tell how this survival story will go and what kind of twists you have planned, but I'm still interested where you'll go from there and the "dream" with the ship has me curious. I might see about sticking around.

Bay

Years
  • Hi, I want to mention that usually "teasers" or the chapter halfway posted isn't allowed due to the readers probably won't have much feedback to talk about. Just a warning!

Since I'm here, that entry does get me curious over some things, like did something went wrong while the team worked with Russia and how effective are the suits/equipment. I'm sure those concerns will be answered soon. Looking forward to the rest of the chapter.

killer-curry

Oro.........?
    Years
  • Day Three:

I opened my eyes and, as I turned my head to my side, I could see Dash lying beside me. That's what I decided to call him, Dash, striking and agile. He had been so happy when I first called him that, jumping about in joy. I reached out and grazed his fur, behind his neck, and felt him awake. He licked my hand in greeting, and I smiled.

After having some bread for breakfast, we prepared ourselves and walked through this thick forest. Within these bushes, I saw some fresh footprints and the sizes were as same as a human foot. Besides, the footprint was shaped like a shoe, indicating possible survivors. So, I guess it would be a good idea to follow the trail. Dash went forward and scout for danger.

As we following it, the trail was gone but Dash picked up a scent and growled slowly, I became very cautious and hold my rifle very tight. Suddenly, someone told us to freeze and we got surrounded by people. They were armed with weapons, and seemingly not giving us a warm welcome. I put down my rifle and got my hands up slowly. Dash wanted to bite them, but I told him not to do it.

A tough man came up and looked at me with his stern eyes. I felt a little nervous and but I tried to stay calm. After a while, he said them I was a lone survivor and told them to put down their weapons. Then, he apologize me and asked me to follow them to their town. He told me his name was Francis; he came around this place to search for animals to hunt.

Just a few miles of walking, we arrived at a small town. The streets were quiet and people were working hard to gather all the supplies and building up the defence wall. The man told me that there were bandits raiding here recently so they tried to put as much effort as possible for defending the whole town and the people. He told me to meet with the leader at the small hut ahead.

The leader was surprisingly a girl and she looked at me with curious eyes. She told me her name was Lushia. She was quite short and wore singlet and jeans but her look was quite stern and did not give me a good feeling about her. Suddenly, my stomach gave a loud growling sound. She laughed at me and said I must have been not eating for days, so she gave me some biscuits and water while Dash got some cookies to eat. I felt a little awkward for a while, but I thanked her for that.

She asked me where was I from, but I told her that I lost my memory. She was not convinced by my answer so I explained to her that if I was one of the bandits, Francis could have been killed by that time he found me. Francis told her that he found no one was following him; furthermore he was sure that I was not a bad guy. After a while, Lushia came to me with a smile face and gave a pat on my shoulder and said that she trusted me.

In addition, I asked her about the tall creature that I saw yesterday night. She told me that the most of the people were infected and became a tall monstrous undead. They grew sharp claws, very fast and deadly, fighting them would be very hard but as long as the group stayed together, she was quite convinced it would be fine.

She then asked me to get have a dinner with them later, I went for it. As the sun setting, we gathered around in the town hall to have our dinner. The ladies cooked us some potato soup and gave some bread. It was lucky enough to have a good meal since I had only cooked meat with no flavor, or even some mushrooms that could be poisonous. I quickly finished my dinner and went outside for some fresh air.

I saw Lushia was sitting on a bench outside. I looked at her, her eyes were filled with tears, I thought of walking away and leave her alone but she told me to come back, so I went back to her and sat beside her. Then, I asked her what had happened during the apocalypse.

She said that her father was the town mayor and during apocalypse he leaded the people for safety in town hall. During that time, many people were not infected but bandits kept raiding the town for looting items. He had no choice but fought with them, unfortunate he was killed and her mother was captured by them and went missing. She was angry and wanted to revenge, but I asked her to calm down and put down that sad feelings. She wiped out the tears and thanked me for cheering her up.

The night was falling and everyone was putting their guards up. The women and children were staying inside the school for safety while me, Lushia and others were guarding the town. We had enough ammunition and food supply for a night.Dash and I were guarding at the front side of the town and observing the situation. Suddenly, I saw two shadows at the front and moving rapidly towards us. All the people armed themselves and stayed cautious.

One of the men put the spotlight on that direction and saw a woman and a child. They seemed to be immune and weak, so Lushia quickly asked the people to rescue them. Somehow I did feel strange about this woman as she was hiding something behind her back, so I ask Dash to check her. Dash quickly went beside the woman and smelt to search for abnormal items, but the women suddenly fought back and pushed him away. He became fierce and bit her arm, her clothes were torn off and we saw bomb equipment around her. She wanted to detonate it but Dash tried to pin her down.

The guards quickly captured her and the child, but suddenly there were lights everywhere. We are totally being ambushed! The bandits were here and wanted to raid the town again, Lushia commanded everyone to take cover and defend the frontline. But, the bandits were using the armoured car to ram the barriers and crushed through the town. We were pinned down by their machine guns and could not hold for long time, so we quickly retreat back to the alley while the bandits quickly broke through the shops and houses, stealing away the supplies and killing the innocents.

In the alley, we were running as fast as we could to the school but the buildings were burned down and the fallen debris had blocked our way. The bandits were appeared at our behind too and began to chase us, so we quickly split up and ran away from them. When I ran to another street, I saw another group of bandits and they were armed with guns, they looked at me quickly fired and I ran behind a car for cover. At the moment of intense firing, I saw a toy grenade beside me and I threw at them. They thought it was a real grenade and fled away, I quickly escaped while they were distracted.

When I arrived at the school, I saw dead bodies everywhere and no one was survived. Lushia was there, she wanted to head back for revenge but I hold her hand and told her it was useless. She was filled with rage and disappointment because she could not do anything about it. Without wasting any time, we quickly grabbed anything we could use and escaped from the town through a small road before the bandits found us. Lushia looked back to the town, it was burned into inferno and no survivors were left behind. She hold her breath and walked away.

We walked for quite a long distance and stopped by a small lake, there was a small hut that we could use for shelter. Since this place was safe from wild danger, we could camp here for a night. I quickly help the injured people to bandage the wounds while Lushia was scouting for any danger. Everyone was sleeping but I was still sitting by the lake with Dash, I tried to clean the dirt from his fur. Dash seemed to like me doing it and licked my face.

Lushia came over and sat next to me. Her face was filled with frown and she was very disappointed about herself. She sobbed for a while and tears came out from her eyes, I took a cloth gave her to wipe off the tears. I told her that she should put down the feelings and looked forward, now we were needed to get rescue and escape this place.

She wiped all her tears and felt a little better. Then, she asked me whether I still remembered the past memory, I said that I still could not remember but maybe someday I could find back my memory again. We laid down and look at the sky, it was filled with stars and they were beautiful. And that time, my eyes were closing slowly….

x x x x x​

Day Four:
    I was in a dream again, but it was quite a different one. I was sitting in an office room and there were few people that were beside me, then a man with a full Russian military officer uniform came into the office and sat down in front of us. He said that we were being called for a special operation.

He said that we would go to an island called Chernogorsk which located at the southern part of Russia. While he was explaining the details of the operation, I suddenly had a severe headache and went whited out. When I opened my eyes, I realized the sun was rising up and my body was covered with a blanket. Dash came over and licked my face to wake me up while Lushia told me that we should get going. I was confused about the dream I had, what kind of mission was that, was this island called Chernogorsk? So, I asked Lushia about this island's name, she said it was called Berezino.

So after minutes of preparations, we continued to walk down this narrow and windy dirt road. The mountains were quite gorgeous; Lushia said those mountains were called Valley of the Treasure due to the rich amount of flora and fauna species also beautiful scenery views. The animals around here were seemed to be intact from the infection, as no abnormal forms were seen from them. There was a huge waterfall which was stone throw away from us, we reached there and had some refreshment.

The water was cold and fresh, besides there were some aquatic animals were around there. The fishes were amazed me because their body had quite unique colours such as rainbow, purple, red and more. We took a rest for a while and began to go, but before we move Dash suddenly became aggressive and looked at the bushes beside the waterfall. I tried to look closely to the bush but there was nothing over there, but suddenly a few shadow figures were moving around very fast and quickly vanished into nowhere.

It maybe my imagination but no one else except me saw them, so I just ignored and walked away. However, something behind the bushes was watching us very closely, I could feel their presence. While we were walking into the forest, everyone was sticking very close so no one would get lost and provide more safety in mere numbers. Lushia said that there should be an exit ahead, so we quickly move as fast as we can.

Suddenly, I saw the shadows again but they disappeared again. Lushia also saw them as well and told us to stay cautious, the shadows were so rapidly moving from one point to another point. Dash aggressively attacked at the shadows, but it was knocked away and fell down to the ground. The shadows came out and made a loud roar. They were huge humanlike monsters, their backs were armed with razor sharp thorns and their eyes were glowing red.

We quickly spread out and they came with destructive force, pushing the trees and stomping the ground. Everyone was shooting at them but it kept coming without any resistance, then they hit our partners with a total fatal blow and the people were flung onto the air and fell onto the ground. Lushia got a couple of flash grenades and threw at the monsters, the grenades were ignited and produced a white flash and loud bang sound. The monsters went blind and could not see anything, so we manage to run away from them.

After a long run, we finally got out from the forest, at that time we were relieved but yet exhausted and terrified from the attack. It seemed that the infection had mutated humans into different forms and we could not expect what kind of monsters we would face, besides the remain survivors were dead and we could not do anything but bury them at a plain ground. Lushia felt bad about them, but she said she must stay strong and get out from this place. I saw a small tar road leading towards east, Lushia said there was a city at the east of the island and we might able to find rescue over there so we continued walking along the road.

We reached a town when the sun was setting down, the town was empty and completely abandon. But I saw there was a car in the middle of the road and the lights were still on, so someone was here. We sticked together and checked every buildings carefully, there were blood spots on the floor and they were seemed to be fresh. We followed the trail of blood and reached to a shop, I opened the door and silently walked in while Lushia was checking my back.

I quickly checked the surroundings and found there were a lot of dead bodies, they were infected and seemed to be succumbed to gunfire shots. Lushia went into the toilet and found blood everywhere; she opened the door and found a guy which was still breathing. Lushia quickly called me over and I arrived as fat as I can, the guy was bleeding badly and the legs were gone. He opened his eyes and looked at me, his eyes were opened completely wide and tried to spoke with a faint voice.

"George……", he said." You are…alive! I am…so happy about this…. Look, I hope… that you can….finish our… operation…as soon… as you can…and… get…out…from this….place" he continued.

I tried to asked him about the operation, he looked surprised but as soon as he wanted to speak, he spitted blood and changing into another form. His eyes went black and the body became mutated, we quickly fell back and took out our guns.

" GO….AWAY…AND….FINISH…WHAT….YOU…HAVE…TO…DO!!!!!", he shouted.

He became furious monster and rushed to me, I tried to fire but my gun was jammed and I have no time to take my knife. Fortunately, Lushia quickly shot at it's head and the monster was dead. I stood up and thanked to Lushia, she asked me that whether my name was called George but I have no idea about this. I found a book from his body and checked it, it was a journal about him and his teammates when they was on this island.

We camped at a supermarket nearby, Lushia was fall asleep but I still awaked and reading the diary, maybe it would help me to find back my memory. Dash was still sat beside me to accompany me for the whole night, I pet his head and he seemed to like it.

Last edited:

killer-curry

Oro.........?
    Years
  • CLASSIFIED OPERATION REPORT

DATE: 29th SEPTEMBER 1985

TIME: 19:05

MISSION: TO NEAUTRALISE THE SOURCE OF THE UNKNOWN INFECTION, VIRUS Z

TEAM LEADER : JOHN THOMPSON

TEAM MEMBERS :
    1. GEORGE LITTEN
    2. VICKY DOYLE
    3. LYNN HOLLOWAY

DESCRIPTION:

Due to an unknown viral infection spread in Chernogorsk, Russia, the civilians had infected and turned into an unknown creature. The government of Russia had sent a request for immediate help to The United States of America to stop this infection immediately before the infection spread to more places.

The mission is to cooperate with Russian Special Operation Team and neutralize the source of infection and help the evacuation of the immune civilians out from there. This mission is HIGHLY RISKY and if the mission is in failure, the government WILL NOT responsible for any connection from this mission.

In order to fight against the infected, The Research and Development of Weapons and Armory had offered some new technology weapons and suits. This includes, the newly modified M4A4-CARBINE with a night-vision scope and more durable suppressor and recently invented tactical suit.

The description for the weapons and equipment's loadout will be provided behind this paper, please check the weapons and equipment are intact and safe to use.

WRITTEN BY,

HENRY GUNNER
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

28th September 1985
    DAYS BEFORE MISSION: 1

It is 9.30 am here and we had arrived Istanbul, the city between Europe and Asia continent. It was very large and the buildings were unique, we took a small stop over there for fifteen minutes before we depart to the Novigrad, Russia.
    It took us twelve hours of train ride to reach there; Novigrad was quite a small town where the population of the town was just a hundred. But the army was already there and guarding the place, putting up the fence so the public cannot enter the restricted zone.

When we arrived there, soldiers requested our passport and made a full body check to assure that we did not brought any cameras or electronic device. After that, we were sent into a small office building to meet up with the Russian team. While we waiting, Vicky said what the team members would be, Lynn put out a joke that maybe the team members were female and Vicky also said that he heard Russian female soldiers were beautiful. I quickly became stern and told them to silent, both calm down and shut their mouth.

George however seemed calm and silent, I always saw him as my little brother since he was in service twelve years ago. He did well in the team and most of the time; he was the best sniper shooter yet in the US army. He could even shoot a target from 1500 meters away without difficulty even though the wind was quite strong. Despite of his superior sniping skills, he always got teased by my teammates Vicky and Lynn. I know they also did well in missions but during day offs they just went to George and did some humiliating action towards him, I could not always take care of him so sometimes I just worried.

So, I looked at him and said that was he doing well lately, he nodded his head and said fine, I smiled a little and the office door was opened. It was the Russian teammates and an officer; they took their seat and watched us closely. Their looks were quite stern and somehow I felt a little hard to greet with them, but I hold up my breath and said hi to them and I introduced my teammates and myself. They responded to me and also introduced themselves, the teammates were Renzo0, Dimitri, Khabarov and Markin. They were the special elite forces of Russia and they served in numerous missions for attacking terrorists in south border region.

After a while, an American officer came and greeted with Russian officer, they came and told us the details of the operation. We were given forty-eight hours to complete the mission, it was to find and neutralize the source of infection before the Russian army decided to put a nuclear bomb on the Island for the last resort. In order to help us during this mission, we were given some of the latest technology of weapons and equipment.
    It was a surprise to us that Russian had invented a special tactical suit that was very durable and hard to torn out. We were also given a special modified weapon of M4A1-carbine with suppressor and thermal scope for better night vision. The other equipment was also provided such as grenades and night vision goggles, we were given fifteen minutes to get prepared and depart in next thirty minutes. After preparation, we took a ride of a speedboat heading towards the island for about an hour.

Markin told me that he was born in the island and the most famous thing about it was beautiful beach, it was very clean with white sands and watching sunset would be very great. Besides, the island was quite big and wild animals such as bears, wolves were around the island. I told him why he joined the army, he said that his family was very poor and all his siblings were starved to death. So, he decided to leave his hometown and joined the army so he can protect his town and also help his family to get out from poverty. He also said that when the infection outbreak occurred, he did not receive any letter from his family. The last letter he received was saying about something weird was happen to the people around there, they became ill and starting to attack other people. He was very worried and asked the officer to assign him for this mission, along with his teammates.

When we reached the town, there was no sign of people over there. The streets were dead silent, abandoned cars were all over the streets, the shops and houses were empty. We checked every part of the town, but not even a single body was found. Although this was a very peculiar situation, there was something that compelling us. We found a paper notice on the road, it was written in Russian words so Markin helped to translate the meaning of the text. He said that there was an evacuation plan to the top hill area of Chernogorsk which held by a private company called Mersk.

However, he did not actually know this company before but the only clue we have is the evacuation site over there. Markin said we could reach there before dark, so we quickly continued our mission without wasting any time.
    The road was windy and narrow, it was afternoon but we could feel the coldness of the weather because it was around autumn. The road was filled yellowish tree leaves and the place looked very spectacular as well, we talked about things we have in our places while on the road. Markin told me that when he was small, this place was his favourite place to visit, the scene were different depend on seasons. During the spring, the flowers were blooming with beautiful colours; The trees were lush green during summer and the white snow covered entire mountain during winter.

He said that the nature was a beautiful and unique thing, which created the habitat of fauna and flora. I agreed with this, sometimes I would just wanted to go Yellowstone Park because New York City just made me bored. While we were taking a small break at the roadside, Vicky went to a bush for a poop. Everyone laughed a little and waited him for a while, but after five minutes he not yet came out. We thought he just had some constipation thing , so we waited for another few minutes before get going. After a few minutes, we still not yet saw him come out from the bush so I became worried and quickly search him.

Vicky was actually still pooping and he just so shocked about me. I told him to do it faster and quickly went back. When I came back, Markin pointed a gun at me. He ordered me to kneel down and put my hands up, so I did and the Russians took away my gun and everything. I asked why, but Markin did not tell. Suddenly, I heard a gunshot from the bush and I looked back, Vicky was dead and laying on the ground. Lynn tried to attacked them but he also shot to death, I was very angry because of this dishonest and betrayal.
    George quickly disarmed the Russian's gun and shot them. However, they were not dead yet even the bullet was hit on their head, we were surprised about this.

What are they?

( To be Continued )

Bay

Years
  • DAY 3

Day three grammar/detail suggestions under spoilers.

Spoiler:

Okay, done with combing through the grammar stuff for this chapter, haha. A lot of stuff has happen. Never mess with bandits. I thought Lushia is cute but so far all I'm getting is she's pretty vengeful (though understandable). Hopefully she won't be that way for long. It would be nice to have her get some dialogue so that I get a good idea of how she speaks, but it's your choice however writing sytle you're going for.

DAY 4

More grammar stuff under spoilers.

Spoiler:

Two attacks from the infected, very crazy there. Not a surprise something flashy like grenades can take out the shadowy ones. Also interesting one of the infected perhaps know the narrator there. I still think the narrator and Dash's interactions there are cute, even with Dash being a wolf haha.

Onto the letter/diary, I won't comb through the grammar stuff as I did enough already here, lol. However, I did notice several more run on sentences and awkward sentences, so if you want I can look through the letter "beta reader style" in private next time. As for the material so far, I already mentioned when you preview this how mentions of Russians and technology got me curious and this letter does explains things somewhat. I already expected the Russian teammates would do that, though after that reveal sometime tells me this won't end well for George, Vicky, and Lynn.

I also admit I thought Vicky would be female as females tend to be referred to Vicky, heh.

killer-curry

Oro.........?
    Years

• Chapter 2

I was still having trauma from what the Russian soldier did to us. When I opened my eyes, I was trapped down inside this dark prison cell but George was not here, the air was so dense that I could barely breathe. Due to pitch black surroundings, I had to use my bare hands to sense anything around me and I touched a thick cold steel wall. However, the wall contained a strong electric current and flowed through my body. By a quick respond, I immediately stay away from it.

After a while, a couple of black masked men opened the door and came to me. They yelled at me with some Russian words and used batons to beat me up for getting me up, after that they took me out of the room and headed towards a narrow pathway. Along the pathway, I saw civilians suffering in small locked rooms, some of them came out to the door and yelling at the guards to let them out, some were faint down, some were looking at me with peculiar eyes.

Going out from the pathway, there was another room and they took me inside. It was quite dark as other rooms but I saw George lying on the floor, he was bleeding badly on his face and could not get up as if he was beaten up badly. I quickly reached him and asked him what happened but he could not talk and kept coughing out blood from his mouth. Feeling enraged, I began attacking at the guards but they caught me and tied me on a chair, my mouth yelled at them violently what they had done to my friends.

All the sudden, the lights were on and a man with a white formal suit came out from darkness, smoking his cigarettes. He looked at me with a smiling face, greeted me and he asked me whether I wanted to smoke. I spit on the floor and the guards used an electrode and shocked me, entire electric current flowed through my body and I felt even weaker. I asked what he had done to George, he laughed and replied he did nothing but just asking what George knew about this operation, he also said that we should not know about these but since we had no way to get out from here he gave us the truth.

His name was Albert Simon, a CEO of Mersk Co., a company that specialized in biochemical technology research in weapons. When the researcher found a virus that may able to manipulate human body, they tried to test on several animals and they were success in good result such that the animals became stronger and able to reproduce back the damaged cells hundred times faster than normal rate so they could even repair damaged limbs or organs.

Even though the tests were successful, the problem came when the virus became uncontrolled and quickly transform into a different mutation on the animals. They transformed into larger mutated monsters and attacked the researcher, the guards quickly shoot at them but they were too fast and able to escape from their facility. Thus, the virus outbreak became severed; civilians in the town were exposed to this virus and quickly transformed into mutated creatures. Albert had no choice but quickly announced for an emergency evacuation for the people to find safety inside the facility, however the news of the virus outbreak had spread out to the politicians' ears and they had requested Albert to immediately stop the research and shut down the company.

He quickly decline the request and continued the researched the virus modification because it was his ambition to show that he could change the world of army with stronger and better soldiers and all the leaders would bow on him. I chuckled and said him that he would find himself stranded in darkness forever; his face became frown and used his legs to kick my face. He said to me that I would witness who was the real boss, then he asked the guard to take me out of the room. Before I was taken out, he said that he might need to use George as his first experimental human for his virus researched. I was angry and tried to struggle back to him but the guards used electrode with even higher electric current to shock me till I fainted.

Back to the cell, while I was half awake the guards took me out again and headed to a small laboratory room. George was there, sitting on a chair with partial conscious. I was put on a small guarded room, and Albert was there too, he looked at me and said this virus was modified so that it would be control entirely by the body and he wanted to see George as the first successful human to accept the virus. I yelled at him to stop doing it as it might kill George, but my sound could not pass through the wall and Albert order the staffs to initiate the experiment.

As the laboratory staffs began injecting the virus into George's body, his body was acting up and violently shaking.
    Will George able to survive this virus injection? What John can do in order to save him? To be continued.

Last edited:

Bay

Years
  • Like last chapter, grammar stuff under spoilers.

Spoiler:

Okay, I think that's all the grammar stuff I was able to find on my first couple read throughs. Yeah, this Albert person is definitely up to no good. Feeling bad for George there, beaten badly and getting that virus injected into him. This probably won't end well. Curious if this part of the story will be continued or you'll leave at that cliffhanger to focus a bit on the present.

Back