Imperator161

Seen February 2nd, 2021
Posted July 31st, 2020
1,415 posts
12.7 Years
I'm excited to see these on the virtual console. I'm thinking about finally caving and buying a Wii U in the next week or two (don't trust the drive on my Wii anymore after having to replace it, and I wouldn't mind playing some Wii U games over the summer), so I'll probably pick these up as well. I never actually played Sky, so I'm really excited about that one, and it's been a while since I've played the original PMD or any of the Explorers games, so it should be fun to give them another try.

I assume the internet functionality of the Explorers games won't be functional? I loved doing online rescues on those.
Diamond FC: 1504 2172 1147
White FC: 1721 2860 5156
3DS XL FC (X): 2466-2669-5197

Candy

Age 24
Female
In OJ Land
Seen March 15th, 2021
Posted August 22nd, 2020
3,817 posts
12.2 Years
Would've made more money if released for the 3DS.

Just saying.
_
Zhuang Zi
Crash Fever

Starry Windy

Everything will be Daijoubu.

Male
Liberty Garden
Seen April 28th, 2020
Posted April 28th, 2020
9,312 posts
8.4 Years

Just saying.
Ditto, that would be great if everyone could play the good old PMD games in 3DS as well, not to mention that not everyone have Wii U consoles to begin with (myself included).

Astinus

Age 34
Male
Seen September 20th, 2018
Posted September 10th, 2018

Just saying.
Ditto, that would be great if everyone could play the good old PMD games in 3DS as well, not to mention that not everyone have Wii U consoles to begin with (myself included).
Except the 3DS can't emulate GBA/DS games. As someone explained on Reddit:
It can however run them directly on the hardware, which is what it does when running DS or GBA (IE. Ambassador) games. As a consequence of running them directly on the hardware (Requiring the 3DS to switch into a different firmware), functionality is limited compared to regular VC (No save states, exiting to Home closes the game, etc.).
So it's just easier for Nintendo to release them on a console that can handle all the functionalities, instead of putting them on one that can't.

Besides, this could be enough to drive up sales for the Wii U, for people who want to play these games (and others released for the VC) and can't find another way to play them easily. Although I own the Mystery Dungeon games (except Sky and the last two releases), I am really tempted to pick up a Wii U just for the other games on the VC.
"Now the trumpet summons us again--
not as a call to bear arms, though arms we need--
not as a call to battle, though embattled we are--
but a call to bear the burden of a long twilight struggle, year in and year out."

DarkraiDragon

Age 27
Male
Canada
Seen January 23rd, 2021
Posted November 8th, 2020
86 posts
4.9 Years
Wouln't it make more sense so put the games on E-shop for the 3DS?
This signature has been disabled.
signature is still too big.
Please review and fix the issues by reading the signature rules.

You must edit it to meet the limits set by the rules before you may remove the [sig-reason] code from your signature. Removing this tag will re-enable it.

Do not remove the tag until you fix the issues in your signature. You may be infracted for removing this tag if you do not fix the specified issues. Do not use this tag for decoration purposes.