• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokécommunity D&D: The Cyclone of Aramorath (Beginners Welcome)

Jay

[font=Brawler][color=#91a8d4][i]Here comes the boi
    Years

Dungeons and Dragons, the pinnacle of tabletop gaming. An experience that will thrust you into countless adventures, hijinks, funny and serious situations across a fantasy world of grand proportions. Filled to the brim with excitement, combat, story and loot, it is a game where you do more than influence an already written story with a quick press of the A button. It is a game where you are the story. A game where every action you make matters, where everything you do has consequences... and where you might just have a chance to save the world.

And we're inviting you to play.

If you fit the criteria needed to join in? Then we're inviting you to sign up and join us on a brand new custom Dungeons and Dragons campaign, a pirate adventure across strange and foreign seas knows as "The Cyclone of Aramorath". Make new friends, have fun times and if you're new to the whole experience? Learn to play and enjoy one of the greatest games of all time.

A campaign is, essentially, a story that takes place in the world of Dungeons and Dragons. It's a set of goals and a plot for the game to follow as we progress. If you're aware of that and are asking for details about this specific plot, it is a brand new custom campaign, made expressly for the purpose of this thread and group. The story begins as follows...

"You awaken in a shaded and damp room, the stench of rotten ale and death hangs heavy in the air and you can just barely hear the sound of flowing water nearby. It is dark all around you apart from a torch or two mounted on nearby walls, your hands are bound type with rope and a cloth sash has you gagged. Nearby you can see that you are not alone, other folks in a similar situation to you are coming to as well. The stone floor, natural formations and naturally formed roof makes it clear that you're in a cave. You have no memory of how you got there... nor do you have any major memory of what you were doing immediately before passing out. What you do know however... is that the odd groaning noise coming from deep inside the cave is a good indication that you should really be leaving. Very soon if possible."

The campaign will be played using standard D&D Fifth Edition.

Unfortunately, dungeons and dragons campaigns only have so many spots available and this campaign has a maximum of five positions. As such, there are certain criteria present to narrow down the numbers and to make sure the people joining the game know what they're getting into beforehand. If you feel you fail to meet the criteria, or you show yourself as unable to meet said criteria in the future, then you will be unable to continue in this campaign. Remember, however, that experience with the D&D is not something you will be judged on! If this is your first ever time trying D&D then go for it! Myself and at least one player I know to be joining are proficient with the game and will be more than willing to help you to learn.

The criteria are as follows:

If you are under 14 we will not be willing to accept you into this campaign.

Dedication:
    Dungeons and Dragons sessions usually take place once a week and last for a minimum of two hours, an exact time will be decided once all positions are filled, but if you feel like you couldn't make the time then we'd advise you not to join.

Skype and Voice Chat:
    If you plan to play D&D with us then you'll be expected to make use of Skype and to join us in calls for each session. Just be able to relax and speak to us during game time, we won't bite you, honest.

Speak in character and make an effort:
    From what I've seen, this can be the hardest part for new players. Often through the campaign you will interact using your voice with other characters or NPCs not as yourself, but as your character. Nobody is expecting you to jump in, push past any initial cringe and roleplay like a God, but making an effort at this is important.

Relax, be chill and have fun:
    More for the veterans rather than the new players. Just relax, enjoy yourself and don't fret too much on the little details. This is the first game of D&D being set up in this section of the forum, new people with little to no experience with the game will be joining and as DM I may employ the occasional house rule to help things move along quicker or easier for the whole group. If you're the type of player who snorts out their noses and shuns anybody who doesn't play everything exactly by the book, then you should probably join another game.

Excellent, if you're new we can teach you when you're accepted. If you know how this all works? You'll be free to discuss with us and build your character once you're added. If all the spots are taken don't lose hope! Players drop all the time and we'll keep a list of anyone whom wants to wait for their chance to join, first come first served basis.

PC Username:
    Are you willing to voice chat over Skype?
    Are you capable of having fun?

Player List:
    Deceptio [DM]
    Grey Bidoof [???]

Currently looking for players!

Last edited:

GreyBidoof

You used a Master Ball on the GreyBidoof!
    Years
    PC Username: look a little to the left

Are you willing to voice chat over Skype?: What's Skype?

Are you capable of having fun?: Nope

Reactions: Jay

NightKrow

staying up all night
    Years
    Jay and GB convinced me to give this a go so here I am :s

PC Username: NightKrow
    Are you willing to voice chat over Skype? sure wynaut just don't cringe at my ugly voice
    Are you capable of having fun? I think so?

also I work weekends will that be a problem?

Reactions: Jay

Jay

[font=Brawler][color=#91a8d4][i]Here comes the boi
    Years
    Jay and GB convinced me to give this a go so here I am :s

PC Username: NightKrow
    Are you willing to voice chat over Skype? sure wynaut just don't cringe at my ugly voice
    Are you capable of having fun? I think so?

also I work weekends will that be a problem?

Don't worry, I'm sure we can work out a time that suits everyone once the group is gathered~

Sir Codin

Skype?: Yup, it's carcharodin
    Fun?: pretty much

Back