Art Studio For visual art, photography, and music! Pokémon related or not, showcase or discuss anything related to the visual or musical arts.

Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #1    
Old July 29th, 2016 (8:29 AM).
Nina's Avatar
Nina Nina is offline

I think I might love you!

  • Moderator
  • Platinum Tier
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Arkansas
Age: 25
Gender: Female
Nature: Brave
Posts: 2,096
◦ Art & Design Daily Chit Chat ◦

Welcome to the Daily Chit Chat!

The other was was a bit dated, so here's a new one!
In this area we can talk about.

Discuss other artist and their work! Your inspirations, your work ethic, how are you feeling about your art right now?

In-progress work. Art school is where you need to go for in-depth critique, but if you just want some quick thoughts about something.

Small requests can be made here! If you want something specific, just make an individual thread for it.

Have fun!
__________________
See my art here! | Freelance Illustrator
Paired to Captain Ellie
Sister to: Rika & Ana | My children: Kyle & Zappy
Moderator of Art & Design
The New Crew
Background by Rowan | Avatar art by Astrid


#ninellie, 1.5 Years!
Reply With Quote

Relevant Advertising!

  #2    
Old July 30th, 2016 (2:48 AM).
Anastasia.R's Avatar
Anastasia.R Anastasia.R is offline
  • Moderator
  • Silver Tier
  • PokéCommunity Daily
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Boston, MA
Gender: Female
Nature: Relaxed
Posts: 1,539
D'aw, I like the new name!

Oh, I guess for a discussion thing; is there anyone (on pc or outside) that has become a new inspo for your work recently?
Spoiler:

I'm really linking the artist Flaptraps/Richard Anderson just for the cool strokes, textures, and shapes. I wanna practice that more, aha. But yeah, anyone or an art style really sparked your interest?
__________________
ドーブル
. . .
Illustrator. Animator
Mod of Art Studio
Artist on PC Daily
Rika . Nina . Kyle

Reply With Quote
  #3    
Old July 30th, 2016 (10:09 AM).
Nina's Avatar
Nina Nina is offline

I think I might love you!

  • Moderator
  • Platinum Tier
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Arkansas
Age: 25
Gender: Female
Nature: Brave
Posts: 2,096
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anastasia.R View Post
D'aw, I like the new name!

Oh, I guess for a discussion thing; is there anyone (on pc or outside) that has become a new inspo for your work recently?
Spoiler:

I'm really linking the artist Flaptraps/Richard Anderson just for the cool strokes, textures, and shapes. I wanna practice that more, aha. But yeah, anyone or an art style really sparked your interest?
Haha, I mean it's probably obvious to tell because it's the artist of my signature, but Louie Zong was a recentish find. I really like his work because it's very different than the normal "style" I see I guess. I first saw his game grumps animated work, but it's more recent that I've kept up with him as an artist. He does lots of really cute mini gifs that I love. It's sort of a cross-roads of animation with an illustrative style and I really enjoy them.














Small Announcement!

The Weekly Pixel Art Challenge is back! I started it a little early, so you'll have until the Monday after next to get it finished. : >
__________________
See my art here! | Freelance Illustrator
Paired to Captain Ellie
Sister to: Rika & Ana | My children: Kyle & Zappy
Moderator of Art & Design
The New Crew
Background by Rowan | Avatar art by Astrid


#ninellie, 1.5 Years!
Reply With Quote
  #4    
Old August 5th, 2016 (2:40 AM). Edited August 5th, 2016 by Nina.
TogeKisser's Avatar
TogeKisser TogeKisser is offline
     
    Join Date: Aug 2016
    Location: A big happy Aviary in the clouds!
    Age: 14
    Gender: Male
    Nature: Jolly
    Posts: 219
    I don't know if i can draw birds? is this whole thing supposed to be pokemon related? anyway, ima' draw meh some chickens, mmkay?

    anyone know how to upload stuff from paint.net? heheh?
    __________________
    Watch out for Thunder & Lightning!
    Paired with t0gekiss!
    Reply With Quote
      #5    
    Old August 5th, 2016 (1:58 PM).
    Nina's Avatar
    Nina Nina is offline

    I think I might love you!

    • Moderator
    • Platinum Tier
     
    Join Date: Nov 2007
    Location: Arkansas
    Age: 25
    Gender: Female
    Nature: Brave
    Posts: 2,096
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by TogeKisser View Post
    I don't know if i can draw birds? is this whole thing supposed to be pokemon related? anyway, ima' draw meh some chickens, mmkay?

    anyone know how to upload stuff from paint.net? heheh?
    I moved this thread over to the DCC as it's not really enough group discussion for a thread and you haven't made art for a gallery.
    __________________
    See my art here! | Freelance Illustrator
    Paired to Captain Ellie
    Sister to: Rika & Ana | My children: Kyle & Zappy
    Moderator of Art & Design
    The New Crew
    Background by Rowan | Avatar art by Astrid


    #ninellie, 1.5 Years!
    Reply With Quote
      #6    
    Old August 7th, 2016 (8:44 AM).
    mister2lua's Avatar
    mister2lua mister2lua is offline
       
      Join Date: Sep 2015
      Gender: Male
      Posts: 104
      Hi moderators. Can I post my drawings here? Thank you.
      Reply With Quote
        #7    
      Old August 7th, 2016 (12:35 PM).
      Nina's Avatar
      Nina Nina is offline

      I think I might love you!

      • Moderator
      • Platinum Tier
       
      Join Date: Nov 2007
      Location: Arkansas
      Age: 25
      Gender: Female
      Nature: Brave
      Posts: 2,096
      Quote:
      Originally Posted by mister2lua View Post
      Hi moderators. Can I post my drawings here? Thank you.
      yes of couse! It works the same as the last DCC, just some fresh paint. : D
      __________________
      See my art here! | Freelance Illustrator
      Paired to Captain Ellie
      Sister to: Rika & Ana | My children: Kyle & Zappy
      Moderator of Art & Design
      The New Crew
      Background by Rowan | Avatar art by Astrid


      #ninellie, 1.5 Years!
      Reply With Quote
        #8    
      Old August 7th, 2016 (1:32 PM).
      Circuit's Avatar
      Circuit Circuit is offline

      wiring your circuits

      • Platinum Tier
       
      Join Date: Mar 2008
      Location: Berlin
      Age: 21
      Gender: Male
      Nature: Lonely
      Posts: 4,783
      I'm lacking motivation to do any tags or try anything lately. Time has become something I don't know how to use

      How do you guys muster up some long-needed motivation to really get back into the swing of things after a long down period?
      __________________
      hello there
      Reply With Quote
        #9    
      Old August 7th, 2016 (5:28 PM).
      mister2lua's Avatar
      mister2lua mister2lua is offline
         
        Join Date: Sep 2015
        Gender: Male
        Posts: 104
        The three team leaders in Pokemon GO
        Spoiler:

        Spoiler:



        Alola starters
        Spoiler:

        Spoiler:


        Reply With Quote
          #10    
        Old August 7th, 2016 (6:28 PM).
        Nina's Avatar
        Nina Nina is offline

        I think I might love you!

        • Moderator
        • Platinum Tier
         
        Join Date: Nov 2007
        Location: Arkansas
        Age: 25
        Gender: Female
        Nature: Brave
        Posts: 2,096
        Quote:
        Originally Posted by Circuit View Post
        I'm lacking motivation to do any tags or try anything lately. Time has become something I don't know how to use

        How do you guys muster up some long-needed motivation to really get back into the swing of things after a long down period?
        I know it sucks, but if you just sit down and start, usually I can get to it. Like I'll have all the things ready, have the program open, and just sit there for hours waiting for myself to start. But as soon as I force myself to start moving things around, even if it looks bad or I work on something different to get started, I start going and going.

        Make sure if you keep old thumbnails or written ideas, to go through all of those again. If you don't keep those, you should! There's nothing like coming back to an idea you've already got some traction on.
        __________________
        See my art here! | Freelance Illustrator
        Paired to Captain Ellie
        Sister to: Rika & Ana | My children: Kyle & Zappy
        Moderator of Art & Design
        The New Crew
        Background by Rowan | Avatar art by Astrid


        #ninellie, 1.5 Years!
        Reply With Quote
          #11    
        Old August 10th, 2016 (8:23 AM).
        Fairy's Avatar
        Fairy Fairy is offline

        リオレイア

        • Crystal Tier
         
        Join Date: May 2011
        Location: in the flowers
        Gender: Female
        Nature: Jolly
        Posts: 5,693
        Bless this new DCC <33

        Lately I've been attempting to reconcile my love of monster hunter and drawing hot babes and questioning whether or not that makes me furry trash. It's very disconcerning imo.
        __________________
        "Cherry Blossom Fire Wyvern"
        Threat Level (危険度):
        Hunter: Doux | MHGen HR 7★ Hub
        0018-4771-7651

        Reply With Quote
          #12    
        Old August 11th, 2016 (1:26 PM).
        Circuit's Avatar
        Circuit Circuit is offline

        wiring your circuits

        • Platinum Tier
         
        Join Date: Mar 2008
        Location: Berlin
        Age: 21
        Gender: Male
        Nature: Lonely
        Posts: 4,783
        Quote:
        Originally Posted by Fairy View Post
        Bless this new DCC <33

        Lately I've been attempting to reconcile my love of monster hunter and drawing hot babes and questioning whether or not that makes me furry trash. It's very disconcerning imo.
        Well it only makes you furry trash if these hot babes aren't human and are humanoid animals instead XD

        In other news hai Jo :3
        __________________
        hello there
        Reply With Quote
          #13    
        Old August 11th, 2016 (2:47 PM).
        Fairy's Avatar
        Fairy Fairy is offline

        リオレイア

        • Crystal Tier
         
        Join Date: May 2011
        Location: in the flowers
        Gender: Female
        Nature: Jolly
        Posts: 5,693
        It's less "humanoid animals" and more "dragons with boobs".
        god it's true then isn't it im a furry wHAT HAPPENED

        Why did none of you tell me beforehand?

        & hey babe 8)
        __________________
        "Cherry Blossom Fire Wyvern"
        Threat Level (危険度):
        Hunter: Doux | MHGen HR 7★ Hub
        0018-4771-7651

        Reply With Quote
          #14    
        Old August 12th, 2016 (3:09 AM).
        Gigadweeb's Avatar
        Gigadweeb Gigadweeb is offline
        The Black Swordsman
           
          Join Date: Nov 2014
          Location: South Australia
          Age: 17
          Gender: Male
          Nature: Sassy
          Posts: 253
          Found and touched up a couple of old sprites, along with my new-ish Mega Rayquaza. Tail on MRay looks a bit muk, so I might fix that.

          Spoiler:


          Kind of sad people were calling them bad on imgur, but reddit was a lot more kind to me. Oh well!
          __________________


          When you meet your God, tell him to leave me alone.

          Reply With Quote
            #15    
          Old August 12th, 2016 (8:43 AM).
          Fairy's Avatar
          Fairy Fairy is offline

          リオレイア

          • Crystal Tier
           
          Join Date: May 2011
          Location: in the flowers
          Gender: Female
          Nature: Jolly
          Posts: 5,693
          I don't see why people would be talking bad about those sprites, they look pretty good to me. Yes, there's stuff you can do to clean them up and improve them, but I think they're pretty successful attempts! You've got a few transition colors you don't need in those sprites and the colors are a little under-saturated, but that's really not the end of the world. They're pretty cool!
          __________________
          "Cherry Blossom Fire Wyvern"
          Threat Level (危険度):
          Hunter: Doux | MHGen HR 7★ Hub
          0018-4771-7651

          Reply With Quote
            #16    
          Old August 13th, 2016 (6:20 PM).
          Gigadweeb's Avatar
          Gigadweeb Gigadweeb is offline
          The Black Swordsman
             
            Join Date: Nov 2014
            Location: South Australia
            Age: 17
            Gender: Male
            Nature: Sassy
            Posts: 253
            Aye, thank you! Decided to psyduck around with them a bit, and I have to say I'm a lot happier with them.



            __________________


            When you meet your God, tell him to leave me alone.

            Reply With Quote
              #17    
            Old August 15th, 2016 (9:54 AM). Edited August 15th, 2016 by mister2lua.
            mister2lua's Avatar
            mister2lua mister2lua is offline
               
              Join Date: Sep 2015
              Gender: Male
              Posts: 104
              My recent drawing. I am not good at coloring
              Spoiler:
              Reply With Quote
                #18    
              Old August 15th, 2016 (11:54 PM).
              Gigadweeb's Avatar
              Gigadweeb Gigadweeb is offline
              The Black Swordsman
                 
                Join Date: Nov 2014
                Location: South Australia
                Age: 17
                Gender: Male
                Nature: Sassy
                Posts: 253
                gorgeous artwork as always, dude! only thing is the background's a bit too... soft? just looks a bit too blurry. otherwise, fantastic.

                Gonna post a couple of my imgur album links, mainly because the images are way too big for this site.

                http://imgur.com/gallery/kPOt5

                http://imgur.com/gallery/Y7ILp

                they're some revamps/devamps I did a few weeks back.
                __________________


                When you meet your God, tell him to leave me alone.

                Reply With Quote
                  #19    
                Old August 16th, 2016 (12:33 AM).
                Anastasia.R's Avatar
                Anastasia.R Anastasia.R is offline
                • Moderator
                • Silver Tier
                • PokéCommunity Daily
                 
                Join Date: Jul 2007
                Location: Boston, MA
                Gender: Female
                Nature: Relaxed
                Posts: 1,539
                Quote:
                Originally Posted by Gigadweeb View Post
                gorgeous artwork as always, dude! only thing is the background's a bit too... soft? just looks a bit too blurry. otherwise, fantastic.

                Gonna post a couple of my imgur album links, mainly because the images are way too big for this site.

                http://imgur.com/gallery/kPOt5

                http://imgur.com/gallery/Y7ILp

                they're some revamps/devamps I did a few weeks back.
                Ohhh, loving the revamps. I'd say the devamps are pretty good too, but I love the colors and shading of revamps. I'm a bit bias aha but lemme hop to a bit of critiquing!
                I think most of your revamps were actually well done! I think you were able to really give an extra "oomf" with the shading you've done. The only few I'm iffy on is Houndoom. Where the neck is connecting to the body; the shading makes it look very flat compared to the rest of the body. Also, beyond the shading, I think the snout was edited? It's a little too sharp and skinny to be a canine's snout. Otherwise, I like most of them!

                Now to the devamps. Off the bat; Jirachi I think could've been done differently to be more successful like your Groudon. Groudon for sure is the strongest piece out of the bunch! With the palette and the amount of dithering shading with the black you did, it's readable and well made. Jirachi is readable! Don't get me wrong, but I think the amount of black is a bit harsh especially with the dithering shading on the arm and a bit of the head piece. I think with more white lighting on the head piece, you could play around with shading and building form with the yellow color. The blue I think would be awesome for shading the body because the body is alright a light value. The blue would be less harsh and give the blue more purpose!

                Rayquaza is pretty well done! I'd say the only thing is the tail that's more behind Rayquaza should probably be shaded more in black to show depth. Also I think you would be able to read the arm more clearly. Other than that, I gotta say Kyogre, Deoxys, and Groudon look really awesome!

                I hope it helps - I think you're doing fantastic work, yo! I liked your previous post with the Mega Rayquaza and Primal Groundon and Kyogre! Keep at it! c:
                __________________
                ドーブル
                . . .
                Illustrator. Animator
                Mod of Art Studio
                Artist on PC Daily
                Rika . Nina . Kyle

                Reply With Quote
                  #20    
                Old August 16th, 2016 (12:43 AM).
                Gigadweeb's Avatar
                Gigadweeb Gigadweeb is offline
                The Black Swordsman
                   
                  Join Date: Nov 2014
                  Location: South Australia
                  Age: 17
                  Gender: Male
                  Nature: Sassy
                  Posts: 253
                  Quote:
                  Originally Posted by Anastasia.R View Post

                  Ohhh, loving the revamps. I'd say the devamps are pretty good too, but I love the colors and shading of revamps. I'm a bit bias aha but lemme hop to a bit of critiquing!
                  I think most of your revamps were actually well done! I think you were able to really give an extra "oomf" with the shading you've done. The only few I'm iffy on is Houndoom. Where the neck is connecting to the body; the shading makes it look very flat compared to the rest of the body. Also, beyond the shading, I think the snout was edited? It's a little too sharp and skinny to be a canine's snout. Otherwise, I like most of them!

                  Now to the devamps. Off the bat; Jirachi I think could've been done differently to be more successful like your Groudon. Groudon for sure is the strongest piece out of the bunch! With the palette and the amount of dithering shading with the black you did, it's readable and well made. Jirachi is readable! Don't get me wrong, but I think the amount of black is a bit harsh especially with the dithering shading on the arm and a bit of the head piece. I think with more white lighting on the head piece, you could play around with shading and building form with the yellow color. The blue I think would be awesome for shading the body because the body is alright a light value. The blue would be less harsh and give the blue more purpose!

                  Rayquaza is pretty well done! I'd say the only thing is the tail that's more behind Rayquaza should probably be shaded more in black to show depth. Also I think you would be able to read the arm more clearly. Other than that, I gotta say Kyogre, Deoxys, and Groudon look really awesome!

                  I hope it helps - I think you're doing fantastic work, yo! I liked your previous post with the Mega Rayquaza and Primal Groundon and Kyogre! Keep at it! c:
                  Cheers for the critique! Yeah, Houndoom's snout looks more like a duck's bill, but the proper sprite's one looked like a blob. Gonna mess around with that a fair bit.

                  Yeah, bit too much black on the Jirachi, it's just that without it it feels really flat. Gonna try and find a better balance with it.

                  But once again, thank you very much!
                  __________________


                  When you meet your God, tell him to leave me alone.

                  Reply With Quote
                    #21    
                  Old August 23rd, 2016 (10:28 PM).
                  mister2lua's Avatar
                  mister2lua mister2lua is offline
                     
                    Join Date: Sep 2015
                    Gender: Male
                    Posts: 104
                    My recent work. Hope you like it :D
                    Spoiler:
                    Reply With Quote
                      #22    
                    Old August 27th, 2016 (7:20 PM).
                    killer-curry's Avatar
                    killer-curry killer-curry is offline
                    Oro.........?
                    • Silver Tier
                     
                    Join Date: Jul 2015
                    Location: Malaysia
                    Age: 19
                    Gender: Male
                    Nature: Quirky
                    Posts: 2,514
                    oh ho, there's a new chat here! Welp, I have quite a long time of not visit here butt finally im here after long study weeks.

                    In other hand, I put my recent drawing here, Enjoy!

                    Spoiler:
                    __________________
                    Reply With Quote
                      #23    
                    Old August 30th, 2016 (4:53 PM).
                    MUDKIP!!!'s Avatar
                    MUDKIP!!! MUDKIP!!! is online now
                    Sorry, I don't do autographs...
                       
                      Join Date: Dec 2015
                      Gender: Male
                      Nature: Hasty
                      Posts: 2,649
                      Quote:
                      Originally Posted by Gigadweeb View Post
                      Aye, thank you! Decided to **** around with them a bit, and I have to say I'm a lot happier with them.



                      Oh MUCH better! Groudon and Rayquaza were already great, but now all 3 are awesome!
                      In the first one, I felt like Kyogre was a bit too purple.
                      __________________
                      stop censorship
                      Reply With Quote
                        #24    
                      Old September 1st, 2016 (9:06 AM). Edited September 1st, 2016 by mister2lua.
                      mister2lua's Avatar
                      mister2lua mister2lua is offline
                         
                        Join Date: Sep 2015
                        Gender: Male
                        Posts: 104
                        My recent work, hope you like it :D
                        ------------
                        Beast trio
                        Spoiler:

                        Suicune
                        Spoiler:

                        Entei
                        Spoiler:

                        Raikou
                        Spoiler:
                        Reply With Quote
                          #25    
                        Old September 2nd, 2016 (11:44 PM).
                        adventure's Avatar
                        adventure adventure is offline

                        Page of Hope

                        • Super Moderator
                        • Platinum Tier
                        • Social Media
                        • Discord Moderoid
                         
                        Join Date: Nov 2007
                        Location: Skaia
                        Gender: Female
                        Nature: Naive
                        Posts: 27,416
                        hi. nina and ana said I didn't have to be an artist to post here o.o

                        /me scared
                        __________________

                        roxyjanedirkcallie
                        Hope to me is all about believing in stuff.
                        Reply With Quote
                        Reply
                        Quick Reply

                        Sponsored Links
                        Thread Tools

                        Posting Rules
                        You may not post new threads
                        You may not post replies
                        You may not post attachments
                        You may not edit your posts

                        BB code is On
                        Smilies are On
                        [IMG] code is On
                        HTML code is Off

                        Forum Jump


                        All times are GMT -8. The time now is 8:04 AM.