• 39 replies

ddrox13

Anti-Nonsense

Northeast US
Seen 2 Days Ago
Posted August 7th, 2021
1,643 posts
5.8 Years
Should you buy a digital or physical copy of the next Pokémon games?

Click here to read more!
Challenges - TCG - Daily
Profile pic by Kitty!

Lunar

Age 22
Male
England
Seen September 16th, 2020
Posted September 15th, 2020
4,049 posts
7.4 Years
I've always got a physical copy of games and it's not gonna change here ;)

blue

gucci

Male
United Kingdom
Seen August 12th, 2019
Posted August 7th, 2019
21,059 posts
13.7 Years
The temptation to change to the AUS eShop region and just download on 18th is there, but I'll just wait until 23rd to get a physical copy. I prefer to have a physical collection of games rather than a digital library tbh.

SaniOKh

Too old for this stuff

Age 33
Male
Ukraine
Seen 6 Days Ago
Posted October 30th, 2020
590 posts
15.2 Years
I'm doing both digital and physical (yeah, I know, I'm basically buying four of the same game, I have... my reasons :> ) . Sucks that I have to wait until the 23rd. It's not even the fact that it comes out here five days later that bothers me, it's the fact that it doesn't come out on a Friday. I mean, I have work the next day... :(

Friend codes:
Pokémon GO: 2092-0866-5439 | Electric-type Safari: 4468-2370-5617 (Electrode - Pikachu - Galvantula) | Dark-type Safari: 1134-8222-3179 (Nuzleaf - Cacturne - Liepard)
PM before adding. If you don't mention which code you added, I will NOT add you back.
Male
Seen 10 Hours Ago
Posted 2 Weeks Ago
105 posts
7.5 Years
Just a comment on one of the "Cons" mentioned in the article for physical: If you buy digital, and lose your 3DS, even if Nintendo transfers your account to another 3DS for you, they are only transferring the account. You still have to re-download anything you had from the eShop again, and if you don't have the save data anymore, you have to start over again. Also, Nintendo does not allow you to backup save files for Pokemon games. So, if you buy a digital Pokemon game, and lose your 3DS, you likely lost your save data for that game.

Pichu

Age 28
Male
Sinnoh
Seen 12 Hours Ago
Posted 18 Hours Ago
6,026 posts
12.4 Years
I always go physical when I purchase games. I like adding the boxes to my shelves and having an actual copy of the game in my hands. So I will do the same with Sun and Moon!
Paired to Inky, Fletch & Rabinov
Moderator of Brilliant Diamond & Shining Pearl
Female
Seen June 11th, 2019
Posted April 17th, 2019
1,089 posts
7.6 Years
I'm doing both digital and physical (yeah, I know, I'm basically buying four of the same game, I have... my reasons :> ) . Sucks that I have to wait until the 23rd. It's not even the fact that it comes out here five days later that bothers me, it's the fact that it doesn't come out on a Friday. I mean, I have work the next day... :(
So just change ur 3DS's location to autstralia. That way u can download the games on the 18th..

εcho.

The silver ninetales

Age 29
Female
Somewhere in Canada
Seen November 24th, 2019
Posted March 26th, 2017
389 posts
7.8 Years
Physical. That way my games are safe if my DS dies. I've had this happen twice before with my old 3DSXL and 2DS. Lost digital save files on both, plus I can no longer play my digital copy of OmegaRuby because it was downloaded and linked to my NNID for my 2DS and I don't have a second system anymore to link that ID to.

0791-5308-1577

Starry Windy

Everything will be Daijoubu.

Male
Liberty Garden
Seen April 28th, 2020
Posted April 28th, 2020
9,312 posts
8.7 Years
I'm going physical, because it's been years after getting a physical game or two. Besides, I've pre-ordered Sun and Moon weeks before digital versions are available for pre-load.
Age 28
Male
Netherland
Seen May 8th, 2020
Posted June 9th, 2018
271 posts
12.5 Years
So just change ur 3DS's location to autstralia. That way u can download the games on the 18th..
Its not that simple. You must factory reset your console, because you need a NNID and those are linked to the region it was set when you created that account and you can't just switch NNID. And I don't think a factory reset is a good idea just so you can get a game 5 days earlier.
Female
Seen June 11th, 2019
Posted April 17th, 2019
1,089 posts
7.6 Years
Its not that simple. You must factory reset your console, because you need a NNID and those are linked to the region it was set when you created that account and you can't just switch NNID. And I don't think a factory reset is a good idea just so you can get a game 5 days earlier.
Well I switched my region to Australia right before ORAS came out and it was fine .. I dont remmeber it being so difficult hehe

Rain

Female
Canada
Seen December 27th, 2020
Posted November 18th, 2017
117 posts
12.1 Years
Physical. My digital copy of X corrupted not long after I completed the game and I lost my save file.

Florges

The Garden Pokémon

Female
cornfield.
Seen June 6th, 2017
Posted June 6th, 2017
207 posts
7.9 Years
I went with digital this time around. If I was able to get the time off of work like I originally planned, I would have gone with physical. But since I have to be at work at 8:30am and work until 5:30pm, potentially longer if the children I teach do not get picked up, I went with a digital copy. With that, I can play the game during my lunch break and after work go directly to my fiance's house as we play binge play the game.

Hikamaru

Age 28
Female
Australia
Seen January 24th, 2019
Posted September 4th, 2018
50,228 posts
10.5 Years
I'm going with the physical copies because it's always been tradition for me, plus I like having the game in my own hand.
Gone forever for personal reasons.
Visit my Tumblr page if you wish to contact me.

http://daikenkki.tumblr.com/