Space World Crystal
A look at what could have been

Features
  • A fully playable version of Crystal, from start to finish
  • The Pokemon as found in the 1997 Space World demo for Gold and Silver
  • All sprites authentic to the Space World demo
  • All new cries for the prototype Pokemon
  • All new base stats for the prototype Pokemon
  • All new movesets for the prototype Pokemon, with the focus on making the demo Pokemon fun to use
  • Bringing familiar faces in line with their demo incarnation
  • Making all the demo Pokemon available in the wild
  • Making sure that all demo Pokemon can be evolved(new items etc.)
  • Updates to trainer rosters to incorporate the demo Pokemon
  • Updates to events where needed

New in Beta 3.1
  • The shiny odds are now calculated like in the prototype, the requirement is that the DV for ATK, DEF, SPD and SPC are above 10. Some of your old Pokemon may have turned shiny!
  • Fixed a major bug in the Giga Training script which corrupts some party data when completing a Giga Training session
  • Fixed a unit conversion issue for height in the Pokedex
  • Fixed the "New" Pokedex order missing several species
  • Fixed the current type chart setting not showing up on the save screen
  • Gave Lykwyse the same breeding behaviour as Ditto
  • Fixed Lykwyse having an incorrect gender ratio
  • Fixed Ampharos no longer learning Thunder Punch on level up
  • Fixed several instances of text referring to no longer included Pokemon

Coming at a later date
  • Making all 251 Pokemon obtainable
Known Issues

About recreating the full demo
It is not the goal of this hack to recreate the entire game and region as seen in the Space World demo. This hack focuses only on the Pokemon aspect.
This hack may be used by anyone who wishes to attempt such a project as a base, a link to the source code is available at the bottom of this post

Screenshots
Spoiler:

Meet the new cast members
Spoiler:

Downloads

Space World Crystal Beta 3.1

Useful links

Source code on github

A Discord server for discussion of the game

The prototype type chart

Credits
  • All those involved in unearthing the Space World demos and in ripping their assets
  • The maintainers of the pret/pokecrystal disassembly
  • The creators and maintainers of Polished Map

TSK

Roaming Kanto

Seen 13 Hours Ago
Posted September 9th, 2019
180 posts
12.4 Years
So this is bassicly the Gold/Silver beta as a Crystal game?

Can i get beta Leafeon and Beta legendary beasts too?

Update

(Sees the video)

Oh happy joy
With your mentioning of Leafeon I went back to check if I remembered to add an evolution method for it.
I did not, this will be fixed in the next beta.

Entei Fan

Canine pokemon fan

Age 34
Non-binary
Hamsternidia , somewhere in the universe
Seen 5 Hours Ago
Posted 5 Hours Ago
801 posts
14.5 Years
With your mentioning of Leafeon I went back to check if I remembered to add an evolution method for it.
I did not, this will be fixed in the next beta.
Oh, so how to evolve Eevee into a Leafeon if not from the leaf stone? D/P way?
My pokemon omega red trainer card

Original nick - BH
Name - Bartek

bh02032002

Beta Tester for Pokemon Saffron Version and Pokemon Chroma Version

Age 17
Male
Canada
Seen 6 Days Ago
Posted 6 Days Ago
223 posts
3.4 Years
I got a quick question. is this the same game as gold silver and crystal, Or does it have lots of new features.
Rom hacks i support: Pokemon Adventure Red Chapter, Pokemon Gaia, Pokemon Firered Rocket Edition, Pokemon Orange, Pokemon Unbound, Pokemon Masterquest, Pokemon Saffron Version, Pokemon Dark energy

Hacks I have beta tested: Pokemon Masterquest, Pokemon Saffron.

beta tester for: Pokemon Saffron version. Pokemon Chroma Version

i decided since my beta testing is slow to just try beta testing 3 rom hacks. as i'm currently doing 2 at the moment i figure i could pick up a 3rd one to beta test. PM me or leave a visitor message and i will more than likely help beta test your Rom hack.

Burningocean2012

Non-binary
Earth
Seen 1 Day Ago
Posted 5 Days Ago
195 posts
2.3 Years
I think this is pretty great,just that the sprites could use some improving since some look more like Gen 1 instead of 2.But that's just me nitpicking since I'm not a sprite artist.
Supported game list+Other things?
https://pastebin.com/esgnFMAy

I believe in Jesus Christ as my Lord and Savior!

Entei Fan

Canine pokemon fan

Age 34
Non-binary
Hamsternidia , somewhere in the universe
Seen 5 Hours Ago
Posted 5 Hours Ago
801 posts
14.5 Years
I got a quick question. is this the same game as gold silver and crystal, Or does it have lots of new features.
From what i learned about the beta videos, it is the 1997 Pokemon gold beta game with ALL the pokemon it's in there (including evolutions for pokemon that were later added in pokemon Diamond/Pearl and baby pokemon that have yet to be released), Rai, En and Sui are 97% the original pokemon that perished and were reicarnated as Raikou, Entei and Suicune
My pokemon omega red trainer card

Original nick - BH
Name - Bartek

GayCoonie

Male
Seen 13 Hours Ago
Posted 3 Days Ago
18 posts
9.4 Years
I concur that the sprites should probably be colored. Great work so far, though.

I don't calculate stat values, I don't breed my way to perfection, and I don't care about natures. I catch my Pokemon the way they are, and treat them like individuals instead of brainless drones. If you use this philosophy, copy & paste this into your signature.

Avatar from photo by Neil McIntosh on Flickr https://www.flickr.com/photos/27887748@N00/491727233/ under Creative Commons.

TSK

Roaming Kanto

Seen 13 Hours Ago
Posted September 9th, 2019
180 posts
12.4 Years
This game looks great but I have two questions:
Where is Tangela’s pre-evolution found?
What will you do with the trade evolutions?
Tangel is on route 46, but is quite rate, especially in the morning.
Currently trade evos are still as they were in the base game. I will look into making them level up evolutions as well, but that will be for a next version.
Seen June 30th, 2019
Posted June 30th, 2019
2 posts
111 Days
So I uh played your game through operationidroid website and I gotta say it's a really good rom hack incorporating the beta gold pokemons (I currently have 6 gym badges), but I gotta ask if numpuff (qwilfish evo) is water electric instead of pure water in beta 3.1 as am I playing beta 2.0 (downloaded from operationidroid) and it sorta make sense that numpuff should be water electroc as it has the lightning symbol underneath its mouth. I also gotta if you could make pangshi (voodoo doll's evo) ghost fighting since it gets a lot of fighting type move lile jump kick and triple kick (unless pangshi is already ghost fighting in beta 3.1). Other than that, I gotta say again that it's a well made game, which with the beta type chart and beta pokemons makes it fun.

Pôkëfrēåk

Male
None of your business
Seen 3 Days Ago
Posted August 11th, 2019
13 posts
167 Days
Tangel is on route 46, but is quite rate, especially in the morning.
Currently trade evos are still as they were in the base game. I will look into making them level up evolutions as well, but that will be for a next version.
So to be specific, where Trifox is found?

Pôkëfrēåk

Male
None of your business
Seen 3 Days Ago
Posted August 11th, 2019
13 posts
167 Days
Trifox, according to the beta 2.0 game I'm playing rn, can be found in one of the early route of johto, it's the route above the first route you go through in johto
Exactly and it’s route 46 so is Tangel found in the route with Trifox?
Advertiser Content