Te lo juro por Dieguito Maradona 😎

Age 25
Male
Guatemala City
Seen 13 Hours Ago
Posted 19 Hours Ago
467 posts
6.8 Years
Well. I'm using Fire Red and I'm wondering if there's a way to prevent the player from escaping from an outdoor type map using things like Fly, Teleport or a escape rope. I need it for an event I'm makin that requires the player to complete a task without escaping. I cannot just select the map type as indoors because it would not apply the DNS filters and Day/Night wild Pokémon switching. Not sure if this can be done via ASM or by hex editing.
Graphic design is my passion...

Click on the picture to see the best hack ever created (?

__fred__40

fred

Male
mt silver
Online now
Posted 3 Days Ago
255 posts
1.2 Years
Total guessing here, but I would simply hack one of the unused map types(there are like 3/4 if im not mistaken)
This should be easy to do with the CFRU,just copy paste an outdoor map type function but where it says MapAllowsFlyTeleport(dont remember the exact function) simply return FALSE
PS:Btw,RIP Maradona best of all time
Online now
Posted 3 Days Ago
55 posts
2.1 Years
I needed this while developing my hack, and I came up with one idea where once an event in cave took place, when player exits the cave, they need to talk to an npc before being able to fly/escape out of the map. I placed a script near the very exit of the cave (you can use a level script of the map you're entering), where I quickly cleared flag 828. This will disable the pokemon menu and player won't be able to use things like fly, cut rock smash etc. (the menu is restored upon talking to said NPC)

I think that there are options where you could just change the map type in the header tab of Advance map, but then again it probably won't allow you to fly out of that map ever (changing the type to a cave for example).

MM980

"You said you have a dream...That dream...Make it come true ! Make your wonderful dream a reality, and it will become your truth ! If anyone can, it's you !"

Age 13
Male
Kerala,India
Seen 2 Hours Ago
Posted 23 Hours Ago
105 posts
32 Days
I needed this while developing my hack, and I came up with one idea where once an event in cave took place, when player exits the cave, they need to talk to an npc before being able to fly/escape out of the map. I placed a script near the very exist of the cave (you can use a level script of the map you're entering), where I quickly cleared flag 828. This will disable the pokemon menu and player won't be able to use things like fly, cut rock smash etc. (the menu is restored upon talking to said NPC)

I think that there are options where you could just change the map type in the header tab of Advance map, but then again it probably won't allow you to fly out of that map ever (changing the type to a cave for example).
GENIUS : )
SIGNATURES:

1.😄 Thank You

2. Recruiting for Let's go Togepi / Pichu (ROM hack of firered)

My dear 'ROCCO'

MM980

"You said you have a dream...That dream...Make it come true ! Make your wonderful dream a reality, and it will become your truth ! If anyone can, it's you !"

Age 13
Male
Kerala,India
Seen 2 Hours Ago
Posted 23 Hours Ago
105 posts
32 Days
I needed this while developing my hack, and I came up with one idea where once an event in cave took place, when player exits the cave, they need to talk to an npc before being able to fly/escape out of the map. I placed a script near the very exit of the cave (you can use a level script of the map you're entering), where I quickly cleared flag 828. This will disable the pokemon menu and player won't be able to use things like fly, cut rock smash etc. (the menu is restored upon talking to said NPC)

What is your ROM hack, I would love to play it
SIGNATURES:

1.😄 Thank You

2. Recruiting for Let's go Togepi / Pichu (ROM hack of firered)

My dear 'ROCCO'