• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Encounter list UI (v19)

Years
This resource is only compatible with v19/v19.1.

With permission from raZ (Pokémon Daybreak), this is a reworked version of the simple encounter list UI script, updated for v19! This script allows the player to see what encounters are available on the current map!

Here's the original resource from raZ and friends: https://reliccastle.com/resources/401/
That resource works with v18/v18.1 if you're using either of those versions.

You should also check out the DexNav UI script from phantombass, recently updated for v19 and a great practical application of the original script: https://reliccastle.com/resources/520/

Features
  • If a Pokémon has not been seen, it appears as the ? sprite. If a Pokémon has been seen, but is not owned, the sprite appears greyed out. If a Pokémon is owned, the sprite appears in full colour. Note: owning a Pokémon is shared across all forms, seeing is not.
  • One page of possible encounters per encounter type, allowing you to separate land-like encounters from water encounters, etc.
  • The UI supports up to 21 sprites, but there's no actual limit if you have more than 21 unique encounters for a particular encounter type, it'll just look weird.
  • Customise the name of the encounter types by editing the USER_DEFINED_NAMES hash at the top of the script.
  • Easy to customise the background into whatever you like by editing the bg.png graphic (please do, it's literally a white box).
  • Sprite and text positions are agnostic to screen resolution.

Here's what the UI looks like with the default graphics:
Spoiler:

It's not the most beautiful thing in the world, so I encourage you to edit the graphics that come with the resource.

Installation
  • Download the .zip file from this MediaFire link.
  • Once downloaded, open the .zip file.
  • Drag the two folders you see into your project's main folder (where you have Game.exe), allowing them to merge with your existing folders. And that's it!
  • (Optional) Start a new save.

How to use
I'll explain how to set up this resource with the default pause menu. Setting it up with other pause menus will be different. If you like cool pause menus, Voltseon's Pause Menu has this resource built in, so no effort required!

For the default pause menu, go to the UI_PauseMenu script and find this line:
Code:
cmdEndGame   = -1
Add this line under it:
Code:
cmdEncounter = -1
Next, find this line:
Code:
commands[cmdPokegear = commands.length]  = _INTL("Pokégear") if $Trainer.has_pokegear
Add this line under it:
Code:
commands[cmdEncounter = commands.length] = _INTL("Encounters")
You can add a condition to the above line if you want the "Encounters" option to appear only under certain conditions, e.g. a game switch being active.
Finally, find this block of code:
Code:
elsif cmdPokegear>=0 && command==cmdPokegear
  pbPlayDecisionSE
  pbFadeOutIn {
    scene = PokemonPokegear_Scene.new
    screen = PokemonPokegearScreen.new(scene)
    screen.pbStartScreen
    @scene.pbRefresh
  }
Paste this below it:
Code:
elsif cmdEncounter>=0 && command==cmdEncounter
  pbPlayDecisionSE
  pbFadeOutIn {
    scene = EncounterList_Scene.new
    screen = EncounterList_Screen.new(scene)
    screen.pbStartScreen
    @scene.pbRefresh
  }
You can play around with where these new lines go to make the "Encounters" option appear in a different position on the pause menu. How I've set it up makes it appear between "Pokégear" and "Red" (or whatever your player name is).

Controls
Press the left/right arrows to move between pages.
Press "Use" or "Back" to close the UI. By default, this would be C/Space/Enter or X/Esc.

Future plans
  • Add an indicator of encounter rarity.
  • Get alternate forms to group with their base form friends, e.g. Alolan Rattata grouped with Kantonian Rattata.
  • Make the UI look nicer.

Please let me know if there are any issues/questions either here or via Discord (ThatWelshOne_#3324). I'm always happy to help where I can.

As always, thanks for reading!

Last edited:
Years
Is good to see that the v18 scripts are being updated to v19. Plus, you did show us a picture of what the script looks like, which is always a good idea in my book.

The only thing I always wondered about this script was if it works like ORAS DexNav, that is, if you can use it to select a specific Pokémon and the it will search for it in the map, so you can sneak around to try and get it

Years
Is good to see that the v18 scripts are being updated to v19. Plus, you did show us a picture of what the script looks like, which is always a good idea in my book.

The only thing I always wondered about this script was if it works like ORAS DexNav, that is, if you can use it to select a specific Pokémon and the it will search for it in the map, so you can sneak around to try and get it

This script just shows what you can find. But there's this resource that implemented the DexNav, recently updated to v19: https://reliccastle.com/resources/520/

Years
Hello, everyone!
This resource has been updated to fix a bug with the sprite tone not updating properly, and to make the screen fade in/out more naturally. Download the resource again to get these changes.
Enjoy!

Back