• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Event: Pokémon Mystery Dungeon: Valentine's Event 2022!

Sapphire Rose

[I]Only thorns left on this rose.[/I]
Years
  • SAPwejm.png

Pokémon Mystery Dungeon Valentine's Event 2022!

MDP_E_040_Very_happy.png

"Dialga what a long name...

Oh! I wasn't aware you were already here! It's a pleasure to meet you! My name is Grandmaster Sapphy and I will be your host for this event!

I see you would all like to be adventurers- and that is good! With my absolute favourite season of the month coming up, requests and quests have started piling up! Now, normally it requires a signup to join our guild but with previous accidents with old members still in our minds.... cough It is only fair we've become more picky when accepting new adventurers!

Therefor we have come up with this trial! It is your job to complete those missions and quests and to fulfill their requirements for the entirety of this season! I will judge your efforts basis on how many points you've gotten and how you completed your said mission or quest. There are no wrong answers -Except if you... you know. Totally wreck it- but I would like to see who we are recruiting, you know! Whoever gets the most points wins a portrait of them from the amazing artist, Kitty the Cosmog! Her work can be found in the artist alley

It's also perfectly acceptable to take on a missions together! Yes please indulge my shipping heart

As your grandmaster I wish you all good luck! Be nice to each other and have fun!"

GBGBGuz.png

♡ Timestamps
    KW8cQEY.png

Sort event: Pokémon Mystery Dungeon!
    Start time: February 1
    End Time: February 28 March 18
    What kind of Event?: Drop in drop out

This event may be extended on request if multiple writers wish so.

The list of players can be found here: IC

Join the Event discord for questions and communication with other participants! https://discord.gg/AERTJRp3wH

♡ Sign-up

For this event, only a minimum is required! We would like it if you explore your backstory through the stories or missions you write for this month!

Name:
    Pokémon: (No legendaries. Only first stage mons allowed.)
    Gender: (Male, Female, Non-binary or anything else you feel fits)

Appearance: (Any special traits to your character? faceclaims are welcome. You can leave it small.)

Personality: (you may keep it simple and small or detailed.)

Likes/Dislikes:

♡ Bulletin Board

[QUEST 1] Help wanted for gift!
    Cleffa wants to buy her little girlfriend jigglypuff the perfect gift. Unfortunately this is much harder than she had prepared for... There is... and Arbok in the grass, so to say. She therefor asks the assistance of the Adventurer's guild!

Objectives for completion:
    Find a gift for Jigglypuff
    fight an Arbok

Objectives for wrecking:
    Buy a horrible gift for Jigglypuff
    Don't fight an Arbok

Reward: 3 points

[QUEST 2] A Date
    Bidoof is watching the lovely couples pass him by as they do every year, making the feelings of loneliness sink in extra hard. He is determined to get a date this year and requests the guild to help him in his persuit.

Find a date for the lonely Bidoof
    And/or help him realize his worth. (up for interpretation)

Objectives for wrecking:
    Anything that would undermine the objectives for completion

[QUEST 3] Sabotage
    Shinx is jealous. His crush, Eevee, is out on a date with the handsome Boltund and if that wasn't already bad enough... They seem to be having fun too! No no no. Shinx cannot allow that. He's requesting the help of the guild to sabotage this "perfect date".

Sabotage the date whether this is on accident or purpose

[QUEST 4] A long lost love
    Nidoking is known as the cranky old man of the village. He's more often than not found on his field working on his berries. But even a cranky old man has a small heart... every year during Valentine's he's reminded of the only woman he ever loved. If only he could see his sweet Nidorina again. Would she be all grown up now like him?

This quest was given by a concerned Pokémon that happened to overhear Nidoking.

Help Nidoking find his long lost love
    Help him write a letter (or arrange a meeting)

[QUEST 5] Love is in the air! Or is it?
    Pidget is in love with the fairest of them all. The cool Sparrow! Sparrow, however, has not yet noticed Pidget's tireless efforts to sway him. Gifts she send are either ignored or thought of to be someone's elses. Her letters are never read. Yet, whenever she greets him, he still greets her back ever kindly... Then why?!

Help Pidget find the reason he has not been reading her letters or accepted the gifts.
    Help Pidget come through to Sparrow

[QUEST 6] Cool & Spicy
    The cool & spicy Vulpix is unapproachable for most. She's generally known as the ice-queen and doesn't show much interest in anything else. Despite that, Vulpix actually has a desire to be who she truly is...

A sweet and girly Vulpix wants to let the town know what she's really like and get rid off her Cool & Spicy reputation once and for all. She requests the guild for help. You might get some trouble with one of her admirers though who TOTALLY has the wrong idea of why you're helping her.

Help Vulpix let the town know who she truly is
    Fight a Sneasel

Objectives for wrecking:
    Lose the battle against the Sneasel

[QUEST 7] Rockhard
    Rockruff wants to explore in the mountains! He wants to find the most beautiful rock for his little Rockruff sister. She was so heartbroken that her crush had rejected her that he is taking his big brother role to cheer her up! He's requesting the guild to send someone that can help him with this adventure.

Find something that will appease Rockruff's sister

Objectives for wrecking:
    Become the new crush for the sister.

[QUEST 8] A broken heart
    Tyranitar discovered that his husband might have possibly cheated on him. He's a raging mountain while he storms through the forest and scaring the kids that usually play there. A concerned parent is asking the guild for help.

Find out what happened here
    Calm down the raging Tyranitar in whatever way possible

Objectives for wrecking:
    Forcibly calm down the Tyranitar through battle. (Only in a group can you possibly win this fight)

[QUEST 9] Date Setup
    Aipom is hopelessly in love with his girlfriend Sentret. She's helped him through so much that he now wants to do something back! With Valentine's coming up, he has requested the guild to help him create the perfect date night. Slaking and chill and all that?

Help Aimon create the perfect date scenario

Objectives for wrecking:
    Ruin date night

[QUEST 10] Forbidden love
    Skitty wants to be together with her one and true love Wailord! However, up till now her parents have refused to acknowledge their relationship... Skitty requests help from the guild to convince her parents!

Convince... her Delcatty parents...?

Objectives for wrecking:
    Be unable to convince her parents

I1Yb52Z.png

♡ Rules
    F1dwzke.png

♡ You can only take one mission at a time, meaning you'll have to finish one mission before you can claim another.
    ♡ You may make as many posts as you wish
    ♡ This event encourages small posts. That means it's not neccesary to make huge posts. Missions can perfectly be completed in smaller posts.
    ♡ Rating is PG-13. Please, be tasteful and fade to black.
    ♡ SHIPPING IS ENCOURAGED
    iGoNdt6.png

♡ The usual RPT and PC rules apply here!

Still confused? Need more clarification? Feel free to ask away!

En1YQbL.png

text by Sapphire Rose // css by Sapphire Rose & aquacorde
    All images belong to GameFREAK/Nintendo

Last edited:

Hyzenthlay

[span=font-size: 16px; font-family: cinzel; color:
    Years
  • No sign-ups yet?? Criminal! These missions are the cutest things I have seen in ages, omg. :pleaplup:

Marty the Scyther

◇ Male
    ◇ Mid-late teens (in Scyther years)

Appearance: He's kind of on the smallish side, for a Scyther. So while he looms over a lot of first-stage Pokémon, he is going through that awkward, gangly teenager phase. And yeah, he's self-conscious about that!

Personality: Marty has a very obvious frontal lisp. And he hates it. With every fibre of his being. Since he tries so, very hard to avoid saying words with an /s/ or /z/, his language seems clipped, awkward and abrupt, and sometimes he won't answer at all. Combining this trait with two deadly weapons for appendages, this makes him rather unapproachable.

However, Marty is a harmless soul who couldn't hurt a fly (even if he tried, he'd miss - he's a klutz), and he gets flustered very easily. He's dorky and oblivious at times, you just wouldn't know it until he stumbles, physically or socially. Which... actually happens a fair bit.

Likes/Dislikes: He's a teenager, c'mon. He finds a reason to dislike everything. :) Edgy is cool, right??

art is from this meme

Last edited:

Hyzenthlay

Years
  • I'm taking [QUEST 7] - Rockhard please! :D

EDIT: I won't have time/energy for JPs most likely so I'll do my quests solo, if that's okay!

Last edited:

Sapphire Rose

Years
  • No sign-ups yet?? Criminal! These missions are the cutest things I have seen in ages, omg. :pleaplup:

Marty the Scyther

◇ Male
    ◇ Mid-late teens (in Scyther years)

Appearance: He's kind of on the smallish side, for a Scyther. So while he looms over a lot of first-stage Pokémon, he is going through that awkward, gangly teenager phase. And yeah, he's self-conscious about that!

Personality: Marty has a very obvious frontal lisp. And he hates it. With every fibre of his being. Since he tries so, very hard to avoid saying words with an /s/ or /z/, his language seems clipped, awkward and abrupt, and sometimes he won't answer at all. Combining this trait with two deadly weapons for appendages, this makes him rather unapproachable.

However, Marty is a harmless soul who couldn't hurt a fly (even if he tried, he'd miss - he's a klutz), and he gets flustered very easily. He's dorky and oblivious at times, you just wouldn't know it until he stumbles, physically or socially. Which... actually happens a fair bit.

Likes/Dislikes: He's a teenager, c'mon. He finds a reason to dislike everything. :) Edgy is cool, right??

art is from this meme

Omg he's so cute <3 I love him!!

I'm taking [QUEST 7] - Rockhard please! :D

EDIT: I won't have time/energy for JPs most likely so I'll do my quests solo, if that's okay!

Of course that's okay! :)

Eleanor

Princess Era 🎀
    Years
    • Age 24
    • she/her
    • Italy
    • Seen yesterday
    Ok, I'll try my hand at Quest 2 with this cutie :fufu:
    Well maybe. :)

Ichiro the Baltoy
    No idea how Baltoy age works but... still relatively young. :)
    Appearance: Ichiro is really just a regular Baltoy to most other Pokémon. To be fair, their size is slightly above average for a Baltoy, and his spikes are more stubby and sturdy, but those are just details…
    Personality: Ichiro is a rather logical and practical thinker, but often this makes them come off as detached and difficult to become a friend of. At first, this bothered them, but they soon found a solution in helping others no matter what - something that also explains their passion and dedication towards the Guild. Even now they are still getting used to the new environment and making some friends, but they can be kind of stubborn in that sense, and they are not discouraged by this.
    Likes/Dislikes: It's hard to tell actually. Even Ichiro themselves like to think that there's nothing that they like or dislike that intensely… but a better way to explain it is that they're still trying to figure this out.

Last edited:

Sapphire Rose

Years
  • Ok, I'll try my hand at Quest 2 with this cutie :fufu:
    Well maybe. :)

Ichiro the Baltoy
    No idea how Baltoy age works but... still relatively young. :)
    Appearance: Ichiro is really just a regular Baltoy to most other Pokémon. To be fair, their size is slightly above average for a Baltoy, and his spikes are more stubby and sturdy, but those are just details…
    Personality: Ichiro is a rather logical and practical thinker, but often this makes them come off as detached and difficult to become a friend of. At first, this bothered them, but they soon found a solution in helping others no matter what - something that also explains their passion and dedication towards the Guild. Even now they are still getting used to the new environment and making some friends, but they can be kind of stubborn in that sense, and they are not discouraged by this.
    Likes/Dislikes: It's hard to tell actually. Even Ichiro themselves like to think that there's nothing that they like or dislike that intensely… but a better way to explain it is that they're still trying to figure this out.

Welcome! c: You've been added to the player list! What a little cutie <3

Last edited by a moderator:

Aquacorde

⟡ dig down, dig down ⟡
    Years
  • ahhhh hope I can manage to write it but I want to do Quest 3 if i can :)

Name: Selene
    Pokémon: Cleffa

Appearance: Selene is a shiny Cleffa, but she uses paints and powders to conceal her coloration- usually just masking her ears, but if she knows she will be around other Cleffa she powders up the rest of her fur as well. She wears a brown belt with many pouches and compartments hanging from it at all times. Well, unless she has to ditch it in a hurry.

Personality: Selene is always out to make a profit, and she sees opportunity in riding the coattails of Grandmaster Sapphy. Maybe she'll join the guild for real, maybe not- but in the meantime, squeezing every last Pokécoin out of these suckers is the name of the game. Serves them well enough, begging publicly for help with their personal problems.

Likes: Poké, bitter food, sabotage, watching people squirm.

Dislikes: Battling outright, being outsmarted, shopkeepers with good eyes.

Sapphire Rose

Years
  • ahhhh hope I can manage to write it but I want to do Quest 3 if i can :)

Name: Selene
    Pokémon: Cleffa

Appearance: Selene is a shiny Cleffa, but she uses paints and powders to conceal her coloration- usually just masking her ears, but if she knows she will be around other Cleffa she powders up the rest of her fur as well. She wears a brown belt with many pouches and compartments hanging from it at all times. Well, unless she has to ditch it in a hurry.

Personality: Selene is always out to make a profit, and she sees opportunity in riding the coattails of Grandmaster Sapphy. Maybe she'll join the guild for real, maybe not- but in the meantime, squeezing every last Pokécoin out of these suckers is the name of the game. Serves them well enough, begging publicly for help with their personal problems.

Likes: Poké, bitter food, sabotage, watching people squirm.

Dislikes: Battling outright, being outsmarted, shopkeepers with good eyes.

Omg I like <3 Welcome! I look forward to her adventures! :)

Hyzenthlay

Years
  • I don't suppose it'd be possible to ask for an extension on this? :pleaplup: I would have had so much time but the second half of February took a nosedive... ^^; I do love this event, so it'd be cool to see it last just a bit longer. :fufu:

Sapphire Rose

Years
  • I don't suppose it'd be possible to ask for an extension on this? :pleaplup: I would have had so much time but the second half of February took a nosedive... ^^; I do love this event, so it'd be cool to see it last just a bit longer. :fufu:

I'll discuss it with the other mods! :) There were a few people interested that had no time to do this so it might just be what we need.

Sapphire Rose

Years
  • We've decided to extend this event until the 18th of this month! :) That should give people enough time to still join or get a post out <3

Hyzenthlay

Years
  • Thank you for hosting the event, Sapphy!! I know the turnout wasn't great but it was definitely a fun concept and made me wish we had an ongoing Mystery Dungeon RP, haha <3

Sadly I had too much going on in my home life to just sit and write, which is a shame - I had so many fun plans in my head and just thinking about them gave me a lot of enjoyment! Maybe next time ^^

Pre-emptive congrats to Eleanor for earning the prize!

Back