• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Patch: Fixed Font Version of the Black & White HP Bars for Fire Red (Patch or C Injection)

LibertyTwins

Creators of Aesthetic Red (coming 2025!)
Years
  • Age 24
  • he/him
  • UK
  • Seen Apr 28, 2024
Most of you probably know about the BW HP Bars for Fire Red by PlatinumMaster & EternalCode.

This isn't hard to apply, but unfortunately in the original version, a few letters are "broken" and look off, shown in Primeape and Onix's names below:
XgMIJXz.png
ieRz8Nc.png

Some of the lowercase letters look off such as "m" and "a"

However, after a lot of experimenting with Wingrit and help from Discord, we've finally managed to fix the letters, shown below where our Charizard has been nicknamed "Primeape":
dByTHBl.png

Fixed lowercase font

The download link below contains a patch for those who prefer that method, and the Github repository including the fixed hpbar_gfx_resources.h file and font image.

Patching the ROM will use the following offsets: 0x800000 - 0x802B28, 0xEC0000 - 0xEC028F
Manually inserting the Github repo allows you to place it in any free space you want.

If used, please credit LibertyTwins, PlatinumMaster and EternalCode

Download here!

Attachments

• BW HP Bars Fixed.zip
    113.8 KB · Views: 8
Last edited:

LibertyTwins

Years
  • Age 24
  • he/him
  • UK
  • Seen Apr 28, 2024
Is this resource compatible with mega evolutions?

I believe it is! The offsets used are noted in OP incase you need to check compatibility with anything else, but 0x800000 upwards is notoriously free space.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 19
  • Seen Aug 8, 2023
If I also insert the CFRU and the DPE, will the other systems and names continue to work correctly?

C7XL

Robot Rock
Years
Is it possible to change which offset it goes to? Like for example, I applied the script on Unbound but it won't startup at all. I tried it on Shiny Gold and it worked fine, guessing the offset was free or not used?

I might be wrong altogether, just thinking on how can I apply this to different hacks.

Years
  • Age 19
  • Seen Aug 8, 2023
Did you fix the refresh of the number when it goes from 100 hp to 99, without showing the 1 in front?

LibertyTwins

Years
  • Age 24
  • he/him
  • UK
  • Seen Apr 28, 2024
Yes, theres 2 versions in the download - the IPS patch and then the manual C insertion. By manually inserting it (not too difficult) u can choose which offset u want it to go to

LibertyTwins

Years
  • Age 24
  • he/him
  • UK
  • Seen Apr 28, 2024
Wasnt aware of that problem so it's probably still in there unfortunately. I might see about fixing it soon

Back