• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Death, Destruction, Mayhem...

Kakuna vs. Metapod, who would win?

• Kakuna

Votes: 11 33.3%
  • Metapod

Votes: 13 39.4%
  • N0s! RaQwaZZa wud winn!!!!!111:bandit:

Votes: 9 27.3%

• Total voters

Chairman Kaga

living in the past
Years
  • This topic has none of those. Basically, it seems that versus topics are popular here now so I'm giving you one that will actually make you THINK.

If a Kakuna and a Metapod were to battle, which one would defeat the other?

Chiru

I dun use this account any mo'
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen May 31, 2013
    Hm, depends. If they both knew only Harden it would be like that boring Metapod vs Metapod pokemon episode. If they were raised from caterpies/weedles and knew their attacks, Kakuna would win because I'm pretty sure poison sting is supereffective against bug types. Of course, you all know Rayquaza could pwn both of them so hard it isn't even funny.

Random Plushie

Yes, it is a sheep
    Years
  • Technically Kakuna would win with it's Poison Sting. Would take a while if Metapod only used Harden (duh), but resistence would be futile. It would merely be delaying the inevitable. XD

Bliksem

The Author Pokemon
    Years
  • ...No, not really...well, sorta... but not really. A level 100 Metapod would lose to a level seven Kakuna raised from a Weedle due to poison, while a level 7 Metapod would've long struggled itself to death against a level 100 Kakuna. And back in RBY, Poison was supereffective against Bug.

Missie

Pokemon Groomer
    Years
  • I voted for Metapod. If you raised a Caterpie from a baby it knows tackle but Weedle only knows posion sting. Posion sting does very little to a shell. Plus now with Ruby and Sapphire Metapod could easily shed it's posion state. But because Metapod has tackle instead Kakuna could not shed that off. Therefore I think Metapod would win.

(this is going by the two being equal levels)

Alter Ego

that evil mod from hell
    Years
  • Assuming they both know all moves available to them and are of equal level then I'd say Kakuna due to the poisoning bonus. Although Metapod's 'Shed Skin' trait and, I think, higher attack stat would make it a pretty even match.

Fury of Ninetales

I'm back!
    Years
  • i have to go with metapod and missie. metapod's shed skin could get rid of the poison quickly. also, even if kakuna has STAB, poison sting does only 22.5 damage while metapod's tackle does 35 base damage. metapod's base stat HP (50) and defense (55) are higher than kakuna's but kakuna's attack is just 5 higher at 25

Trikip

Can you Handel this?
    Years
  • Neither would win. Don't they both just have harden? That's just for defense, so they wouldn't be able to fight.

Alter Ego

that evil mod from hell
    Years
  • Fury of Ninetales said:
    i have to go with metapod and missie. metapod's shed skin could get rid of the poison quickly. also, even if kakuna has STAB, poison sting does only 22.5 damage while metapod's tackle does 35 base damage. metapod's base stat HP (50) and defense (55) are higher than kakuna's but kakuna's attack is just 5 higher at 25

However, Tackle has 95 accuracy where as Poison Sting has 100. So Metapod could miss. Besides, it wouldn't take many successfull turns of poison to make the necessary difference. Also, ingame stats aren't an accurate measure since pok?mon have different DVs, EVs, and natures which affect them.

Last edited:

Fury of Ninetales

I'm back!
    Years
  • Trikip said:
    Neither would win. Don't they both just have harden? That's just for defense, so they wouldn't be able to fight.
    this thread is talking about a kakuna raised from a weedle and a metapod raised from a caterpie. weedle and caterpie have attacks and since they can learn no TMs or HMs, they are guaranteed an attack that deals damage.
    i forgot about the EV, IV, and DV situation. just to sum the battle up so there are no arguments: Rayquaza would win!!! *votes for rayquaza in the poll*

Years
  • Well when I used to face off with them for training my Metapod would always win, but maybe cause he had tackle XD. I still say Metapod though. He's just cooler! XD

Back