• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Death, Destruction, Mayhem...

Kakuna vs. Metapod, who would win?

• Kakuna

Votes: 11 33.3%
  • Metapod

Votes: 13 39.4%
  • N0s! RaQwaZZa wud winn!!!!!111:bandit:

Votes: 9 27.3%

• Total voters
    Years
    • Age 35
    • Seen Oct 15, 2012
    ya.. um... to be honest, i didn't think about that whole poison attack thing =/
    so i said metapod, mostly just because metapod is waaaayyy cooler in my opinion. i'm still in love with my blue version in which i had issues capturing a kakuna and therefore hate the stupid bug... so, metapod would win because i say it's cooler and if kakuna tried to mess with metapod, i'd freakin' stomp on it's stupid yellow face!

Timbjerr

[color=Indigo][i][b]T-o-X-i-C[/b][/i][/color]
    Years
    Kakuna for the poison sting arguement...

However throw in the possibility of a couple of String Shots for a more interesting battle...

Imite

イミテとメタ&#
    Years
    Win...what?

A Battle in the Game(s) - Eh, probably Kakuna with it's Poison Sting and all that. Assuming they both were raised versus caught. If they were caught, then they'd just harden over and over and struggle themselves to death. Cookies for everyone.

A Beauty Contest in the Game(s) - I gotta say Metapod here, especially if it was raised. String Shot gets more points in contests. Not like either of them would really win a contest, though...

A Battle in the Anime - No one. Team Rocket would attack and steal both of them.

A Beauty Contest in the Anime - Metapod. String shot would win major points for looking pretty, then it would evolve into Butterfree and be loved by all. Even if Kakuna evolved into Beedrill, it'd still lose.

So Metapod wins.

Imite

イミテとメタ&#
    Years
    Alter Ego said:
    Umm...Kakuna, gets String Shot too you know. The only difference between them, moveset wise, is that Metapod gets Tackle and Kakuna get Poison Sting.
    Oro. That's what I get for not playing the game in ages. ^_^;;

::goes to rethink strategy::

Wolf_Goddess

The pen is mightier...
    Years
    Ehehehe, the answer to that question: It depends. If They were like the game and you raised a Caterpie/Weedle and it turned into a Metapod/Kakuna, knowing the moves AND harden, then Kakuna would probably win, due to the fact it knows something that could poison the Metapod and the damage would decrease every turn.

However, if both of them only knew Harden, you would have to wait until they ran out of PP (going by the game) and use Struggle. So that's why...I clicked the third option.
    1. For fun
    2. Just because.

I think too logically for my own good. Besides, it IS true. He would win if he was somehow brought into this battle.

Chairman Kaga

living in the past
    Years
    I voted for Metapod simply because of what I've witnessed in the anime. When in mortal danger, a Metapod can summon the strength to fling itself with deadly force at its target, but a Kakuna has yet to prove that it can move any of its appendages at all. Therefore, Metapod lunges at Kakuna, punctures a hole in it, and a gelatinous, half-formed beedrill oozes out of it.

Shame on all of you who chose Rayquaza! That option was obviously a n00b trap >O

Years
    Man, all this time and you guys forgot one of the most important factors for extremely weak Pok?mon?

Well, I'll get to that in a moment. There are many factors that would determine that battle. As people have said before, it depends on level, nature, and stats. Nowadays, since Poison type moves are now not considered super-effective against Bug type Pok?mon, I'd say that Metapod would win. Assuming that both Pok?mon have identical stats and/or levels, Metapod's Tackle has a power of 40, whereas Kakuna's Poison Sting has a total power of 22.5 because of it's type combatabilities. Overall, Metapod should do more damage considering that it can outdo Kakuna's attack, even if it misses once or twice. Poison probably wouldn't too much damage to Metapod because of it's Shed Skin ability. Of course, that depends on its level.

Well, besides these two cacoon Pok?mon who can't move around much until they evolve, what about Silcoon and Cascoon? Shouldn't they be a part of this?

And why in the world would Team Rocket steal any of them? I'm pretty sure they're not all too interested in Butterfree, had quite enough of Beedril, despise Beautifly because of May's, and they already have a Dustox.

Of course, Metapod's, Kakuna's, Silcoon's, and Cascoon's attacks really, REALLY stink! If you want to quickly determine the winnner of any of those battles, make sure none of them have any PP left in their moves. And when you do battle, then they become quite the battler with Struggle! It's the stongest move any of them can get while in their hardened state! The battle should go rather quickly, so it's very easy to determine who'd win! (I wouldn't know...)

Back