• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Developing] Pokémon Umbra

Years
    • Seen Sep 22, 2022

Made by:
    @Invatorzen, @PickyPixelArtist, @Sapphire, @Jerry
    @Adar, @Rhyden, @Sleep, @Omega, @LuxDiablo
    @Antiant, @Squip, Sniper, & Rpaar

Made using PSDK

The story:
    The player comes from a family of successful trainers - two of your cousins, Martin and Mariana, have high positions in the Vereshad region. Martin being one of the region's gym leaders and Mariana being the champion, your parents would often compare you to them. Finally deciding it's time to become a trainer and prove yourself, you meet with the new temporary Professor, Professor Sakura, to get your starter Pokémon and begin your journey. While there you meet with your childhood friend Damien and someone entirely new to this region, Eva!

During your adventure you'll learn more about your friends, but more importantly you'll be learning more about the region and it's rich lore. How did Vereshad become this melting-pot of culture? Where is the original Professor - Professor Ilex? Why is Sakura sitting in for Ilex? Who is Team Radiance? What is their motive?

Who is the legendary Pokémon, and what is it's power?

Unique starters:
    During your journey in the Vereshad Region you'll be aided by one of three Pokémon that Professor Sakura has brought back from her journeys as a researcher.
    These three are known as the Psychic-type Psypole, Fighting-type Boxeroo, and Dark-type Seijitsu! All coming from their own unique regions.

Which will you pick?

Screenshots:

More screenshots can be found on Twitter, or the Wiki.
    Feel free to join our
    Discord too!

Download not yet available.

For our first demo we are aiming to have three gyms, so look forward to that when it comes out!

Unique features:
    Entirely Fakémon dex (~250+)
    A working GTS
    New moves and abilities unique to this project
    New Pokéballs and healing items
    New evolution methods
    Custom UI
    Lots of custom tiles
    A bug-catching and fishing contest reminiscent of the Johto's Bug Catching Contest!
    Friendship system with important characters
    Dynamic world/events
    PLA style move-relearning system
    A lot of features PSDK comes with like multiple saves, following Pokémon
    And more™

Credits:
    If it looks like I forgot to credit you, please let me know!

Spoiler:

Please note:
    This is a project we've been working on for a few years, but are still not close to having the first demo ready.
    We appreciate your patience. :)​

techdraconis

Nice to meet you!
    Years
  • This will become the best pokemon fangame there is.
    They put so much care into it already for years and the results show.

Years
    • Seen Mar 24, 2024
    game looks fun can't wait to play it and not sure which starter i would choose.

rwbonesy

Dogulus Rift
    Years
  • looks really good, i hope your team is able to bring it over the finish line so to speak

JCXD7L

Decidueye.
    Years
    • Seen Feb 9, 2024
    Will there only be fakemon or will also have vanilla mons? I'm excited either way tho, Looks good!

Years
    • Seen Sep 28, 2022
    if ok i'd like to do a playthrough off it and stream the game and keep coming back to it once a new update is out only if it's ok though

Years
    • Seen Sep 22, 2022

Dark

SW-8589-1512-3501
    Years
    • Seen May 3, 2024
    This looks amazing, can't wait to play this fan game

Kharnix

Praise the sun!
    Years
    • Seen Apr 21, 2024
    I'm definitely looking forward to this! The fakemon have very unique and amazing designs. I've been playing fangames with fakemon for years, but these designs really stand out. I'm very excited to play the demo whenever it comes out.

Back