• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokemon Mugiwara

Years
    • Seen Nov 5, 2023
    fan1.png

Today day or night, depending on what time it is in your country, I present to you the updated post of a project that I have been working on for a while, this project is based on combining pokemon with one piece.

Pikachu.gif
    Story

With the goal of being the King of the Pirates, you set sail from Villa Foosha towards unknown waters. After a few leagues of navigation your ship is attacked by Miss Love, a famous ship. After a few twists and turns, you manage to get the necessary crew to start your adventure. Evil tongues speak of an area called "Grand Line", which houses a hidden treasure. Whoever owns it, he will be hailed as the one true Pirate King!

Screenshots
    scragy_a.gif

1597784196019-png.2087
    BX2QAXM.gif
    wawa.gif
    wey_5.gif
    D1CY7Ga.gif
    awevo.gif
    Pokemon_-_FireRed_Version_USA-103.png
    pokemon-firered-version-usa-41-png.2763
    E4WCNMo.png
    solar_blaide.gif
    la_abejita_xD.gif

Characteristic

-Renewed tileset and graphic improvements
    -Dynamic palettes
    -Attacks up to 7th gen
    -Infinite TM system
    -BW style animated pokemon from all Generations
    -Characteristics according to nature
    -vertical climbing
    -Events and window lighting with the RTC
    -Special Physical Division
    -Micro grass from pokémon ruby
    -BW options menu
    -Schedule battle system
    -Follow me system

Special thanks to these people who have helped me
    Spoiler:

my networks
    Discord : https://discord.gg/576CWvCxgV
    Twitter : https://twitter.com/TohruHr
    Youtuve : https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC5h6-ZLDR8zI52k8T1aLnQA

Inner Rhymes

Rhythm & Poetry.
    Years
  • This looks insane! I love the tile sets you are using, they really pop, not to mention the Pokémon having moving animations is such a dope call back to the gen 5 era! Most definitely looking forward to the release of a beta!

Years
    • Seen Oct 13, 2023
    Niceee! hoping to see some english documentation since the discord isn't english

Years
    • Seen today
    It looks fantastic! I really like the graphical approach you are taking. It looks like Pokémon R.O.W.E and Giratina's Legend. I hope we see more and more hacks with this POV. However I wonder, since there is no release, shouldn't this topic be listed in Progressing Hacks? One more question, is it going to be English as the above post mentioned the Discord is not and I haven't see any indication for it being English.

Years
    • Seen Nov 5, 2023
    Hello everyone, first of all I would like to thank you for supporting this project and at the same time to announce that I have plans to release a demo of the game later this month. It may not be a long beta but I would like to show what the game is about. This would serve more than anything to take into account that improving the language of the game will also be English
    hello.gif
    ug.gif

my networks

Inner Rhymes

Rhythm & Poetry.
    Years
  • Hello everyone, first of all I would like to thank you for supporting this project and at the same time to announce that I have plans to release a demo of the game later this month. It may not be a long beta but I would like to show what the game is about. This would serve more than anything to take into account that improving the language of the game will also be English
    hello.gif
    ug.gif

my networks

So pumped to see this finally come to fruition, I have never really watched One Piece before, so I reckon, this might be my reason to finally get into it.

Days
    • Seen Sep 24, 2023
    I have not played any hacks yet, but I am getting into making them. I hope this is the first one I play, waiting for the full.

Years
    • Seen Feb 4, 2024
    Wow! Pokemon and portait are have animation!? I've never seen a FireRed hack make this, this would be first one!

Years
    • Seen Nov 5, 2023
    Greetings Nakamas

I'm excited to present to you a special piece of my passion project that I've been working on for years: the Pokemon Mugiwara demo. This demo represents an exciting step forward in our development journey and I want to share it with all of you.

🔍 The Demo of Pokemon Mugiwara : Your Voice Matters 🔍

First of all, I want to make it clear that this demo is not just to show what we have achieved so far. It's an opportunity for you, the players, to provide us with valuable information. I want to know your thoughts, desires and expectations. This demo is our way of saying: "You are part of this journey, and your voice matters."

📣 Why is your opinion important? 📣

It has been developed with love and dedication, but we are committed to making it even better. Your feedback will help us refine and shape the game to what excites you most. Do you want more challenges? Deeper stories?

💡 How you can contribute:

Play and enjoy: First, immerse yourself in the world of Pokemon Mugiwara and have fun. We want you to enjoy the experience.

Share your thoughts: After playing, take a moment to leave us your comments on this post.

Follow us: Stay up to date with updates and announcements for Pokemon Mugiwara. We have many exciting surprises coming your way.

🚀 What's next after the demo? 🚀

The demo is just the first step. With your help, we are committed to creating a game that is a reflection of what players want.

Download the demo [link] and get ready for an amazing experience!

🎮 Recommendation for playing 🎮​

Open the save from the game and not the emulator.

make sure your save type is 128kb otherwise the game may break

Have fun playing and finding references.

🌟 Let's find the One Piece together my dear nakamas !!! 🌟

luffy-onepiece.gif

Last edited:

Simpistotle

Simpistotle
    Years
  • Holy Jesus I am a HUGE fan of One piece and I've been following this project for MONTHS!! I'm so glad to see the demo is out, i'm going to be playing it right now! Though it's just a demo, is it okay that I record a video of the gameplay for my Youtube channel??

Years
    • Seen May 4, 2024
    Hello, I have tried the demo(or at least the SS Anne and Alvida section of it) and I enjoyed it quite a bit, liked how you changed the story of One Piece slightly to accomodate the use of Pokemon over Devil Fruit power or Haki and I can say that I was pleasantly surprised by the fact that Nami and Dawn appeared at the early section of the game. I enjoyed it.

However, unfortunately, my experience was hampered by some bugs and soft-locks I don't think were supossed to happen. And as you said that players who tried the game should give feedback and say if they encountered any bugs or soft-locks...here I go.

Here's my bugs and soft-locks report:
    There is a bug after starting the quest for Dawn to get her package back where if you go to the room next to Dawn's and talk to the blonde NPC, it'll cause the game to freeze and make a horrible sound. This glitch happened even after saving, restarting or rewiding the game and it also happened even after the quest ended.

After defeating Alvida, Koby suddenly vanishes and doesn't reappear next to Luffy unless you go back down to the ship's middle decks and then go all the way back to the stairs leading to the lower decks, otherwise Koby will not come back.

When entering then exiting any of the doors on the middle decks will have a 8 out of 10 chances to trigger a game-breaking bug that will cause Koby to vanish, Luffy to stay locked looking at the door and all game and emulator features to stop working, only working again after saving.

But now I saved in the room where Nami is after getting the bug and...I can't exit the room at all without causing the bug, causing me to be unable to progress in the demo at all.

And a more minor bug would be some parts of the floor to no longer work for Luffy to walk on or some things that Luffy shouldn't walk through like a window allow him to do so.

I am very sorry if I came off as critical because I don't intend that. I want this awesome fan project and rom hack to be the best it could. And I'm sure that all of these bugs and soft-locks could be fixed in the future.

I know some bugs are inevitable, I would know as someone who tried and failed to make a rom hack without game breaking bugs, but I really want this project to be in the best state as both a One Piece and a Pokemon fan.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Nov 5, 2023
    I hope to fix all those bugs for beta 1. This one could be considered as 0.3, I recently updated the link for this version, but there were minor changes in spelling.

Years
    • Seen Mar 27, 2024
    Despite being a demo this game is unplayable for me. freezed and bugged at the beginning when luffy look for foods with munchlax talking to koby on the boat . just freezes. so can't really enjoy the demo until a update fixes the bugs. I had to save the game before this point just to check other rooms to progress the story

Attachments

• IMG_0208.png
      IMG_0208.png
      64.5 KB · Views: 2
    Back