• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Red hack: Pokémon Röd och Blå (Pokémon Red and Blue Swedish Translation)

Years
    • Seen Sep 3, 2023
    This is a Swedish-language hack of Pokémon Red and Blue versions that aims to be as "authentic" as possible - essentially, what if a Swedish-language version had been made officially?

Features:
    - All text, including graphical text such as the slot machine interface and SGB borders, has been translated
    - Dialogue and writing that tries to be as late-90s as possible
    - All-new Pokémon names
    - All gen 1 jank is preserved
    - Remains almost entirely compatible with English-language Stadium and Stadium 2 (the å and Å characters will not display properly in Pokémon names)

Screenshots:
    Rwygrw6.png
    lVF71hY.png
    NeuD2fi.png
    h359Zh9.png

LU1PNZ8.png
    OpMp7TY.png
    8qRR2JX.png
    wOviOeL.png

Known bugs:
    - The "kp" symbol in a Pokémon's summary screen may display incorrectly
    - Some graphical errors may occur in the credits sequence
    - The "ED" character in naming screens is jumbled on certain emulators and devices

Updates:
    - 5/6/2023: Text fixes/rewrites for style consistency across several areas
    - 5/7/2023: Resynced some files that weren't updated in the current patch as intended
    - 5/26/2023: Fixed some text runoffs, fixed Route 23 guards still referring to the badges by their English names, changed the status indicator for paralysis from "FLM" to "LAM"
    - 6/1/2023: More text runoff fixes, grammatical inconsistency fixes, fixed Slowbro's name still being English, changed Spearow's name from "Sparvel" to "Spjarv" as the former was too similar to "Larvel" (Caterpie)

----

Patch files are attached. Patch over the English release of Red or Blue using LunarIPS.
    Please let me know if you encounter any bugs, typos, text runoff, or anything we missed!

Credits:
    All involved in the pokered disassembly, as this project was built using it
    Salterfall for the majority of translation work
    Myself for compiling, testing, graphics editing, and occasional translation ideas
    Ganix for some bugfixes

Attachments

• Pokemon Blå.ips
      254 KB · Views: 14
    • Pokemon Röd.ips
      253.7 KB · Views: 19
    Last edited:

StCooler

Mayst thou thy peace discover.
    Years
    • Seen yesterday
    Sorry; I've submitted this in the wrong section! Feel free to move it, or just delete it and I'll resubmit it under the Sideshow Showcase section :']

I moved your thread to the Sideshow showcase section :)

Days
    • Seen Jun 9, 2023
    Hi, hope you're having an amazing weekend! Just had a question about installing this!
    What's the best game console to download it?
    And do you need an Everdrive or EZ-Flash? Or is over iphone? Let me know when you have a chance, thank you!💕

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Sep 3, 2023
    Hello!
    Anything that can load and play Game Boy games can run this hack - so, a Game Boy flash cart, or emulator. I'm not that familiar with iPhone but I'm sure a decent GB emulator app exists on that since there's a few on Android.
    The patch file has to be patched over your own ROM copy of Red or Blue, which I can't tell you how to obtain other than "legally dump it yourself" :]

Edit: Meant to use the actual reply feature but can't seem to get it to work, rip

Days
    • Seen Nov 23, 2023
    Thanks for this! I'm learning Swedish but it's really hard to get media I know that's translated into it, as you might expect. I'm definitely enjoying it so far even though all the new words are frying my brain.

Two text errors:
    - In Veridian City, an outdoors NPC uses Pewter City instead of Tennstaden.
    - Also in Veridian City, the blackboard teaching teaching trainers about status effects calls an antidote "giftkur", but the actual item is called "motgift".

Back